/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Hypogean Gaol >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bh5LfkEjqcg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

REMINDER TO PURGE FILTH

Laurence did nothing wrong

Rate my Orphan of Kos fight please

youtu.be/Bh5LfkEjqcg

6/10. Failed the class. Try again next semester.

>unbeknownst to him, 6/10 is actually a passing grade in most of north america, somethings even going as low as 5/10

What? No. 6/10 is 60 which is failing. I don't know what school you went to in America but you're wrong. Did you go to school in dominantly black inner cities?

Lmaooo high school pleb. 4/10 is even passing in some subjects in my university.

this guy knows what's up

and for the record, 60 would be >= to pass in most classes across all grades. University will ponderate even lower depending on the class

Daily reminder: 90% of loranon's lore theories are commonly accepted by the bloodborne community because of their inherent merit and value. Everybody with a brain in their skull came to the same conclusions, independently.

Who is loreanon

where would said lore theories be available to read

it's loranon. loran+user

It's an oldfag thing.

I've been here since about 6 weeks before DLC launched (which was a year ago today) and I've heard so many people complain about this guy, but I never remember seeing anything he actually said, or why people loath him.

Who was he, what did he do, and why is he a meme?

Anyone want to go dungeon diving?

I'm in Lower Hintertomb, please respond

While you're at it tell them not to reply to Luci. Might as well have this post early

I could just list them because it's hopelessly transparent and I should just admit to who I am.

>Cainhurst is the remainder of the Pthumeru
>Logarius is probably Pthumerian
>Mergo is the Child of Blood
>Messengers are ascended Pthumerians
>Vermin are real and cause beasthood
>Moon Presence is behind the Scourge and Kos or possibly her orphan is behind Blood Addlings
>The first Hunter of Hunters was from the Fishing Hamlet

I was belligerent and rude when presenting my theories and rebutting people's objections or competing theories.

Also, /bbg/ used to be full of illiterate idiots.

OH!

Of course, the one that got me my name!

>Loran is/was just another part of the subterrenean Pthumerian Chalice Dungeon system

anyone up for laurence? pass bbg

fog or lamp?

>Lower Hintertomb
For what reason?

sorry. fog

Completion's sake.

Also because I couldn't make Ailing Loran at the time.

you up for defiled chalice at some moment in a near future? for completion's sake

I'm unlocking all the chalices and Lower Hintertomb is what's on the chopping block.

1. maybe
2. wrong
3. wrong
4. maybe
5. why do you think this?
6. probably

What the hell just happened? I got the visceral noise but he didn't open up and then I died..?

>single word replies
I'm not going to justify myself if you're unwilling to explain yourself.

no clue. ringing again at fog in 20sec

You sure you're ready for this fight?

I'm only level 77 and my health is being downscaled.

hmm you got the visceral again but it didnt seem to do much damage

annalise MAY be of pthumerian blood but we don't know if it's direct heritage or through the blood the scholar from byrgenwerth brought

yharnam was impregnated by oedon, the child of blood is analise's child

I won't extrapolate on "maybe" because It might be true and might not be true

The first hunter of hunter being from the hamlet is likely

i'm level 90 tho, not sure why you,re being downscaled

I only have enough skill to wield my weapon, so 12. My visceral attacks aren't particularly strong.

If you wanna shoot him in the head after I hit him twice with the Accursed Brew you can get the visceral instead, probably do more damage too.

Why does nobody use this weapon in pvp? I want to make a pure skill cosplay build either Gherman or HoH with blades of mercy. Wanted to do the Burial Blade because I never fought against it in pvp. Why is it bad?

seriously why is it downscaling my health to 700

no clue. anyone else care to chime in on why a lvl77 would be downscaled when summoned by a lvl90?

My only guess is because it downscales health regardless of level, but I didn't think that was the case.

Out of curiosity, how much health do you have?

1239 health (26end)

also getting real tired of selecting those stupid storefronts

did you get him this time?

thanks user! got him in the end, by the hair of my fucking balls. no vials or bullets left and less than a quarter health but got the last kick on him!

I never fought him with so little health before so that was a bit of a challenge.

Glad you finally kicked his teeth in though

>select all images with store fronts

ENOUGH

those fucking storefronts...

now all I got left to do before finishing this campaign is fucking defiled amygdala and the queen
gaaaahhh

>annalise MAY be of pthumerian blood
Maria is her direct blood relative and used blood AND fire magic, both of which are pretty much exclusive to Pthumerians. She's also NOT a Vileblood.
>yharnam was impregnated by oedon, the child of blood is analise's child
It's both. Annalise wants to have her OWN Child of Blood because she wants to be a proper successor to Yharnam.
>The first hunter of hunter being from the hamlet is likely
It's confirmed. They practice Sky Burial there.

> Cainhurst is the remainder of Pthumuru

But that my theory! Give it back.

And it's barely even a theory, since so many Cainhurst things are found in chalice dungeons, and the paintings look like slightly more humanised Pthumerian Descendant/Elder.

> Logarious is Pthumerian

Nah, he's not weak to Arcane and he doesn't do fire magic. He's just a super stronk human, probably lots of blood treatments but managed to avoid Beasthood. Similar to Church Giants (and even Doctors and Brick Trolls) being gigantic but they arnt Pthumerian or beasts. Personally I think based on Gilbert's "all kinds of blood" line, that tbe Church has countless strains of old blood and targeted application can achieve somewhat scientific results (EG making people huge).

> Loran was just another part of Labyrinth

This doesn't make sense, it was a land swallowed by the sands. There's no fucking desert near Yharnam, it's lake, forest or mountains depending on which direction you walk. Loran was a Pthumerian city or country or whatever, a substantial distance from Pthumuru Ihyll (the capital of thier civilisation) and also differed in culture, they had Blood based medical procedures and Loran Clerics imply some organised religion.

But Chalice dungeons are impossible to properly analyse in lore terms because unlike the main game we can't take what we see for granted. I highly doubt Pthumuru Ihyll (the fucking capital) looked identical to the shitty Hintertombs. Or that thier entire civilisation was based on formulaic 3 layer dungeons.

Why are the hintertomb bosses all recycled regular enemies?

Can a professional ass starer tell me which set this pair belongs to please ?

Burial Blade is amazing. Last time I participated in /bbg/s fight clubs around this time last year I saw at least a couple of people using them. It's got crazy range, amazing quickstep attacks and you can really mess with people by using the morphing attacks.

I honestly don't even know why Hintertomb is in the game.

> identical to Pthumru except it has the poison status on all dungeons (this can randomly happen to Pthumuru root dungeons), Madmen as the ONLY chest/lever guardian enemy (they appear in other dungeons anyway) and more dark rooms.

The pitiful loot (Uncanny hunters axe and some tier 1 Resistsnce runes) could have been added to Depths 1-3 Pthumuru, and the 3 unique bosses could have stopped annoying repeats in other dungeons.
> Forgotton madman replaces Watchers in Lower Pthumuru
> Cannon Giant replaces Keeper in defiled
> Elder replaces Descebant in Ihyll

The only reason it needs to exist as a different dungeon type is if you want decent triangle gems before Isz.

Ashen Pants (Djura's) and looks like Starting Forigners garb.

But the best fucking ass in the game is Ashen Pants + Bone Ass Armour, the tight leather pants are obvious, but the armour's shape has a little "tail" if you call it that, which points into the butt-crack. Gives it mores definition and shape.

>so this is the power of a pro

Thank you senpai

>NOT a vileblood
>direct blood relative to the VILEBLOOD QUEEN
also still, we don't know what the exact properties of the vileblood that came from byrgenwerth to cainhurst are. In your canon it has no effect because you claim maria's/annelise's special powers are from their ptumerian heritage - I think the vileblood queen became ptumerian because of the blood

also annalise HAD her own child of blood. It was used to beckon MP by Gherman and Laurence

>it's confirmed
explicitly where?
If sky burial alone is the "confirmation" then Hemwick is the origin of the HoH too.
Fishing hamlet has a stronger motif to spawn HoHs but I can't remember an explicit confirmation

Is it possible to kill the Queen with a piercing rifle or bow or something before activating this cutscene?

my pebbles didn't hit her :(

> also annalise HAD her own child of blood. It was used to beckon MP by Gherman and Laurence

???? I have never heard this before. I'm not sure I buy it, because I don't think there's any mention (or even implication) or her previously giving birth to a child of blood. She always speaks about it in future tense, something that will eventually happen.

- I think the vileblood queen became ptumerian because of the blood

That's what I think to, but the Pthumerian ancestors is still very much real. The Cainhurst way is of nostalgia and bombast, they were humans through and through, but could trace heritage back to Pthumuru and used this to legitimise thier nobility. They were hanging onto pride with no actual supernatural abilities. After someone gave them actual Pthunerian shit from the dungeons they could do stuff like become immortal and obtain the inhuman patience required to grind for 4 sets of perfect offshapes for thier 99 BLT build's.

Fucked up my quoting here and forgot a bit of my post.

> so this is the power of a pro

t.femanon who works in advertising and knows how to make boobs/ass look better without actually changing anything. Principles apply to games as well.

What does everyone here think of Paleblood Hunt

That's some top tier useful skill right there, user

wtf is "sky burial"

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial

anyone here might have a pimped out bowblade build lying about that wouldn't mind helping me kill defiled amygdala?

i'm so sick and tired of this fight

That's an awful long shot, m8.

Hehehe

yeah. i'm at the point of making a plebbit account and asking over there

I did that with dark souls 2 and let me tell you it's not worth it.

You can't just post there asking for co-op, especially not with a new account. You need to jump through all the damn hoops and "contribute" to their garbage. They'll think you're a shitter if your post count is low and won't even try to help you.

>You need to jump through all the damn hoops and "contribute" to their garbage. They'll think you're a shitter if your post count is low and won't even try to help you

Not him but damn, that's really shitty

It's good and obviously a lot of effort went into it, it has some good stuff I really found interesting and made some connections I hadn't, but there's also some bits I think have almost no support and border on fan fiction.

Which is fine, and inevitable in your own interpretation of the lore. But a problem arises when you put in so much effort writing a 100+ page document that no one else even bothers doing their own and critical discussion gets replaced with links to The Paleblood Hunt.

Just because it's famous and a product of extreme effort doesn't mean it's somehow better or more accurate than a 3 sentence shitpost, provided you can support it with evidence. Whatshisname put in lots of disclaimers saying "this is only my interpretation" but that doesn't stop people on reddit, /v/ and even bbg using it as a catch-all source of information to give to people asking lore questions.

I admire it, enjoy parts of it and loathe its monopoly on lore discussion that stunted widespread discourse about certain ideas, since any new idea gets filtered through TPBH to be judged on worthiness.

>when your post count is low
>post count
what the fuck

Can't recall where I got that from but I THINK it's not her first child of blood she's longing for and her first child was taken from the executioners and used in the old workshop to summon the hunters dream/MP

I'll dig.

Welcome to Plebbit

That's not true at all. You can't even tell post count without going to someone's profile, and I doubt people do that to every single person.

Don't ask for coop on /r/Bloodborne though, they do get pissy because there's a dedicated Bloodnorne coop reddit to stop the main one getting flooded with coop threads.

Everyone rightfully shits on reddit, but the Bloodnorne community over there is pretty good. Their meta is a hilariously high (and then they do gem less fightclubs to further reduce build variety) but mostly everyone is helpful and there's some interesting lore stuff and a few chalice enthusiasts and maths guys who figured out some stuff and made nice guides.

the amount of bbg crossposters isn't low either, there was a thread with a guy asking advice on a 98 build and said please don't ask me why I'm doing 98, and a whole bunch of bbg people came out of the woodwork. Also Lumpy became common knowledge there a few weeks after here, and I never posted about him on reddit.

I've never heard this anywhere before.

I'll be interested to see if you find anything. But it might just have been a dream.

Ok

Anyone one wan to help me fight amyg in nightmare frontier?
pass:bbg2
(lvl48)

Is Gherman the MP's surrogate child?

Still need help?

yeah just give me a minute to get to the lamp

Is the Good Hunter the Doll's surrogate child?

Alright, ringing from now

fuggggg my b

It happens. Reringing

thanks!

Is the doll into incest?

No worries.

It's not incest if it's not blood related

Given the timey wimey bullshit that occasionally pops up into the game, it's entirely possible that Gehrman is -- in some way, shape, or form -- in fact the Good Hunter from some alternate time-shifted universe. Or you're him. Or something else contrived and stupid.

Now that's just silly, user.

You forget Gehrman is part of Yharnam's history. How and why would the good hunter be a younger version of gherman and from where would he come, much later after the life of Gherman ?

Take it easy with the insight, user. Your frenzy is too high.

Astral Projection.

Gherman and the Moon Presence made baby, and baby is good hunter.

Doll is a mother for all the moon presence babies, that's why she's really there.

She's raising you.

has amellia user uploaded his fucking video yet
i was promised a god damn webm 6 days ago

I think he posted the webm in the previous thread, as for the video I don't know

I don't know about the video but he posted a webm a few threads ago

>(and then they do gem less fightclubs to further reduce build variety
Gemless fight clubs are great because you don't have to deal with being oneshotted or losing because you didn't spend 5 hours autistically grinding gems for 12% extra damage.

I'm about to give up on using the Cane, what a useless weapon.
Anyways what's your favorite piece of Bloodborne fanart, /bbg/?

>Gemless fight clubs are great because you don't have to deal with the fact that you're an undicated shit who don't have any pride nor commitment and prefers to make an hour long duel with a weapon which does no damage rather than destroying some watchers

You can play your 5-15 second duels with gems and I'll play my 3-5 minute duels without gems :)
I bet you through a bitch fit people heal too.

>I bet you through a bitch fit people heal too
Not at all, FCs rules are FCs rules but outside of that I don't give a shit. Enjoy your endless slugfests

>Enjoy your endless slugfests
I will, because I actually enjoy the PvP unlike you who only look to oneshot people.