/twg/ - Total War General

REMOVE NORSCAN remove norscan
you are worst marradur. you are the marrudur idiot you are the kaos smell. return to norsca. to our dryadd cousins you may come our froest. you may live in the wilwood….ahahahaha ,brettonia we will never forgeve you. Pissant human FUck but fuck asshole kaos stink beastmen shit..beastman genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead norscan..ahahahahahASRAI WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget the betryaal .asrai we kill orion , elves return to your precious ulthan….hahahahaha idiot marradur and kaos smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE NASCARN FROM THE OLD WORLD. you will get caught. treekin+dryad+treemen+treebeard=kill asrai…you will leave atellorn/ coedil alive in argwylon, coedil making plan with dryccha. fast plan coedil wilwod. we are rich and have amber now hahahaha ha because of durthu… you are ppoor stink marradur… you live in a camp hahahaha, you live in a yurt edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Wood Elves Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

5 Minutes of Gameplay (Morghur confirmed!)
youtube.com/watch?v=-9M33Idbm5k

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
iii.co.uk/news-opinion/richard-beddard/games-workshop-agm:-relentless-profit-machine
iii.co.uk/articles/344389/can-we-trust-board-healthy-games-workshop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TREE
HIGH HEELS

It is now Official. Athel Loren is radiant in its resplendence. Delicate young boys cavort for the delight of their mistresses, and the luminescence of sprites and pixies flicker through the enchanted wood. The Sisters of Twilight languorously uncurl from their embrace; panpipes flute a tune of merriment throughout the halls of the summerstrand. The diverting indignities of gorposting and Deep-Thinking Goblins are a receding memory, a windblown fragment of the season past. All Asrai make ready for frolic and improductivity; indolence is the watchword, and none can be found but are feverishly, zealously committed to inactivity.

From the Oak of Ages, the Eternal Queen watches and is warmed by the celebrations of her people. In such a festive air, Orion's rebirth cannot but be imminent; Ariel's handmaidens ceaselessly weave flowers into her hair, presenting an endless procession of styles and and aspects by which their beloved monarch might greet her consort. Those that retain a sense of time and worldly events look to his arrival; Naieth's divinations serve only to confirm what the jubilant atmosphere of the forest makes evident.

Wood Elves Confirmed.

Abhorash when?

Sauce on pic?

>tfw high elves never

Ching chong chin chi chong

damn, I never seen markings like that on jap armour. It looks good

Thinking about getting Napoleon total war in the sale, is it any good?

Fuck, just realized

Reminder that Total Warhammer 40k is the "new era"

what newer era is there than 40k

Total War: Age of Sigmar when?

you mean NapoopaN? yeah it's good

Xeelee Sequence.

Will never happen.

THIS WILL DEFINITIVELY NEVER HAPPEN.

Terrify is such a stupid fucking mechanic.

t. goblin

TRUE KING OF EIGHT PEAKS

Not until AoS is killed off as a setting.

What's the best encampment upgrade for Long Yari Ashigaru? +2 armour?

so what's everyone think are the best whfantasy books

I really liked genevieve undead, ulrika and the first few gotrek and felix, also an honourable mention to the reiksmarshal books.

are there any other decent ones, or wood elves/tomb kings focused novels?

>opening cinematic will only include first 4 factions

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

First for Happy Thanksgiving /twg/

Put aside the Grudges and break bread with the Orks. Make peace with the Vamps. And SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS

>go out on a nice stroll in the woods
>look over the crest of the hill
>see this
What do you do?

Shit was rigged, a bunch of goblins were masquerading as the true king.

The Orion series is pretty good and focused on the NEET elves.

One of the storm of chaos short stories also heavily features wood elves, but it's not very good.

Malus Darkblade's series is good, and so are the Thanquol books. Skarsnik's book was also nice. The Teclis/Tyrion books are pretty bad.

I complain about how this never would have happened in MY day and go back to being sad and pissy in my house of rocks.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Korean armor looks weirdly mongolian

Chinese armor is stupid because why did they spend all that time putting dragons on it and making it look nice?

Japanese armor says to me "hey, we spent 300 years in a state of civil war so we know armor should be efficient and mass produced".

>make popular game, promoting your setting
>people get interested in the setting
>abandon it

They are literally retarded.
Completely fucking retarded.

>even think about moving your hands
>get immediately impaled on your own armor
haha epic

this is beyond me,

CA and GW were talking about making tww for years, but meanwhile GW decided to destroy the setting, knowing how succesful TW games are and how well both franchises would work toguether

but again is games workshop.

ahh cheers for the input user, I'll check the first Orion book. tomb keks get no books about them?

Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having with shogun 2 fots install?

I completely deleted the game a while ago but I missed it so I tried to redownload, it downloaded in a second but it was literally just the launcher, and obviously didn't start.

Thought maybe steam was detecting it somewhere on my system so I did a full wipe for every reference to the game, again, it just downloaded the launcher and nothing else. There's nothing left of the game, but it only downloads that, I tried verifying cache and nothing happens, moving the folder to a different drive and it still happened

Any ideas?

I miss WHITE TIGERR FORRRSSSEEE

>The thing about MoS is that you start of weak as fuck

Yeah I started as Hattori, immediately took the settlement next to me and then it took ages for the men to replenish. I tried to sweep up some settlements but then I was so short on men.

Which quest battle is the most difficult one (units given by the game via quest menu)?

Is it just me or are giants actually kind of underwhelming?

GW considers video games competition.

Their idea is that nobody will buy the models if they can just play a video game with those models in them.

It's retarded, but like you said, Games Workshop.

Giants are great against VC.

Are forest battles actually hard or should I just gitgud

The excuse people here say is because "the video game will make people not want to play the tabletop" which is absolutely fucking retarded, they're two different things. Now, I have no idea if this is the official reason or a meme here.

This is so fucking stupid. I got interested in warhammer BECAUSE of this game and then I find out it's discontinued. What a bunch of shit.

Total War: Comanche when?

I have some news on the "Christmas present that is not Wood Elves":
>it's a Lord pack, except it won't have any Legendary Lords, but Legendary Heroes instead
>Empire vs. Beatmen (Beastmen supplements won't come in the WE DLC, but in this FLC)
>Empire: Legendary Hero: Markus Wulfhart, new units: Empire Archers, Huntsmen, Knights Panther
>Beastmen: Legendary Hero: Taurox the Brass Bull, new units: Ghorgon, Harpies, Jabberslythe
oh and btw, the "Old Friend" FLC is Kurt Helborg.

We've got the whole gang together for some beast busting

does anyone have that link to all the warhammer fantasy books, I'm on the hunt

hold spacebar, toggle remove foilage on spacebar
also use the forests to your advantage, bog down enemy cav while they are slower in the forests/ect

>(Beastmen supplements won't come in the WE DLC, but in this FLC)
Except we have already been told by CA its coming with the WE pack, nice try though

more protection from ranged fire never hurts, so I'd go with the armor

>"My dad works at Nintendo and showed me the secret way to catch MewThree"

Thorgrim's "The Armor of Skaldour" is completely retarded

Icons of villification is very unbalanced too

>this legendary heroes meme is still going

what are the recommended Attila mods again?

I find Attila to be a bitch to play.

Someone posted some recommendatiosn the other day.

>paid dlc for dlc

Genevieve was horse shit
Gotrek and Felix were great
Also the ones about sigmars early days were pretty good

>pay for the DLC for DLC unlocker
>pay for the DLC for the DLC
>pay for the DLC
MODERN
GAMES

Skarsnik is best buk

>things that never happened

>Icons of villification is very unbalanced too
I'm glad that the game decides to give me warhounds with poison against minotaurs. Malagor also lacks some serious spells.

TAKE BACK EVERY GRUDGE

check here
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
taken from the Veeky Forums OP

everything should be there

You are never getting your fucking montain back, stuntie.

proof or gtfo

Wood elf achievements added to the game.

Everyone should nominate Warhammer for "Best use of a Farm Animal"

Why isn't there an "Animal Abuse" achievement you get for wiping out the Beastmen within 5 turns of their arrival in-campaign?

>Harpies
HARPIES ARE ALREADY COMING WITH MORGHUR YOU DIMMADONG.

I've already nominated for "Just 5 more minutes"
I nominated Rome 1 for "Best use of a farm animal" thanks to their flaming pig unit.

>Upgrade lumber bulding to increase the lumber production
>Get a huge increase in income because of trade agreements

Trade and resources are underrated in TWW.

>no discount on warhamer despite it being 6 months old
>DLC costs more than the game itself
>actually expecting people to fork out $120USD for a video-game
>could buy the total war anthology for less than 1/3 of the price

I don't understand their marketing strategy here. Are they actively trying to get people to buy other games instead?

Coming Soon to a campaign near you

>I don't understand their marketing strategy here.

Making lots and lots of money?

The DLC is selling like hotcakes.

How much different will harpies be from vargheists?
I think they will just use their skeleton

Considering its sold more than they expected and is one of the fastest (if not -the- fastest) selling Total war, DLCs included, I'd say they're doing something right.

You being sour because you have to pay money for your entertainment isn't a basis for what's actually happening.

>Helborg
>Not Schwarshelm

Harpies have the stats of basic infantry, they should be as numerous to a unit as Empire swordsmen.

Yep. The more trade partners, the more money due to the "export" system which opens up "trade routes". I really, REALLY hope they show this physically on the campaign map like with Medieval 2's great little internal trade system.

Update 2 they added Wyvern,Griffins and sea monsters on the map
Update 4 they added Pegasus(i?) flying around the Bretonnian kingdoms.

Hopefully we see more immersion additions for the campaign map as without physical caravans and ships. It still feels "dead".

A bit insecure there little man

I'd have thought it a better idea to discount the base, thereby encouraging more to buy DLC.

I'd definitely have forked out the full for the DLC if the base were discounted.

If they're making a killing off DLC, keeping the door open to people buying DLC and increasing their potential customer base in that area, is a good idea. I mean, I'm sure plenty see that entry price along with the mountain of DLC and raise the Jolly Roger, or just buy 5 other games instead. If the base were discounted, they'd have a better chance of getting people in the door.

Warhammer has been such a huge unexpected(fantasy was untested and they were nervous) success that not only have they expanded the initial free DLC timeline for the base game but have decided to expand the 2 expansions with the first now being 4 core races(was originally 3) and a landmass the size of the base game.

So it sounds like the inital leaked datamine map of the new world is now so out of date, we're going to be seeing something special later next year.

Pic related. Fan made map based on current ingame map and leaked datamine from game launch.

>Now, I have no idea if this is the official reason or a meme here.

It's not a meme, it IS the official reason.

Even their investors think GW are complete morons.
>iii.co.uk/news-opinion/richard-beddard/games-workshop-agm:-relentless-profit-machine
>iii.co.uk/articles/344389/can-we-trust-board-healthy-games-workshop

Nice. With Durthu's cool traits. I think Welfs might be my first Legendary campaign.

get em all in one place and send in the Minotaurs, I like your thinking

You're embarrassingly NEET

Should I buy Fall of the Samurai or the base game?

>a-a-anyone who argues against me is just insecure!!!
You would know all about being insecure, wouldn't you, champ.

>argwylon

What.

The subfaction of the Wood Elves that Durthu controls.

Sounds like Durthu's faction.

>mfw

I unironically would like to see an Indian wars Total War with some sort of hybrid system between CoH and Total War units to simulate the light infantry nature of it all. Wanna see my small contingent of dragoons getting stranded in the great plains after the Comanche scattered their horses, or getting the post-battle casualties horrendously tortured and ritually cannibalised by my native allies as our troops look on in horror

>to me
>to you

playing as the wood elves OR argylon hey, aren't they the dickiest variant of wood elves. secret third hidden ll?

whats the deal

We are all going to see the new Time Commanders together right /twg/?

I reckon they're only putting harpies in now since they're going to reuse the animation for the dark elf harpies

qt tengus when?

I'm up for it if it's available for me to leech on via iPlayer. When did it start?

>Slutty witch elfs, harpies, sorceresses, sisters of avelorn and everqueen handmaidens
My dick is ready.

WAIT

WAIT

WAIT
there is 1 (one) posibility that we can see nippon in this GAME?