/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 25th:
885 – Siege of Paris: Viking forces sail the Seine River with a fleet of 300 longships and lay siege to Paris.
1177 – Baldwin IV of Jerusalem and Raynald of Châtillon defeat Saladin at the Battle of Montgisard.
1795 – Partitions of Poland: Stanisław August Poniatowski, the last king of independent Poland, is forced to abdicate and is exiled to Russia.
1915 – Albert Einstein presents the field equations of general relativity to the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
1943 – World War II: Statehood of Bosnia and Herzegovina is re-established at the State Anti-fascist Council for the National Liberation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamworkshopdownloader.com/),
mediafire.com/file/s2rjjip3yq39tm4/geheimnisnacht 1.0.1.zip
mediafire.com/file/hdetcegc4qw56oa/geheimnisnacht_-_old_world.zip
mediafire.com/file/3dmkvm6duzdkt67/geheimnisnacht_-_ratcatcher.zip
mediafire.com/file/crnira3rikrhmhm/geheimnisnacht_-_albion_gone.zip
superpower2.co.uk/full-mods.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based.
Incoming butthurt.

GET OFF THE FIRST POST YOU FAT FUCK

Is this supposed to bother someone?

Reminder to repost and acknowledge funposting.

What's the connection between research points and literacy in vick2? For example if I have a nation with 40% literacy, what does that mean.

Read the tooltips

It means 40% of your nation's poopulation can read.

reported

It's always good to see that I'm not the only white person here.

Would buying the eu4 base game be worth it, now that it's on sale? I've just been pirating it so far. I'd probably still pirate the DLC, just wondering if buying the base game would give me any benefits(I don't care about ethics)

Chileans aren't white.

If you can play the game now, the only benefit would probably be the steam workshop.

Well, on a pirated game you can use the workshop downloader (steamworkshopdownloader.com/), and just apply mods manually, so I don't really see that as a benefit

Don't buy Paradox games. I did and I regret it.

Why?

Yes it is. You get access to mods and patches.

>mods
As I said, you can use the workshop downloader to download the mod files and just activate them manually by putting them in the game folder

>patches
1.19 came out yesterday and an update to my pirated game came out in an hour or so, so that's also not a problem

Anything else? I really don't see any benefits of buying it

Steamworkshop downloader wasn't working with EU4 as far as I know.

If you don't see the benefits, don't buy it. That's it.

W&B

You forgot about achievements!

DLC and the company sucks major penis

Mcfucking kill yourselfes, steamgroup shitters

Can I continue my 1.18 game on new patch or it will break everything ?

>25 posts
>13 IPs
Really makes ya think

Starting the game to try it out would probably be faster than waiting for a response.

Can anyone post the updated geheimnisnacht mod? It's been updated to 1.01.

mediafire.com/file/s2rjjip3yq39tm4/geheimnisnacht 1.0.1.zip
You need the performance submods as well?

kys cuck

Yes that would be much appreciated thank you.

mediafire.com/file/hdetcegc4qw56oa/geheimnisnacht_-_old_world.zip
Removes Ulthuan and Naggaroth
mediafire.com/file/3dmkvm6duzdkt67/geheimnisnacht_-_ratcatcher.zip
Removes the Under Empire
mediafire.com/file/crnira3rikrhmhm/geheimnisnacht_-_albion_gone.zip
Removes Albion

The first one does the most for performance, although it comes at the cost of not having elves

Y-You too...
Thanks a bunch!

so fucking based boyos

Anytime. I think it's really retarded that they only post it on Paradox jewy forums

>The first one does the most for performance, although it comes at the cost of not having elves

Doesn't sound like a drawback tbqh

Malekith's pretty based though. Shame he dies far too often in this game

>ya
kys deancuc

>kys

kys

You can access the forum and therefore mods. Not all of the mods are on the workshop.

That also gives the GPs free CBs on you.

Get kys'd yourself, cuck shit

Are there any good mods on the forums? Got any examples?

IIRC V&F is only on the forum, M&T gets released on the workshop a few days if not weeks later than on the forums.

fuckng nu-male cuckster kys s.m.h t.b.h

hello spurdo

OOOYYYYY VEEEEEEYYYYY

>only five intrigue
Murder him

who orchestrated this madness

The jews, obviously

>Warhammer mod
>Have dwarf character with 150k prestige obtained somewhat illicitly

Could she be revered as another ancestral deity upon her death at this point?

What were those two comments?

Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves gain piety and Prestige far too easily. It gets to some ridiculous levels

>decide to vassalize teutonic order instead of taking their land
>m&t integration process is at 542.3 years
Time to savescum.

You need to annex and then release afaik.

Also, how to do the opposite thing? How to survive as Teutons to form GroBPreuBen? Do I need to restart a few times to get things going as I want them to?

Seems like Germany won't be a trouble in this party, and the glorios alliance of the constitutional monarchies of NGF, GB and Italy will have to deal with fascist France instead. Won't be a problem, we cucked the frogs well the last time. The last two times.

Every time I've tried a 1356 TO game, the combined forces of Poland, Lithuania and Hungary have always ravaged my asshole before I could get into any meaningful alliances. Your Livonian Order vassals don't even try to help you either.

M&T 2.0 when

Oh fug. I thought we were talking about eu4.

when johan has enough money

Anyone feeling like wasting some time to explain a few things from EUIV to a noob?

Namely, science. How big of a focus should it be?

Damn, this really made me think.

Just fully annex me kurwa friend. End my suffering.

>because you're alex grandi
>signed meneth, head moderator

Huh, really makes one think.

How do I create the crusader states ?

Isn't it by giving a country to a knight templar?

Alri, so which of these are actually worth spending time with?
superpower2.co.uk/full-mods.html

Lads where do I get reapers due DLC?
Whu no 1 upload it yet?

Have you considered learning to read?

I certainly am. MEIOU&Taxes dials back the earliest starting period to 1356.

snek province
fucking around in random new world is pretty fun

I wanna colonize that snek

>Raimondas von Königsberg

I am become death, destroyer of Europe.

IDS HABBENING

Sneks are cute.

>lost a 46 240 men, not even enough manpower to recover
>call that a win

white and based

>Prussian ""Academy"" of """"""Sciences""""""

prussia was based

>m&t integration process is at 542.3 years
Centralize the state you dunce.

What's a good strategy for sweden in EUIV?
I'm sort of new to the game and I can get my independence but by that point I'm weaker than muscovy by a lot and I can't take on denmark and all of their allies at the same time.

how do you fucks have the energy to play these awful and boring games after all these years
i'm so tired of them, i try to continue my shitty campaign and get bored immediately
recently tried some ageod games but they felt too simple

They're all on sale. Is HoI3 a good place to start? I like the idea of a WWII setting, but not opposed to CK2 or EU4 setting either. Or HoI4 but it looks like it's regarded as a worse game for more money.

HoI3 is the worst place to start with paradox grand strategy games.
It's not impossible or anything but it's by far the most convoluted of their games.

check the OP pic

>how do you fucks have the energy to play these awful and boring games after all these years
Autism, lad

Hmm. So maybe CK2 or EU4 first. I imagine that both are pretty good and it's more dependent on which setting is more interesting to me?

If you want the WWII setting, I think Darkest Hour is a bit easier to learn than HoI3. CK2 or EU4 are probably a better start, but you should get the DLCs for them.

I wonder who could be behind this post

I didn't say he should buy them.

Because we don't play these 24/7.

EU4 is better for beginners. CKII will take a shit on you.

if you're a babby pirate eu4 + all dlc and play it
if you're not pirate ck2 + all dlc, disable sunset invasion and conclave and play it after disabling mongol invasion

Make friends early with strong countries who also hate Denmark and Muscovy like Brandenburg and Poland, and make tons of money to afford mercs. A few wars with your allies doing most of the work will give you the window you need to dominate.

Thanks
>make tons of money to afford mercs
this is the only part I don't get, the only way I know to reliably be able to afford mercs is to have a province with gold in it and pump production development. I can barely afford to even maintain my force limit how do I go about getting rich without gold?

You don't have to be at max force limit all the time. Just maintain your cav and your cannons and maybe a bit of infantry. When war comes you just recruit mercs to fill up your force limit. With admin ideas mercs are also 25% cheaper.

Taking the Trade idea will give you hella money in general. I also like to squeeze out ever last drop of gold from anyone I fight a war with which helps keep the treasury stocked.

has anyone else gotten a bug in HIP where portraits are blank?

Doesn't the AI weigh your value as a war target based on how many troops you have standing? I thought it helped prevent wars to be at force limit all the time but it could have just been a bad assumption.

Sweden also gets -25% merc maintenance which goes a long way for a merc-heavy army.