/domg/ - Dominions General

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Age

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=WinterRaceWar
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Conjunction
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will the fabulous Foulspawn smash the ornery Ophidians? Can the pernicious Pygmies humble the haughty Hoburgs? How will the obstinate Ogres overcome the illustrious Ichtyids? What of the leaping lizards and pesky Pale Ones?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=WinterRaceWar

WinterRaceWar, our latest NationGen game, is kicking off in about twelve hours. That's plenty of time to pick a nation, design a pretender, and maybe even get some practice in.

So get your helter skelter on and make the UN earn their keep 'cause there can only be one winner!

I will tell your mother to wash your mouth with soap.

So sexiest pretenders are Titan of beauty and that Ulm warrior Goddess?

>Guy with the mohawk is a Veeky Forums-fag
Good taste

Don't forget Annunaki of Love and War.

I told you I'm not a big fan of NAPs, plus I was planning on attacking you so I could hardly refuse your offer and give my intentions away, now could I?
I'm sure people will forgive me, you're clearly the biggest threat.
>Irongrill is a spoopy player. Remove immediately
I'm extremely incompetent at this game, pls no bully.
>I can help in a few turns.
You are making a mistake, you should help me remove vanheim instead, they're clearly the bigger threat.
>Don't want jews to get into late-game.
This is MA Jews, they're not all that scary lategame.
I haven't attacked Xib.

Just let jews stale damn I want my new turn.

Figured it was probably a turkey day thing. Someone wouldn't sub into a game and immediately start staling, right?

Either way, if he's not done the turn by the time I get home (six/seven hours) I'll get him AIed.

Fucking colonials.

So why are terracotta soldiers good? At sub 1 gem per they're cheap, but also really shit. What puts them above skeletons?

Good to know, gonna try her now

oy, don't lump all the colonies together mate

sexiest pretenders-

Virtue
Forge Lord
Naked Rephaite Guy
Vampire Queen
Asynja
Volla of the Bountiful Forest
Forester Bob

Sorry, forced colonials are all right in my book.

FUCK I ordered her to attack rearmost enemies, but they were all barbarians and after the battle she has a chest wound and a never healing wound. Shit SUCKS
Is there a way for me to heal my waifu? I know priests may have healing spells but how can I make it so they target her?

There are four options for affliction removal. Five if you're a pretender.

One: Leave them in the same province as a Healer. Unfortunately healers are kinda difficult to get. There are no generics, aside from a couple of Adventurers, which'll require you to luck out with events. If you're a nation with them (Arco, Caelum, Gath, Ashdod, Hinnom, EA Ermor) then you're good. If you aren't, it's not really possible.

Two: The Chalice. A unique Construction 8 artefact, grants Healer.

Three: Gift of Health, the global spell, removes afflicitons from all of your dudes in your dominion.

Four: Blood Feast, a B2 spell available at Blood 3, can be used to remove afflictions from a specific caster. But it'll make them eat your populace thereafter.

Five: Pretenders have a chance of losing afflicitons when they die. Don't do this. Unless you're Ur. In which case you probably still shouldn't do this.

There are a couple other things that can remove afflictions, the Immortal or Recuperation tag, but those are things the chassis needs to start with.

I forgot Vanarus and Bogarus on the nations with healers list there.

TC, Berry and Sauro also have national heroes with Healer, but you can't necessarily rely on those showing up.

>Caelum
Actually I am playing EA Caelum. Is it a summon? I don't see any recruitable healers
By the way, what happens to Pretenders when they die and come back? I think they lose some magic skills?

Spenta of Waters, yeah. Conj8, so not exactly gettable early.

When a pretender dies, they lose one in every path, and need to be called back. Which is functionally, I think, 100 priest levels of "Call God".

When they're called back, they'll show up in your capital, possibly without some afflictions they died with.

There are a couple exceptions to this, of course. Ur's pretenders don't lose paths. Immortal pretenders also show back up in your cap again immediately, and don't lose paths, but only if they were in your dominion when they died.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Conjunction

>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Conjunction

Can they get horror marked from dying?

Not so far as I'm aware.

I've never seen it, at least. But in general you want to avoid having your god die, in so far as that's possible.

My octopus pretender got horror marked fighting Ys and I'm not sure how it happened.

I wouldn't say they're good, but reasons they're better than longdead:

They use fire gems, which are generally not very useful.
They resist both slash and pierce, rather than just pierce, plus higher HP.
They can't be banished or killed with anti-undead spells.
They have fire resist, which means you can use them as a frontline for your fire magic spamming casters.
Nations which might pick up terracotta soldiers probably can't get longdead easily.

>Random event where experiment goes wrong and she sees cthulhu shit
>now she has battle fright too
IT'S NOT FAIR

Ys does have astral mages, they could have cast the horror mark spell. Did you equip your god with tainted equipment?

Perhaps they're on a province with a site that horror marks units.

It was in a siege battle on their cap. One of them might have cast it, but mostly I just see them cast mistform and rush at me.

And now she's Limp and Weakened too
Guess I will just keep throwing her into battle huntil she dies in friendly dominion

Yeah, this is why you don't rely on them going away with pretender death.

Pretender death invariably results in more afflictions.

Friendly Dominion won't really matter unless she's immortal, in which case she'll automatically respawn in your capital without any penalties to her magic paths, with a chance to remove afflictions.

So hey what happened with the Dominions community clash? Haven't heard much about it in a while.

>Enemy Virtue attacks my province
>Alone vs 100+ soldiers
>Gets hit twice then runs away

And Immortal removes afflictions on it's own anyway, so no point dying to sort it.

Does anyone have the Geokokujo mod?

Virtues rely on not getting hit, they don't have huge hp or anything. It probably autorouted. Usually the Awe5 and invuln25 keep them safe along with the long weapon, large size, and good repel. If it was in your dominion or your shit is magical or undead, the virtue-user dun fucked up.

ask lambo it was his mod iirc

Finally the worst /domg/ game in history is over. Turn 15 BoT, Foul Air, Wrath of God and eventually Arcan Nexus owned by Ermor scared almost all players in the game. All of that was made in the name of summod. Really shamefurr dispray. I mean the powerlessness of the scrubs in game against Ermor and their quick tendency to go AI just because, made this game horrible to play, and just everyone wanted to see it's over.

I was lucky and just grab enough VP to finish this disgraceful game. Mainly Thrones were taken from AI, but Ermor was so clueless or just plainly indifferent so he hasn't protected his only VP3 Throne with fort, so I captured it and won. In a case of emergency this turn I also took 4 more VP from my ally C'tis, just in case, but Ermor didn't done anything to take the Throne back or to shake off my siege on the other his Throne. Even shilling for summod he didn't even TRIED to prolong this game, or give others challenge. He prefered to spam Armageddon pointlessly, which wasn't too harmful to my giants.

Graphs and other shit in case someone interested.

>Ermor 1st/2nd in research for the entire game

Well.. looking at the graphs you had far more land than ermor for most of the game, and the same or more gems despite ermor needing gems to do all it's national stuff it cares about and your blood economy not showing up on the graphs, of the other players only TC seemed to rival you or c'tis in income and c'tis was 'your ally' so I guess well done on winning via diplo? Because your description bears very little similarity to the graphs which shows you as a very clear threat the entire game and ermor sorta struggling for most of it (province count seesaw).

Congrats, Vava.

Yeah, I wasn't interested in playing this to the end, as I have enough late-game micro in several other games. I sort of tried to do some late-game stuff when I grabbed UW, but it quickly started to become unbearable, and IRL stuff got in the way, so I stopped caring after that. I absolutely disagree with your assessment of summod changes though. Still, gotta compliment your tenacity and willpower.

To players who didn't play this to the end: the only thing I did in this game besides spamming cancerous globals was killing TC, and eating some UW provinces from AI Pelagia. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

What's this from?

Also, this is FAR from the worst game in /domg/ history.

>start new game with a Neteret of Many Names
>second battle vs independents she gets an affliction by being hit ONCE
>Mute
time to restart
Abysia's pretty fun though

Why are you expanding with a Neteret of many names? Abysia is indeed fun, but its national troops kick ass. Use the Neteret to boost your research and provide magic diversity.

>using Neteret in combat
You deserve this, you pathetic fool.

The scourge of this game were insane ammount of scrubs in it. I have fought only 3 of them but that is why I would like to laugh them off.
First was Mictlan with 4 major blesses in MA. Was trying to raid me with his 'powerful' sacreds, but died to skeletspam. Due to awful Scales he suffered from BoT the most. And yet he did nothing to oppose Ermor, even despite his god having S9, which was enough to kill almost any ammount of Dusk Elders Ermor could have throwned in him. He was shittalking all the way, pretending that he is a meme-master, making me suffer and preventing me from winning the game. Too bad for him, you have to be a little bit competent to perform such a task.

Then Pelagia. He had S9W9 for his aquatic sacreds and conquered all the UW, killing R'lyeh and Ys. Then he attacked me, pointlessly trying to raid the shore with an insane ammount of his shitty amphibious chaff, without magesupport of course, he is a scrub, haven't you forgot? I asked him several times to make a peace treaty after I have rekt him, but he always was refusing my friendship and the last time instead of an answer went AI. Having 3 caps. And with S9 being capable to rekt anything Ermor may have throwing at him. And it's the same player who was AllMAMemegames Ulm and who pathetically lost all his shit to Malakal, letting him win.
What a fucking scrub. But whatever, at least he has PERFORMED something.

What about Ermor? His only acheivement apart from casting 4 devastating globals was conquering TienChi, who was trying to oppose him with single MAster of 5 elements before going AI. He did fucking nothing apart from that. Won't even trying to protect his Thrones from me, or interrupting my throne-rush. Always bragging about summod he brough shame to it in my opinion.

Well, all the AI players probably were equally shitty. Only C'tis and Aspho remain active till the very end. I commend them for that, though I have a slight suspicion that it was one the same personm though.

>Finally the worst /domg/ game in history is over. Turn 15 BoT, Foul Air, Wrath of God and eventually Arcan Nexus owned by Ermor scared almost all players in the game. All of that was made in the name of summod. Really shamefurr dispray. I mean the powerlessness of the scrubs in game against Ermor and their quick tendency to go AI just because, made this game horrible to play, and just everyone wanted to see it's over.
>using a titan as an expander

wtf with that quote

>You are making a mistake, you should help me remove vanheim instead, they're clearly the bigger threat.
I literally can't reach vanheim. Still, I'll wait for some battle reports before I make my decision. Plus, I REALLY don't want you getting blood stuff, so I'll have to attack you at some point anyway. Better now than when you have all vanheim's territory.

Why, thank you. But instead of giving me the game off like that, and shilling unrelated to this game mod, you really better be more concerned about actual gameplay. I believe you are actually a player far from being bad, but acting like that making you seem the same as the scrubs around.
Was that you, CoolStory?

>Plus, I REALLY don't want you getting blood stuff
And how am I supposed to get into blood?
Conjuration 8 is still a long ways away for me.

Land is not really matter since it's all ridden with unrest and low population. My 'blood economy' was 30 girls per turn at best, since there were almost nowhere to hunt. On the graphs it's not TC, but Pelagia who is huge due to conquering UW. He had a huge potential. Too bad he is a bad player to actually make some profit out of it.
I did very little diplo in this game, and what I did almost immediately turned into shit thanks to the people going AI.
Shittiest game on /domg/ I have ever played.

Really, people, try to play 6 months in SP or something. It's not really funny.

Honestly, I am not even proud about winning, all I feel is the happiness about the fact that I don't have to proceed with this shitty game. That was flesh and blood the scrub game, and now I feel myself like a king of scrubs, because I was taking it seriously.

I had some wins as Ermor, and all of them devolved into players just leaving the game. I sincerely tried to win at first, even cancerous globals were a part of my plan. You can see my research on the graphs, so you can probably understand what I was trying to do (Nexus + Wish Engine + tarts). It's just the fact that Ermor needs a lot of willpower to play late-game, and seeing that most players just left I had absolutely no incentive to play.

Not him. You have a pretty distinctive writing style, and I noticed that you name all your pretenders XXXX One or something like that. I was in 3 games with you at this point.

P.S. SUMMOD AKBAR was a meme. I decided to go with it when I saw someone on /domg/ claiming that he's gonna join all non-summod games and ruin them. That proved to be surprisingly effective, to be honest. I genuinely like summod though, but I'm not against vanilla games.

>no income

Do you mean the map? Because BoT takes a long time to draw off enough population to matter, and the income graphs don't really show that much income loss til lategame, contrasted to the province graphs.

>Pelagia

So in terms of income, it was you and c'tis in the lead the whole game and pangaea following afterwards for some of it in terms of land nations, and c'tis was your ally? Yeesh.

>domg are all scrubs that go AI

Yep. Terrible advice gets mixed liberally with good advice in the thread, and then people desperate for the win go AI the first time they lose a battle or whatev.

I see. I am glad that you wasn't sincerly aiming to blow this game only because it had no summod. But, just as I was saying previously, this game became inhospitable not thanks to your efforts, but thanks to all the participants being scrubs, and especially weak-willed scrubs.

Also I am really glad that you are not against vanila games by itself. Honestly I was under the impression that you are a mindless SUMMOD AKBAR drone, luckily it was just a meme. I can into memes sometimes too. Honestly.
Anyways, I hope we can all agree that something bad is finally over, and that is a good thing.

I see, my English is really bad and I guess I am really distinctive at that. And yeah, I am always naming my gods as XXX One to not to be bothered about the name a lot. Let's play some more in the future.

I'm not sure I can take turn 15 BoT seriously as "really trying to play the game" since you had to have known it would have annoyed people for very little strategic benefit to you, aside from other players going AI.

Honestly, we became really good with C'tis only after Ermor casting Nexus. Before that we just had trade ocassionally.

In this game Ermor was the center of gravity, and all nations were just spinning around it, making their efforts in consideration of it's existence. Ashdod was just the most active, probably because I wanted to finish it the most. So it wasn't me who was diplomonstering this game, but the game itself fall apart and I just took what was lying on the ground (lands, gems and Thrones).

I used Neteret to quickly research skelespam and shadowblast. I planned to just win all early-game wars with that, and it paid off. I was attacked by Asphodel (who I thought will be my ally) and TC, and I killed both of their armies, and even managed to get all TC's provinces after he went AI. Contrary to what some user said a little earlier, I found that using Neteret in battle is pretty cool for support spells/shadowblast. The pic is my battle with Asphodel, for example. People don't expect Ermor to skelespam much because of their free chaff, but it can prove useful both strategically (more potential skellies) and tactically (no hp rout/free blockers for shadowblasters).

TL;DR: I decided to play a non-standard Ermor build, and it was pretty viable in early-midgame.

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
>Caelum Waiting for 2h file
>C'tis Waiting for 2h file
Gath 2h file received
Jomon 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Ragha 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Utgard 2h file received

RÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ

I should've named it StalingIsHot

I actually made that post, I was expecting ermor to fight it till the end but eh I was very unaware how terrible the game was for everyone (was just a thread spectator). Congrats on the ashdod win I hope my own ashdod pulls out a win as well

That is impossible. I sent my turn almost a day ago.

>jews can't take a joke

Color me surprised.

>alter the settings
Bump up site frequency. LA is shit in that regard.

>it would have annoyed people for very little strategic benefit to you, aside from other players going AI.

How does this not count as "trying to win" exactly ?

If you have the in-game means to cripple an enemy's resources to the point where instead of fighting back he'd just prefer to leave, then by all means it's a viable strategy and he should do it.

Next you'll complain about elfing/raiding or usage of bane-venom charm as not being "legitimate", fuckken pansies.

How the fuck am I supposed to know I have 10 hours or so ingame
Anyway now I know Titans are shit for expansion even though I don't know why

Bane venoms aren't legitimate. The sheer cost to appreciably damage someone's economy is enough gems to have won the war.

That said I keep subbing into positions where people have like 800 unspent gems, so w/e I guess.

They're shit for expansion because independent troops stab them to death and you can't do anything about that without gear, buffs, or dom10, none of which you have.

Using high-path titans in battle is perfectly legitimate. As usual, don't take anything this thread says on faith because some people just randomly spout bad advice. It's a bad plan usually to take a high-path god purely to cast spells in battle because often that's a waste of design points but if you have one for some other reason (bless, rainbow paths for booster items/summoning mages) and you have the opportunity to use it in a fight there's nothing wrong with that.

No I mean, I agree with you in general terms but

>cripple an enemy's resources to the point where instead of fighting back he'd just prefer to leave

People leave due to BoT type effects LONG before they have a strategically significant effect on them. Anyone who's played a /domg/ game before knows that. And frankly, a win by pissing off a bunch of scrubs is a win. I'm not even opposed to that with two MA Ermor wins myself. But it's a bit of a separate category from innovative strategies like mage support and unit armies and fighting your enemies on the battlefield.

>the sheer cost
It's a very cheap item and it can cost your opponent significantly more than it costs you. It's not exactly a high risk strategy to make a couple.

What you want from an Expander Pretender:
*Some ways to not get beaten the heck up
*Some way to lick the enemy

Many of the Titans don't have these qualities. Instead they often have different kind of special qualities and multiple starting paths. Also, the human Pretenders are by default too weak to use as an Expander.

That leaves you with the various Monster Form and Big Guy pretenders, many of whom excel in pure combat ability. Shitton of HP, Earth magic path, high protection, Ethereal, Recuperation and Awe help with defence. If you take dominion 9 or 10 (candles) you get more awe.

Things like trampling, Fear and AoE attacks and multiple attacks are good ways to lick the enemy. Taking more death magic gives you more fear.

Pretender with lots of HP will get very noticeable amount of extra HP when it fights in friendly dominion. You Pretender getting fatally crippled depends on the amount of damage taken compared to it's makshimum HP so the extra HP counts.

Bane venom charms are legitimate, but not for damaging economy.
I see them as either for false flagging or for diseasing armies and magi

In general, if you want an expansion pretender, you want one of the monsters.

Titans are good for mid/late game shenanigans, once you can make up gear for them. You'll note they have a lot more item slots than, say, an Earth Snake does.

This means that they can add a lot more tricks (and flexibility) than a monster, even if they've a lower baseline combat effectiveness.

Indeed. Never underestimate crushing people's morale.

>make a couple

This is exactly why it's pointless. Killing a tiny amount of population with 'a couple' of bane venom charms is an annoyance, not something that harms your opponent's ability to make war. If you flooded them with bane venom charms, and had enough time for that to work, you could cripple them and force them to attack you when they already embroiled with someone else or something. 'A few' is hoping that someone is so precious over a few hundred pop that they go AI.

In the meantime you're out 5 shadowblasts or 5 skeleton horde casts that could kill actual combat units and win you a fight which could win you a war. Worse, you're harming the lands you're hoping to take. It's the strategy of someone expecting to lose, and it's not even a good version of that.

What, why would you use it for popkill? The idea is to sit it on his mage corps.

>not using them to diease mages or harassing an army that's chasing you

.. so this person just has mages sitting there with no troops that can be used to patrol with, and/or you're relying on the miniscule chance that it'll disease someone important in that tiny space of time?

Patrolling isn't fool-proof, plenty of time detection can slip past it.

Personally I keep them hidden in provinces where I know the enemy's gonna bring his stack of mages along. Then I move them along with them, ,so I get several hits on his army. It's really not that hard to figure out where a huge stack is gonna move assuming you are at war with someone. It's lone units, or people whom you're not at war with that are more unpredictable.

Also sieges I guess.

>being chased through your lands

And people are like 'why do you think it's a bad plan', well, why the fuck do you think. These plans all rely on losing - losing ground, losing wars, losing fights, losing gems.

Try winning, instead. You might find it works better.

not everyone has every fort set to patrol or high enough PD to route it out naturally. If someone gets lazy on their labrats or their capital you bet my ass I'm gonna take advantage of it. Stop thinking of it as "It's a useless item because I can't build it every game with mandatory results" and instead think "my enemy is getting lazy on his defenses lets give him a little wake up cost at a meagre 10 D gems"

in short IT DEPENDS

See I hate this mentality, the idea that "if your not attacking your losing" I agree that you have to war eventually and you should go in winning fights but sometimes you lose ground, sometimes the battle flow goes back as they reach their key research spells andyou stll have to research the counters. It's the same people who AI after losing one big battle because they think "oh I can't possible come back from this" when they easily can

>losing ground
It's not losing ground, it's cordially inviting the enemy to your killbox.
That kind of inflexible strategy of not losing an inch of your clay without a fight lost Hitler WW2.

>never have back-up plans, never retreat

Yeah I'm sure you'd make a fine commander. What's that? Invest money into fire alarm and extinguishers? Just don't burn your house you scrub.

>meagre 10 D gems!

>the price of 20+++ longdead horsemen
>the price of up to 60+ squares of 20+ AN damage and paralysis

Protip: As long as you rely on 'making scrubs quit' tactics like BoT and whatever charms, you're going to be shit at the game. No competent player is going to have a bane venom charm in their lands for long, and advancing into enemy territory they'll accept a few diseased mages as the price of doing business (and more than paid for by the gold and gems they are gaining from your lands).

pro tip: if you can't afford both you didn't site search well enough, it's not like you're forging a charm every singleturn

Sure, invite the enemy into your killbox. Use your D gems to kill him, when he's in your killbox. Being in your killbox might mean you get first turn or that his retreating forces all die, in the meantime you don't have his gold, his lands, or his gems - he has yours.

Oh, and you spent your gems on bane venom charms instead of stuff that kills people so you invited him into your 'lightly diseased box' and he killed you instead. slowclap.png

You don't understand basic math. If you have, say, 20 D gems/turn, you can use those in battle, or, you can make them into longdead horse, or, you can forge 2 bane venom charms, or some combination of the above. There is no situation there where you can forge a bane venom charm and NOT take gems away from more longdead horse or more battlecasts of useful D spells. Your combat forces ARE weaker for every bane venom charm you create.

oh no one turn I'm inconvined by making a bane venom, surely this will ruin my battle plans because I didn't summon an extra 10-20 horsies

again you sound like a guy who treats everything on a shoe-string budget and the second he losses one big battle he's gonna quit because you feel incredably behind on everything.

Or maybe, you know, you don't have D3 but have D2.

Or maybe you don't have Enchant 5 researched at that moment.

Or maybe more "undead" is exactly what you don't need since the enemy is going through them like a hot knife through butter with millions of banishments or aoe fire spells

Stop being so close-minded and realize that it depends

>misfortune isn't so bad they said!
i have the best rng this game

If you don't have enough D2 to shadowblast, no evo OR ench research, no need for additional flanking forces of longdead horse, no need for undead elephant tramplers, no need for extra skeletons as part of skelespam, and a few diseases per turn of being able to keep your stealthy guys guessing where the enemy army is going to go is going to save you, sure, build bane venom charms.

That's not a thing that happens though. Instead, people build them and then feel better about losing because they 'did damage', that they pretend was crippling but in reality it was hugely superficial. And then the thread praises them for days. Get over bane venom charms. They don't win battles. I've never seen them win battles. I've repeatedly seen someone walking some bane venom charms at me/at my armies and it's done fucking nothing. In the meantime these nations have recruitable D mages and evo 5 is not that hard to get. Shadowblast is a great spell. Longdead horse are great units, mindless light lances on legs for cheap. Behemoths take buffs better than armoured elephants and will never trample your own lines. More skelespam can be the tipping point between rigor working, or the enemy fleeing, or instead your mages getting cut down. Stop telling people to build bane venom charms.

You are one of the people I sub in for who have hundreds of gems unspent, aren't you.

I always spend my gems, I'm just not a mesier and don't think it's such a huge setback that I spent 1 turn and 10 D gems tomake a single bane venom, and you keep trying to put words into my mouth thinking that I'm adovcating constantly forging them when I simply make the point having one situational charm isn't a bad thing. Aagain having one less trampler or 10 less longdead horses isn't going ot lsoe me battles.

I can think of a lot of battles from my last set of turns where 20 longdead horse or a single buffed behemoth could have turned it. 5 d2 guys spamming Shadowblast twice each instead of skeleton horde could also have won those battles. And no, bud. People say 'bane venom charms', in the thread. They talk about 'losing one' like it's not a big deal. Multiple are being advocated. That's an obscene quantity of D gems on a tactic that 'sometimes diseases a few mages if you totally predict what your enemy is going to do'.

it doesn't matter what they adovicate, the one you are talking to me, I am saying "one or 2 occusionaly" and quit trying to tact on their arguments to mine in an attempt to diminish them, Also if your battles weres so razor tight that you needed a few more units to win then you are a trending a dangerous line of RNG factor.

Predicting where your enemy will put his forces to a reasonable degree of accuracy is actually the most important skill in strategy games...

Not that I'm all that pro-BVC but I think you're underselling the amount of diseases they put out. I recently dealt with a couple and I lost a lot of good indie mages I could only recruit from that province and had to empower another mage in blood because he wasn't worth losing. It didn't turn the tide or anything but it seemed about equal to what 20 gems. If I could've summoned those mages for 20 death gems it would've been a steal.

Does Jotunheim get Longdead/Soulless Giants for their Death-related spells like Horde of Skeletons, Raise Dead or maybe even Life After Death? If not, how do you get giant undead?