/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe only for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
If you don't have a PSP game for Adrenaline access, your only option is to use a PS3 to download from PSN then transfer to the Vita. Demos cannot transfer, only full PSP games and PS minis will work.
-Adrenaline released. [Gist] readme.txt (embed)
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cE8EmydS)
wololo.net/2016/11/23/switchkaku-updated-v1-02-reset-email-feature-added/
plail.ueuo.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php
plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh
youtube.com/watch?v=qdcN_JoktiI
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-awakening-same-sex-marriage-more.404061/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

switchax when?

What are the fans on each side even for?

Fruitsnax when?

Oh well i will copy and paste ( since its cooler ) the question i asked while the previous thread was reaching the bump limit.

Stupid question but i have been out of the 3ds scene for around 6 months or so. I just updated my a9lh and its working fine.

I have been reading the pastebins and focusing in one (pastebin.com/cE8EmydS) and i just found out that now we can download tickets directly from the cucks and it is even advertised as the best method, even better than downloading the cia from 3dsiso.

Now the question lies in if that really is the case i mean if i have to look at objectively it seems like a bad idea, but it would be comfy as fuck, ready to fuck us up sooner or later. Now having said that should i really go for the CIAngel meme or just continue dowloading cias in the old school way?

TL;DR: Are the tickets really the best, and most secure, way to download games for the 3ds or is it better to keep lurking and downloding from 3dsiso?.

Is the homebrew channel going open source worth putting in the OP some time?

wololo.net/2016/11/23/switchkaku-updated-v1-02-reset-email-feature-added/
Eh.

will the wii u get cheaper or more expensive over time ?

>PSN on 3.60 never ever

So how long has browserhax been down because I can't use it to get Homebrew going and install httpwn

Check the other thread.

plail.ueuo.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

>Adrenaline released. [Gist] readme.txt (embed)

what did he mean by this?

If I put a hard drive in my PS2 to play Japanese games, how much will I have to worry about compatibility? Most of the lists I'm finding don't seem to have the obscure shit I care about.

>flashed
>hacked
>cracked
>jailbroken
what is the correct term for enabling unsigned applications?

kernel access

I haven't done anything with my Vita since I put some games on it back when it was first available to do. I think I'm going to take a break from my 3DS and see what this adrenaline and stuff is all about.

The guides for everything are all in the pastebin right?

My German is a little rusty, but I think it roughly translates as "retards too lazy to read a readme don't deserve shit".

>flashed
When you've permanently installed some variety of modified firmware to the system.
>hacked
>cracked
Any kind of privilege escalation exploit.
>jailbroken
When the system explicitly uses a software jail/sandbox that you're using privilege escalation to escape.

Thanks user the Pro and Anti Freeshop statements are confusing.

Now if i understood it well freeshop is better than ciangel, so i should go with it, and the worst that it can happen is that i will have to go back to download .cia from 3dsiso and it is highly unlikely to be banned in the future for exploiting the servers ilegally or whatever?.

I mean it seems to good to be true. Thanks!.

If that is the case

more expensive I think

And it says that the broswer cannot be used at this time. Well how fucked am I?

*Any kind of privilege escalation exploit that gains arbitrary code execution, I should say.

interested in downloading swapdoodle but I don't see it on freeshop
what's the deal

on short term it'll get a lot cheaper but after a few years the price is going to skyrocket

both me and my friend can't find smtiv apocalypse on freeshop. anyone else having this issue?

Freeshop for Vita when?

>I just updated my a9lh and its working fine.
I installed a9lh when it was released quite some months ago and came back to hbg now. What do you mean by updating a9lh, what update and what is it for? Or do you mean you didn't have it before and installed it now?

DUMP STEINS;GATE 0 RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

So, when are we gonna add a warning that it could be your last chance to purchase DSiWare from the US and EU eShop?

Never ever because Sony isn't completely incompetent when it comes to that sort of thing. Just very incompetent.

I meant this user plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh

youtube.com/watch?v=qdcN_JoktiI
I wish I had melee to play on thanksgiving...

too bad its now 60 bucks to get a copy.

>Black Friday 3DS, $99
>Bottom IPS only

Sasuga. DESU I'm surprised it has one at all. It came with 11.0 if anyone's wondering. It is a great looking unit.

>on short term it'll get a lot cheaper
can i ask why? I thought they stopped production?

Freeshop and CIAngel obtain files from the exact same location (CDN). Only difference is the interface. All files are legit and nintendo has no means of detecting how legit a title is once its on your system.

Is PSN spoofing ever coming back? I'm almost updating my Vita, no point in playing with no online

Sissy anime boys get out now!

>homebrew and hacking general
>he doesn't have a modded wii

All shitposters need to get out.
Is there a reason we have mutt 3dses? I have a top TN and bottom IPS screen ds and I don't really get it, what's the point in having TN just on one screen rather than both or vice versa?

I am so pissed that Amazon put it up early. I had Amazon gift card money for it.

>wii

Well my 3DS's browser says "Cannot Use Browser At This Time" whenever I try to connect. So what do I do now? Oothax? The Pokemon ORAS hax?

>installing a9lh
>get to the part where you configure Luma
>black screen on boot
>arm9loaderhax.bin is there and working according the the test payload in troubleshooting
>no config.bin to delete and reset
>nothing from trying to boot hourglass9
>nothing from deleting home menu's extdata and taking out the cartridge

Is there something missing that I was supposed to copy over from the original luma folder? The guide only said to copy arm9loaderhax.bin over and make a new luma folder.

Well if you think about it, it at least alleviates the fact that you can't really angle the bottom screen. It definitely benefits from the wider viewing angle.

I just waited an hour at Toys 'R' Us, kind of my preferred place for a not completely insane sell out. But they only had like 12 of the damn thing, so it did go quick.

So what's the Wii U CFW capable of atm?

And is the getting games 3DS-tier retard friendly?

So now that Fieldrunners is pulled, will people who already purchased it lose it after one system transfer?

>So what's the Wii U CFW capable of atm?
without cfw, you can pirate games that have been released in disc form. with cfw, you can pirate games that are digital only, including virtual console titles. cfw so far just patches the signature checks
>And is the getting games 3DS-tier retard friendly?
no, not even close. it's not worth the effort at the moment

Try google.

>no, not even close. it's not worth the effort at the moment
i meant to say that getting and setting up cfw isn't retard easy or worth it. pirating games is easily doable without cfw. google "wii u brazilian method"

Brazilian hax is even more retard friendly
RedNAND is an absolute headache, wait until SALT releases a proper one in christmas

So i should go with Freeshop since it has the better gui and it seems to be updated more frequently?.

So the downloaded cia from freeshop is as legit as the retail copies downloaded from other sites?. For example it would be better to download pokemon sumo from the freeshop than the retail copy from 3dsiso if i want to go online?.

What about the cia updates ( and dlc ) since i downloaded from the freeshop the shop itself updates it or do i have to look for update.cia for whatever game i want to play?.

Eshop has the download later option. Much better in case freeshop freezes.

Yeah I saw the brazillian method and it seems easy but I'd rather wait until RedNAND + CFW for piracy.

Not particularly keen on going through the hassle that seems to be RedNAND atm.

Thanks guys

>want to install this mod?
>ok here's some instructions
>across like 3 links
>and some of the shit is outdated or doesn't work anymore
i just want my /u/ emblem

Anyine got the complete demon gaze dlc? Need muh prinny

Use whatever one you want. The download from freeshop/cia is identical to the other releases.
Freeshop also handles all updates and DLC.

glad we have a thread for this kinda thing on Veeky Forums. what modded consoles do you guys own?

Okay I have all 3 files needed to unban myself? Where do I put the files so Decrypt9 can read them? Do they have to be in a folder?

SD:/files9/

Thanks

pls respond
need US btw

Dont know if its been said, I got my $99 N3DS and its on 11.1.0-34U

I know is a shit general, but did you try asking on /feg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg

The feels of no steins gate on hen.

Please Chinese give back our past.

what does ctr httpwn work with if not menuhax?

top screen is TN, and that's the only one that matters to me. you're a lucky guy, user.

My cock.

I asked if anyone had a pre-patch of it, but they're too busy being waifufaggots to respond.

Hey, this should sell for an extra $50 easily, and I'll even hack it via system transfer.

it's a meme at this point

Hey, has anyone actually done a system transfer to install CFW on an n3ds? I know there's the guide, and I already have a hacked (al9h) o3ds. I'm just curious to hear people's experiences with it.

i can't believe you actually considered going to /feg/ for help. what hack are you looking at, haven't played FE after 13.

I want mary skelter and dt2-2 ;_;

I'll lose internet access for a few weeks, got 5 gigs free, should I get 7th dragon, xenoblade, persona q or pokemon sumo? Any other good jrpgs? Already got smt iv, smt iv A and etrian untold 1.

Neither can I.
It's this one, which also comes with extra supports other than gay shit.
gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-awakening-same-sex-marriage-more.404061/

yeah, both 3DSes won't have access to the game because their eshop data gets reset during a system format/transfer. Not even restoring the NAND backup allows you to re-download it because of Nintendo's purchases tied to system setup.

Get 7th dragon and Stella Glow undub and don't look back user

untold 2 is better than 1, consider devil survivor 1/2 as well, xenoblade port is shit, emulate 7th dragon before playing III, also
>sumo

>fieldrunners for psp acts as exploit point for vita ecfw
>dsiware version key component of 11.0 3ds downgrade
makes you wonder

>want to browserhax 10.7.0 n3ds
>reddit says I need to blacklist Nintendo update IP address
>the router my ISP gave me is for normies and software doesn't let me blacklist specific ips

REEEEEEEEEEEE

any reason why vitashell/molecule wouldn't update to 1.42? if i delete vitashell and reinstall it, it'll update from 1.40 to 1.41

what happens if i system transfer from a a9lh 3ds to a stock 3ds?
what happens if vice versa?

I thought Browserhax doesn't work anymore for 10.7? I had to get Cubicninja to do mine.

Is the Black Friday $100 3ds hackable?

works again

>Vita start to have games again
>no one can play them
Damn the irony

read the thread. the black friday is 11.0

odds i update

evens i stay at 3.60

I'm kinda posting from my cell phone from a store, I think 11 is hackable right?

It will happen but not soon.

It is if you can hardmod

Question about system transfer, can I use freeshop for the exploitable game?

Do it.

So just buy it and let it sit in a box?

What does hard mode mean? Is it still just following a guide?

>Purchase one of the following exploitable DSiWare games (a pirated copy of the game will not work) on the source 3DS

Sure you can, the guide just says you can't because the author wants to fuck with people.

I thought pirated as in CIA with unique headers, not as in Freeshop that generates legitimate keys and headers.

Anyway, eshop it is

It means using this to put wirings on the internal circuit to access directly the system memory and storage

yeah im gonna stay

Hardmod, not hard mode. Short for hardware mod. Requires soldering to the 3DS motherboard.