/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 4.01 SOON
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still don't have cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn to access multiplayer.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Fieldrunners was just pulled. Get Legends of Exidia before it's too late. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon leaks. Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
If you don't have a PSP game for Adrenaline access, your only option is to use a PS3 to download from PSN then transfer to the Vita. Demos cannot transfer, only full PSP games and PS minis will work.
-Adrenaline released. [Gist] readme.txt (embed)
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
gs2012.xyz/wiki/3DS_eShop_and_Online_Play_in_Outdated_Firmwares
3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits
amazon.com/gp/product/B01JSROIBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/SanDisk-Mobile-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B0081EAK34
gbatemp.net/threads/release-virtual-console-creator.446011/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

switchax when?

Stupid question but what would happen if I linked my old nnid from my banned 3ds to a brand new 3ds (11.0)

>[Gist] readme.txt (embed)

the NNID is also banned

So shotgunhax has a 1% permanent brick rate, are there any failless methods?

Fuck. That carried over from before.

gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107

So did Yiffy kill of the Vita scene?
It was kinda slow and quiet the last few weeks.

>all retards using that shitty Luma patch got their NNIDs banned

Can't wait for the public seed to go to hell too.

I recently installed luma so that I could inject in the new pokemon games, but when i boot up the cartridge it gives me a "game card was removed" message. Did I miss a step or is there something i did wrong in the process?

eshop fucked? getting 007-2914 and 005-4240 when trying to download legends of exidia and steel diver using ctr-httpwn

Reposting from last thread...

Can I buy Exidia without physically having my 3DS? It looks like you can make purchases off Nintendo's site if you make an account, and since I won't get the 3ds in the mail until the 7th it may be a smart idea to do.

What patch?

You screwed up. Dont even need luma to pokemon

Google the error codes

there was a patch for Luma to circumvent a console ID ban that made everyone use the same console ID

>All these retards buying 3DS on black friday that are unhackable

I knew that would happen, I'm glad it wasn't accepted.

>tfw we even have scalpers and people still buy from them expecting hope

El oh el

Which sd Card size should be enough for Wii u shit?

Bitch please

>tfw you bought fieldrunners hour before it was pulled
feels okay I guess if slowhax comes out soon.

Try updating luma again

i'm a retard. forgot to turn off my firewall blocking nintendo's servers, and had literally no understanding of how ctr-httpwn actually worked.

steel diver and legends of exidia now installed. time to put this thing away until slowhax.

Ocarina of time is needed if I don't want to update my 11.0 n3ds?

So after Ive completed the hacked system transfer, what directions do I follow for the actual downgrade?

plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

Ive done everything on this page.

>Continue to Homebrew Launcher (No Browser), using steelhax for your entrypoint instead of one of the ones listed.

what the fuck is shotgunhax

you literally shotgun your 3DS motherboard and hope it enables homebrew by getting rid of the security features

Im an idiot, thanks.

Also even though the guide emphasized steelhax, does it matter if I use oothax?

how can i get unlimited play coins?

walk

download play coin setter or use JKSV
>leaving your room let alone house

The bills won't pay themselves.

gotta dump out that poopsock sometimes, it gets smelly.

>not being self employed buying & reselling from thrift stores, yard sales, sale sales, and other various places to get slightly valuable shit.
>not being a neet if nothing else
c'mon user.

Should work still steelhax is just a free option

What happens to the transfering 3DS after a system tranfer if it has a9hl and luma?
Does the system transfer break the cfw?

>PSN is inaccessible on the Vita
Well, looks like it's time to try the digital-only games I was too pussy to install before. Is Crypt of the Necrodancer good?

>Risk of Rain hasn't been dumped with Mai
How odd.

I remember someone showing comparison screenshots of pokemon sun/moon with anti aliasing,

How do you enable that anti aliasing?

It will still be hacked. It just formats the Nintendo 3ds folder iirc not the entire sd card

so if I want to access the eshop w/o updating black friday 3ds's firmware to buy legends of xcidia, should I use this guide?

gs2012.xyz/wiki/3DS_eShop_and_Online_Play_in_Outdated_Firmwares

>self employed in a country where hundreds of businesses declare bankruptcy weekly
I like having a roof over my head.

>He doesn't wanna be a hobo riding the rails

Citra3ds most likely

you'll need a way to access the HBL. Once you do, use ctr-httpwn to access eshop. any of the exploits on the tables here for 11.0.0-33:
3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Doing a system transfer to a new 3DS. It's giving me a region mismatch error, even though they're both USA 3DS. Could it have to do with some setting in Luma, or the Japanese games I have installed?

>Citra3ds

Ohh I see, thanks

>not having soldering skills

If I'm using dsi+steelhax, does it matter if I update the target 3ds to 11.2?

Ordered
amazon.com/gp/product/B01JSROIBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and praying to god it comes on 10.7.

Is there a GOOD tutorial for downgrading from 10.7 and installing cfw and a9lh.

did you even read the op faggot?

amazon.com/SanDisk-Mobile-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B0081EAK34
dis good for mah 3ds?

>not having soldering skills or any of the basic equipment necessary to hardmod

feels bad man

Ignore me, I forgot I did something retarded. Thanks for reading.

>praying to god

There is no God.

Nightmare fuel

> Virtual Console Creator released
> Inject any NES, SNES, N64 and DS game as an official Virtual Console game

gbatemp.net/threads/release-virtual-console-creator.446011/

So Ive got a partial downgrade while doing sysdowngrader. I can no longer access homebrew for oothax. Do I need to reinstall oothax?

Guys, can I buy a Japanese (Nihongo) n3DS and hack it to make it work in English and play any game I want? pls reply

oh boy I can't wait to play old ROMs on my new system for the 100th time

>vita memory cards will never fall in price

if anything the prices are only going up, I'm glad I already got my 32GB for $45 since they go for like $60 now.

Can nintendo check your installed tickets/titles when playing online?

I downloaded pokemon moon, but I don't want to get my shit pushed in online play anyways, so I was thinking of just keeping the rev 0 version installed while playing other games online.

Once I install a9lh it's completely safe to flash sysnand with my existing emunand, right?

> Have a Wii U
> Been using a 128GB USB drive for Brazil Method USB games, and recently games installed on RedNAND/IOSUHAX
> Just bought a 256GB USB drive

If I were to do a total transfer from the one drive to another, will everything still work?

>Maki smoking
Disgusting.

Just use browserhax

They actually jumped $5-10 on Amazon for today
I've got a single 16GB and I somehow doubt that'll last my console's lifetime, nevermind the trouble of shuffling games
Want a 64 so bad

No one will answer you because no one knows shit here

I just updated it because I don't have any of the methods for launching on 11.1. It's working so far, I'll get back to you when I actually finish.

the ONLY reason people were getting BTFO was because idiot pokefags were going online before the game was officially released and connected to the damn servers. nothings going to happen now. nintendo cant track you and no ninjas will appear behind you

retarded question but does USPS deliver packages on saturdays? one of my 3DS packages will arrive to my local post office later tonight and I was wondering if they will deliver it tomorrow or will it sit in their warehouse until Monday?

monday im afraid

is posting pictures of pirated games directly onto miiverse a little too brazen?

Anyone doing hardmodding I'm willing to pay I just can't find anything close to my area

I read this before, hope its true. Well my o3ds is going to die anyways, if it gets banned its time to buy a new one.
Thanks m8

The Black Friday 3ds is 11.0.0-33, right?

That means that browserhax is a legit way to get homebrew channel, right?

I snapped a picture of an ingame mod, hasn't been deleted yet.

Sometimes the admins catch these things, most of the times they don't though. They only really care about profanity and curse words and shit.

I've hacked 2 3ds , using the old clunky method before a9lh. 1 3ds using the new smooth method including a9lh. Now I'm gonna try to hack a 11.0 using dsiware method. This will be interesting, wish me luck.

nope

the browser checks the firmware version

if there is a way to get the homebrew launcher on the black friday 3ds that doesn't require some 50$ game or another 3ds etc i don't know what it is

Meant to attach this image.

No. You can't even use the clock exploit anymore to access the browser, as that was fixed from 11.0 onwards.

If shit is pulled from the eshop, can we still get it from freeshop at least?
The icon for LoE makes me want to play it, and I kind of want to play Fieldrunners too.

what firmware does the black friday n3ds have?

So was over looking the 11.0-11.2 DSiWare downgrade guide and noticed that in Section 6 it lists that the old 3DS's NNID becomes non fuctional (due to the transfer)

If I was more than willing to abandon that particular NNID (for both consoles) could I just have it deleted by nintendo?

Or even farther, could n't I just system format (probably using hourglass or something) that particular device and start with a fresh hack, redownload games and reinject their saves?

it is true. im still using the lurantis leak and didnt go online before release. since the game officially released i have been online everyday and nothing has happened.

Ok m8, thanks

no. must be a legit copy for system transfer DSiWare downgrade.

So Cubic Ninja and Freakyforms are the only way to get the HBL? Fan-fucking-tastic

Anyone?

Alas, I was playing online prior and after the banwave and I too was banned eventually.
May you escape my fate, though I could easily unban myself on that 3DS, I'll wait out the 15 days.

I said I wanted to play them.

at this point im about to update the firmware anyway since there'll be no way for me to buy legends of xcidia before it gets pulled

What did you mean by this?

HOW

Nice, my only problem is my spare 2DS is El-Banno. And the only other device I could use is a cousins. I also do not really want to force his nnid onto my device...

But... not many choices for me it seems...

How much is the NNID actually used on the 3ds... With multiplayer games mainly...

All of em, thankfully there aren't many multiplayer games

can someone share their injectable for the health and safety thing?
I did mine with RXtools ages ago and now it's a redundant FBI

>How much is the NNID actually used on the 3ds... With multiplayer games mainly...
It isn't, and I will never understand why people think that it is.
There are three things the NNID is used for:
- Downloading FREE games from the eShop (you do NOT need an NNID to purchase games)
- Posting on Miiverse (who the fuck does that)
- "playing" badge arcade / logging into Pokebank

DSiWare downgrade

A good amount of people likely bought the $99 so they can upgrade from their hacked O3DS. I know that's what I'm doing.