/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
>Skyrim Special Edition has been released, and the original SKSE will not work with it. We are currently investigating the application to create a SKSE64 build for the Special Edition. This will not be a fast process. The update to 64-bits means a lot of investigation and changes. Much like the work that has gone into F4SE this will take a tremendous amount of effort. We appreciate your patience while this work continues. We have no timeline for a release. - the SKSE team 29 October 2016

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampire
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Waifs and lore living in harmony

Ulfric was doing just fine with that until the Empire stepped in and made him stop.
It's true. If elf magic was strong enough to best Nords then 500 men would have never been able to reclaim Skyrim.

Nice how do I get a draenei in my skyrim?

>CIVIL WAR

I didn't know about Wulf.
>He is actually an aspect of Tiber Septim.
>"The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."

Stormcloaks/Cap wear mainly blue, fight for I dividual freedom.

Ironman/Imperials wear mostly red, fight for peace through submission.

Coincidence? Yea, probably.

You do realize Ysgramor and his companions fought snow elves, a relatively small elven civilization that was very frost-oriented when it came to their use of magic?

>find mod you want
>links is to loverslab

goddamnitfuckingshit

Horns+blue skin+glowing eyes

Don't know about the hoofs though

A beautiful skyscape ruined by a hideous Nexus whore. What a shame.

We talk?

>blue
>individual freedom

>red
>forced submission/compliance

found the libtard.

>Nords are so awesome that they can uppercut people into the moon and they have 17 inch cocks that they use as clubs when otherwise unarmed!

If they really were these gods among men, why haven't they effortlessly won the civil war?

There are nords on both sides.

1. There were more than 500 snow elves
2. I never heard of them favoring frost magic (the Betrayed use it along with lightning, but most malicious beings do as well)

Because the Empire is actually a tool for the Thalmor. Anyone who read those files found in the hidden wall safe in the Embassy knows this.

Because some Nords sided with the Empire. The only reason the Empire even has a chance is because they still have some Nords. God.

>voted for Trump
>libtard
Nah

>Hall so long I can't even render it from the far side
Love it

>He doesn't remember Dawnguard and the fucking Cryomancer Vampire Falmer

You have proof of who you are and who you voted for, libtard?

The Jarl of Whiterun put up a bounty to slay a restless undead deep in the bowels of Dimhollow Crypt. I bumped into another after the same coin; said his name was Haar. Just "Haar". Nords are strange.

Nevertheless, Haar and I agreed it made sense to team up and split the coin and loot, 50/50. I'd entered similar arrangements before and made out alright; it's always nice to have my back watched by someone besides myself for a change.

He was a vampire

This is getting ridiculous. I demand to see these sources that claim nords to be some sort of ubermensch that effortlessly knock the other races around. So far there's only the landing of the Companions and their conquest of the snow elves.

>I demand a SOURCE!!
>but not that one, that doesn't count

Don't bother; snowniggers believe themselves to be gods amongst men despite being shit tier

Dimhollow Crypt is in the southwest of Dawnstar Hold on the border with Whiterun Hold, far up in the mountains. Traveling from Whiterun (that's the city) was going to be an undertaking unto itself.

Enjoy splitting you 100 septims 50/50

unless this is one of those few bounties for 500 septims

which is still a shit amount

seriously, why risk your fucking life for less than you make in a day of smithing/mining iron armor and looting rights?

If you claim that Nords are the bestest EVER, you kind of have to back that up with more than "They beat up this one race this one time!"

Or are Bretons supermen too because they sacked Orsinium?

>>but not that one, that doesn't count

Just take one look through the Lore:Nord page on UESP and you'll see a history of conquest and domination. Only thing that could stop them was a Dwemer/Chimmer alliance and the fucking Wild Hunt.

He was also the Falmer Pope and an accomplished mage.

Being a vampire doesn't allow you to turn invaders into ice sculptures, to be reanimated at the snap of a finger.

Also doesn't let you tear down the frozen ceiling with magic.

And several flavors of Empire.

You see a history of conquest and domination for every fucking race except the beast races.

Being a vampire still gives you a great affinity for ice magic, and he did all those things you mentioned as a vampire.
I wouldn't call allying themselves with the Empire "being stopped."

On our way across the tundra we were ambushed by a group of bandits. We made short work of them and divvied up their valuables between us.

The funs, user. Varen is not a smith, anyway and besides, a large amount of the reward is loot on location.

It stopped because the last descendant of Ysgramor got killed. They rode on the coat tails of a powerful mythic figure.

Claiming that Nords are great because of that is like claiming the men of the Alessian Empire were great because Pelinal completely wrecked the Ayleids.

>blinking right as the picture is snapped
yup, that's haar alright

>Being a vampire still gives you a great affinity for ice magic
Canon source?

I see frost res listed as a perk of being a vampire, nothing about empowering ice magic.

He looks like he's about to sneeze. Or he just remember he left his keys on the nightstand.

On the road into the mountains, we came upon a merryman and his broken down carriage. Against Haar's advice, I decided to help him by convincing the nearby farmer to fix his wheel.

>people unironically care about SJW capeshit

There must be a reason all draugr, skeletons, and vampires use ice magic the most. There's nothing that outright explains why but you can't deny it's a trend.

Draugr and skeletons are most often dead nords.

Waifus
Lore
HARMONY

Tell me about the valuables.

Yup. They took over all of northern Tamriel. They would have moved to Cyrodil, but they decided not to because of mountains and Cyrodil basically not being worth their time. They stailmated against the Chimer/Dwemer alliances, but each of those two races alone were pretty top tier, and they had to join forces just to stop, not even really defeat the Nords. They only joined the empire because their leader at the time was a dragon born badass who was such a badass that he caught the Nords eye and they said "yea, we can follow this guy, he's a badass."

I see frost res listed as a perk of being a Nord, nothing about empowering ice magic.

So you don't have a canon source, you're just making assumptions.

Glad we can move on then.

What province(s) will/should Elder Scrolls 6 take place in?

We were forced to set up camp for the night at the foot of the mountains. Haar had a bit of mead he was willing to share with me. It's no sujamma or mazte, but honestly... not bad.

Just some septims and a bit of enchanted gear. Nothing worth using, but I know a lady in whiterun that'll give me a fair swing for the weapons at least.

Hammerfell
Swordsinging with anime tier exaggerated sword animations

Like most TES discussions, yes sometimes you must make assumptions. And you still did not nor can not deny that vampires favor ice magic.

In a slightly unrelated note, is there a decent Skyrim name generator out there? I need a decent Nord fem name.

Masser, and maybe Secunda.

Enemies also favor getting caught on the landscape. Are they earth mages?

That's not really true, though. Vampires will most often drain life instead of casting frost spells. It's necromancers that almost always resort to frost magic.

I dunno but UESP catalogs the name of each NPC in each game by race, so you can just check out the list of Bloodmoon NPCs or something.

Except they clearly don't since they're listed as having access to and using lightning magic fairly often.

The only magic they have an affinity for are the spells granted to them by vampirism. I don't see a single ice or lightning or fire spell listed.

Stop pulling bullshit out of your ass and actually pay attention to the source material for once.

If you don't have something worth saying, why even post?
True, but of the three elements the male class vampires still favor ice over fire and lightning.

On our way through the mountains, the cold became almost too much to bear. We were fortunate enough to stumble upon a lodge at what felt like our final moment...

I hope Hammerfell.

Please be bait

uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampire

Ice spike and Chill Touch are listed on vampire NPCs, and some higher level vampires do indeed use lightning bolt but not as many as Ice spike.

Stop pulling bullshit out of your ass and actually pay attention to the source material for once.

>If you don't have something worth saying, why even post?
Just ignore those kind of posts.

Where the fuck is that?

Space

Those are the moons.

...the lodge, however, turned out to be the "Hall of the Vigilant". As an Armiger in Skyrim, I try not to make my ties to the Temple obvious and this is one of the reasons why; Daedra worship isn't taken to kindly in all parts of Tamriel.

Still, I believe they had their suspicions and now that I am more familiar with this group, I will know to watch out for them.

It could be argued that undead have an affinity for frost due to the "chill of the grave" trope. But even still, none have demonstrated such a mastery over frost magic as Vyrthur, which would imply it comes from his snow elf heritage.

>these npc's learned spells
>that means all vampires learn these spells naturally!

you're fucking retarded. Lets take a look at the spells granted by vampirism:

>Vampiric Drain
>Vampire's Servant
>Vampire's Sight
>Vampire's Seduction
>Embrace of Shadows

Huh. Not a single ice or lightning or fire spell.

Weird.

I guess since Dunmer Necromancers, and Brelyna can use ice magic then Dunmber must have a natural affinity for ice magic!

It's where the giants are from.

Haar and I finally made it to our destination, but were unable to make any progress deeper into the dungeon.

Because stupid god damn Dimhollow Crypt is locked out until a certain point in Dawnguard. Fuck.

>proves vampires use ice magic more than any other element
>"you're retarded!"
>"y-you're wrong!"
Fucking hell m8, can you get more thick

Here's your (You)

I could tear up this post but I don't feel like playing fallacy police tonight. I'll just do what the others did and tell you to fuck off.

Just as Todd envisioned.

Then don't play fallacy police.
Either prove or disprove the argument with logic and reason, not subject yourself to a fallacy fallacy.

First you need to prove that vampires don't use ice magic more than any other element. It's like said, it could be nothing more than the "chill of the grave" trope, but that doesn't make it untrue.

wat

it's a joke about an old meme

Volkihar vampires, in lore, are supposed to be heavily tied to ice, with a unique ability to phase in and out of it.

Of course with Dawnguard they ruined that. Because every time they introduce something previously only discussed in text, they fuck it all up.

I hope to never visit Akavir.

The irony of this all is just SO DELICIOUS. I could eat it with a fork and a knife. Eventually I'll say "No thanks, this irony is far too rich for me, I'm watching my weight and this is just sinful." Then I'll have to go on an irony diet.

>old meme
That's how you lose about 50% of Veeky Forums users in a conversation. Once you bring up an old meme, they're all question marks.

Sometimes I guess when you're out adventuring there may be scenarios where you can't progress through an area. It would all be so much more authentic if you didn't know the bullshit reasoning behind it in the game.

But I agree they use ice more than other elements.
I'm just saying that just because you call something a fallacy doesn't win the argument.

have a (you), it's what you seem to want

it's a holiday in burgerland, i feel generous

Gods bless that goofy little manlet.

I remember reading about the voice in Pocket Guide 1st Edition and thinking about how cool it sounded. Haha.

The undead that's been terrorizing the Hold enough to put up a gold reward for it's death is nowhere to be found, almost as if there was no way it could have bothered anyone to begin with...

You guys are arguing over something retarded. It's obvious that vampires have an afinity for ice magic like all death related things like undead or necromancers. It's also obvious that the snow elf dude is extremly adept with ice magic seeing how he can do crazy shit with ice that is at a way higher level than other vampires. Does that mean 100% that snow elves used primarily ice magic? No, for all we know it could be just that specific elf but it's highly probably that SNOW elves living in the coldest region of tameriel used lots of ice magic

You said "Brelyna and Necromancers use ice magic so Dunmer must have an affinity for ice magic."
Brelyna and Necromancers aren't most Dunmer, dipshit.

Did you get that quest from the Notice Board by chance?

I didn't say shit man, you're too assblasted to understand I told you I only joined this conversation to tell you to fuck off with your fallacy fallacy.
The guy you've been arguing with already dropped it. Stop acting like a hothead child, throwing insults to appear like you're tough shit.

Still nothing of substance, huh?

Guess you really are just a lying asshole. Must suck to be you, knowing that there are human beings out there actually doing something for the community and getting popular doing it - and knowing that a fuckhead like you would never have the intelligence or creativity to do the same. I'm sorry you fail so much at life - go take a pottery class at your local community college, that may make you feel a little better.

Dumbfuck.

Yeah, pretty sure I did. Although, aren't the quests it gives you, at least the bounty ones, just the vanilla radiant quests?

What's the best way for a shitter like me to play as a qt femboy trap?

No, a good handful of quests go places they really shouldn't go for danger of breaking the game. I've gotten Dimhollow before, but even worse than that I got Kolbjorn from fucking Whiterun. Not only was it ridiculous that I was sent to go kill Azhidal on a completely different island, but it also broke the whole dungeon because it made me unable to talk to the guy who digs out the door for you.

Okay first of all I said I wouldn't play fallacy police because I agree that it's a petty thing to do in an argument. Second of all, you seem pretty mad, and I have a hard time believing you would interject yourself into this discussion just to say that. It makes you seem like a hothead child, throwing insults to appear like someone else because you lost an argument. It's okay, you're anonymous here.

>all this terrible understanding on vampire lore

This reeks of semen.

Shut the fuck up with this cringy shit, faggot.

@161048301
Here's your (You)

>I don't feel like playing fallacy police tonight
Good. This whole fallacy meme is reddit tier anyway and it needs to die already.

I'm mad because you went on attacking me when I made it pretty clear that was my first comment in this entire argument.
Now you suddenly change face and act like a passive aggressive little faggot for getting called on your shit?
Get bent.

You didn't make it clear at all. As the sole person responding to my response, why would I assume that you were a different person? You're acting like Morrowindow Licker, sticking your nose in other people's discussions and getting all uppity when they assume you actually belong in the argument.

Good to know.