Post mini trucks!

Post mini trucks!

Hard bodies, Ford couriers, Chevy luv, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4U-nVex8RUo#t=21s
consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/gm_dexcool.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are a few of these in my area. I could deal with FWD if I could find a turboed one

So, Ute thread?

WATCH OUT STUPID, HERE COMES THE SYCLONE!

youtube.com/watch?v=4U-nVex8RUo#t=21s
here are some v8 ute that like to crash allot
they weigh something like 1.8 tonne but don't have much weight on the rear axle

My old Chebby Luv from wayback when.

All of these trucks are too big.

IDM reporting in

I made this on Stuner

coolest toyota truck I have ever seen.

and the engine

Muh dick

My shitbox money pit
Thank the Lord XJ salvage is cheap and plentiful

tubbed transmission tunnel
perimeter frame

last ute I saw like this had air bags

not as cools what's been posted, but here's my truck
I'm the idiot who was having trouble with it yesterday if any of you saw that thread

Is there a reason why they're called mini trucks?
Or is this just another one of those American things that make no sense whatsoever.

they are exceptionally small compared to regular trucks

literally no reason for that truck to be like that
although I do kinda want to lift my little truck just a little bit

Do I qualify?

>literally no reason for that truck to be like that
to meme is to dream, friend. and I agree, but I still like brodozers in a way

what we call trucks are pretty much cars over in America
then again some of the smaller ute and 4x4 are just modified cars

compact or mini trucks usually have a rated weight capacity of less than 1000 (my KA d21 is 800lbs, i think the V6s were 950) and less than 4' between the bed wheel wells, while 1/2 to 3/4 ton capacity trucks are considered "full size" and usually have exactly 4' in between the beds wheel wells to fit drywall or plywood sheets for muh contracting

I kinda like them as well, but I prefer older trucks. New trucks just look like toys to me

>this is how manlets recognize each other in the wild

I agree

Ram 50, my first car

looks like a hard working little guy
I love it
you guys see ETCG's new truck?

7/10 would overland with

It's ironic. I'm really into mini trucks, yet I'm 6 4". The only friend I have with a mall crawler is 5 7".

My 80 courier, planning to drop a 5.0 or turbo 2.3

that would be fucking rad
learned to drive on an 81 but it was the mazda. same thing i suppose. Woulf love to do the same one day

Turbo my AMC 4.0L Y/N

The only thing it needs to roll over is curbs leaving the food court

That all looks like long-travel gear to me, actually. That front axle can probably flirt with 80 degrees of deflection.

breakover angle tho

Genuinely curious; are these trucks ever used for offroading, or are they just showpieces?

People generally buy stuff that would endow them with actual capabilities but they are generally an expression of wealth and personal taste. In rural areas, a truck like that says "I am the big-shit boss man and even if you're new today and don't know me yet you know the boss is here when this rolls up."

90% of the time, no. look at the tires of a real offroad truck and it will make sense.

more actual offroad vehicle

Let's be reasonable though, those trucks spend the most time on pavement even when they are taken offroad sometimes, and they know this, so they opt for big but otherwise road-oriented tires. Proper offroad mud or rock tires would ride like fucking hell on the highway. It is their daily, after all. That XJ probably doesn't see that many road miles.

what about cheep portal axle ?
some should show up second hand soon due to lack of ied resistance

that's what I am saying. big knobbies wear super quick. it was also the tripfag Bromaros DD.

Thats what I was wondering about - dont see any of them here, but I thought that it would maybe have to do with different types of offroading. Seems that americans are much more into mudding than we are, while here in Norway we do mostly more snow, forests, mires and that stuff, with no car being specifically set up for anything

>portal axle
>cheap

they are meant for going on the highway and rolling coal for no good reason. It is the same appeal as the Hummer H2, comfy, but not really good at anything other than looking decent and being really big.

for a portal axle I guess
>comfy, but not really good at anything other than looking decent and being really big.
someone had to one up land barges eventually

honestly that's what modern big trucks are, the capacity to tow and shit is awesome though

crew cab with short bed is more common now
mostly that towing allows softer springs to be used in the back for better road holding and more comfort

and that the crew cab is a low cost spot to keep a toolbox safe
at lest compared to a flat bed canopy or semi integrated toolbox

In smaller towns it seems like this is the deal with them. It works too haha

Your truck is small compared to that. How do you feel knowing you drive a medi truck?

lol@all these cucc truccs

New model trucks like this never see more than a dirt field. They're a status symbol, even more so the smaller the town of deeper into the south you get. There are a lot of people here that offroad, but they use beat to shit Jeeps and trucks that you generally don't see driving on the street

I feel perfectly content. Mine is almost as long though. Tbf I also really want an ecsb 4x4 ranger

I have a 2002 S-10. I'm using dexcool. Am I being memed?

consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/gm_dexcool.html

So if I was already running it I should keep running it? Thanks.

I forget the year they actually used different gasket material so the dexcool would stop eating it after they got sued

What do you think boys? It needs new tires, windshield and a clutch.

why are shord cab and short bed mini truck are so rare here in europe? I want one so fucking bad and cant even find one.

I'd stop posting and go buy it honestly

my baby... too bad it got totaled

I've been looking for one of these with a straight body for years. They're all best to shit in my area

This... After dropping 7-10k in suspension, wheel/tires etc you don't wanna risk beating the shit out of it.

my dd, 92 s10. 365,760 miles on original 2.8 / t5 trans

Yeah it seems too good to be true. I'll get it this afternoon.

Kind of relevant to bread

id drive this

Did you pick it up?

No she's at work but I'm about to go check it out. I always end up buying vehicles in the dark and regretting it the next day.

That's no Hilux.
That appears to be a Stout which was sort of a predecessor. 1st gen stout is my dream truck pic related.

I want to hate you because you're a furfag, but I love your little truck
I'm a little moist t/b/h

Okay, here's mine.
2000 Sonoma 400 SBC w/ Super T10.

I was trying to buy a mini truck a little while ago when I needed a new vehicle, but each one I found in decent condition had high milage and seemed to be over priced. Is this the case everywhere? I commonly saw trucks that were a decade or more old, with over 100,000 miles going for upwards of $10,000.

depends on what it is. toyota mini trucks go for that because they make decent rock crawlers. rangers go for that because they can get well over 300k before they start having problems. dodge and anything else is a joke for that price.

a few years ago my buddy got a new truck for 18k and i thought it would be a newer lifted truck or something then i went outside and it was a 70s toyota mini truck. it broke down weekly and he had to carpool to work with me for about a year.

Because that is a Stout.
Quite rare. I've seen maybe three in the wild. Never a 1st gen one though.

2nd and 3rd gen are basically the 1 ton version of the Hilux. The larger truck wheels are a giveaway that it was intended for heavy duty use.

They the stout had similar suspension, chassis, and drive train as the heavier duty Dyna, which was rated over 2 tons.
The only reason the stout had a 1 ton rating is because the truck itself already weighed 1.4 tons and the total weight could never legally exceed 3.5 tons without putting it in a proper truck category that required a commercial license to drive.