50cc scooters

So guys, ausfag here, and I want to buy a brand new 50cc scooter for fuel economy and the lack of a requirement for a moto licence. I would prefer a 2-stroke for the extra power and easy repairs, and I'm wondering if any of you know which scooter produces the most power. I won't be installing a big bore kit or anything, I want to keep it legal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gV47Jv1hfy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Been thinking of doing the same as you OP.
Maybe buy a cheap 300 dollar scooter and tinker with it and only use it for food runs.

I could paint it white and slap fast food decals all over the body

I had a chinese 4 stoke 50cc scooter a few years back, got the limiter removed and it had ok speeds, did 8000km on it, most reliable vehicle i have owned

Dont buy an expensive one, odds are you'll get bored and buy a motorcycle and 50cc have no resale value

How fast did it actually go, how good was the acceleration and how did it handle going up hills?

> and the lack of a requirement for a moto licence

[Citation needed]

Do your own research faggio.

Queensland car licence holders can ride any "moped" under 50ccs.

65km top speed on the flat, small hill it did fine would drop to around 45km, if you mean like new zealand mountains and shit like 20-30km at best going up. Downhill however i span the speedo around.

Adly GTAs are probably the best china moped.
if you want to spend more get a Yamaha or Piaggio they are by far the fastest stock mopeds.
a big bore kit will greatly increase your acceleration but not so much top end.
Also dont bother getting a 4 stroke 50cc theyre gutless with such a small engine, a properly tuned 2 stroke will chop it.

Yamaha jog cv50
Best 50cc scooter you can get full stop. Get an exhaust and do normal derestriction mods and you'll do 80kph, I could hit 70kph and I'm 116kg. Would cost under $1000 for everything all up including scoot.

How about moped suggestions?

Minarelli engines:
Yamaha aerox, jog, neos
Malaguti f12, f15
Mina vertical:
BWS/Booster
Piaggio engines:
Aprilia Sr 50
Piaggio sfera, zip
Gilera runner, stalker

Any of these will be fine. Don't buy a Chinese minarelli copy those are garbage.

Pic related looks like a scoot you should get

Screw the scooter, I want that helmet.

Psch my old Taiwanese PGO PMX minareli clone would smoke any of that bullshit you listed and I put thousands of miles on it without issue. Still sold it for more than I paid too.

>scooter
>I won't be installing a big bore kit or anything, I want to keep it legal
Stop being such a homo

>fuel economy
kek

Old German 2 Zylinder Mokicks like Sachs, Hercules, Zündapp, Simson or Kreidler

Desu.

PV or Manki is the best option.

i had a Sachs MadAss 50cc it was pretty cool. full metal frame, very light, manual gearbox.

My Aprilia Sportcity does 70kmh without the limiter. I wouldnt recommend removing it though, a lot of 50cc engines break when you drive them without the limiter for too long. Sportcity is awesome though. 10000 kilometers on it and the only thing that broke was the alternator at 9k. The bigger wheels are nice as well.

>not just getting a 150/250 cc and saying it's a 50cc

How do you guys feels about the Honda Ruckus?

Theres a few for sale near me for under 2k

The local paper has a section for "tidbit sized" crime news. Usually each tidbit has some sort of smart-aleck title. In this case, it was titled "Homeless Get Green". A family wanted to be green so they bought two scooters for their kids. The kids promptly rode them to the local convenience store. As the kids were getting stuff inside, some homeless gathered outside the store to wait for the kids coming out. The homeless then took the keys from the kids and rode off with the scooters. The homeless were never caught and the scooters were never recovered.

You gotta do the swap yourself. Big bore kits and bigger pistons are cheap as fuck. I would love to bump my Zuma up to 70cc and get an exhaust if needed. It already cruises close to 45mph, I bet I could get to 60mph if the trans would allow it.

>I bet I could get to 60mph if the trans would allow it.
Get a gear up kit for the output gears.

I imagine it's probably just a sprocket set. I could probably do it now and hit 50mph but I wouldn't want to fuck with it on hills because retarded CVT would probably make it bog down when I'm going over the drawbridge.

Get a Simson S51

pro:
>2-stroke
>relieable
>rapairable
>upt to 1,8l/100km or 130 mpg possible
>fast 60-70 km/h stock, far over 100km/h possible
>giant aftermarket
>cheap aftermarket (new cylinder 35€)
>great resale value
>doesn´t look gay

cons:
>old
>need to mix the oil manualy

>I imagine it's probably just a sprocket set.
No the final drive (the gear set past the cvt) is a set of 3 gears that reduce the ratio from the transmission to the wheel to about 10/1. In a way this is good because you get more torque and less stress on the engine. So if you're planning on upgrading that you should get a big bore kit first.

Video related is what the final drive looks like.
youtube.com/watch?v=gV47Jv1hfy0

>[Citation needed]
It varies from state to state. You got to look it up for YOUR own area.

>the lack of a requirement for a moto licence.

Because scooters are so small, do they even show up on car sensors? With cars having collision warning systems, if scooters don't show up, then the future of automated cars will mean scooters become even more unsafe to use even in a parking lot.

How do you stop them from being stolen? There's no point in getting one if it's guaranteed to be stolen in under a year.