2018 Toyota Camry TRD

caranddriver.com/news/2018-toyota-camry-trd-spied-future-cars

>"Toyota’s own Bill Fay said last year that TRD would expand its offerings beyond off-road-oriented pickups and SUVs and that the performance push would start with the Camry in the near future."

What do you think Veeky Forums? Possible affordable AND fun shitbox from Toyota for once? Maybe superchared V6 or tuned 2.0t?

Ita gonna have "stiff geometry" and a factory spoiler, $30K, fwd, inline 4 with a 5800 redline

Just read the article, I was pretty on point lol

Could be interesting if it's manual. I think the current Camry is auto only?

>TRD: going from supercharges and ecu tunes to 4 exhaust tips and stickers

Didn't australia get a dealer installed TRD supercharger kit for the camry a couple of generations back? Good for 300+HP?

>camry
>basically the size of an suv
LEL

Aurion, but it's basically the same thing.

i mean they did say it could get the high-output version of the 3.5 L V6 which is in the highlander and makes around 295 horsepower. A TRD edition could push above 300.

idk, maybe i'm being too optimistic and just want to have fun Toyota back....

They already have this car.

It's the Toyota Chaser.

Why does Cuckoyta feel the need to keep inventing the wheel, but more shitty?

Because Lexus exist and Toyota is just their excuse for offloading all the shite old platforms

Instead of sorting out the """"driving experience"""" they just stuck a bodykit and a riced out engine. How is this different from the Corolla S? If anything, this is just gonna amplify the impression of the "I don't know shit about cars so I bought a ''''sporty'''' Toyota econobox".

>FWD

Toyota discarded. I wish Mazda would make another Speed6 just to cuck all the lazy manufacturers into getting their asses into gear

If it comes in manuél, fuckin' nice. If it's yet another auto only fwd shitbox, literally nobody is going to care.

Still never going to buy one either way, since much, much better cars exist in the same price range that aren't toyota camrys.

>Mazda getting uppity and thinking they're too good to make Speed3 and Speed6s
Mazda pls, I love you but you need to stop kidding/cucking yourself.

its supposed to get upgraded suspension, tires, and engine so that is a hell of a lot more than the "S" package on the corolla, which just adds wheels and exterior shit

kudos for making the windows that big

Will probably have a 2.0l turbo 4.

Everybody
Else

They're just following in the footsteps of the xsp camry. Sporty looks with the gutless engine and the v6 isn't even optional.

>TRD camry
>not just bring in the rwd camry
Fuck Toyota.

Is this to challenge the Fusion 3.5 V6 with AWD?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Doubt it

C&D thinks so, but I don't see how they're going to get near the specs. Then again, the Fusion is supposedly pretty piggu fattu so maybe.

i hope they kill off the fake c pillar window

The important question is though, how big is the grille gonna be and how angry is it going to look?

Uh-oh, it's angry!

Even Toyota camouflages their new cars? Literally nobody cares. Lets please keep that practice to cars that actually matter.

Ironically the only camo'd car I've seen IRL was a Prius. I think it might have been the Prius Prime.

Its a good idea though.

While Id love to see new Toyota badged LS400s and Soarers stateside there's literally no reason to do that.