/mscg/ My Summer Car General

Perkele edition

>What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.
>In-depth Guides
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO
Youtube: Video not found (embed)
>Top 20 singles of Finland during 1995 in-game playlist compiled by Veeky Forums
comfy.moe/aqtlkc.7z
>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/rjotghthf5m1wbu/MySummerCarSaveEditorV1.1.zip
mediafire.com/file/wbcrgu9z29tihl2/DudeWheresMySummerCarV1.1.zip
mediafire.com/file/hj2j5sq2qhh8ygu/CheckMyBoltsV1.3.zip
satsuma.booru.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dead thread
Dead game

>/v/ repeats the same phrase but this time, about MSC

Go back to your containment board faggot

Save editor:
mediafire.com/file/rjotghthf5m1wbu/MySummerCarSaveEditorV1.1.zip

Part finder:
mediafire.com/file/wbcrgu9z29tihl2/DudeWheresMySummerCarV1.1.zip

Bolt checker:
mediafire.com/file/hj2j5sq2qhh8ygu/CheckMyBoltsV1.3.zip

Anyone got fleetari job? I'm still waiting for a call.

UPDATE 24.11.2016

-Radio OGG song import is now done in Main Menu for hopefully to help game loading issues
-House light states are now saved
-Sewage job darts/orders are now saved
-Fixed Air Filter bolts
-Added two odd jobs to do for Fleetari Repair Shop, vandalism and transporting of junk cars
-Any items that drop into sewage well should re-spawn at the Landfill site
-Portable Car Jack can be used only when it is placed on ground
-Physics optimization; some car part collisions are now disabled after they are bolted tight
-Fixed issue where telephone breaks down if mr. Fleetari tries to call from repair shop
-Fixed gear indicator for boat
-Fixed issue with front spoiler assemblies
-Fixed issue with Satsuma loosing its tire grip when loading the game on top of asphalt surface
-Made fur dices as optional accessory
-Fixed spawning of third halfshaft
-Police spawning is now randomized
-Local radio station updated; more songs, more programs, more random
-Fixed issue where post order sheet is not always available after getting a call and then save/loading the game

// There might be issue where Air Filter gets stuck when trying to remove it... My suggestion is to buy Racing Carbs and throw the whole stock thing into a lake.

What coords do i put in to move the shit truck home? I crashed it on the highway and then got struck by a car, leaving the van there too.

I haven't set it up to move stuff yet, but some of the other editors can. You can get the coordinates by clicking on the map.

Trying to change air filter so I can remove it from stock carbs new patch.

I sent in my order, and fuccboi called me about it, but how do I get him to ring it up and give it to me my order?

can someone post the edited map.dds

>no link in the old thread
I was scared. Don't ever do that again.

satsuma.booru.org

>delivered envelope
>wait a week
>no call from shopkeeper
>can't make new envelope with catalogue
what do i do? can i edit my save and fix it?

>seen all these screenshots of anons' cars absolutely destroyed after being towed
>wonder how someone could fuck up towing a car that badly
>need to tow the Ferndale home
>hook up and being my drive
>look in my side mirrors to see the fuckin thing drifting side to side and bouncing off of the ditches and rocks and shit
>god damn thing is on the roof by the time I make it home

Now I understand

just tow behind the shit truck and swerve a bit. It'll come around.

Just go to the shop, your stuff is there.

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, if I punched my windshield out in a fit of rage, is there a way to get a new one?

Why you dont open the bag in the van. And then tow it. And then get hit by a log truck and the other van.

It's not

>Mechanic
>Replace windshield option

How do you not know this?

also make sure to have about 2-4 thousand mk its roughly around that price

Also, only one shopping bag can exist at a time. If you have an intact bag and then go buy more stuff, it just ends up in that one bag.

Same error. Trying to increase money from 470 to 500 so I can partake in the rally.

> no Steam discount
> why live

For anyone who missed it, latest version

http
://www.mediafire.com/file/3eejei9qz3t68dj/My_Summer_Car.rar

Where do I put music and images?

Put Track1.ogg - Track99.ogg into the Radio folder, and put the images in the image folder, renaming the files properly. For car skins it needs to be car.png

steamapps/common/mysummercar/images for paintjobs, posters and license photos
/radio for music
/steamapps should be in your program folder unless you put it somewhere else.

I'm not getting that error. Could you upload your save file somewhere for me?

>hear OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ as I drive out of mechanic onto the highway
>"It's probably nothing"
>suddenly green amisfaggot rams into me at breakneck speeds
>the sewage truck I was driving is flipped onto the fucking side
WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

>+10 fps with new update
Fucking sweeeeet. Now instead of slideshow i can enjoy it with console cinematic experience.

you can push it's wheels. I managed to flip it over by positioning it on an incline on the side of the road.

I ramped of a Saab.

there is an invoice on the counter at the shop, you have to pay it first.

easiest way to order parts:

>wake up early
>bring sausages, beer and enough money to pay for parts.
>drive to shop
>put envelope in mailbox
>wait around in town for 10-15 minutes
>have a wank (optional)
>check shop, invoice is on desk
>pay, pick up parts and drive home

>Failed inspection
>Go home to put on missing parts
>Die
>Alt +F4 and reload save
>Go to inspection
>Fail
>repeated at least 3 times before i got a grasp of how autistic i was being

I haven't slept in roughly 30 hours as of now

>tfw parts come in

I've spent more time playing this game than gta 5.

Do I have to remove the entire engine block to get the fan belt back in or something? It doesn't want to go on the car

ALL I WANT IS TO GET MY CAR TO THE MECHANIC BECAUSE I CANT GET EVERYTHING SET PROPERLY BUT THE THING DIES 343453653456345 TIMES BEFORE IT GETS THERE, THE OIL DRAINS IN A HEARTBEAT EVEN THOUGH EVERYTHINGS BOLTED DOWN PROPERLY ASDSFADSADSFADSDFG FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

>oil drains in a heartbeat
make sure the oil drain plug is tightened underneath your engine.

Aim it better, you can put it whenever fuck you want.
Can you just use wiki guide? It's not dark souls, you can't get "cool points" in this game and talk shit in /dsg/. This game is about realism and people in real life using manuals to get shit done, especially when they have no fucking idea how it works.
Even if you assemble everything, you need to tune carb so your pistons won't fly away during first 2 minutes of driving. Adjust engine valves, so it could rev up properly without stalling. Adjust wheels, so you could steer left and right when you want. Adjust fan belt, so it won't snap after 10 kilometers.

I already did most of the adjustments felt I could do. The valves are fine, the carb's decent (maybe?) but the steering won't align properly, and I'm not sure what's going on with the oil (I know for sure I bolted the one at the bottom, ) so I figured, just take it to the mechanic and let him sort things out.

are you leaving a trail of sausages in case you get lost in the wilderness?

You have no idea what you're doing.
There is 8 bolts on the oil pan and 1 drain plug at the bottom, also you need to screw in oil filter, works same as spark plugs. But it won't matter, because there is probably shit tons of bolts and nuts you missed on everything else.
Also, mechanic can only repair brakes and broken pistons. Everything else you need to tighten manually anyway.

i just bought this game, going into it blind

what can I expect? starter tips?

The van is slippery.

>Can run overwatch at 60 fps on the lowest settings
>Can't get more than 47 in this game with lowest

Optimization update fucking when

HOLD mouse buttons to close doors, not just click it, fuck.

frustration at first, but if you persist and take your time it will be followed by an immense feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.

drive slowly until you git gud. you will die. always travel with a case of beer. backup your saves to minimize frustration.

Requesting someone post the picture of their optimal controller scheme again. Found a program that actually works for windows 10, as opposed to xpadder.

Well he fixed some with the last update, game runs a bit better. Also, i don't think quality option it the launcher actually does anything, because it runs at "shitty" same as at "Golden eye". Looks like it's just texture quality and anisotropic filtering, which is barely do anything for game performance.

>my dick ass friend wants to come over and watch shit on the internet again
I'm never getting this car finnished.

That sounds familiar

What are you watching? Do you cuddle during that?

noted

good to know

almost like in real life, except that satisfaction and accomplishment never comes

MKB or 360 controller?

I have an i5 2500k, 8gb DDR3 and a GTmeme970, can I run it smoothly on goldeneye?

>no achievement for dunking
took me forever to master the double jump and I get no credit for it.

>MKB or 360 controller?
Pretty much the same, it's just become much easier to control brakes and throttle with controller. Just turn off dynamic shadows when fps goes to shit, those are shitty and always glitching like fuck anyway.

Except I made absolutely sure everything was bolted down. Thanks CheckMyBolts. Oil Filter is on too. Nothing is on the shelf except for the clock gauge that I don't have room for, and the subwoofer panel because I don't have subwoofers, so I used the regular back panel. I've been following the wiki to a T so far, but I wanted help from the mechanic. But I obviously messed something up somewhere, so getting there is frustrating. What's got you worked up over some /v/ rage anyway?

>almost like in real life, except that satisfaction and accomplishment never comes
this is why we play immersive games to escape real life

>MKB or 360 controller?
tried both, I prefer mkb, but you need to lower the steering helper settings

>can I run it smoothly on goldeneye?
probably, I get 60fps most of the time on medium using a 960m

Last night we watched kubo, I was not ready for that. We usually watch walking dead, westworld and those dc tv shows.
We don't have that sort of relationship.

When you did everything right and something immediately breaks, that means you actually didn't.

>Alternator - 1x7mm (once you put on the carburetor 4x8mm), 1x10mm, 1x Screwdriver (Put the Fan Belt on before you tighten the Alternator. Tighten the two bolts to secure the alternator, then adjust the belt tension by scrolling the mouse wheel while looking at the alternator to change the alternator position. Rotate it until the pulley is touching the belt, then tighten the screw. Once the engine is installed and running, come back and properly adjust the alternator position with the engine running by loosening that screw again. Loosen the belt tension (scroll down on alternator) until the belt starts to squeal, then tighten it just enough it stops. If your fan belt is too tight it will eventually snap.)
aaaaAAAAAA

>finally got my GT driving force to work with MSC
>can't actually steer for shit

holy shit is this normal
i also don't get any force feedback, even though i know for a fact that the springs and shit work fine

does this thing just outright not work with MSC?

I'm using a driving force gt i plugged it in and it worked perfectly with this game

did it work right out of the box? because I have to keep the logitech profiler shit open with the properties to even get the wheel to unlock while i play

how do i turn off the handbrake? the assigned key does nothing nor does the actual handle

Well i had to go into game controllers then properties to get it to stop forcing center then i just set the controls in game and started playing

Right click. The button works the same as in any other driving game.

It's for maaad skids. It engages on how much pressure you put on the key but if you engage it without the key manually you have to disengage it manually. Wish it allowed that but it would make doing a quick hard 90 degree turn complicated/weird

i figured it out after i posted and promptly died

sauna works by simply turning on the lights?

Anyone else not getting any phone calls after the update? i even slept with the phone plugged in no drunk guy requesting a ride.

Yep, game sitting on idle for about 30 minutes, still nothing

Same save from previous update?

halp

fucking engine block won't get on the hoist
I tighten the bolts and it just jumps in the air for a second and sets back down
what do

yes, i'm going to assume i have to start a new game now.

lower the hoist buttfuck

keep on putting it together boi you cant put it on the hoist till a certain point not too sure when that is

You literally don't have to do this you can throw the engine away in the lake and it will teleport back onto the hoist fine

it's hopeless

pushing doesn't help

You can still do tasks without getting phone calls. Some guy tested it with shitters, and multiple people report regularly that no phone call is necessary to pick up parts.

Well after the previous update didn't let me do that

Get in the back and jump around pushing and shit that will do the trick and if that doesn't work try fucking with pushing the wheels that sometimes launches it

You can hoist only fully assembled engine.
Just make backup and test it, who knows maybe it's broken for good.
Just start over, it's going to take at least 5 attempts.

What about the new jobs?

>fully assembled
Kinda, you have to have at least the headers on since they have one of the mounting points for the hoist bolts

They'll automatically come in. As soon as the shitters fill, they'll pay you to empty them regardless of whether they asked you to or not. Make sure you wait until they're completely full though. Don't know how long it generally takes.

>Finally get my car rally-ready
>It's sunday
Fuck. Any way to skip time?

TV and peer.

How do I jack car
I do not want to ram with tractor

I thought the TV only increases fatigue if it's night-time

is there anything in the universe more frustrating than flipping the van on the way back from a grocery run

>driving the van to grocery shop
cross over and make the switch to muscle car like I did. left that shitty van at the repair, and now I do all my grocery shopping with superior muscle magic.

pros:
-faster
-always starts first try
-looks better
-better gas gas mileage
-harder to flip
-sounds mean as fuck
-american

cons:
-less space(shouldn't matter if you buy all your upgrades
-harder to control
-automatic

Pro tips for not having to take the shitty muscle car

>Tow satsuma to mechanic with van
>Drop off
>Pay for shit
>Take van home
>Get call
>Go to mechanic
>Leave van
>Take Satsuma

And now any future trips to the mechanic you don't have to deal with the muscle car

any reason why i cant buy bug spray?

>car breaks down
>have to tow using shit truck or tractor
>you now have 3 of your vehicles at the mechanic at the same time

Any way to tell the time? I wanna get hammered at the pub.

Also, how do you break into the store?

-clock in your kitchen
-lean through wall and unlock door or go through pub

>that feel when green bastard ruins your satsuna minutes after you managed to build it for the first time

i broke the window at the store, but he saw me and gave me a fine of 2750
can i break it at night and steal shit without him knowing?

On the wiki it says you can't take shit however you can turn on the pumps, and any fuel you take he will charge you later, he might even call you up.