supersmashbrosgeneral.wikia.com

>Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/vN9tKBx1

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
discord.gg/eA4wHVC
ikneedata.com/meleelight
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that every relevant regular left the general and can be found in the ssbg discord
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
It's open for everyone and has no moderation - If you can't get along with others use the blocking function. Don't forget to thank chazo chad moxy and rakky for killing the general

how do i fight cuck hunt as samus

Dont forget about the good /ssbg/ discord. The one without all the blatant shitposting and meta drama. The one with actual moderation

discord.gg/eA4wHVC

Say something nice about her

>Little mac has seen men be shot dead in the alleyway for little more than some cigs and the shoes they were wearing. Little mac has been beaten, slashed, burned, torn to shreds and beaten to death thousands of times in an intergalactic battle royale. He had climbed his way to the very top of the boxing tournament with little more than a pudgy black man at his side and the indomitable will to never give up in the face of adversity. He stared into the abyss that was the crazed female in front of him, his eyes boring none of the normal warmth and happiness he usually has, the only thought dominating his mind was his dire need to overcome the impossible. His muscles practically bulging in a pure show of machismo, giving the woman just what she was asking for before and then some, the sight of a man in peak physical form, ready for battle and fucking at any time of day. He knew in the deepest reaches of his mind that she was more than ready to meet him at every step of the way, her body yearning for the opportunity to dominate him in ways he could scarcely believe. But he wasn't going to allow it, his honor as a boxer and a man were on the line. He slams one hand inches away from her head against the metal behind her, the metal clang of his rock hard digits denting the metal ringing through the empty gym. He moves forward, pressing his cock firmly against her belly with the prime intent to show her how aroused he was, and most importantly that there was no way he was going to be gentle with her after what she's done. Her giggle gives him a slight pause, but not enough to make him stop his advance, wanting to know just how truly deranged this woman was how far she would go to prey on the champion of the boxing world. His inhibitions were completely blown away at this point, the only thoughts repeatedly running through his mind was that he wanted to thoroughly dominate this uppity nymphomaniac with everything he had.

Cloud's worst match up is a patient Little Mac.

>/trash/ copypasta
well this is new

I'm just starting out Melee since I was a kid but I've been watching the competitive tournaments for about 2 years now. Anyone want to netplay sometime?

My steam is suge pula mea

Go fuck yourself moxy/pame/rakkyy

Cutest alt costume

So this is how /ssbg/ dies, going out with a wimper in the dark. Good riddance.

So are we still not allowed to talk about melee or.

wait this is supposed to be fast? fucking tr4sh

I say yes. GO MY BOY

Anyone try out melee light? It any good?
ikneedata.com/meleelight

browser version sucks and I can't do anything with keyboard or gamepad.

Happy thanksgiving /ssbg/!

Happy Halloween

I made a lot of progress today.

Yesterday was my initial first day of playing Melee. I was struggling against level 8 fox and could only manage to survive with 1 stock at best. Today I can nearly 4 stock a level 8 fox, I can 4 stock a level 8 marth and I can 2 stock a level 8 peach (she has so much damn priority.) Falco is awesome and fun to play. Westballz is the man.

Anyone play SSB64 netplay?

Good luck.

I've been looking for melee for a day straight.

>What is anthers

Why is /ssbg/ dead? How did it die?

How do I git gud with jigglypuff?

STEF

someone start a melee general the shitposting potential is too great for there not to be one already

also smash 4 is absolute shit

Play someone else

Someone who spends all their time shitposting and trolling in a dead general must not have a very interesting life.

Jigglypuff 101

Important things I personally use/do
1) Use tilt stick so you can use the C stick aerials and not lose mobility

2) Turn tap jump off so you can fast fall into Sing

3) Don't use rest when you are desperate

Spacing and Neutral:
Space with back air, f-air, n-air and even sometimes d-air and u-air to catch rolls. Bait things with your airspeed you don't always have to go in with an attack you can literally just go in and out and see what your opponent does. In the neutral be patient and spend time on the ground too since being directly above your opponent can put you at a disadvantage.

Combos:
U-air and U-tilt Juggles which lead into many things once you experiment

F-air into N-air or F-air tech chases

Jab cancel setups like Jab into grab or Jab into N-air

Bait airdodges with Side B

Most of your combos are not guaranteed and rely on baiting airdodges, or tech chasing.
You are going to have to get creative with Jigglypuff because unlike Cloud you actually have to earn your wins.

Is there a 101 for marth

let's play. NNID?

Crowmeka

Guys... Is there a newer version of this? With the DLC / patches?

Or should we maybe make one?

Propaganda!

We need to know the truth!

Spam f-air and jab 1 into f-smash
Marth is a scrub character unlike Ganondorf who requires alot of skill

Duck Hunt and Spamus are both spammers that do nothing but run away in camp. They spam projectiles then roll to the other side of the stage and rinse and repeat this takes no skill.

Jigglypuff camps with multiple jumps and all Little Mac does is spam F-smashes.

Ganondorf players are honest noble players living in a world of braindead Cloud and Mario shitters that spam free combos and abuse dash grab. The Smash 4 community should give them the respect they so desperately deserve.

How will Nintendo bait people into purchasing a port of Smash 4 for Switch?

I know this game is mostly about predicting and guessing more than reacting to situations but how do I get better at reading people? At higher level play it's more difficult to predict them than a random for glory scrub spamming rolls

Bait and condition. Create situations where opponents HAVE to react and look for patterns there. If you can't find a pattern, try to condition your opponent into one.

Try going aggressive for a bit offstage and during juggles, then just throw in some airdodge waits or empty hops in the same match and see how it works out for you. Try to find habits in all aspects, like how people tend to approach or react to your approaches/setups and try to punish those.

The best way to get better at reading is going to sound shitty and unoriginal, but it's mostly just playing a lot and really looking at what your opponent is doing and what their options are.

To add to what the other guy said, try to think of it like this:

Your opponent just grabbed the ledge, you should be thinking "When I do X, my oponent seems to do Y. So next time, Ill pretend to do X, when really Ill counter his Y with a W"

So when your opponent is on the ledge, start mashing your jabs (assuming your character has repeatable jabs). Often the enemy will try to roll behind you. If you can condition him to either roll or jump up whenever you start jabbing at the ledge, you can reliably predict and punish accordingly. The same concept applies to other situations even when not on the ledge.

"When I play pacman and throw down my hydrant, the enemy sheik tends to bouncing fish immediately over it and kick me in the head, so next time ill expect the bouncing fish and do something else accordingly"

Thats my thought process, anyways. Purposely and consciously try to analyze how your opponent reacts to different stimuli, especially on the ledge, since their options are limited there.

melee is life

Any melee majors this weekend?

It's a dead, who cares about that outdated game?

Explain how Melee is in any way a better competitive game than a traditional fighting game?

Melee Tech is really complex and gives you lots of posibilities and the combo system makes you think very creatively.

But that really is the Icying of the cake, something I see that he does best more than any othe Fighting game, is how the game is make you to get good at the game.

In any other fighting game a casual can win again against another casual, heck even against a player that knows the game by button mashing.

Button Mash on street fighter, and you'll eventually get a Hadoken, or a Shoryuken, and since you can do that same attack by pressing buttons you keep mashin cause it's working.

In Smash if you button mash you can pull out lots of cool shit, but that cool shit you can do by just pressing buttons and figuring out, not complicated motions, if you Button Mash and get Up Bs you'll get airborn and vulnerable, pushing you away off the stage, try to button mash out of the stage, and you will die.

This little thing might seem like just a game design thing, but that's big in a competitive scene, it will teach you that the game can be more enjoyable if you digest and figure out stuff in the game, that will make you better... that's why the Smash competitive Scene is so strong specially Melee, people just get interested by the game's mechanics and pull out cool stuff, the seed is planted by the game... instead of other fighting games, that is more common that the seed is planted by seeing other competitive player play the game, and also teach you how to play the game properly.

>Marth wall jump

Would anyone be against Mimikyu being added for Smash Switch?

ITT unpopular opinions

Little Mac has extremely high potential and is completely underated and misrepresented.

ITT Buff your main

Jigglypuffs biggest weakeness is that her moves are not safe on hit. The most immediately buffs that need to be made to Jigglypuff is to make F-air safe on hit.

All moves are safe on hit especially f-air

D-air fast falls her then spikes like Greninjas but back up for a f-air follow up or they can tech in place and get hit by a second d-air. Not the same as Kirby's d-air though.

U-air is faster with less end lag and can chain/combo better

F-air can be angled like Little Mac's F-smash

Up angled F-air puts them above for a f-air/u-air/n-air follow up

Normal F-air is slightly faster has better kill power but doesn't combo as easy

Down angled F-air forces the opponent down like a tech chase where she can d-air down and follow up

Rollout has a weaker instant version that is not really safe on block but is amazing for tech chasing

Side B and hold forward and you travel further

D-throw puts opponent in a 50/50 mix up nothing guaranteed unless bad DI

Jab true combos into tilts and grab at mid percents

D-tilt combos

Other miscellaneous things I'd like to give Puff that most wouldn't understand unless they co-mained Mac too.

Jigglypuff is given a moderate ground speed in both running and walking

Jigglypuff is given long perfect pivot for ground spacing

Jigglypuff is given a smooth responsive dash animation like Mac, Marth and Falcon.

Redesigning Rest

Rest works like Little Mac's KO punch now!

Most of the time it is a move that restores a slight amount of damage like Wii Fit trainers down B.

Puff will have a rest meter that works the same way as Mac's KO punch and once it's full she gets a one shot rest that kills earlier and has a larger hit box that can be used on both ground and air. But if she misses she is heavily open and she loses it if she gets hit within a 6 second window as well.

Jigglypuff will still have weaknesses such as non true throw combos, difficult spacing and getting killed early but she won't be useless.

Jigglypuff won EVO, she's fine.

fuck off pame

What do you love most about the general?

tumblr nose REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Joakin thank you for all those matches, but my hands hurt

I do not see the point of reposting the same images and shitty Smash 4 webms. There isn't enough interest in Smash on Veeky Forums to warrant a general here.

Would it be a Pikachu clone?
I hope not

Wouldn't care either way, Smash 4 sucks. I'm not buying a port of it.

For glory tier list anyone?
Let's make fun of shitties

The silence

“If someone’s using a tactic that’s giving you trouble, just adopt their tactic, and win.” Of course-sakurai

great game sakurai.

Falcon could have airdodged through every single upair and punished with whatever he felt like

It's literally unavoidable

Why does everyone view Little Mac as an ADHD rushdown reckless scrub magnet character?

It really hurts to see idiots horribly misuse him.

3DS DUBS?

fuck outta here fag

Lets play DUBS

Sure, add me

How dead it is

it's because that's what he is

his hype factor in tournaments is a meme.

Does Falafel ever come here anymore?

No, why would he?