Alright Veeky Forums i need a new DD, budget is 14k, please keep the civic memes to a minimum

alright Veeky Forums i need a new DD, budget is 14k, please keep the civic memes to a minimum

pic semi related

But Civic is best. A cheap, well maintained Civic, even a Type R for that money. I would in an instant.

>if civic's are so great why do you always see them for sale?

Because there are A LOT of them. Percentages, mang.

Have you considered the actual civic, the Fit?

Is it possible for hatches to not look fucking stupid

mazda 3
toyota auris

i do like the carolla im but they're 20k

unrelated but how trust worthy are JD power ratings?

not really

>who can i trust

Honda FIT or Mazda 2

no one, not even yourself

If you have a decent trade in...

Lately I've wanted one of those big ass ford taurus SHO's with paddle shifters. Pigfat car but super comfy.

you can trust us, now get a civic

Versa

I dd an 08' Yaris. Love that car. Will drive anywhere with good tires. Pic related is mine. I live in northeast but snow isnt even a problem with it.

>mazdrone on full damage control
nope, jd power has always been correct

>mazda 2
small and looks gay. No real purpose

anyone here ever own or drive a dodge dart?

I would definitely 'dodge' that

Guud one m8.

a civic for 3k. otherwise you should spend more on a used luxury car that's worth going into debt. new econoboxes are pointless.

Prius Type C is pretty cool, if you want something fun look for a higher mileage Fiesta ST, if you want more space look for a Honda Fit, otherwise just test drive the econohatch segment and decide for yourself what fits you best.

Used (2014+) MT Fiesta's (maybe even the 3 cylinder ecoboost) are good choice as well.

>battery ded
>car is totally ded
get a honderp fit or insight if you want hybrid.

the sedan looks neat.
the new one.

Fit for 10k

If you like it then by all means do so

i keep hearing that prius Cs are pretty bad,not sure what is exactly wrong with them,though

Sorry to hijack but I don't want to make a new thread.

I'm also looking for a DD. Budget = 25,000$

Was eye-ing an ATS 2.0T but the engine reliability has me looking elsewhere.

Any suggestions? Preferably manual transmission.

Versa owner here
No, i hate it. The only upside to it is that it's roomy compared to other sedans in the same category, despite it's slightly smaller size. Has way less "frills" than others, and has less power than others. If you're going to dd a versa, do so without passengers. This thing has only 109hp while something like the focus s has 160hp. Fitting my parents and siblings in makes my car sluggish and fucks up the catalytic converter.

TLDR

PROS
>roomy
>fwd
>basic features

CONS
>109hp
>less features compared to other cheap sedans
>cheap interior

Avoid the versa it's not worth spending 14k on it

They don't make it in manny trans. Go make your own thread if you really want answers besides me, again

>FWD
>>pro

USED FRS MAN

HEAR ME THE FUCK OUT

>can be had cheaply with a bit of miles
>reliable
>fun
>interior has lots of room for stuff in back seats
>cheap to run & maintain
>good emmpeegees (25+ if driven right)
>REAR WHEEL DRIVE
>plenty comfortable unmodded

finding one for sale at $14k might take some looking around, but i'm sure its possible. i see hundreds of used ones hovering around $15k, and the lowest i've ever seen advertised is $14.3k, but if you're a good enough negotiator it's not a problem.

The V6 doesn't have manny but the 2.0 does. Sorry for hijacking.

Nearly impossible to find a good civic for 3k where I live

>250k, but these will go to 500k no problem!
>burns a bit of oil
>rice, so much rice
>just a cold air intake and exhaust

At this point I am looking at sub 4k cobalts and focuses with 5 speeds. Lower mileage and more likely to be adult owned and not driven hard.

>torque dip
>throw turbo on it
>still torque dip

subcompact sedans are fugly. 3 sedan or burst

>still only makes 200 hp

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

What a vapebox

That's why you supercharge it
But the car is still a poor car for DD.

E38 BMW with the engine of your choice. Leave the rest of the money for maintenance.

not even joking thats actually what im driving now and the maintenance is fucking retarded, hence why im getting rid of it and getting something that i can drive semi worry free for the next 5+ years

Why are new econoboxes pointless? The next car I buy I intend to drive for the next 10 years at least unless assuming I buy another car completely

Oh haha, here's your (You)

V6 ACCORD

How about a 2011 Ford Fusion V6?

>because ford quality

Fiesta st? I heard its gud and fast for cheap.

Others are low miles civic, mazda 3 or corolla. Fit is good too

whats your opinion on the Focus SE and ST?

>Focus SE
avoid the auto like the plague
breddy gud so long as you don't rice it out with some crazy agressive high boost tune

why avoid the auto? i've read that there is a weird noise on some of the models when it shifts from 1st to 2nd but thats it

nigga i see 10+ focus SE on the road everyday they can't be that bad

unreliable as hell
super jerky too, especially at low speeds, like some kid learning manual for the first time, is how i heard it described
basically jerky, hard shifts that they could never solve or figure out
tbqhwyphamalamborghini, I think you should avoid the focus unless
>you get it in stick and for cheap
or
>it's an ST
because the Mazda3/Civic/Golf are comparable and better in most aspects

That being said I've done a little research, why are Mazda3 hatches so cheap?

I bought my Mazda 3 with 67k for 13k. I'm at 88k now and nothing has needed to be done. That being said I fucking love those Prius C's and if needed a new dd that would be it.

This is me. There's a bunch of them and the build quality is not that high. Mine is starting to rattle a little. I only just learned how to turn the traction control off and it's a totally different car now. You can actually hoon the shit out of it for a FR car. Mine is the 2.5 n/a with 165hp which is probably more than I need, I'd kill myself with a speed3, but if you do want that much power and a slightly nicer cabin you can totally find a 2011 one for 14k with

for future referece, how do you turn the traction control off?

2010 Mazda3 with 37k on it, is this a good deal?

you know that its wheel horsepower right ? somebody cant be this retarded right ?

proved you wrong nerd