>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Last time on /dsg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRoHE7MnEWM
youtube.com/watch?v=20XREf55X9E
youtube.com/watch?v=8hlEShsDl3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>can just as easily randomly quickstep out of the stun when they decide they've had enough
What is the 2-hit combo system?

>not to mention literally infinite stamina.
16 stamina rolls in game with 45+ stamina per sec with no cooldowns on fully expended stamina

>Old Monk
Auto-summon homing soul mass and a gigantic HP modifier?? What

>Luci unironically only puts his trip on to make threads
>started doing this after being repeatedly BTFO in whatever arguments the thread has
Never change my man

Remember /dsg/, if you're angry at someone for liking a game you dislike, just go kick a rock lizard to let off steam. They're made of rock, they don't mind.

Dark Souls 1 pvp was literally perfect.

I'm wanting to try a fashion setup of Old Sage's Blindfold, Dragonscale Armor and Faraam Boots. What would be some decent looking gloves to go with this and get me to 23-24 poise iirc so I trade a little bit when using a MLGS?

>be retarded
>can't find the merits in a game that's not from CURRENT YEAR or year before then
>call it stupid on the internet

The answer is always Gauntlets of Thorns so you can roll into ToD users.

Damn right. youtube.com/watch?v=iRoHE7MnEWM

>Be retarded
>Only defense you have for a game is "but it was made 8 years ago!"

>Be retarded
>have to make up a random statement that wasn't used in order to defend your stance

/dsg/ in a nutshell

>be retarded
>Claim that implications you made are made up despite shitting up the previous thread with said implications

>be retarded
>be addicted to a dead mostly singleplayer series and post constantly in thread full of hostile cunts, incapable of moving on

Every Souls game is pretty shit in hindsight, but has something specific to it that makes it endearing to a person depending on their particular tastes and experiences

p.s. I eat poop

I just wish I had the same rose tinted glasses people have when they play DeS so I could enjoy it. That or time travel

>Be retarded
>Become revisionist historian while also claiming everyone who disagrees with you is the same person

The only bosses I hate in DaS3 are Iuedex Gundyr(because I hate shitty tutorial bosses) and Ancient Wyvern(it wasn't a boss fight).

The rest are good.

>tfw your favorite Souls Game is Slashy Souls but you can't defend it because we're currently only allowed to like DaS3

>everyone who has ever enjoyed DeS was just wearing rose tinted glasses
Yeah, yeah I get it, when you wear rose tinted glasses all the red flags look the same.

Even if you time traveled your whiny ass wouldn't enjoy it because "It's just not the SAME!"

You could at least make an effort At posting on topic related images and not assfaggots and overmeme

>(it wasn't a boss fight)
Huh?

At least it's better than DaS2.

what is this meme

He dies in one hit dude.

>best tootsie roll boss
>shitty

>The rest are good.

You can clearly see that he does not

The presentation, aesthetic, and soundtrack were top-notch. It's the first time From does a mob boss fight right?

Bosses are not to be judged by a player's self-imposed handicaps. There are developer messages on the floor telling you that the plunging attack is the INTENDED method.

Might as well say Yhorm is a good fight because you didn't use Storm Ruler.

you poor soul

Yeah and I bet you're one of those people who says Yhorm is an interesting boss if you just don't use the Storm Ruler.

>he posts on topic

The theme and lore forgives it
youtube.com/watch?v=20XREf55X9E

People like it because it was their first souls game and it was the first of its kind. The series has improved so much by then, with BB being at the top of its apex. For individuals who never played DeS and going back to it they're playing it objectively rather than letting their nostalgia think for them. It's rough game to play, not in a sense of difficulty but rather in a sense of how mechanically outdated it is.

>the top of its apex

>It's the first time From does a mob boss fight right?
No, the only good mob bosses in the series are Ruin Sentinels and Abyss Watchers, if you define "mob boss" as "multiples of the same guy". Deacons is as shit as Royal Rat Vanguard.

>presentation and aesthetic
>LITERALLY A SQUARE BOX FULL OF BASIC ENEMIES YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN ONESHOTTING

Music's good I guess, but doesn't fit the fight in tone; the music is far too intimidating for a lame mook horde boss.

Yhorm has really good presentation and aesthetics.

DSG in a nutshell

My game > your game

>presentation and aesthetic

Is this the birth of an epic new meme?

Ancient Wyvern has really good presentation and aesthetic because it flies into the arena all imposing-like and it looks pretty cool.

Champion's Gravetender has really good presentation and aesthetic because it has a cutscene before the fight and the Dark Mask is spooky.

Would you summon me ?

>they're playing it objectively
More like they're either:

A) Expecting it to be the best thing since pussy since it comes from the same line of games the other ones do

B) Expecting it to be old and shitty and archaic, then finding that an older game in a series/anthology has some weaker areas, then shitting on it with confirmation bias

C) Reacting obscenely when an older game is older after having played games that are newer with different design philosophies

How can anyone deny bb isn't the best souls game at this point? It's only flaw is no mappable jump to l3

Or, alternatively, they realize that the game was mechanically a clunky prototype/proof-of-concept and that it shows.

Why do a lot of people glorify DaS PvP so much? I only started PvP in DaS2. Played PvP from the following titles a lot--especially Bloodborne---and it seems like DaS PvP ain't anything special. Is it because of nostalgia?

>liking the presentation or design of a boss despite its disappointing actual fight is a meme

So you think games can't be bad if they're old? Is dark souls 2 suddenly good now that it's 2 years old?

>It's only flaw is no mappable jump to l3
And blood vials.
And being a stingy asshole about upgrade materials. Blood rocks in particular.
And shitty PvP, which is too broad of a topic to elaborate upon in a single post.
And 40% instability damage.
And Frenzy.
And the sheer shortness of the base game.
And the shitty half-assed filler that is Chalice Dungeons.

DeS is the only game where bows are viable
Rats ring, morion blade and lava bow have yet to be topped

>we're currently only allowed to like ds3
Wrong, you're only allowed to like ds1 at any time. Preferring any other game will result in immediate public ridicule and you will be prompted to fuck of to reddit

It is when the boss is literally a box full of basic mook enemies. There's no redeeming values here besides the music.
There isn't even any lore justification for why they literally sprout out of the floor, it's just a shitty whack-a-mole fight.

2 years old isn't old. Dark Souls 2 is a shitty game period, and I will never stop saying that. Even when the age of "Dark Souls 2 was X years ago....whoa" hits for it, I will never call it a good game

How is it a prototype or a proof of concept? It plays similarly but not entirely to one game in the series, while being radically different from that game. All Souls games do.

It isn't though. The lovecraft aesthetic and trick weapons are the only things that make it seem "better".

It has a ton of flaws:
>chalice dungeons
>bad enemy variety compared to DaS3
>bad area variety
>chalice dungeons and farming
>werewolf bosses and enemies get old really fast

I could keep going.

>if From wasn't so cucked by Sony we could have a Demon Souls for the PC, running at 60fps with updated textures and maybe some bug fixes
>they could also include that entire area and enemies that were cut from the game youtube.com/watch?v=8hlEShsDl3U

Reminder that if you like a boss that you've never died to outside of challenge runs then you've objectively got shit taste.

The Archdeacon was the actual boss you stupid fuck.

I bet you shit on Deacons but think Rom was a great boss fight.

I like the design, a e s t h e t i c, lore, and presentation of Yhorm. Am I a meme because I enjoyed those aspects of him?

I don't much care for Twin Princes, are people who like their design/mechanics/aesthetic/presentation/theme memes? Yes, because they disagree with me.

Blood vials are plentiful.
Blood rocks are farmable from chalice dungeons, and purchase able with insight
>Souls PvP
There are plenty of solutions for frenzy, sedatives, armor, visceral giving you damage immunity
If base game you mean only the mandatory bosses, then if so it's no more shorter than any other game. If you include optional content then you must include chalice dungeons as they're in the base game
Your opinion

You misunderstand me, I was insulting your spurious choice of words, not the quality of your statement because I'm a pcuck who hasn't actually played Bloodborne

I never died to OoK except for my bl4 run. Guess he's a bad boss ;(

And not restocking items upon invasion or death
And having to go back to the hunter's dream to pull out items
And not being able to reset the game level at a lamp
And bloodtinge builds basically having one hand unusable at all times
And Lost / Uncanny versions being the same exact thing with different gem slots
And Waning gems always being useless except for one build and only when that build has endgame gems
And insight being criminally underused
And claiming to be an aggressive type of game when in reality it SEVERELY punishes you for aggression if you aren't playing flawlessly
And requiring 16 fucking shards / twin shards / chunks to upgrade forcing you to use one, maybe two weapons, what the fuck were they thinking

Because it's NOT A SOULS GAME, and I wish you fucks would stop forcing 'soulsborne'.

It's its own game. It's a good game, but it's not a souls game and shouldn't be compared to them.

Dark Souls 3 is proof of what happens when you force the two series together. You get something 50% of people didn't want. From is still struggling to balance the game around the shit BB-like speed that doesn't belong in a souls game. They should just let the B-Team take over at this point.

I don't believe you.

Can we discuss this game here?

I've never, ever lost or pussied out of a match to the Champ and I think he's a great boss.

You're right it's not a souls game. It's a good game

What about hapless streamers who have beaten Orphan of Kos on their first try? Like when PewDiePie did it?

>I wish you fucks would stop forcing 'soulsborne'.
It's literally just Lucifer that does this but he keeps making the generals and janitors get pissy if we make a better one to use instead. Just filter him so that on the rare occasion he remembers to use his trip you don't have to put up with him directly.

>How is it a prototype or a proof of concept?
It's the first game in their currently popular third person Soulsborne genre, inspired by the first person King's Field series. As such, many design choices were largely experimental and without any real basis, such as the strange allocation of magic stats (you need to get sorcery attunement slots if you want MP on your miracle build), and most of the game's playstyle options are wildly unbalanced towards each other (magic trivializes PvE, certain weapon classes dominate PvP to the total exclusion of others), and some features resonated very poorly with the playerbase and as such never returned in any sequels (the vague World Tendency mechanic; Item Burden).

It became a cult hit for its unique and challenging-yet-rewarding gameplay, but it wasn't until DaS1 that the basic formula became polished and refined, and with that the series became popular in the mainstream. Of course, DaS1 has severe issues of its own...

Anyone who died to OoK was either ng+, or never touched their vit. My first kill was a 40/20/25/50/-/- saw cleaver character

But the infinite respawning is what makes it so fun. You can go kuhrayzee on their fat asses. One of the few bosses that actually become funner if you summon a lot, especially if you're not actively trying to hit the boss and just cleave through mooks

>Blood vials are plentiful.
Doesn't matter. It's objectively a step backwards from a renewable source of healing capped at a set amount, to go back to old jrpg "farm healing potions" mechanics. Even if they're plentiful and never an issue, it's objectively a step backwards.

Spear*
I also used 2x clawsmark runes

You're not supposed to get hit, and you have a rally mechanic. You never need to farm. Farming for vials is no different than farming for souls

Is Dark Souls 1 a proof of concept then? Is Dark Souls 2 a proof of concept then? Is Bloodborne a proof of concept then? All the fucking games save Bloodborne because there's no real defined weapon classes in that game do this kind of shit. The only real foundation for that argument is that Demon's Souls was the first one in their third person division for this kind of shit.

Shadow Tower and King's Field would be Souls games with a third person perspective.

You can do that in the graveyard outside the Cathedral if you're so easily amused. They didn't need to give us a non-boss with the same "duuude they just keep coming out of the ground" gimmick.
I had enough of the game throwing 20 weak boring non-challenging enemies at me at once and calling it an encounter in the shitshow that was DaS2. I didn't need DaS3 to repeat the same sins.

bbg: alt-right/Trump supporters
dsg: liberals/Hilary supporters

>You're not supposed to get hit, and you have a rally mechanic.
These two statements contradict each other. If the game didn't expect you to get hit more often than in mainline Souls, the rally mechanic wouldn't exist.

IT'S NOT THE SAAAAAME

>bbg is a bunch of obnoxious fucks even if they're behind something that's probably better than the other side
>dsg is cancer
Sounds like it

>(magic trivializes PvE, certain weapon classes dominate PvP to the total exclusion of others)

Which game are you talking about again? Is it all of them?

No? Are you being intentionally retarded? The other Souls games and Bloodborne follow the same basic concept as DeS, they're not an attempt at something new and different.
>The only real foundation for that argument is that Demon's Souls was the first one in their third person division for this kind of shit.
Yes, genius, that's exactly what the post you're quoting was saying. You figured it out. Congratulations.

>Shadow Tower and King's Field would be Souls games with a third person perspective.
Correct. However, changing from a first person to third person perspective is a significant enough paradigm shift to be considered a wholly different gameplay genre.

No, because magic is dogshit in post-nerf DaS2 and DaS3.
inb4 webm of some waifu using whopping 12 spellcasts to kill a single iron giant in Brume Tower.

So you be okay with 5 free blood vials Everytime you hit a lamp?

Sure. Why not let me upgrade the amount of vials stored and health restoration amount over the course of the game while we're at it?

You can dark orb everything to death without any sort of effort in DaS2

Great Heavy Soul Arrow trivializes everything in the same way

if not sony there wouldn't be demon's souls

Dark Souls 1
>removed poise and cartwheels in future installments
Dark Souls 2
>removed basically everything in future installments
Bloodborne
>removed chalice dungeon grinding in future installment

Not to mention
>(magic trivializes PvE, certain weapon classes dominate PvP to the total exclusion of others)
Which is basically true of all the fucking games except BB, but not by intentional muddling

>
Then why argue that it's a rough prototype/proof of concept when DeS and DaS control similarly and DeS to begin with is just a bunch of recycled shit from ST/KF? The only difference between ST/KF and Demon's is the camera perspective, and the biggest difference between Demon's and Dark Souls 1 is the setting.

So you'd rather play Dark Souls then. Do you think DeS is bad as well?

Honestly, bloodborne is really flawed with alot of stuff, but its still my favourite. I do wish all of this

But some of those like frenzy is cool

Instability damage is wtf though

Even if you define magic as purely INT builds, you're still wrong because of being able to trivialize the part where they come at you before you can lay on the hurt

Individual damage of spells while also factoring in resistances while being able to sling them from a safe distance completely and utterly removes difficulty from the game

There is no chalice grinding, chalice content are 100% optional. You don't NEED the 32.6 thrust gems or whatever the fuck you're farming. Chalice dungeons are perfectly fine how they are and enhance the replayability for the game.

I never understood the hate for instability damage. It punished bad play, and enforces the behavior of rolling properly

Why does everyone in these threads have this "all or nothing" attitude regarding opinions on games? I think blood vials are a shitty idea, but that doesn't instantly mean I dislike BB as a whole.

Likewise, I think grass was a shitty idea, and apparently so did From because they didn't reuse it for Dark Souls 1. That doesn't mean I dislike DeS as a whole either.

People are allowed to like features A and B from a game while disliking features X and Y from that same game. My hypothetical ideal Souls game would likely involve characteristic features from all five games in the series, mixed together.

How do I get over my fear of playing arena?

>Chalice dungeons are perfectly fine how they are and enhance the replayability for the game.
They're lazy filler, procedural generation is the nadir of game design outside of survival genres like Minecraft or Terraria. It has no place in Souls.

most people in the arena are bad. You can do the most unoptimized, shitty gimmick build, and you'll still be able to reach gold.

FRC chalices are fun by the sheer insanity of what they can throw at you. It's the static story chalices that are boring as fuck.

Rally exists. Instability damage encourages playing like a facetanking vampire when facing meaty attacks like Ebrietas' charge.