Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What slot will the jugger arcana go into?

sword or mask

pet

what if its a cape

>no pizzagate hero

?

who cares it'll be shit anyway

twitch
.tv/dota2vods247

ig vs dk game 2 ti2

>skinny godz

looks just my ex... I miss him

Is there a term for heroes that largely build survival items due to having a skillset that benefits from staying alive longer?

is it time for *that* game

nobody cares about your reddit bullshit

its more about just calling them durable, tanky or mobility heavy
use adjectives instead and its alot easier to describe what heroes can and can't do

red pill: carry isn't an actual role

Cancer

Those don't describe leshrac because leshrac isn't naturally durable.

real red pill: carry is the easiest role

its somewhat interchangable with 'core', so yes thats partially true

well navi vs lgd is coming after this

>iG played 2 bo3 and 1 bo5 that day and won International

kys

>he plays dota

Competitive Overthrow when?

no but you werent asking that were you? he BUILDS durability/immunity/or mobility (occassional blink)
like when describing lesh, you would say he is a dmg dealer, pretty much, but he builds items that lets him get into the fight and live longer, and mana items so he can farm on the map whilst still being able to join fights.

red pill: the only real roll is support bitch

fuck off NEETsexual scum

actually i was mistaking it with iG vs DK @ TI3
you know, ***that*** game

>all these newfags watching old pro dota games and realizing how shit they/dota was compared to today

honestly fucking present day CoL could have beaten ti1/2 teams

>Is there a term for heroes that largely BUILD survival items

>CoL
let's not go too far

I disagree, the peak of dota was TI3 and shortly before and after that.

Before was mostly the scene developing, after that is the crash and we're currently witnessing the downfall of competitive dota and dota in general not only as an esport but as a game with any sort of integrity towards it's own future.

Valve has said in multiple interviews that there are barely any people working on Dota anymore and they've been using it largely as an experimental game. Get ready to play Dota 1 again when they fire icefrog to save costs and (((take the game in a new exiting direction.)))

I watched that live dude, I just forgot how bad they were 4 years ago

then the answer is: not really, so you call him a dmg dealer that needs to build survivability and manareg for farming (if played as core)

>Valve has said in multiple interviews that there are barely any people working on Dota anymore
link

>play unranked and random WK
>enemy counterpicks with AM
Who the fuck are these people who tryhard to much

I need that godz slam asia 2013 pic

welcome to unranked
its more sesrious than ranked

if dota has been dead for 3 years then why do I still love the game
check mate atheists

Hey!

>implying he doesn't drive some chink offbrand shitbox

dota 2 team is literally icefrog bruno and like 2 guys they manage to rip away from doing things. Oh and 1 more guy to handle item sets/chests.

except for TI when they gather up the staff again

benaroya hall was so much comfier than key arena

The point of this question is that the gulag hates it when people call heroes "tanks" so I'm wondering what they should be called instead.

this game is a zombie, walking dead

literally impossible to play because of the fucking braindead teamates; the pro scene is alive yea, thanks to the retards spending money on compendium

sad death to a once great game

well, at least we still have the custom games even though they (the public ones) are populated by many braindead aswell

>watch ti2
>graphics look better

i miss the old map and graphics

Dota IMBA is a bizzare land where Queen of Pain is a tank and Huskar is a nuker.

I miss the old map too. Looks like fucking LoL now.

synderen's accent is odd

a 'tank' is someone that seeks out to be in the frontline to benefit his team
someone like leshracs HAS to be in the frontline to do his thing, but if it were up to him he would not be there because he doesnt have the ability to deal with him, so he can only go about it that way when his team has superior teamfight, when they get a superior opening or he has more farm than the enemy team and the right items in terms of hp, armor, magic immunity or a euls
thats why 'tank' is so unfitting when you think of how its normally used for champs in LoL and in WoW
a tide can be called a tank because he wants to get in their faces, and he can deal with it, and most of the time is happy to die for his team if it leads to a good ult, but leshrac needs to LIVE while frontlining
dark seer and earth shaker are also initatiors, but they want to use their spells then gtfo out of there, and then re-initiate if the oppourtunity arises
tl;dr 'tank' normally implies a selfless, sometimes wreckles position in order to trade your life or your safety for the good of the team, and thats not lesh unless you use your death to overwhelmingly win the fight and get objectives like forced buybacks, towers, rosh or rax afterwards
okay that wasnt tl;dr but who gives a shit

>Dota 2 is the only game I play other than the occasional RPGs or truly AAA releases like GTA
>Dota 2 is dying
>Pretty soon I will be down to just playing 1-2 RPGs a year

Do they have special schools for people like me to learn to socialize or something? What do I do with all this video game mental wealth?

i miss when every hero looked like they belonged in the game
now every hero is off color, brighter, has a hood for some reason, and is overloaded out the ass with random particle effects

how can you say dota is dying when player count is up, viewer ship is up, and prize pools are up?

literally does not compute

after 156 games and 56% winrate i figure out why sometimes i feel weird/awk playing slark,its the fucking dire pouching as dire uptodown,am i the only one?wth

New players complained that the map is "dark" so they changed it over the years. I never noticed it but I know my friends complainted about it too, I was like what are u talking about map is not dark... I was uced to wc3 I guess

dota lost its soul

remember when night actually looked like night?

It is important to listen to new players because their perspective isn't tainted with bias.

it's hard to watch the game, i'm getting strong feels

>pick pudge
>teammates insist on standing exactly between you and any enemy within hook range

>chasing a hero that's running away in a straight line
>teammate autofollows refusing to move

>"pudge why aren't you hooking"

I just don't understand.

>the peak of dota was TI3

>literally ratting 24/7
>the peak

instead of complaining here you all should make a reddit thread

buy the battle pass goy!

Yeah and then they quit 2 months later because this game is difficult to make friends in, so you've made changes to appeal to people who have quit while pissing off your old dota boys and solo matchmaking is only tolerable to that 2% of the playing population who are literally fucking autistic.

>wards cost twice as much
>came in pairs
>took separate slots for obs and sentry

>boots cost more
>wand costs more
>TP scrolls cost over twice as much
>passive gold was less
>mid heroes snowballed way harder in general

playing support before 2014 was a fucking nightmare, anyone who still refuses to play the role today is a spoiled bitch

You need to ping them and type move. Sorry but clearly people in your bracket don't understand how hook works.

I dont think you are right, I was not biased when I said map is not dark back in 2011 just because I like the game

ONE RUNE!
one rune...

but it's going to get downvoted to oblivion immedietely by valvedrones

EVERY DAY

LMAO

It's 4k. 4.4k to be specific. Yeah, I thought that too, but apparently shitskins can't comprehend moving a bit so pudge can hook the hero running away. Just fucking kill me.

The crazy thing is though that I was a lot more successful as a support pre-2014, it was easier to just auto-win your team the lanes off of two smoke ganks early game and then all you had to do was keep the monkeys in the barrel coordinated enough to not bash their brains against barracks three times over because a good 15k+ lead took 3 teamwipes to throw instead of just one.

if someone has dota sprites i'll make a VN

This is Lina the Slayer
Say something nice to her!

Welcome to nuDotA aka redditDotA aka League of Legends. It all went downhill after TI4.

Yeah I never felt the map was too dark in 2011/2012, and Dota 2 was my first experience with Dota.

I don't like that it's so light now because certain effects (namely Witch Doctor's healing spell and Jugger's healing ward) are very light visual effects and I cannot distinctly see the radius of them during the day while on Radiant's default map.

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land?
this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

But why? What inspired Valve to move so many mechanics in a league direction? Why do they insist on rewarding bad players with these bullshit rubberband shenanigans?

It's just an attitude problem imo. People hate support because they're babbies who only have fun if they're getting kills, and because they tilt if the team isn't sucking their dick doing everything they can to help ensure those kills.

Even games in 5k bracket will usually have only one support, sometimes not even that. What does it say about the game's playerbase if the top 0.01% of players still won't play that fucking role despite fully understanding how important it is?

tl;dr team games were a mistake and a LOT of dota players should just playing street fighter or starcraft or whatever

open up cutie

WE WANT THE LEAGUEFAG AUDIENCE

I mean look at how much money Leaguefags are willing to spend on shit like fucking heroes and Alpine Ursa tier cosmetics.

@chaop is live

>one retard in the team fucks up
>drags the team behind
>almost impossible to comeback
gee I wonder why they changes it

i'm forever grateful user

Rubberband sucks but mid lane deciding the game 80% of the time definitely sucked more.

The reason people don't play support isn't because they're babbies, it's because as a carry you're generally in charge of how a game goes. As a support you have no fucking influence at all. (No, roaming, ganking, dewarding, stacking, etc. does not count as influencing if your hard carry is Paco and manages to royally fuck up an un-fuckable game)

should change ranked to 1v1 mid

>team plays bad
>has their hand held making the game a literal russian roulette for the actual good team because "lol it's not fair to have an advantage despite playing better"

ummm

Our boy EE is streaming

>watching last place personified

no

>wait which one is jacky
>oh my god

>moon is streaming
thanks for the heads up

>play as carry
>have all the farm on your team
>lose
>accept responsibility for not utilizing your given space effectively

>play as support
>bust your balls trying to make space for your shitskin pos 1
>dickweed plays like garbage and your team has no alternative because he vacuum farmed all your lanes and jungle
>lose not because you played bad, but because your carry is trash

hmmmmmmmmmmm why would anyone hate playing support hmmmmmmmmm really gets the nogging joggin

>No multi-instrumentalist singer hero

Dotards??

>zai feeding

>last place personified
you called bro?