Art thread?

I find the whole Stuckist/Remodernist thing pretty interesting, if only for bad practice. The two were conceived by the same people at the same time. To me it seems that Stuckism was a fairly sensible idea in theory by Childish, Thompson et al to keep Remodernism legitimate by compartmentalising all of their butthurt reactionism over the Young British Artists and their patrons to a specific submovement. They shat the bed IMO however by taking a swipe at the establishment in their Remodernist manifesto, polluting the ideals of Remodernism with the specific and petty reaction of Stuckism. However, without the hypocrisy and antics of Stuckism, would Remodernism have got the little traction it did? The former is definitely the better known.

look p hideous 2 b q8 honest wit you my flam

anyway, i thought by kicking off with a talking point the same ground mightn't be covered for a handful of posts at least

feel free to post your favourites

Hanging Gardens of Hammersmith

can't disagree with you, I dislike the Stuckists, and find they have a hypocritical bent when it comes to conceptual art, but many posters would share their sentiments and (what i said here)

well sorry but i dont know formally anthing about art other than if i like how it looks

sometimes the art is supposed to mean something but then its like all self expression or trying to communicate with someone about something does anyone really care or are we just trying to talk to ourselves
well talk is cheap and paintings can be expensive so i suspect developing a style is a quest for being in the kool kid klub

Their obsession with money is vulgar. No one is stopping them from doing art how they want. To expect everyone to prefer it is needy.

I unironically like abstract art

liu xiaodong

Never mind the 'art' itself, modern art people are uniformly wankers and should be killed

Saw a Cameron Robbins exhibition today, I really like his work, he creates a lot of environmentally powered, mostly wind, drawing machines, there was some really analogue mapping of a magnetic anomaly which was pretty cool, a tidal powered machine, etc.