Is it a meme?

Looking to buy one of these for under $20k. They all have like 12,000 miles on it. But i'm not sure if its a meme car or is it legit?

I can't decide. People and reviewrs act like Tesla's are the greatest car on the planet but we all know its a fucking meme car. Overpriced trash. We all would be better off buying ford focus and getting the same performance over the Tesla.

However, this BMW i3 is apparently BMW quality and affordable for me. The alternative i'm looking at is a used Golf or maybe a BMW 1 series if I can find the right one.

I like the idea of saving money on gas but also enjoy driving a stick in nice car. Would I miss it?

What experience we got with electrics?

>BMW quality

I'm sorry is this a positive?

what do you drive now?

Saab 9-2x Aero

Are you voting for Hillary?

If yes, then this is the car for you.

this assumes your car gets 24 mpg, is worth 7700 and you put 5k down on the i3, and drive 1300 miles a month.

I drive a volt. Its almost 4 years old and the battery gives me a good 35 to 40 miles if I drive with the Windows down and AC off. When I first got it I would get around 50. Now ignoring all the problems I have with it, it's pretty sweet getting like 900 miles per tank of gas.

> But i'm not sure if its a meme car or is it legit?
ok

>People and reviewrs act like Tesla's are the greatest car on the planet but we all know its a fucking meme car.
Sounds like you already have it all figured out

>We all would be better off buying ford focus and getting the same performance over the Tesla.
If only such a Focus existed

>What experience we got with electrics?
A lot. I'm not a fan of the i3. Go test drive it, you don't seem like the kind of person that is going to listen to any advice that you don't already agree with anyway. Buying one without a warranty would be extremely stupid.

so its a meme?

>Buy $20k electric BMW to save $1200 a year on gas
>Doesnt account for the extra you'll spend on electricity
>Assuming a BMW will have no problems

any car will have repairs so that's a moot point.

Well i'm well aware that I just burn coal instead of gasoline. However do save about 50% or so on expense to power the car with coal.

I don't really give a shit about 'eco' friendly cars. We are all aware burning coal is no friendlier than gasoline for carbon emission.

I live on a hydroelectrical solarcular grid so muh eco would normally be a concern. But I also realise the toxicity of the lithium mines and eat meat. So whatever.

Why do you want an I3, then? Just get an old X5 (I think the 2012s or something have dropped down to $20 000). If you want to save the extra bit on gas, get a Chevy Volt or weird hybrid.
Volkswagen Jetta does something like 50MPG highway which was insane back in the day. Ford Fusion and Focus had similar ratings if you get a smaller car. If you want the extra money, Lincoln had a few (muh ecoboost) engines that could help you save gas in style.

Choose manual for additional benefits.

>Wants to buy an i3
>is probably a straight man
>wat

All jokes aside, don't get an i3 unless someone is buying it for you. Yes, it's a BMW, but there are more affordable options instead of this weird gremlin of a vehicle.

God save you if you crash the car too, your wallet and you will be dead.

its actually kinda gud, tossable little rwd thing

its ugly as fuck though
also get the REX and it's like a comfier fun-er volt

probably want wider tires too

fucking this

>Saab 9-2x Aero
are you retarded? why the fuck would you get an electric cuck mobile.

Traditional cars can be repaired in your private cuckshed with used parts from eBay. With all the electric fuckery all you can do is wash it. I bet they have the tire pressure sensor bullshit so you can't even change a wheel without a qualified repairer.

It's a giant turd, you're better off getting a Chevy Volt

Have you ever driven a car from this century?

BMW i3s are a meme
they are just Nissan Leaf or chevy Volts with a BMW look
If you want save on gas get a Volt, they are faster than the i3 on the quarter mile
If you just want a BMW, get the series 1 you are looking at (just remember the 125i turbo and the 130i 6cyl are the only good ones), plus they are RWD too
Golf if you just want to have a normal car

>2006 Mercedes A-Class
>2006 VW Passat
>2008 Audi A4
>2008 Opel Astra
>2010 Audi A4
>2011 Mercedes SLK
>2013 Audi A4
>2013 Toyota GT86
>2016 BMW 4 series
Your point?

This, the volts or the new bolts will be much better and better priced

Have you ever worked on a modern car?

No, any car I ever wrenched myself is it was 30 years old or older. Still no clue what you're on about.

While we're on this thread, I finally started seeing the Musk """SUV""" and they are smaller than I expected. With the odd shape you will probably get just as much cargo space with a diesel Golf.

On another note, the new Jaguar SUVs look nice. I would def lease one of those.

>No, any car I ever wrenched myself is it was 30 years old or older

Well that explains it

What part of Florida are you in that you haven't been seeing the hideous muskmobiles for months?

Explains what? Tuning a carburetor is easier than reprogramming an electric car, at least for the average Joe in his garage. The more electronics with proprietary software you have in a car, the harder if not impossible it is to repair things yourself. If you're good with a soldering iron you can fix basic things yourself, but especially with recent cars, things have gotten so complex, you're usually bound to buy expensive ECUs if something fucks up. You're not gonna argue against this, are you?

Flash tunes are a lot easier than carbs

Seems you're just afraid of technology

He's saying that the complaint you're positing about the i3, that old mate can't repair it in his own garage, could be leveled at any potential new car that OP might want to buy.

NO user YOU GOTTA DRIVE 30 YEAR 9LD SHITBOXES LIKE HIM

tru tho

He said any car needs repairs, I said you can repair older and less complex cars yourself for cheap. If you understand English, you'll have to agree my point is valid. Reading more into it than I said makes you the retard, not me. Hence the repeated question what user was trying to say.

You can also fix new cars

I give up

Share problems? Also thats 20% loss in capacity, not too good for only 4years. Ive been looking into volts though, the seem decent overall but GM puts me off for some reason.

Your point is moot, I highly doubt OP wants to buy an 'older and less complex' car.

hahaha awesome bros! fuck yea! poorfags unite am i right?

A Volt costs as much as an i3, stop being vapid

>buying electric or hybrid cars before batteries are standardized
If you plan on leasing or only keeping it for a few years, sure, go for it. If you're looking for something long term, then no.