Can you guys help a Br/o/ out?

So for those of you who may not know me I am a Br/o/ of about 7 years now. Recently I have been posting a bit more, especially about my Bus, and thats what I need some help with. I had an awesome opportunity fall into my lap for my family of 4 to move out into a beautiful forest and have my kids grow uo around nature. This opportunity also delivered our bus to us. The bus needs a lot of money to get into a good spot and it sort of needs it soon. It has been harder and more expensive than expected, and now with it almost being winter, we may need to sell the bus, and our dreams, and move back to the unhealthy city and the 9 to 5.

If there are any of you who may be willing to help, please do, we could really use it. Let me know if you have any questions for me or even if you just want to catch up. I know Veeky Forums isnt really the place for help, but i figure Veeky Forums is or at least was a lot more of a group of friends instead of the regular Veeky Forums shittocity of the rest of the boards.

m.gofund.me/the-adams-family-bus-2vbm57g

To keep things a tad more Veeky Forums related...

The bus is equipped with a pretty badass and massive set up. It has air brakes and huge leaf springs, 24.5" wheels, and the biggest and beefiest radiator and fan set up ever.

It is all aluminun other than the tube chassis and copper rivets.

It has an original and running 1100 cubic inch pancake 6 cylinder engine (biggest 6 cylinder gas engine ever made) and a 4 speed transmission, which i have not figured out reverse yet.

Why do you need a whole bus to move a small family of 4? None of us can help you we're all poorboi ricers..just buy a civic for $2k like the rest of us

Make a YouTube video about it, share video on plebbit, etc.

Looks really interesting and I'm sure a lot of people would want to see it materialize

>Hurr durr
I live in that bus.

We have a 2014 fiesta as our family car and that plus the full coverage takes a big chunk out of each months expenses.
I do hope to have a video here within a few days. Its just i had been planning to make a go fund me for about a week now and it keeps getting put off, so i just did it to get it done, i am working on a video though

>sell fiesta
>buy ~$2K civic
>put rest of money into bus

Is it that hard?

I have never been on reddit. Dont know if this is a good idea or not

Sorry i put some information between the lines there, but its ok, i can spell it out.

I make payments on the fiesta, and because i bought it new i owe about what it is worth. It would be very dumb for me to get rid of reliable and safe transportation just to get away from the payment or to get into a honda

Plus i cant be seen in a civic.

You make me sick

>Hur dur imma move my famy to dah wilderness so day can be healthy

Most of the time it is much less healthy outside the cities since no one cares. Water supplies have higher levels of heavy metals, and aquifers are polluted since no one cares. You've heard of love canal, all the shit done throughout history that no one has cared to clean up. To not only move your family to worse locations, but to have to BEG to make your life worse. Just sell the bus, buy a revolver, and kys, so you can't make their life worse.

>you make me sick
Youch, pretty harsh there

We have a 2400 sqft greenhouse that will be pumping out organic spinach tomatoes and brocolli, among others, by january. And we also get our water from an auquifer and because they invented water filters some time ago, we use one.

Where i moved my family to a better location, even if some guy on Veeky Forums doesnt agree.

The only downside is the bus, which is what i am trying to remedy. Wish it hadnt gotten to this point but the bus has been far more expensive than initially expected

>inb4 you should have known
I know i know... nothing is EVER as cheap or easy as you expect.

So wait.. your family's gonna live in a bus?

Literally bus riders KEK

We DO live in a bus.

We plan to break ground this next spring on our house, but for the moment we live in a 49 brill bus, we thought that this would be a great way to go about a temporary living situation because when we are done we get to travel whenever we want in our decked out retro bus that was built just for us.

First temporary bus spot after we get it done will be in ouray colorado for a week or two in the summer. It will be nice for us to be able to move our family home wherever and whenever

1) most filters are shitty, only being able to remove sediments and containments of a certain size, unable to actually remove dissolved substances.

2) aquifer contamination goes to more than just drinking water. Trees and plants around you will bring up any toxins blocked by your filter and will transfer them to the soil for easy contact.

3) you plan to grow your own organic crap. If you can't tell me the difference between a monocot and a dicot, you are in no position to grow your own food for self sustenance.

4) you plan to live 5 people in a bus. You could have probably gotten a prefab that's cheaper, more space, insulated, and safer.

If you are close to 28, don't do this, please don't do this

At least its not a short bus.

>most filters
Yes, most, our setup is $250 so i do hope its half decent

Where we live the auquafer is 600ft down, we are fine

No i do not know what the fuck those are, i sell organic coffee, my wife and mother are the gardeners turned farmers
No i could not have gotten a cheaper prefab, i looked. And we are a family of 4, two kids two parents

And i am 23

I am sorry that your boring and meaningless citylife has upset you to the point of trolling me, but that is ok.
We are doing great out here and it gets even better each day, clean air, clean water, clean forest and no city noises.

And on a side note, if the shit hits the fan and there is no more power or city water. i will still have power. I will still have water. And i will still have sustainable healthy fruit, vegetables and meat. I am sorry that you will, instead of enjoying these things, be fighting off /k/ and most likely die.

Okay new plan

>sell kids
>sell bus
>live in fiesta w/ farmer wife + mom

>sell kids
I..... I can do that?

Just kidding, i love my little trouble makers

Glad you are still young, and selling your products. I live in Alaska, and their are too many 25-30 year olds that decided to leave the California or new york or Portland or what ever and just try to live off the land. They never prepare properly, and dont care about other things, thinking that living in the city has made them smart enough to live alone.

Being young enough is insurance, so that if anything goes wrong you can still leave and eek out an exsistance somewhere else. For the 30 year olds that come out here unprepared and fail, they are trapped here, and end up much worse having to move to Alaskan cities or back to their homes with broken dreams and empty pockets.

How is everybody ignoring that.
Holy fuck mate, you can't be serious?

How come you don't have $5,000 to spend on your home yet you're making payments on a bew car?

You'd be paying wat more than $5,000 for a year's rent in the city.

If the Fiesta is worth what you owe, just sell it.
Pretend the money you paid was for car rental payments.
Spend $3,000 on a 15 year old crew cab pickup. You will need it.

Then take what's left from the Fiesta, and what you are putting into car payments, and use that money to fix up your bus.

>can't be seen in a civic
>literal bus rider for life

Holy KEK what a KEK

>can't be seen in a civic
>sells organic roasted coffee

>m-muh nature
>dirty city plebs
>no hybrid

Riiiiiiight

I would have donated if you said you wanted to escape the degenerates and form a new colony, but you had to fag it up with your
>hurr durr I'm a hippy bruhh
>bad vibes in the city bruhhh
>bad air in the city bruhh
>organic vegan food bruuuuhhh

Should have bought a recent schoolbus instead of a dead bus from 70 years ago.

>for life
Absolutely not, year or two tops. Aftet that we will have a really neat custom old school bus for traveling
Fiesta will NOT be sold ladys and gents. I promise. I am actually a tad upside down on it too. Not gonna happen.

But thank you for your concern.

That was a part of the decision we made to do this. If everything goes terribly and we have to quit, we are still young and have time to make thinvs better.

Lol itz really not about the hippy and bad vibes.

It is about a unique and interesting thing that we can look back on later.

And it is adventure and experience whenever we take her out in the world, this bus will represent our families adventurous sould and it will teach my children about different people and places first hand.

If you can't get a bus livable you're not going to chop down trees and build a cabin

This shit is comedy gold

>My family and I live out of a 60s VW fleet bus
>Our family car is a 2014 Fiesta
Choose only 1

I am part owner of a successful business.

Things are going really good but the business is only two months old, so it is still a babby.

Within a years time i should be making a very significant salary, enough to begin building a house.

It is a 1949 brill bus

So.. what's wrong with it? Why does it cost so much?

It needs a shower framed out and build, a water heater, and a few other things.

Especially with framing out the shower i am not skilled enough

The expensive part being the skilled labor

>make payments on the fiesta, and because i bought it new i owe about what it is worth.

So you go begging like some homeless shit.

Does the bus run and drive? Do you actually need something or is this cardboard sign on the off ramp between shifts money?

Go for it dude, keep us posted on the progress, I plan on turning a plain old school bus into my home in the next four years and travel the country in it, might tow a car behind it for local transport whenever I hunker down for a few months to work a steady job

>We DO live in a bus.
And can't afford it

Bus runs and drives just not well.

And this is all about the interior. We need to get it 100% winterized and finished before we get snow.

And it is not ready yet

Could use truck stop showers, an outdoor shower, get a cow water bin and take baths, or embrace the alt lifestyle and don't bathe
Boil water on wood fire for hot water, or if for cooking get one of those instahot water faucets or whatever

>Fiesta will NOT be sold ladys and gents. I promise. I am actually a tad upside down on it too. Not gonna happen.

So we should go fund your bad life decisions and stubborn baby dreams so you can go live an idyllic life without sacrifice? Do I at least get to fuck your wife?

>tfw can do all that but can't work on the bus itself
>can install shower, plumbing, floors, walls, ect but can't open the engine up

With any luck I'll break down outside a commune and fuck hippy chicks until I can get it running