What went wrong ?

they nearly dissappeared compared to the 90's and 00's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mY6wsZ1ynn8
youtu.be/XYGuQk0L5JA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poor sales in the US, no money to develop US cars, Hence they axed the EVO and the lancer hasn't been updated in over a decade.

They make more money on their kei cars in Japan and focused their efforts there.

Nissan/Renault just took them over so things may change, or they may just be shut down altogether.

>JDM in the poo these days in general
>Japanese enconomy took a shit
>Pulling out from Aus (their main manufacturing hub) and now make sub par crap in SEA
>doubling down on shit nobody buys
I dunno ill miss them when they go same with Sizuki but they JUST didnt do the right things to stay alive.

I dunno why everyone froth over Nissan and Toyota these days they must pay reviewers or something because the cars are absolute trash

Japan also has a problem of reusing platforms for fucking decades, ffs they still make 90's shitboxes in mexico that fail basic safety tests

>Nissan/Renault just took them over so things may change, or they may just be shut down altogether.
oh fuck

FUCK

Renault ruined nissan then it ruined its own brand

FUCKING FUCK no shit fuck

>Japan also has a problem of reusing platforms for fucking decades, ffs they still make 90's shitboxes in mexico that fail basic safety tests

To be fair most companies would do this, if safety and enviro regulations weren't updated constantly. VW did the same with the bug for nearly what 40 years in mexico?

I know but most modern platforms are overweight floppy junk.

This is a perfect example of current JDM

youtube.com/watch?v=mY6wsZ1ynn8

>Overweight
>cant turn
>newer models literally fatter and slower, less lateral g's and softer suspention than the previous models
>meme tech over complicated crap
the 17' R35 is a fucking disaster

The NSX wouldnt be so bad if it was fucknig 200k usd

>the 17' R35 is a fucking disaster

you dun goofed.

>inb4 the weeaboo r35 white knight brigade shows up.

>Japan also has a problem of reusing platforms for fucking decades

All manufacturers do mate. A new platform is a not inconsiderable expense that most manufacturers will flog along for decades if they can get away with it. I mean heck the yanks keep shit in service like the Crown Victoria for decades, as did Ford Aust with the Falcon for some obscenely long periods of time. They might change some panels so it looks 'new' and begrudgingly fix things that kill people, but the chassis tends to be much-a-much from one year to another.

don't be dumb

Did you watch the video?

the 2017 r35 understeers like a pig now rendering all its tech autism useless because of floppy suspention.

Its literally useless
Shame with each revision chassis have been getting worse from a handling and weight perspective since 2002

What the fuck are they smoking? Why dont they experiment with Blended Alum or something?

So many cars are dangerously heavy and need meme assists to keep dumbshit drivers from crashing

>Renault cucks
We both know whos really dumb here matey and it aint me facken tell ya rite now

yeah renault saved nissan
it would be dead otherwise

They don't make anything to set them aside from the competition
Why buy a mitsu econobox over a toyota or honda? If you want cheap there's kia/hyundai

I don't need to watch the video to know its crap, but you have to realize that there are resident 'muh r35 is godcar' faggots on here are going to ruin this thread.

Good it deserved to die an honorable death rather than these horrid SUV, useless 4WD and stupid fucking crossover meme mobiles we have now like the fucking cube muraue and quishieisiesie whatever the fuck its called
Who cares its true

10 years ago the R35 was legit amazing but now they ruined it with flobbyness and fucking 9 years old skyline is just sad.

R36 isnt even in the works is it?

yeah that also mean no 350 Z no 370 z no new GTR

My mom had a Diamante with leather interior, sunroof, etc. I remember how awesome the dash and instrument cluster looked. It was also pretty quick from what I remember. A buddy and I got it up to 120 on the highway pretty easily once, and it still felt stable.

Other than that I have never seen a misubishi I truly liked. The Evo never appealed to me, and the eclipses just look like beaner machines.

I won't miss them aside from that one car.

350 was pigfat and shit anyway.

Didnt have the good looks, performance or anything that the skylines and silvias had and nissan still havent come up with a lightweight sucessor to the S15

They are dead inside they deserved to die 10 years ago at least they went out with a bang.

Unlike zombie nissan who are all concept and no show and making their once good cars worse over time

Uh yes the Aussie Mitsu Magna/380

Absolutely mental old beast and that v6 hauled serious ass it rekt alot of 3800 dunnydoors and 4.0l falcotaxis back in the day

The problem with the eclipses was that at least the last two gen models were based on the Galant's architecture, that's why they were so fat looking, and oddly proportioned.

It also didn't help, by doing that they made the cars pig fat.

yeah no they would just have gone out without a word
the new GTR is an enormous success
and you need to sell shit car to makes money
no all brand can be Porsche

>So many cars are dangerously heavy and need meme assists to keep dumbshit drivers from crashing

Basically, manufacturers won't spend one red cent more than they have to and they operate in their own little reality where they can't actually function without some kind of government handout to keep them afloat.
Any other business will sink and die for making the wrong mistakes, automotive companies- gib money! We're doing you a favour by making cars!

3.5 liter v6, ugh. If I could find a 5 speed I would buy one just for nostalgia and an eventual turbo.

I always liked the 350z, Don't know why Veeky Forums hates so much
I think it is a good looking car, and it performed just as good as the silvias did for their time. The only knock against it is muh pigfat

This has been a thing since the mid 70's though its hardly unexpected

Besides there is way to many brands that are exactly the fucking same nobody would miss them if they died.

Barely anyone outside of China or USA gives a shit about modern cars let alone upmarket models
did u yanks ever get the 2005-2008 or AWD models with the factory supercharger? Shit was mental

I sense a busrider...

The problem with 350z is its too fat to out handle a miata or even an Rx8 at the time, but too slow to out run a proper V8 Mustang or camaro.

370z has the same problem and its why its such a poor seller too.

The interior is dog shit as well, on top of the fact that you'll see 5 every mile

It looks like a depressed fat seal

Jesus christ
>Dem handles
>Dat Dash cluster
>Those horrid gauge surrounds
>Tackey fake metal plastic everywhere
Even the seats look like aids

also sound like vacuum cleaners from a grand turismo game

I'm not sure, but I'm about to find out. If we did I'm going to snatch one. That sounds amazing

Just import the running gear from aus

Dont bother with the factory s/c if you cant get them there just turbo the cunt

They still build a couple of vehicles worth having, although I fear one of them is not long for this world... ):

>IRS Pajero
>AWD
>Worth Having
Lol no

>We can't all be Porsche

They make the Cayenne, Macan, and the Panamera for a reason. This is even considering theyre VAG members so they have more financial freedom than most. (Backup brands) Ferrari lives off of key chains and perfumes.

>We can't all be Koenigsegg
Ftfy

>implying the double wishbone/multilink Pajero doesn't flex more than the torsion bar/three link coil Pajero
>implying superselect is full time AWD
You sure sound as though you know what you're talking about.

LOVE ME!

You can get pick up trucks that weigh less.

fat cars need lovin too

someone post the suv concept

this one?

>Fairlady Z is crossover
>EVO will be crossover
>You will crossover

I think they focus more on cars to 3rd world country because it's cheaper to develop.
they have the space Star and the Attrage, they chep.
also here in Israel Mitsubishi doing pretty good

It's 2/3 the price of the 488, the original was 2/3 the price of the 348 so it makes sense

And it's basically a baby 918 Spyder

I love Mitsubishi for the EVO, 3KGT, 6G Galant VR-4, and Eclipse/Talon/Laser turbos

I hate them because we never got the good trims like the cunt who said there was an AWD S/C'd Diamante in Australia, or the 7-8g Galant VR-4s or the 3KGT MR edition, or the FTO

I mean fuck, we didn't even get a Legnum for fuck's sake

whats the difference between the Space Star and Mirage? Here in NA, the Mirage has 90s level temp switches

I think they are pretty much the same(they have the same Engine), just the Attrage is bigger

this

They sell quite a lot of Pajeros/Pajero Sports here since the roads are shit and Outlander is like 2nd most popular SUV

I wish I could buy a current gen Mitsubishi Masturbator

I miss my '90 Eclipse GS-T.

It was a really cool car back then. Then ricers fucked it all.

>Mitsubishi Masturbator

Pajero means masturbator in Spanish

I almost bought a Mirage CVT because I'm a poorfag and that 43MPG was tempting

Mitsubishi salesman never called me back though

>Mirage CVT
>CVT

The CVT gets better fuel economy than the manual

Sure it's boring as fuck to drive but muh MPG bro

the new style or the old one?

>This is a perfect example of current JDM

The new NSX is a made in usa abomination funded with japanese money.

I dont trust cvts with their belt wires, and neither does my wallet

The new NSX is great, take off your rose-tinted glasses

I was looking at the new one, because the old ones had tons of issues apparently...I've seen a couple of the old style driving around, both times being driven by a woman

As far as hypermiling shitboxes go, I still think the Mirage is probably the cheapest/most efficient car to buy right now. It feels a bit like a go kart because of the CVT and no need to understand gearing...it really is a perfect car for teenagers and young adults who don't have much money, insurance is cheap too. I would wait for the 2017 models to depreciate in price before buying one though, it's too bad there is no 2016 model year

DONT LISTEN TO THESE AUTISTS. HERE IS THE REAL STORY.

In the 90s mistubishi america decided to do a massive sale where there was no interest, no repayments for like 5 years and some other thing that was also free. Now mitsubishi thought good ol americans would be just like the Japs they were used to and would repay their debts when it was time... WRONG fat burger eating amerifats defaulted on the loans and low and behold mitsubishi basically just gave them free cars to drive around for 5 years. After this mitsubishi nearly completely ran out of money and had to cut the quality of their cars greatly which is still in effect today.

Trust amerifats to actually bankrupt an entire company

Heres the wikipedia entry: 0–0–0[edit]
In an effort to boost sales in the U.S. in the early 2000s, Mitsubishi began offering a "0–0–0" finance offer—0% down, 0% interest, and $0 monthly payments (all repayments deferred for 12 months). Initially, sales leapt, but at the end of the year's "grace period" numerous credit-risky buyers defaulted, leaving Mitsubishi with used vehicles for which they had received no money and which were now worth less than they cost to manufacture. The company's American credit operation, MMCA, was eventually forced to make a US$454 million provision against its 2003 accounts as a result of these losses.[42] As a result, sales plummeted to 243,000 in 2003, 139,000 in 2004, 124,000 in 2005, and 119,000 in 2006.

>suspention

>Always wanted to get the GTO
>But somehow got pic related.

I'LL BUY YOU NEXT TIME.

>What went wrong?
There is a separate american side and japanese side to the fall of mitsubishi. In general, the company got managers that sacrificed the long term in return for short term gains that supported their personal interests.

Of note is that Mitsubishi Auto division had a series of public scandals in Japan. The corruption of their management was fairly well entrenched, so the japanese public began to lose faith in published performance claims and published stats. The company kept getting caught up as management would inflate or fake claims in order to get their retirement or other bonuses before cashing out. That's certainly not unknown in asia, but the Mitsubishi auto division had the misfortune of having it occur so many times decade after decade.

Thus, people stopped buying cars. Starved for cash to fund research and development and testing and infrastructure to compete with the other companies, they fell farther behind. One of the short term solutions management did to look good was to cut R&D by a bunch. That made their short term budget look good at the expense of long term. Of course, the future is someone else's responsibility so why not mortgage the future in order to have gains in the current term to pad the retirement and exit bonuses?

Nissan bought Mitsubishi since they already had overlap in the kei car project and Nissan wanted the south and southeast asian dealership locations to expand Nissan sales.

Everyone in this thread seems to forget that Daimler-Chrysler bought a lot of mitsubishi stocks in 2001 and starved them in development, since they financially struggled themselves in that time. Then daimler-chrysler decided to fuck off in 2005.

Fucking chrysler was responsible for the downfall aswell. So was the asian-crysis in the late 90s and as mentioned before various scandals.

Have some nostalgia aswell:

youtu.be/XYGuQk0L5JA

who the jew?

best car in gran turismo 1.

>Pajeros are shit now
>No more gallant VR4
>evo x a shit

They still exist. Just fewer stealerships because it isn't a best selling car.

The AWD system is gud even in 10in of snow if you know how to drive. AWD lock feels very solid on ice or in the snow.

My 2012 2.4L SE AWD

I forgot.

Pretty good gas mileage too. I get 22-26 driving fast and half city. 30mpg driving shifting under 3k

No ragrets

Le 0 down, 0 intrest, 0 payments for 12 months meme

>tfw when inheriting mom's grey w/bronze interor '03 Diamante LS.

It's a little rough,but nothing a weekend of cleaning and TLC can't fix.