EVE Online General /eog/

Overheat Your Painters Edition.

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free sp, beg for it here if you have to.
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Now:
>ASCENSION DEPLOYED updates.eveonline.com/date/2016-11-15/
>EVE IS NOW F2P GOY
>Rewards, Gnosis, Goggles and a new destroyer, don't forget to redeem it.

Future:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, visual updates AND also free stuff, plus a new ship

Past:
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Stratios
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw ur fleet cane has 20k ehp more than ur normal cane

how make money?

>corax is asymmetrical
REEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

become a jita whore

>shit nobody uses looks like shit

>corax
>shit

What other way is there to make afk money other than distribution missions and mining in a hauler?

ratting, plexing in FW

Welcome to memematar.

Industry/Invention and Planetary Interaction are both passive income.
That's not quite AFK, you don't even have to be online, but it's pretty similar.
Another fine choice is hauling low value crap through highsec on autopilot.

Watched Clear Skies after seeing it mentioned in the last thread. They may as well have just had "Directed by Joss Whedon" in the credits with how much of a Firefly rip-off it was.

oneiros

I'm going to find a low sec system to home base it up a bit away from my trading hub.

Any tips for Low Sec I should know of?

pve talwar fit? im finding ones that use shields

Prepare to run away.
Not just mindset, actually take steps to prepare to runaway.

Boommark several arbitrary points in space in each system you frequent.
Have AT LEAST one instant undocks for each station you plan on using.
Don't warp to 0km unless you know what (and who) will be on grid there.
If you're idling at any point (ratting, or whatever) align to a getaway point.
You're certainly not in w-space, but D-Scan as frequently as if you were.
Speaking of not being in w-space, pay attention to who's in local chat.
And, of course, fit your ships for PvP.

tfw insta undocks are for fags

Sounds good, I want to mostly do manufacturing/PI and I'm 20 days away from training for a Bustard.

t. Wormholer

Have you considered doing that in w-space?

first

Haven't, w-space seems scary. Is it a lot more beneficial for PI?

PI in WH is difficult due to logistics.

Planets in wormholes have the best resources, but you still need to sell them, which means finding a wormhole and hauling them to hi-sec.

Wormholes have the advantage of being able to put down your own POCOs which is nice too.

Doing Industry in w-space is a stupid idea for only the most total of ballers.
That said, Industry *is* most profitable out of Player Owned Structures.
And w-space *is* the easiest place for a solo player to own a POS.
Still a fucking awful idea though.

The planets are SIGNIFICANTLY nicer in w-space than in nullsec.
PI is also like, the safest thing you could possibly do in w-space.
All classes have equally good planets, so stick to the (extra safe) C1/C2 wormholes.

What are the safest bets to produce? I'm trying to put together my first spreadsheet and having a hard time what angle to attack this at

>PI in WH is difficult due to logistics
Refinding the wormholes constantly is tedious, but it's not a long or difficult process.
Consult a list of statics when you initially select your planets/systems.

Are there any ships that can effectively solo pirate into and out of w-space?

I did this with a proteus years ago that jumped into deep null sec with wormholes and fuck up faction ships busy ratting then jumping back out through the wormhole network.

Not sure if any balance changes have effected this though.

>which means finding a wormhole and hauling them to hi-sec
every c1 has a high sec static

Stratios
Proteus can still do it (but you gotta be careful)
Curse

only 70% of C1's have a hi-sec static
25% low-sec
5% null-sec

The fuck is a stratios

>What are the safest bets to produce?
At the end of the day, its all about Barren/Temperate peocessor goods.
What specifically to make is largely dependant on what's available.
All your planets should be in one system, so it's convienet to work with what you have.

but anyway that's not the point, we are assuming that you are living in a C1 with a hi-sec static.

the act of hauling to a trade hub in k-space is risky, unless you contract it from your k-connection, which might be reasonable

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Stratios

A covert ops drone cruiser that can fit several medium neuts and get solid dps

also I highly recommend C1 wormholes because of the mass limits.

C1 can only allow 20t mass ships (cruisers/battlecruisers, no battleships/capitals)
C2 onwards can allow battleships through
C5 onwards allow capitals through

Is there any other solo fit for sleip than 2xlasb?

non ancillary
but it dies to neuts

>5 days with no response from CCP

W e w

>crossposting dead threads

>CODE tears

the most delicious tears on earth

Is Negative Ten a decent pirate alliance? Was looking to get into some lowsec shenanigans

Hauling missions or hauling contracts?

Aren't most of those just scams anyway?

Redpill me on current corporation politics.

How do I do good minimalist P2

Putting stabs on industrial ship, good idea or just focus on align speed, idk what to put on the low slots?

Max out planetary CPU skill.

There are dozens of guides for P0>P2 production, theres only like a few setups worth doing.

Your command centre doesn't need to be connected.

Stabs, extra tank, or extra cargo.
Really depends on what you need.

There are so many skills to max out in this game

>7 mins
ok cool
>18 days
ok

there are only 2 PI skills worth maxing, the CPU and the max planets one. the other two are just for surveying and kind of useless

What is the real life equivalent of nullsec?

Detroit

The Walled City of Kowloon

I used to dick around with TEST, I got up to a shitty Drake. now that the games free for alpha clones I'd like to do some low level shit throwing. Any suggestions? Any corps designed for wasting other pilots time?

That looks scary as shit

Is caracal just a new meme or is it good enough for low sec sites

Patch notes for EVE Online: Ascension 1.7
Released on Thursday, November 24, 2016

Defect Fixes
Gameplay:

Reconfigured citadels which failed to online engineering service modules correctly. This also fixes a problem with loading the facility tab, when such a citadel should have been listed. Affected service modules might need to be installed again.
New Eden has been made a better place by fixing potential exploits.
Graphics:

Fixed visibility of the market graph after tweaking display options.
Fixed a crash that occurred when exiting the Captains Quarters.
Technical:

Fixed a bug which resulted in reduced server performance due to generation of too many logs.
User Interface:

Fixed an issue where station services would not load properly when a client was launched with a stacked character sheet.
Fixed some missing notification setting strings.
Industry window: Entries in the "Blueprints and Jobs" tab, which are located in structures, are now showing the proper facility sub-menu and allow setting the destination to the structure.
Fixed an issue where items with fulfilled requirements, but missing pre-requirements, would display the "Add to Queue" button in their tooltip.
Tweaked the appearance of ship group bonus skills in the ship tree when you've trained the required skills for that group.
Added proper validation messages when attempting to extract over-trained skills with a skill extractor.

TEST still exists.

this is keres-chan

say something nice to her

Your e-war bonus is good keres chan.

t-thank you user-senpai!

Just got my first rifter guys
Should i buy shield or armor modules from the market? And where do i go to shoot stuff? Is it true that minmatar is garbage and i should quit this game?

if you are an alpha, minmatar is 3rd best after caldari and gallente

answer to every generic question about fitting is it depends
warp to asteroid belts if you want to shoot some rats
go to lowsec if you want to get blown up by other players

Do you keep a library of fits, or do you throw something together every time?

If you do have a library, how do you maintain it? Did you make them?

Pls post fits

I only have one fit and I keep it both in Pyfa and in-game

>tfw the mini skill extractor is probably patched today

I spent so much time in EFT that I can tell you roughly what a fit should be for any x y or z activity with pretty much any standard subcaps. I guess what I'm saying is I fit in my head and check real quick with EFT or simulation to find out if I need a CPU implant.

>Pls post fits

*injector

Wow,
Thanks for this

>$59.99 for CCPs shitty VR space sim
Are they serious? What the holy fucking hell

all the games were overpriced last few years

would buy if it wernt vr and 30 bux

ccp pls
vr only was a mistake

I haven't been in nullsec (or any half decent corp) since before they added dreads. Last time I kinda knew what I was doing everyone still flew battleships fleets, having 200 dudes with large t2 gun skills meant you were elite and there was no such thing as anchors or doctrines.

Is putting an alt in Karmafleet the best choice if I just want to learn how all that nullsec stuff works now? Is their wiki as great as it sounds? I'm mostly curious about capitals and how not to welp them.

what is rats

hahaha

Its absolutely mad, even SC/ED/Any older space game has more content and its cheaper. What the fuck CCP you've been smoking the Injectors a little too much.

pirates, enemy npc ships

Almost done with this dumbass sisters of Eve bullshit epic.

What's a good way to make ISK solo?
Can't I just mine in an Orca and kewl?

Unless you're using a rorq or multiboxing a bunch of mining alts, mining is not worth your time.

>Can't I just mine in an Orca and kewl?
No, you literally cant. Not unless you consider wasting your time worth it.

Even TEST rejected my main. My options are basically shitty renter alliances or Providence.

Ok, what is a good alternative?

Ok, what is a God alternative?

I'm just gonna do it because all you guy say is its bad. Everything is bad. Exploration, mining, rating, all bad.

If you want to fly an orca I assume you have an omega clone? If so, incursions will get you the most isk/hr for the least effort.

You sound like a shitter so you'll fit right in.

Can I use pic related in conjunction with the refer-a-friend thingy for super cheap play time? Pic related is from GMG

Incursions it is.

No you can't have both.

Is it just me or does CCP seem to be retarded when trying to make EVE spinoffs and making them for niche markets that just don't fucking exist. DUST was a fun game and the mechanics where there but they made it a console exclusive. Now they make this and it has to be VR only. Whats next after this crashes and burns in a year because "it would be more work to re do all the code than to just make a new game"?
>Another ground infantry game but joystick only
>A multi crew module for ships that will totally be implemented inside EVE, until it only shares a chat box :^)
>An interactive visual novel but for the visually impaired so it can only plays at 150% volume and makes very loud BEEPs every time the scene changes

I think its a contract thing

dust was contract

Is a caracal enough for a low sec wormhole?

>EVE TV show on Syfy based on leftover Caprica scripts

CCP lucked out with Eve.

They are simply incompetent and show time and time again that they don't understand their own game or their playerbase.

>filmed entirely in Irish

for obviously

>enough
This can mean many things
Judging by your lack of details I'm going to say no

>Is it just me or does CCP seem to be retarded when trying to make EVE spinoffs
CCP only has 1 game, which survives entirely because of a very small dedicated whale audience

They have absolutely no experience making real video games (i.e. not MMOs), which is why they keep flopping horribly. They are so stuck in their old ways they have no idea how to actually make a game that appeals to lots of people.

Kinda of reminds me of those chefs in kitchen nightmares who think their cooking is 10/10 amazing while everyone keeps telling them they are stuck in the past and their food is awful.

>CCP lucked out with Eve.
More like lucked out and keep lucking out.

You would think someone by now would have made their own eve game and blown eve the fuck out by not being stuck in the past.

>no foreman boosts