/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Iron pagoda edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>5.14 (LIVE)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0514/

>5.15 (PT)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/publictest-515/

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favorite wowsg:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Missouri:
800K free xp estimated

>German DDs and IJN DD rework:
Possible with 5.15

>Mostly updated guide:
pastebin.com/tfYw51Rr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkwUQjNS7a0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SEAfag reporting in

Reminder
SEA players > NA players
NA server > SEA server

>gook runes

>Korean headband

Duckies are NOT kimchis!

>be war blunder
>get BOAT'D

>SEA hour
>dead hour

your ability to keep the thread alive directly correlates to your in-game skill.

>have 900 days of premium

Why.png

A L I V E

ded

Dog>BB player on SEA

how to improof the game:
>encourage BB's to tank damage
>encourage DD's to spot enemies and keep them spotted
>encourage CA's and CL's to deal damage
>delete CV's

Ded hotel where?

ded?

Shima should be arrested for public indecency.

put a hijab on that!

>tfw grinding USN BBs and RU DDs simultaneously

>play cruiser
>wasd
>get hugged for 3/4 my HP anyway
what did I expect?

Should I get the year of premium that's 50% off? Hard imagine playing this game in a year or if it'll be around but I've been here since CBT.

Cute Kvlen!

>want the dunkerque
>already have the lo yang, anshan, blyska
>don't really need the gold

The whole sale is a joke. WG can fuck off with that shit. They're going after whales and it's more obvious than ever.

HOW THE FUCK DO I PLAY THE JEW YORK?
IT'S ARMOUR IS FUCKING MEANINGLESS
AA DOESN'T DO SHIT
ANYONE WITH MORE THAN ONE BRAIN CELL WILL JUST KITE ME TO DEATH
35 SECOND RELOAD WITH THIS ACCURACY IS A FUCKING JOKE
MIDDLE TURRET IS FUCKING POINTLESS

I'm not even opposed to bundles, but at least make them worthwhile instead of tacking on a bunch of worthless bullshit like mediocre low tier garbage or carbon copies of ships already in the game like the Prinz

>Play NM
>Throw an AP salvo at dying NM
>Nurnberg sails right in front of it
>"We've got both of them, cap'n"

medium tank gameplay when you got TD gameplay

Brawl :^)

It's not hard to use nor to grind. Git gud or bite the bullet.

>I can do well in a ship therefore it's not shit
why weren't you aborted?

Has anyone purchased her yet?

Lob shells at enemy until you get New Mexico

Ay it aint the 28th, what gives WG why is the PTR down

For $400 she's an expensive hooker.

Rude, Kashima is a good girl, she's only misunderstood.

>why weren't you aborted?
Because I had to piss you off

Is Kiev worth getting after the nerf?
youtube.com/watch?v=UkwUQjNS7a0

RU server can get her for $10
If you have a special goyim card

>strait

>Being unlucky enough to get ocean

>unlucky
best map

>Black Friday on EU
buy t-shirts))))

>needed 3m for ibuki
>i guess i could do carrier thing on coop
>take mombote
>utter failure on the first few games
>somehow trhow into a pvp match
>why.jpg
>fast foward 10 games
>60k damage per game, 20 planes down
>still feel underwhelming as fuck
>should have gotten langley for the fucking bombing missions that show up
why are carriers so difficult.

should i get zuiho for the bombing missions?

Yes.

If you have an 18 point captain for the 3x4 build.

most historically accurate map ever and if you cannot into teamwork its hell on earth

it should be a mandatory map every 5 matches

>that one lemmingtrain on the brother's buttclench

She's fucking perfect.

>ocean
>your babbys never move further than 1 grid square from the map edge

But any further and everyone will hit you!

This, big ships never operated in areas with isles and rocks all over the place maybe except for KM in Norway.
I really hoped WT would make an actually fun bote game, without disappearing ships bullshit, bow on meta, retarded spotting mechanics, retarded dispersion, national pekuliaritits))) and shitty MOBA maps.
But it seems that they took >botes far too literally.

Would would you implement all those without killing whole lines?

>ocean
>the only map where lemmingtrain is actually viable
>the only map where you actually need to change speed and course all the time
>the only map where you won't get ambush torped around the corner
>"I won't move cuz muh torpsoup"

I need to fuck her so badly

Gaijin can't do shit properly. Their game design is undeniably hideous and placing hope in them is naive at best. However, they're extremely good at making the game look and feel good when played.

The most ideal situation would be a fusion between WG and Gaijin, where the former refines game balance and mechanics, and the latter develops the technical implementation.

>inb4 we get the worst of both ending up in a shitty looking GPU heavy unoptimized piece of unbalanced garbage that is painful to play and eternal to grind.

Imagine not having autoaim, all ships being smaller and more accurately reflecting the size of their real life counterparts, wavy sea affecting your aim, not having a lead indicator in a DD and a module based damage system instead of HP points.
Ain't so easy to just delete a cruiser from 20km now, is it?

And matches would last hours?

She is a respectable girl, please don't write such disrespectful things.

I really like WT's grind system.
At least I can skip shitty vehicles by playing something I enjoy, even if it takes me far more time I get less frustrated.

I need to fuck her leg pussy so badly. FUCK.
I love legs

>I have ADD and every game must play like CoD

No, you need a calm and proper think about yourself. Is this really the kind of person you want to be?

Kashima deserves a peaceful and respectful life.

>tfw grinded all the way to P-51D-30 with P-47 and P-40
no regrets

well tbqh a bote vidya gaems that play like a rpg tabletop game might be more accurate

>tfw grinded Dora with MC. 202

>repair and extinguisher must be researched
>there are whole lines that are basically the same tank over and over again
>the time needed to get a tank you might want is just infinite
>the crew RPG minigame is unjustifiable and retarded
You see, at least WG's games give you a sense of progression, and they don't want you to die as quickly as possible.

WG games are noob friendly, and regardless of what retarded elitist anons say, this is a good thing for a f2p game.

I'm not saying WG's games are not painful and frustrating, just that they're way better than War Thunder

Madman.

WT is fine when you know what you are doing in realistic. The fucking repair and extinguisher grind is fucking retarded though.

WG wants the arcadey feel of the game. I rather have yours and longer games since 20 minutes is pretty short for how slow some ships are. But it's clear WG has a vision and realism isn't it.

navy field 2?

bsp?

how much slow mechanic are we talking about.

Well, that's your opinion.
And I respect it.

And what makes you think SEA players are better than NA players?

There should be a realism mode but that's too much work for WG.

I don't know if there is hope for me...

real time sailing
you have to get broken rice and explosive shoyu too if you're IJN crew

I wouldn't be surprised if early T-34s weren't equipped with an extinguisher at all desu.

I talk as a newbie and a noob: I started playing WT with the only single purpose of playing tanks in RB, because regardless of everything, it's genuinely fun, and gives a great feel. However, after two hundred something battles in RB (and four hundred in AB to ease the grind) I still have no fucking clue of what I'm doing, especially in those maps with lots of visual impairments (vegetation, fences, and so on). Shell damage mechanics are still black magic to me, and many times it's an infinite loop of "press battle" "drive a bit" "blow up without notice" "return to the hangar". I have no clue on what and where to improve for the simple fact I can't fight long enough to gather such information.

With the same amount of battles in WoT and WoWs I managed to have and keep a 55% WR.

why not make small ships bots and let players have their way with them in big bad baBBieships or CAs?

>those maps with lots of visual impairments (vegetation, fences, and so on)
sweet summer child

)))

Ground forces are bias and camping contest.
Plons are where individual skill begins to matter.

You can go WAY lower than that.

Trees should be nothing but sticks, houses should be nothing but unicolored blocks.

in the rush of the war many soldiers weren't taught how to maintain shit

But here's the point: I have no intention to lower the graphics. It's one of the few things that are better compared to WoT. If I wanted to play in a flat-as-fuck map, to play with a plastic toy in a badly made diorama, I'd play WoT. WT feels good because it feels actually realistic. WG's games, WoWS included, don't give you this beautiful feel.

>craptor_in_G2_getting_BTFO_by_a_fucking_biplane.gif

Yeah, and everyone else is playing at ULQ, and rolling on you with their visual advantage.

I envy your determination.
I gave up after a while of getting shredded because I mistakenly thought I'm safe in beautiful high grass, which turned out to be just my imagination.

And that is why WTGF is daggotry on an enterily new level.

You can literally just turn off cover and play the '''''''''''''''''''''''realistic''''''''''''''''''''''' battles with all cover turned off, no trees, no bushes, no ground textures, no fucking nothing.

It should tell you something that even WG went ahead and banned people who used mods to turn WoT's graphcis down to this level.

>It should tell you something that even WG went ahead and banned people who used mods to turn WoT's graphcis down to this level.
That's because WG knows you can't let people sealclub, nor roll on others with such an unfair advantage. As I already said, and I really hate to give them credit for this, WG knows how to design and manage a game; Gaijin just don't.

>posted from my kv-1 clubbing panzers while capping

>Gaijin just don't.

My favorite part was how for the longest time the first half of players that died in RB just got sent back to garage with three of their "crews" locked out.

Because NA has never been good at any genre. They will never top Asians at fightan gaems, never top in RTS, got creamed by EU teams in competitive FPS games, and even let Koreans walk all over the OW world cup on home ground. Even WoTs tourneys is dominated by slavs and Europoors.

You literally cannot name a single genre NA is actually top at. Why would battlebotes be any different?

>all these shitters with animay kongos that just sit stationary as far as possible

muh dota

muh csgo

muh competitive dream scene

Skill based MM = less sealclubbing.

Do you understand that taking the optimal vehicle to sealclub (there is always one in an asymmetric game) isn't the same thing as a systemic advantage rooted so deeply into the game design itself, yes?

>tfw penning a bayern while walking away and he cant hit shit