/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 23th:
1174 – Saladin enters Damascus, and adds it to his domain.
1510 – First campaign of the Ottoman Empire against the Kingdom of Imereti (modern western Georgia). Ottoman armies sack the capital Kutaisi and burn Gelati Monastery.
1914 – Mexican Revolution: The last of U.S. forces withdraw from Veracruz, occupied seven months earlier in response to the Tampico Affair.
1940 – World War II: Romania becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis powers.
1943 – World War II: Tarawa and Makin atolls fall to American forces.

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA
youtube.com/watch?v=oCSNa38MQrI
youtube.com/watch?v=GauhWG340dI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based.

Reminder to shitpost

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

White.

Undisputably best Germany coming through
Also, best national anthem youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA

Reminder that the M&T modders can't tell reality from fantasy.

Fuck off, Adenauer. And take that fat wannabe jew Erhard with you

well this fucking sucks. I had a 35 martial genius strong king who i was going to make serve khorne and be the everchosen and i got the immortal events, i thought it would make my guy actually immortal but it just killed him

>not savescumming

ironmeme

HPM,

you need to take a look at the starting cores of the Metis Confederacy because they don't really make sense in the 1836 start.

>ironmeme

Well technically uhm.. nah.

Should I create Vichy France or just annex everything in HOI4?

Vichy France. Petain was W&B

You always make the thread 30+ early just to post this. Kill yourself, you are the cause of shitposting

>playing ironmeme after reapers due
Why? People die lefft and right to the common cold, it ruins ironman

>HPM has everyone drop dead in the mid-50s.
It's fucking stupid. I haven't seen anyone live over 56.

So what did we all get up to tonight, you do actually play these games and don't just shit post right.
>converted some heretics, discovered indonesia, colonised more south africa and Mauritius
Anyone else bummed about not all the DLC being on sale

Pro tip: read the files for immortality chain
There is a 90 percent base chance the mystic that spawn is a fraud, which means that on the last step of the immortality quest there is a 100000% chance of failure. Even witha genuine it's like a 40% of not failing. Immortality is a meme in gehemisnacht anyways and I would rather spend the time trying to reach daemon princehood

Just cheat for immortality
add_trait immortal (character ID)

Just bought EU4

What DLC should I 'buy'?

They all basic gameplay features that should have been in the game to begin with. So all of them

If I'm cheating I might as well just trigger s.chaos99 to become a demon prince. Depending on the location gehemisnacht isn't really that difficult so why cheat? theres always that potion that makes you immortal anyways.

>buy jewhans dlc
pirate it laddo

Hence 'buy'

>playing warhammer mod with Dark World
>My Ruler has a small dick
>cant build an alchemist to buy potion of penis enlargement because castle town was renamed to castle hamlet and alchemist requires castle town 1

>Start game
>Get bored of game
>Start new game
>Get bored of game
>Start new game
>Get bored of new game
I haven't got further than 1000, 1860, or 1938 in months.

Why bother asking then, just get it all

>1000
>using meme starts

LiqqqqqyyyyyyyyyYYyYYYYYYYYYY

should I build a small arms or ammo factory? Planning on going full rising sun on the pacific.

Fuck yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=oCSNa38MQrI

Why was Aurora removed from the OP anyway? Was it because nobody plays it?

Both, guarantee access to basic military goods.

Most room for divergence

What's the name of the Victoria II mod where Iberia can reconquer South and Central America?

not him but i've read the steam reviews and they say some dlc's are trash and revert the gameplay.

is this true?

Don't tell me you started as Imperial Japan, that's an awful idea.
Start as the Shogun, increase relations with murriga to the max so that you can get sphered by them (that is very important as it gives you access to their market AND you'll inherit their technology when you westernize), and meanwhile puppet every unprotected Indonesian/Malaysian minor you can - that has two purposes, negating the Netherlands from blobbing into them and getting prestige which is pretty important. If you get the shipwrecked sailors event tell them to fuck off for a huge increase in research points, but be prepared for reactionary rebels. Hell if you don't get it after you get sphered by the USA feel free to manually fire it.

It's called "make puppet", "place in the sun", "acquire state", and "conquest"

You can turn them on and off in the game, so just get em all, read what they do and experiment.

You westernize faster as imperial japan and then are better with techs for the whole rest of the game

You miss out on at least a decade of blobbing with impunity in the pacific, and westernizing faster isn't worth shit if you have more techs to catch up to - on top of having to wait for Tokugawa to die.

the pirated dlc's work with the steam version?

Is there any vampire that's actually fun to play as in Geheimnisnacht? Vlad is way too OP, the Red Duke leaves you stranded in the middle of a hostile empire (and you have to cheese pretty hard to win the initial war against Bretonnia) and Neferata, Vorragh and all those minor counts are basically powerless and too irrelevant

Yes.

Jade vampires, either of them. Theres also the blood dragons on the coast of Lustria. Alternativley use console commands to create a custom vampire duke of your choice somewhere in Estelia or Telia. Estelia and Telia have nice holdings and somewhat powerful enemies but gives room to expand

>You miss out on at least a decade of blobbing with impunity in the pacific
Yeah, figured that out now.

Is 1860 late for forming grob japon though?

thankyou for all your help :)

I'd start over.

You win the wars, you get more event troops, you imprison your enemies, you sacrifice them to fuel necromantic rituals to make more event troops, you snowball.
This isn't hard.

Not a fan of scrabbling your way to power? The vampires in the Border Princes are in the perfect position to expand and dominate. Eat your neighbors, ally with other neighbors to eat yet more neighbors, congeal the Border Princes into a single realm, then start invading the Orks/Dwarves/Italians.

Or play the vampire pirates on Lustria.
Vampire.
Pirates.

How do I fuck up Asia minors as shogunate when all my transports end up dieing do to lack of supply?

You start over, learn how to use manual trade functions, and stop being a retard that leaves them far from your territory when it's not necessary to do so.

As if we needed more evidence modding IS autism.

wow

>SJWery is autism
Not really, this is just a left wing faggot getting offended at nothing. Autism would be changing the localisation so instead of saying "attadk the natives" it says "introduce a European disease to the natives that vastly reduces their numbers due to their lack of an urabnised immune system".

But they decay even in port

See my previous post and also learn how to manage your finances.

Do they work in multiplayer?

No, Johan will come to your house and punch you in the dick

Show liquor factories lad

yes

Even if one person bought them all and the other pirated them all, it still works. Can host with pirated DLC too

It really is a great anthem. Here's another rendition. youtube.com/watch?v=GauhWG340dI

I never got how this became a meme, assault to the penis, I mean. I know I'm overthinking this but a shot to the balls is ALWAYS worse, also, a kick or punch to the dick will also hit the balls, as they're regionally close, and one would think the more severe pain would take precidence over the name of the attack. For example, I wouldn't say "I'm going to smack you on the hair", as a smack to the hair wouldn't hurt, but the head, which will almost certainly also get hit in this attack WILL hurt. I know this is autistic but for me it's up there with "I could care less" as one of the most irrational statements known to man.

Communists?! In *my* /gsg/?

Whatchu gon do, porkyboy?

Give you a high school economics textbook.

holy fuck i managed to form italy as Sicily in 1954 and got all my cores + Dalmatia in the same year

You misinterpret my opposition to your ideological leanings. I hate the capitalists as much as you, the difference is I hate them because they are predominantly Jewish and pushing their degeneracies onto society to stoke a docile slave class that will not check their power whereas you solely hate them because "grr fuggin 1%!!!!1!!"

The only free shit you should give to commies is an helicopter ride.

Playing France in HPM, what do I need to do to ensure becoming the second French Empire?

Pic related is my planned european borders in blue and yellow. feel free to suggest something different and non-european border goals.

What do you think /gsg/?

>an helicopter
I know this is grammatically correct, I just like starting shit.
Yes, I realise that this spoiler has ruined any possible attempt of shit starting, I just don't want to be hit by the "pretending to be retarded" meme
dubs decides how i kill myself
Yes, I know there are no dubs on Veeky Forums.
Yes, I know there's multiple zeros.
multiple zeros decide how i kill myself

>Pinochet will never save your county

Feels bad, man

>Naples
For what purpose?
Also, I don't know how it is in the game but in real life the second empire came about after Napoleon III won the 1848 election and launched a coup d'etat in 1851.

Conquer Britain's Indian clay

Stay liberal. Poopan the third won't try to seize power if the reactionary or conservatives are in power

France at one point in history had a very strong claim to the neapolitan throne.

That's absolutely retarded, historically Nappy seized power because the governmemt wasn't liberal enough.

>When he faced the prospect of having to leave office in 1852, Louis-Napoléon (nephew of Napoléon Bonaparte) staged the coup in order to stay in office and implement his reform programs; these included the restoration of universal suffrage (previously abolished by the legislature). His political measures, and the extension of his mandate for 10 years, were popularly endorsed by constitutional referendum.

He didn't even save his country

>Sardinia
Let's annex a region that would hate France as much as Corsica if not more but that also has even more batshit crazy people, what could possibly go wrong.

Yes, the Bourbons, not the Bonapartes.

Precisely, if you stay liberal he won't have a reason to try to get in power

But you said:
>won't try to seize power if the reactionary or conservatives are in power
Meaning he WOULD try to seize power from liberals, which wouldn't make sense because the liberals were the ones he agreed with.

How is my 1913 France doing?

Darker and lighter shades of France are my puppets

How difficult would it be to reform Roman Empire borders as Ottomans in V2? Who would I have to ally with to be able to conquer Italy, France and Iberia? And what techs should I research?

>that blobbing
Disgusting.

Why couldn't you just take a screenshot of your game?

>Shades of France

Meant for

Still, it was a kingdom made by french normans and ruled by different french dynasties. and it was conquered by Napoleon I and appointed a relative to as its king.

Meh, i like that map

Didnt they reach Denmart

If you honestly think the kingdom of France ans the kingdom of the French are the same thing you should kill yourself back to robbit.

Going for sardinia because in hpm its combined with corsica instead of corsica being combined with savoie and I don't want a partial state.

Fucker I did not say it is the same thing, I just meant that they have a very strong claim to the land and also stated the fact that the first napoleon ALSO conquered it.