/rlg/ - Roguelike General

I'm thankful for Awoo telling me to do my best!

DCSS 0.19 Tournament is over! Congratulations to team /rlg/ for an impressive 31st place!
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/

>Oook.cz Poschengband Comp
>(Shadow Fairy Swordmaster who starts with a Rune Sword in inventory, yes easy_lore and easy_id are on)
angband.oook.cz/competition.php?showcompo=197

>Nethack annual DevNull tournament is running until the end of November
nethack.devnull.net/

>IA 19.0 beta (9b12edf) Windows - with level-up crash fixed!
www20.zippyshare.com/v/SLn9DYZx/file.html

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21725
nethackwiki.com/wiki/UnNetHack#Changes_from_NetHack_3.4.3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a free as in freedom version of Nethack for Android? I can't find one on f-droid but I refuse to use any of Google's services (including the play store and Google Services).

There is one on google play.

is there a free as in freedom ssh app on android? because you could just play nh through that

Shit you're right.
First I'll need to find out how to configure my VPN so that I can SSH into the computer from other networks...

or just use one of the public ssh servers such as the one at nethack.alt.org

or you could just get the APK for the free one on the play store.

>Games on this server are recorded for in-progress viewing and playback!
> required sign-up for a singleplayer game
Nah. I want to access my computer remotely anyway so I might as well use SSH to play nh on there.

Lift your bandaged fists like antennae 3 to the D:1 staircase.

>refuse to use google's services
>including the one where you literally get all the apps
autism

How's Usk for SpEn? I've tried a lot of deities for that combo, but have never got through the Vault. Usk looks rather good.
The ones I've tried
>Dith
Very good
>Sif
Most effective thus far, have got all the spells I've needed, can easily stomp thru the Lair and Mines, and at least one Lair branch
>Nemlex
Great fun, but there's a sinking feeling that the decks aren't going to be useful later on
>Kiku
Bleh because I've not figured out how to combine Necromancy spells with stabbing
>Jivya
Tricksy.

>Get some early +0, 1d2 greaves
>2 floors slater, Sploosh
>-1, 1d2

> sacrificing your freedom for video games
autism

The dude that made the Play Store app put his source and the apk on github so I downloaded that and it's great now. My current ranger is surviving.

Question:
> kill hobbit
> find cloak of inivisibility
> put cloak on
> now invisible
> walk a couple steps
> suddenly turned into a rat
> cloak is gone
What the fuck happened?

i started a bard in incursion and i got a free ally to start with

he fell into the first pit trap and died trying to get out

I found three forges with three uses each on the first floor, and I'm a smithing character with 12 smith.

I have the abilities to make boots of speed(armor, enchant) but no other abilities. What do I make? Only 500 exp.

Words cannot describe the happiness I felt when I was reunited with my dog that fell through a trapdoor.

ok i have a new slave already

that human guy sucked anyways, he picked up and drank a healing potion i wanted

>Dith
Your best option.

>Sif
Good, not great.

>Nemelex
They nerfed him so hard that it is completely pointless to play him at all. Don't bother, avoid like the plague.

>Kiku
There isn't a way to combine them. Why did you try.

>Jivya
slimes will eat your fucking spellbooks

Usk is not that great for you. Ukelele wants you to deal damage to enemies on every turn, which is the opposite of what you do(cast spell for no damage, instakill). She will be completely, utterly worthless to you.

If you REALLY need a god besides Dithmenos, Elyvilon will help keep you alive, Zin or Yredelemnul can give you "i don't want to die" panic buttons, Ashenzari can give you forewarning of where your enemies will be(useful for stabbing), Gozag can net you sweet gear and/or panic buttons, Hepliaklqana will give you a hexing buddy that is almost as good at hexing as you are, Ru will improve your defenses.

are roguelike players all stallman clones?

Aight, I'll try Dith for my next run. Followup question: how to use Dith properly?

reminder that Usk is the best tablord god and best long blades to stabbing switch when paralyzed god

Theres quite a few gods that are good for SpEn, and ill name them and explain some stuff, as the other user before me did the same i have quite some experience with SpEn
Ignore most of the caster ones like sif and veh for example, its pointless to worship them
>dith
Dith is pretty nice, it is the one true stealth/stabber god and gives you lot of mobility and escape mechanisms when you find yourself in some sticky situations
>nemelex
As the user stated, if youre playing on newer versions, just dont.. Its been nerfed a lot and not much to do now with it, in older versions its pretty good
>kiku
Kiku is great, offers you nice transition into mid/late with pain branding, free books to access some nice spells like bolt of draining and such and protects from miscasts/curses/whatever the fuck every now and then, ive had most success with kiku in my runs just because he offers that versatility to use really nice aptitutes the Sp has to transition well later on into the game
>jivya
Haha, no

Dunno about Usk.
Personally I've always been great fan of Ashenzari - although I prefer starting my stabbers as assassins.
Or berserkers, funnily enough, although Troggin' it up gets difficult in extended.

Fuck i forgot to mention a few because im sleepy and tunnel visioned, sorry.. I forgot to mention
>oka
Oka is also a nice one to use, gives you nice abilities to increase your everything, including stealth, and gives nice gifts, obviously
>ash
Ash is also a cool one, especially as a Sp since you dont change your equipment often and can use the curse bonuses quite effectively and you cant wear that many stuff as well like other races, so thats a bonus as well
>gozag
Gozag is one of those special ones, since you dont eat meat, you fully utilize the bonus gold from corpses you even get gold if you drown the body or burn it in lava via confuse for example so yey so you can summon shitton of shops whenever you need

Sif's more for making sure you get OOD or Servitor and iron shot
You can deck through Zot:5.
Necro's mostly as an alternative once stealth begins to die. You can deliver twice and animate in a pinch. When it's not you can use simalcrum, animate skel, and animate dead to help you.
Jiyva's kind of hit and miss but being able to slime ALiches and shit in a pinch when your stealth fails

Polymorph can drop or destroy your armor. check your message log, you probably ate a poly trap

Follow the pastebin. It's find of fucked you over because you don't have the xp to make a lot of use out of it even if you have your forge order lined out.

Fusion Blaster Arm CBM any good?

No. You need your second hand too much. Save a couple up for a fusion blaster rifle when you get lab journal herra

Will do. On that note, Elf-A mutation tree (heh) any good?

Pretty good. Keep in mind vomitous is a pest, radioactivity will confine you to a radsuit, and you can't purify once you get a +stat mutation IIRC cause it bugs and you permanently lose the stat or whatever go ahead and make a copy and do 5 or 6 runs with a ton of serum to test it out. Otherwise it's not the worst you could aim for.

What are the arguably/subjectively best/worst mutation trees available?

>starve to death and die to a porcupine I'm trying to eat
fuck this gay earth

>you can't purify once you get a +stat mutation IIRC cause it bugs and you permanently lose the stat
That's just the alpha prime mutations, I think.

Medical has some op stuff like pain immunity and extra hp, but it also has some really annoying mutations, so I'd hesitate to recommend it in terms of enjoyability.

I suspect fish is secretly pretty good with minimal drawbacks, but I haven't recently played long enough to go full deep one.

Lads the time has come for the semi-annual virtual divegrass competition!
Various generals of Veeky Forums will compete against each other for >fun and bragging rights.

The Veeky Forums League 7 Qualifiers are this weekend beginning tomorrow, and /rlg/ is playing the following teams at the following times.
/sog/ Steel Ocean Admiral General - Friday, 18:30 UDT
/acg/ Animal Crossing General - Saturday, 18:00 UDT
/ss13g/ Space Station 13 General - Sunday, 18:30 UDT
These games will be streamed on the cup shitbox which you can find on the links I will give to you.

>What the fuck are you rambling on about?
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page
implyingrigged.info/wiki//rlg/

>Sounds autistic as fuck
Wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
>Fuck off
No u

If you have any more questions I'm here to provide answers.

wow already? I remember that sigmund header from 2 tourneys ago like it was yesterday

also imo a player should be Rodney or The Wizard of Yendor, maybe over, oh I dunno, Dicksman unless he reappears to prove existance

>thumbnail isn't transparent
neck yourself, if you're too retarded to do one of the simplest tasks possible, you're too retarded to host a divegrass tourney

Lair or D:11 on trunk

>exploring the bottom of icky caves
>get destroyed by two time breaths out of nowhere
T-thanks chronomage.

What do you mean not transparent?
I'm just the manager of this team, not the host of the whole tournament. Someone else higher on autism ladder does that.

please stop posting things like this

what the SHIT

They all have iffy stuff so you kinda just gotta pick your poison and hope the RNg doesn't shit on you. As always, robust genetics is heavily recommended. Often times I'll just get a bunch of whatever mutations and just call it good enough

>That deep
>No detection
All you

I've never made it to D14 and this is scaring me

I never saved it, but I remember an user posting a screenshot of him teleporting into LOS of like seven or eight sphinxes and other assorted nasties in a small room. Be glad you're not dealing with that.

>actually unironically using polearms
>on a formicid
>firefox

TRIPLE MADMAN

I had to run from an iron troll to D15 and now I'm shitting myself
Don't bully I don't know how to play videogames okay

why are a tyrannosaurus and a medusa just chillin' on a floating island in the middle of a cave

lol, saved

If I could only tickle one (1) tummy, I would choose yours, /rlg/.

because they're stuck, duh

Only if you tickle it from the inside, baka

Fuck, though fog stops monster targetting.

note: I teleported, but it teleported me into the same room, but slightly to the left.

>though
*thought

Wrong neighborhood, cunt.

Hill Orc Wanderer.

fog has to kick in. It's iffy. What you should have doen was abyss yourself

I was retarded and had an amulet of guardian spirit rather than the superior amulet of reflection.

Drained my MP, when I went to gate myself, then I knew how much I fucked up.

monsters can't target you if they can't see you (and you can't see them, since LOS is reciprocal)
fog blocks sight IF there are 2 or more clouds between you and the monster.

>not Harm
you would have splatted anyway

>he fell for the guardian spirit meme

good riddance for bloat users

It's an amazing amulet up till the moment it's insufficient. Much like the shield of the gong, hat of double turn torment+high roller hellfire, maxwell's coffin, and the axe of Oklobitis

Yes, I agree. It's a very amazing and optimal amulet with a separate regen mechanic that gives you additional HP! Only a fool would not wear this very optimal amulet amirite lads?

>>nemelex
>As the user stated, if youre playing on newer versions, just dont.. Its been nerfed a lot and not much to do now with it, in older versions its pretty good
Nemelex is anything but bad, the decks are even seperated into shit(escap,destruction) and good decks(summoning) automatically now.

Summoning decks by themselves can carry you all the way throughout the game, they're incredibly strong.The only slight debuff is that he uses invocations now, instead of evocations,.

So it looks like I haven't been here in... four years. Has anything worthwhile happened to Cataclysm since then?

they added nutrient deficiencies and mandatory laundry washing

>walk into town in Elona
>Something is killed
>something is killed
>don't pay any attention
>finally it's happening literally every turn
>turn the corner
>the entire east side of town is literally mobbed with monsters on every square
>start blasting my way through
>lol just kidding and Mass Monsters infinite summoning
>keep blasting my way through
>literally takes me an hour to clear these shits out
>find a massive pile of loot in the centre of the mob
>Some dumbass adventurer was walking around with an item with the attribute 'Attracts Monsters' and just killed half of Palmia

And now I'm worried that there's civvies who got alien raped, and I'm going to come back to even worse shit in a few days. Should I just shove poison down every NPC's throat to be safe?

Just kill everyone and work off the karma loss.

You already have a weapon that can proc Ragnarok right? Enclose you and your pet in a 4x1 space by using Create Wall. Hit your pet multiple times with it (2-3 times if your pet is bad) until it procs, rest to restore HP. Don't forget to buy lots of food/cargo food until you wait for 100 or so turns for the dragons and shiet to clear the entire town. Would take some more time if it's somewhere large like Palmia

This would prevent karma loss btw iirc

Wouldn't that get you a fuckload of ether mutations?

Assgut.

Not at all.

Quadruple lightning bolt on fault on nagas shit movement speed. What are the odds, pretty decent, id say.

>try ironshot vs orbs of fire
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>out of mana
such a great spell

>XL11
>D:12
You should know that D.11 is where you stop

you are supposed to use a hasted servitor

'Prior to 0.14 the Lair's entrance was located on D:8-13.'
Was operating on old knowledge. Only started playing again recently after a long, long hiatus.

Then you are in for a lot of disappointment

>beating the greater hell beast to death with a 1d3 pick and wearing the randart shirt because it's better than any armor so far
Tonberry diggermaster, no sense of right or wrong

Gud spellpower m8....

the one true digmaster race is dwarf, you infidel

Nemelex was fun once, rip in pieces.

Pls explain how tummy fetishism relates to roguelikes?

please dont say "t*mmy"

It's non-modal, for one thing

>tfw Demon game got fugged over by computer randomly restarting

It is not.

I can believe that I am seeing this general going through the same sort of decay that other ones have gone through on here. I haven't been on here for that long but it has decreased in quality.

WHY IS THIS THE CASE?

Okay that's pretty cool.

I COME TO REACH THE DARKEST LEVEL
AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS
I REALIZE I LIVE A NIGHTMARE, WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS A DREAM

don't worry you resist cold, I'm sure you can take him on

unless he still can cast air strike

What in the world am I looking at?

This is a dead character, I blinked to the downstairs and escaped but died to dumb things later

Looks like it has a tavern thread.
crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21725

tum-based game
non-modal
complexity
resource/tummy management
hack'n'massage
exploration and discovery
tactical challenge when massaging/pounding tummy
numbers = tummy meter is represented by numbers

please stop, i've already masturbated today

around mummies

pound their tummies

>install unnethack
How does it differ from nethack, is it any good and what am I in for?

Aye aye!

>How does it differ from nethack
nethackwiki.com/wiki/UnNetHack#Changes_from_NetHack_3.4.3

>is it any good
No

>what am I in for
Wishing you just played vanilla instead.