>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official News & Known Issues
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.1 Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current Windows, all maps, all modes.
(MEGA link provided by user) - mega.nz/#!P99z0CbQ!sF-1sVRgBKNkbEVL8NrnuLtpP3oK1aJHNzX65FpyfeA
(From site) - legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

Friendly mission successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1?s=8dbe32c2e00d780a8fb58c74e7d120a5
youtube.com/watch?v=wCZSrHc2W2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Diss nigga knows his shit

>do 7 kills

Is this even grammatically correct

>Supernova kills don't count toward the challenge

Blackbeard should either be Phalanx or Turtle

Valkeyie should be called Hollywood or Amazon

Retoast
>tfw had to buy Valk just to get the turkey charm
Welp, there goes my plans on buying Twitch's desert uniform.
At least I still have enough for Echo.

Yarr harr ye be spinning yarns lad, but can ye be certain ol blackbeard isn't sportin the queen anne's revenge?

Why the fuck would he be called Turtle?

reposting from earlier thread

Just to finish the line of thought from the other thread.

This is the pirate gun. This is the thing Blackbeard ISNT using.

Pretty aure they are saving the m79/under barrel grenade launcher operator for year 2

I hate the fact that you can view your casual stats online and I'll just be insecure with my KDR.
Yes, I'm that insecure.

>Be Ubisoft
>Name an operator "Blackbeard"
>You know, like the pirate
>Make him a Navy Seal
>Navy Seals have this thing they call the pirate gun
>"I have a great idea!"
>"Let's put plexiglass on his gun and that is his special ability!"

Do people actually look at my KDR? That might explain all the laughter.

smoke or thatch?

this wasn't worth reposting

I'm just upset and bored, family.

5.1 official patch date when?

>50% sale
d-do I buy it?

STOP RAPING MY FAVORITE GAME WITH ARBITRARY UNASKED-FOR ART CHANGES

No, this game is a buggy mess, I cant even play it, it doesnt let me shoot or reload randomly

Yes

buy it now, play it when shit gets fixed.

>Be Ubisoft
>Name an Operator "IQ"
>You know, because technology and smarts
>Make the character a woman
>Woman aren't smart

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1?s=8dbe32c2e00d780a8fb58c74e7d120a5

Yesterday?

>saying women aren't smart
>doesn't know plural for "woman"
What are you a woman?

>votekick still exists
>nobody ever votekicks people for legitimate things like afking, taking 20 years to load, killing the hostage or being an annoying shit
>people get votekicked for having an elite skin, picking an operator someone else wanted, telling someone to not cry after calling someone a "no skill faggot nigger" because they tried to peek with a 1speed, having a name someone doesn't like, telling someone not to mark on your valk cams

>Be Ubisoft
>Name an Operator "Thatcher"
>You know, because British SAS, Margaret Thatcher, Iranian Embassy Siege
>Make the character a man
>He codenamed himself after Margaret Thatcher, making him a literal fanboy man-child

>Hey you must be the new BOPE operators
>Whats your name
>Capitao
>I know your rank Captain Souza do you have a callsign of sorts?
>CAPITAO
>oh okay then I guess ill just tell the others to call you Capitao
>What about you colleague what do they call her?
>CAVERIA
>I know a bit of Portuguese and im pretty sure that means skull
>Yes I know that
>Where the fuck does 6 find these people

> woman aren't smart
> woman aren't

if anyone's not smart here user it's probably you

>codenamed himself

user..

I am sorry not speak good english

I still am baffled how Capitão's name is not Caveira. If someone in BOPE gets codename Caveira that means that guy/girl is the fucking shit and probably the MVP of the whole battalion.

Yet Caveira is a petty thief turned snitch for BOPE. I think she's technically not even a police officer to begin with.

>Hey you must be the new SAS recruit, what's your callsign?
>Smoke
>Oh cool, so what do you do Smoke?
>Toxic babes.
>Oh, I see. Uhm...what kind of toxic are we talking about?
[He throws one at a distance and detonates it, a cloud of orange gas puffs out]
>I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
>Ah...hahaha? But really I'm asking because we're fighting against some terrorists that have access to chemical weapons that sort of look like that. Where did you get it?
>I'm only muckin' about, relax.
[awkward silence]
>As for what's in the canister...
>SMOKE, GET YER SORRY ARSE IN THE CAR, WE'RE GRABBIN A PINT
>It's best you don't ask.
[he walks away backwards in an intimidating manner, still facing you]
>Where the fuck does HQ even grab these psychos

10/10

Glaz ksvk when

and you know this how?

>Hey you must be the new Spetsnaz recruit, what's your callsign?
>Fuze
>oh cool, so what do you do Fuze
[Fuze pulls out a charge and places it on a wall]
>huh? What does that thing do?
[Fuze still staring silently]
>hey, that thing doesn't look very useful
[He detonates it, kills 9 recruits in a class learning about communication procedures]
>JESUS CHRIST MAN YOU JUST KILLED LIKE 10 PEOPLE!
>I'm calling the MPs
[Fuze squats down with Kapkan, Tachanka, and Glaz]
[They all light cigerattes and begin conversing in rapid Russian]

lol

Because BOPE's motiff are skulls. So much so that they treat "the skull" almost like a religious thing with a surprisingly superstitious angle to it.

It's like someone with the codename Fox in Foxhound

Why shouldnt I only play 3 speed operators with ACOGs

NOW YOU EARNED THE TITLE OF FOX

youtube.com/watch?v=wCZSrHc2W2E

I've never used shotguns before, what should I put on them? Besides the christmas skin obviously. Is it ok to hipfire them? I guess aiming goes more towards the center than the head with em too, right?

i meant give some sort of source

Because then you couldn't play Buck, and Buck is love, Buck is life.

Reflex Sight, Vertical Grip if available, Laser Sight. Yes, laser sight. I'm not memeing you, learn how to hide the laser pointer when flanking or holding an angle, and hipfire that shit. Only ADS if they're relatively far away

also, hi Urzorn welcome back, I remember you

Hipfiring is fine but ADSing does tighten the pellet spread somewhat, as do laser sights. If you put a laser on it then crosshair placement is important, you don't want the enemy to see your laser.

Aim towards center mass, headshots no longer do bonus damage so you just want to hit them with as many pellets as possible.

He looks like someone else just landed on Free Barking.

Do you think the spetznaz are intentionally bad so they can hang out when noone picks them?

word of warning - the Super90 and the M1014 got nerfed to the ground.

All of the other ones are good.

some guy on my team just called me cringy and said I use cod kiddie tactics for getting a multikill with a nitro cell

was he right?
should I have just let the other team win?

much love
thanks.

Buck sucks

Anyone who uses COD as an insult is a shitter who thinks hes a cool gaymer

I'm convinced the original devs have moved on and that interns manage this game now.

I lose too often to my team's stupidity to give a crap about underhanded tactics. If you can manage to kill two players with an explosion, bless you and your family.

This kind of goes in line with what I was saying the other thread.

I will always reel against the term "tryhard" or CoD-related remarks that are meant to be taken as insults.

I don't get what's so bad about trying hard. Is winning bad? Is it preferable that you try, but not so hard? What is the correct level of trying so that it's not tryharding? When is it okay to say "heh I wasn't even trying" as a justification for losing, and not look like a complete tool? Whenever someone calls me a tryhard or a CoD kiddie I just reply with "WINNING IS BAD GUYS, MKAY?"

And then some user said if I spawnpeeked level 10's then I'm a tryhard, to which I replied that I haven't had the chance to play with such low levels since I was a low level at release - but entertaining the scenario, what is the line when it would be acceptable? When they are level 20? 30? 40? 50? When is it no longer dishonorable, and actually fair game? I think it's all extremely arbitrary. Would it have been less tryhard of me to just ace them at the last second from behind? Less tryhard to pick them off with headshots one by one when they're inside? Would I need to, to make SURE I wasn't trying hard, to just go and knife everyone? Or maybe not even that, because I'm trying to kill them and win after all, therefore try harding.

I legit have had people rage at me for all manner of things and the most common insults by far are "tryhard" or "go back to CoD". The latter specially when I'm roaming around or suddenly dropshot someone because they're dumb and can't adjust.

I managed to kill 3 of them once.
fun time
we still lost

Little problem: I don't hear the announcer voice any more. No "one enemy remaining" no "protect the bla" any idea what could have caused that? I'm kinda afraid of missing audio in this game.

Sup /r6g/, just bought this game since it's on sale. I played briefly on PS4 right around January, not touched it since. What do?

Play?
Read the OP guide?

>play the game
What the fuck. Bye /r6g/.
No, but I am reading through the OP right now.

Check your audio settings for some Dialogue Volume dial, maybe? Also turn on Subtitles

You're clearly the very definition of a tryhard seeing as you can't even understand the concept.

You're like the faggot that pushes a new player into a vortex using an ambiguous set up in fighting games that even pros have difficulty getting out of.

>It's another 'operator's name must be related to his gadget's ability' episode

COUNTERS FOR ECHO

>staying still reduces the overall "get fucked" effect of his drone - it is way easier to shoot a target if you remain still and try not to move until the effect dies off
>moving will increase the effect, make your screen wobble, and all that fucked up shit
>echo's drone will decloak when it shoots the blast wave momentarily, so you can look up and find it

Where is IQ

>You're like the faggot that pushes a new player into a vortex using an ambiguous set up in fighting games that even pros have difficulty getting out of.

I have no idea what you mean by the analogy, because I don't play fighting games.

I'm obviously taking it to extremes in my post, I wouldn't treat newbies this way if I notice they're new. I'm trying to showcase the limit cases to justify how silly the concept of "tryharding" is. It's the number one go-to excuse for people to blame their death on someone else other than themselves.

>Hear someone rappelling
>Go out a window or door and kill them
>OMG WHAT A TRYHARD

>Know someone is outside the building peeking a window
>Run outside and flank them
>OMG GO BACK TO COD YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE INSIDE, YOU'RE DEFENDING

>Suspect the enemy might be getting complacent and spawn in X risky area
>Spawnpeek or throw C4 and kill them to take advantage of their low guard
>AAAAAH YOU HAVE NO HONOR

Calling someone a "Tryhard" or some manner of CoD related insult just shows you're extremely salty that you got outplayed, and want to bring the other person down for it (unsuccessfully, as I get a laugh out of folks that say that stuff)

In my eyes at least, the only douchebaggy think to do in this game is joining foreign data centers and playing with high ping to get an easier time at winning. And that's because you're abusing the system outside of the game for an advantage.

>have one of these g930 logitech surround sound gamer nonsense headsets
>decide to flip the "lel surround now!" switch on
>it does actually sound more "surround~y"
>it does however kind of distribute the existing sound a bit more around your head (if that makes sense)
>ends up making it impossible for me to pinpoint where a sound is coming from because now it sounds like it's coming from a wider area.
gimmicky shit. might use it for movies though.

Calling someone a CoD baby in R6 is an insult because it was marketed as a tactical shooter. Now the game has changed to run and gun tactics. The most successful tactics in this game is running around like an idiot then shooting anyone you see rather than playing it like a tactical game.

>spawn peeks every round
Even pro players would say you're trying too hard

>Feel bad killing a team of 5 sub level 30 players
>Say 'keep playing guys, it gets easier' at the end
>Respond 'LOL LEVEL 131 YOU'RE GARBAGE'
I was just trying to be nice...

This is probably the first time I've actually seen a post here that borders on autism due to the sheer inability to understand interactions.

If you're facing level 40s and under of course you're not going to do shit that's normal in a platinum ranked match. That's like being an NBA star and going full in on an elementary kid at a local blacktop.

It's easy to tell what kind of scenario you're in based on levels and the first round.

Hell, the fact that you can't even understand what I meant in the statement regarding fighting games shows you lack understanding. It's a simple concept; you were related to a tryhard that uses high tier game tactics on a new player that even pros find hard to deal using fighting games as a basis for that statement.

You're basically being "that guy" nonstop.

>the meta is 3 speed rushes and throwing yourself outside to snipe enemies with a 9mm smg.

This game is essentially CoD at this point.

>End of round
>watching a guy
>he loses
>I go: "You might not want to use lasers on rifles, it gives you away"
>one guy goes "+"
>next guy goes "fucking noob"

why can't people just be nice?

talk to me when you play against Daimond players.
This is the literal meta.
My god.

Nice defense

user, of course the meta would gravitate towards faster pacing in play. Do you expect all matches to be like at level 5, where the defenders just hunkered down with the hostage and stayed still waiting for the attackers to come knocking?

There's clearly a finesse involved even in "run and gun", as running around like an idiot is not going to get you anywhere unless you're playing in low ranks. There's strategy involved and map knowledge to realize which angles are best to play when, which routes to take, snap decision making, etc.

Calling someone a CoD baby in this game reflects you yourself have not yet adapted to the strategies that can be used against you, because you want the equivalent of playing versus the AI in Starcraft instead of playing vs real humans that will use the most efficient tactics to take you down quickly.

Where in my post did I say I spawn peek every round? Also, I play mostly 2 speed operators so I'd be doing a pretty lame job at it.

You haven't seemed to grasp that, again, I was applying a silly limit case to my point. I don't actually go around slam dunking on newbies. I however am saying that the concept of "tryharding" is really stupid, as there's nothing inherently wrong about trying to win.

If we stop this CoD talk for a second, can you guys tell me which Operators I should and Shouldn't use shotties on?

The point is what to do if you are not IQ, cause that drone is straight fucked if you are already IQ and you'll never be in that mess to begin with.

>"cav-ee-era"

Why reflex? I find the giant green arrow annoying and much prefer the tiny dot of the holographic one.

the SAS shotty is extremely hit or miss

Because it's all reflex sights are useful for. They're imprecise, but at least they offer a pretty wide range of view when you're ADSing. And since it's a shotgun, it doesn't matter that you're not getting pixel-perfect accuracy.

don't use shotties on attackers because you have rifles

use shotties on defenders that have good secondaries.

i find the holo optics get washed out whenever you're aiming somewhere bright; suddenly you're just aiming with a giant red circle.

There's a difference between sledge strafe peaking and ash strafe peaking. You obviously aren't literate to this game and have not actually played against high level players. 3 speed operators are the literal highest meta.
Speed is king because of internet connections and hitboxes.

You obviously are not very literate within the knowledge of this game. You are speaking in platitudes.

Dropshotting is cancer and so are three speeds.

Tryharding is literally a concept born out of the idea of sportsmanship. It's not about winning, it's about acting in a manner appropriate to the situation you're in.

No one is impressed if you clutch ace a team of kids under level 20 by spawn peeking with Bandit or Jager.

It's a concept most people can understand and the only people that don't are the ones that are always tryhards.

You seem to lack the ability to understand that it isn't "trying hard" it's "trying too hard."

This isn't tournament play where it's more respectful to give it your all against your peers. Half the time it's just casuals. Those are the times you do silly stuff just for fun.

What did he mean by this?

> not using siege version

to be honest, that's all you need on a shotgun.

Most I've played against don't rush like morons outside to get domed from multiple possible angles.

why is it the guy who's second to last always talks the most shit?

>Frost,IQ,Ash,Hibana with a mask
>ugly

Actually, this is not the meta when you are actually good at the game.
The meta is only 3 speed running outside if you're playing in casual and the enemy team is absolute garbage randos.

>roam around as Pulse
>get back towards objective
>castle castle'd me out
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. Whenever you pick castle the announcer should say: "REMEMBER NOT TO CASTLE OF DOORWAYS AS IT IS MORE LIKELY TO CUT YOUR TEAM OFF AND GIVE THE ENEMY A BETTER ANGLE OF ATTACK"

There's a pretty clear distinction between tryharding and being good at the game in general. The fact that you try to claim that there's no such thing is pretty telling of your personality and playstyle. In ranked, everything is fair game - even if it is stupidly cheesy - but you if you do the same shit on lower level players in casual then you're just being a "nobody can have fun except for me" type faggot.

Winning isn't everything. Learn to have fun and take it easy.

Smoke's kit is his shotgun+smg, Caviar's shotgun is somewhat viable, and that's about it.