Muhammad considered Ali his right-hand man

>Muhammad considered Ali his right-hand man
>Ali wasn't even invited to the meeting that decided Muhammad's successor
How can the Sunnis defend this?

So denominational shitposting: muslim edition?

>It's a butthurt Zoroastrian episode

I'm ready for a change of pace, I am sick to death of this prot/cath/ortho horseshit, give me some Ali.

>Ali accepts the first three caliphs anyways
>Names his kids after some of them
>Becomes the fourth caliph anyway
>Somehow people are still mad

What other denominations can have shitposting? Is it mostly an abrahamic only thing?

Ibadism are the true Islam, other trend are heresy.

Ibadis are literally Sunnis on the denominational scale with minor differing views. It's like people who say Sufis are their own sect

Which are the Muslims who can do secret magic spells?

Sufis are the more mystical ones.

Fuck you Shia scum, why don't you follow Muhammad's commandments first: Don't depict a person like Ali and worship him like a deity, you scamming faggots?

I think it's cool how Shia worship Piruz Nahavandi.

I'm not Muslim.
Also I've seen Ottoman (and therefore assumedly Sunni) paintings of Muhammad.

>tfw when a good portion of Shi'a Islam is literally Persian-centric

You can't even make this shit up famalam

That's cute, but early Caliphs minted coins with image of Muhammad.

Explains why the Shias are so much less retarded than the Sunnis.

Persia was one of the intellectual strongholds of Sunni Islam, nice bait

Persians were technically never Sunnis. In Eastern Iran of Greater Iran, especially during Samanid Empire, a lot of Zoroastrian (and even Buddhist) influence existed. Persians would drink wine, dance, and etc. They pretended to be Orthodox Muslims externally, but internally, they were always Persian. Also Qarmatians were more Persian than Arab: they just wanted an excuse to sack Mecca.

anyone can shitpost but nothing beats the good old fashioned cancer of threads about christianity&islam

I want an Iranian gf tbqh

Same here senpai. A qt3.14 muslim gf that is not TOO much into religion but still perhaps manages to have me convert to Islam in time, so that we can comfily read the Quran to our children by the fireplace during the evenings.

I want a qt.14 Islam girl to seduce me into accepting Allah as my true God and master

Tbh ngl baka

>Hoe can the Sunnis defend this?
By cutting the heads of Shiites in Syria, Iraq and Iran. Obviously...

realtalk are Iranian women attractive
plz provide evidences

The ones I've noticed are quite curvy and with that awesome thick curly hair, fertility godesses

hnggggggggggg

i can dig it

M-me too. It's true that europe it's fucked, we're all submissive cucks. And yet it feels so good...

If Europe ever became Islamised we'd just become the leaders of Islam

Europe got cucked by Christianity before and then Christianity became our bitch

I for one am looking forward to having multiple wives

I've been in a Reformed vs. Orthodox debate quite a few times even though I'm not a Jew.

Shutup we're talking about qt Islam girls you nerd

Shit now I have a boner thinking about being dominated by an iranian hottie commanding me to bow down and accept allah as my god lest i get no pussy.

Following the Hadiths was the biggest mistake of the Muslim world. Most of us are acting backward and retarded because of that. Quranism is the way to go.
>inb4 "hurr durr how do I pray?"
Maybe you should read the Quran?

Are you a Quranist in as in a follower of Rashid Khalifa or simply just a Quran only muslim?

Don't let your dreams be dreams

Quran only.

Oh great, baptists, Islam edition...

are the hadiths actually that bad or is it just a meme? How do you become a Quranist? Do you need to formally convert?

Hadiths contradict the Quran a lot. They are mostly "reported claims" collected more than a century after the death of the Prophet. They are mostly ridiculous claims : the Prophet's pedophilia or the fact that an animal allegedly ate a verse of the Quran, some hadiths even claim that the greatest sin is to draw.

You don't have to convert, you just need to follow the Quran and refuse any other source (the Bible can be allowed though).

Not him. Hadiths aren't a meme. But the overwhelming emphasis placed on them in recent times and the number of false hadiths mixed with authentic ones make them contentious. The science behind hadiths is really interesting. And they're important in understanding the lexicology of the Qur'an as they were passed down and ascribed in the same manner. The issue most people have with Quranists is they can't understand Qur'anic Arabic using normal Arabic lexicons. You have to source Hadith because those transmitters were the same who transmitted meanings of words in the Qur'an.

>Shia's believe Mohammad named Ali his successor before he passed
>Sunni's believe Mohammad never named a successor, and so they picked the successor themselves
>Yet Sunni think the Shia are the non believers
>Despite Shia being persecuted and hunted by Sunni's throughout history, Shia today still consider Sunni's Muslims and want to be allies with them
>Sunni's are the ones who today hate Shia
How do they justify this?

Kill yourself homo

Shia aren't angels. Iran was a Sunni nation until it was converted by force to Shi'ism in the 17th century. And Iranian-supported death squads killed thousands of Sunni civilians in Iraq. And the Shia-led Syrian government drops unguided bombs on Sunni towns, killing thousands.

Sounds like a bunch of politics and not actually religious based

Real talk Ali was a cool as fuck guy.

>And the Shia-led Syrian government drops unguided bombs on Sunni towns, killing thousands.
Hello Muslim Brotherhood.

Protip: Over 90% of the Syrian Arab Army is Sunni. If this war was about sects, then Assad and the Alawites would have been overthrown in 2011.

Thats not true

To think Khomeini presented himself as a pan-Islamist lel

I vaguely remember reading that Ali's caliphate was the most equitable it had ever been. Can anyone confirm?

proof that god is real

>Over 90% of the Syrian Arab Army is Sunni.
The SAA is a conscript army. The majority of Syrians are Sunni. So of course the majority of soldiers are Sunni. But the majority of the officer class is Shia, because Assad favors members of his religion for their loyalty.
I don't support the rebels BTW. But the government certainly isn't perfect.

Persia is one of the great eternal cultures, like france and Japan
It explains why Shia Islam is miles ahead of Sunni

This

Also Assad has Russians, Hezbollah and Iran backing him from the start. Also lets not forget the Iran imported Shia militias from Iraq and Afghanistan.

>digging up the graves of Abu Bakr and Umar
this is beyond retarded

Kek

From what I understand, theological differences came about to Shia and Sunni after the politics based split.

Ibadi, I don't even know. Someone should fill me in on those guys.

The only theological difference is that Shia's believe that the 12th Imam will come back on the day of judgement, and Sunni's don't recognize the 12 imams. But everything up until Mohammad's passing (imo the things that define Islam) are the same. The differences are political sold to the masses as religious in order for each side to garner support for their political agendas.

Ibadi are the descedant of the extinct khawarij sect. The khawarij rebeled against Ali(r.a) and assassinated him. They were known for they brutality and takfirism. The ibadi tough seem brety peaceful. Many modern day muslims refer to ISIS as khawarij. The ibadi are ironicaly peaceful and populate Oman.

>tfw al-bukhari is written by a persian scholar

try again kafir
>Former slave
>kills corrupt faggot Omar for enslaving children
>makes heroic escape
How can you not worship him

Made some mistakes in my post. Well, I have also heard they dont reconise Uthman(r.a) and Ali(r.a) as caliphs, but i am not 100% sure about that.

hello abid al aziz aal sauud
i assume that you mean the popular mobilization forces who were made to fight isis? Of course they are supported by iran, the americans would never give anyone weapons to ACTUALLY fight ISIS. The biggest sunny tribe in iraq is fighting alongside with them now. If anyone brought chaos to iraq it was the spiteful sunny iraqi tribes who let isis in. Now after they realized how much they fucked themselves over they're changing their minds.
But yeah, keep watching al-jazira/al-arabia

Why is this board full of delusional religious fucks?

The four caliphs gained their position through raw power, family and personal connections, as well as sheer military ability.

Not because of Muhammad's divine message or otherwise.

He accepted them because it was the lesser evil, the other scenario would be them killing him and true islam would be lost forever and we would have ended up with 1.1 billion sunny
>tfw omar burned the prophets house, broke his daughters ribs (which later lead to her death). She asked to be buried at night in a hidden location so omar and abu-bakir don't participate in her funeral like the hypocrites they are (even today, the location of her grave is unknown).
>tfw he lead the islamic conquests which were very VERY un-islamic.
>tfw they stole fadak from the prophets daughter
>tfw othman was killed by a revolt from north africa for stealing all the khumus (taxes) of africa and distributed them to his family instead. there was famine in africa because of this guy
>tfw when they controlled all the media back then, to an extent that when ali was killed while he was praying, people were like "Oh ali prays?"
I could go on and on, but you'll prolly just call me a kaffir or quote abo hurayra or some shit

Ah yes, but all goods are from Allah, are they not?

>and Japan

>The four caliphs gained their position through raw power, family and personal connections, as well as sheer military ability.
I don't think either Sunni or Shia really dispute that. Their disagreement is over whether that was the right way to do it or not.

>hello abid al aziz aal sauud
I'm not even Muslim. Just a Westerner who reads about these issues.
>i assume that you mean the popular mobilization forces who were made to fight isis? Of course they are supported by iran, the americans would never give anyone weapons to ACTUALLY fight ISIS. The biggest sunny tribe in iraq is fighting alongside with them now. If anyone brought chaos to iraq it was the spiteful sunny iraqi tribes who let isis in. Now after they realized how much they fucked themselves over they're changing their minds.
No, I'm not anti-PMU. I was referring to police forces (linked to Iranian-supported paramilitaries) that operated as death squads in Baghdad after the American invasion.

Mahayana vs Theravada Buddhism

Only from the stupid Americans who follow Japanese Zen (e.g., Rinzai and Soto).

Japanese Zen is so fucking stupid, I hate it so much, and I think all of its sincere practitioners are idiots.

Most of the hadiths' validity is extremely suspect. Tons of them directly contradict each other and/or the Quran. Tons of them were made up by scholars at the request of sultans and shit so they could increase their power. They are pretty retarded.

The Quran isn't all that bad in context.

Please name specific ones?

Same goes for Muslim, Nasa'i, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud and Majah, a;; were collected by persians and Ibn Khaldun noted that most muslim scholars were persians.

There's lots of differences coming from different sources of theology. For instance the Jafari Shi'a value jurisprudence higher than hadith, and they don't have sahih (authentic) collections of hadith like Bukhari etc.
From this comes the fact that Twelver Shi'a don't ban religious iconography for instance. Twelver Shi'a pray 3 rather than 5 times a day. The shahadah is different, because it includes "and Ali is the wali of God" as the third line.

>wants a gf
>homo
One thing is not like the other...hmm....
Seriously tho stop projecting your insecurities you massive faggot.

You forgot he also killed half a dozen of Omar's best soldiers and that he's still causing Sunni butthurt 1400 years later.

Jess i love you

Sahih al-Bukhari Book 6 Hadith 9:

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:

Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o `Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

>Twelver Shia pray 3 rather than 5 times a day
They still do all 5 prayers. The only difference is they do the 3rd right after the 2nd, and the 5th right after the 4th. Instead of doing all 5 at completely separate times in the day.
Sunni do this to, but only in cases where for whatever reason, they missed one of the prayer times.