/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

How to set sliders to make my female redguard attractive?

I know one of you fuckers did this. So, which one of you was it?

that is dumb and I hope they change it

Is it possible to filter out Guild advertising spam in zone chat?

with an addon, sure

Would it be a bad idea to use for PvE solo and group content dual wield + 2handed weapon stamina sorcer with the skillset for imperial city pvp/pve?

You can put those people on your ignore list but it blocks everything they say.

yes. PvE gear in PvP will get you dead fast

meant the opposite, I want to use pic related for dungeons and trials
but I'm not sure it's as good there as it is in pvp

Looks like it might've been @Kream45

What mount upgrades should I focus on first?

speed>capacity>stamina

Speed > Inventory > Stamina

or Speed > Stamina > Inventory if you plan on being hardcore into PvP

>doing WGT
>get to inhibitor
>wipe once cuz portals
>"healer do you know this place?"
>"nop"
>"good luck with the dungeon guys :)"
>1 dps leaves
>tank saying he's going afk for a min or so
>go to bathroom for a piss
>come back to see grahtwood's loading screen
what the fuck? we could've have just booted the healer instead of disbanding the thing

Does this game have any important missable stuff?

I regret picking the EU server. Free weekend and discount seems to have brought in lots more Russians.

>block a bunch of russians speakin in Glenumbra chat
>try to form a group for Spindleclutch
>2 russians i had blocked show up near the spindle entrance and start jumping infront of me like madmen waiting for an invite
>ignore them as other people join the group

Are races really essential to make a class work properly? I'm a high elf stamina sorcerer but my race is better for a magicka sorcerer, not sure if I should change or just keep going

do you care about min/maxing?

if yes, remake
if no, keep going

I only care about min maxing if It's the only way to do content
it is? especially asking for maelstorm arena

Just keep playing, it's not that important. If it really bothers you in a few months or whatever, you could always spend a few bucks to change race.

not really. but if you were to play on a stamsorc with a magrace for a while and then switch to a stamrace, you would notice a difference in performance. 10% extra resource is a resonable amount, and so is regen.

No, you can do all content with any race/class.

min/maxing meta faggotry is only for getting top leaderboards which is useless

That's good to Know, thanks.
I'm almost at lvl 50 and starting to look forward endgame content, looking at guides, etc...
altough I still can't distinguish between "min-max" territory and "just enough to do content" terrirtory.
I'd guess skillsets, passives and CP points allocation from guides it's the latter while races and specific crafted gear with specific traits it's the former
I wouldn't mind doing something different from the usual weapon combination (like using a two handed weapon which seems to be absent from any current meta build of any class) but I know that would just throw my dps out of the window
so yeah here I am overthinking shit instead of playing the actual game

At least you're thinking about playing the game, I'm just here trying to get my character to look right in the character creation screen for the last three days.

Also really hate the character delete limit, so I can't just create them and then delete if I don't like them over and over again.

This shit worth it for ten dollarydoos? Even if i'm not a major eso fan?

Yes, I'm not a big TES fan and I like TESO more than Skyrim.

How was your first experience in ESO and what hooked you?

I'll tell mine

>Bought the game on an impulse for me and my gf because I love MMOs and my girlfriend loves Skyrim
>We do the tutorial together
>Finish the tutorial
>gf picked a bosmer because she loves them for some reason and loved playing a, you guessed it, stealth archer in Skyrim
>I pick a Templar because I like the idea of roleplaying a DEUS VULT kind of character
>as soon as we appear and she gets her after-tutorial-bow she gets excited and equips it
>starts shooting everywhere
>she hits a civilian on his face
>our faces when everyone starts attacking her
>we're like "WHAT THE FUCK", we never expected this kind of interaction with NPCs
>I heal her
>now I'm being attacked
>we run like hell because low level and guards hit like a truck
>we run to the beach and find items that we can pick up and a fucking hidden chest that you have to lock pick
>we spend our first hour on the game being fugitives of the law
>fell in love with the interactivity of the world and how it made it feel so alive

Have 300 hours and rising since that day. Fun times.

Your gf played Skyrim and didn't think that shooting her bow around aimlessly in a town might be a bad idea?

I had a similar experience while playing with frineds; I was doing the /drink animation where you hold up a bottle, and one friend says "hey hold that up again I'll do a trick" and shoots an arrow at the bottle. of course it goes right through and murders some offscreen NPC, so I get to watch him chased and beaten by the guards up a bridge, which he had to jump off and swim to escape, yelling over the mic all the while. just sitting in town and watching people idly spamming spells or swinging swords get wrecked is always a treat.

I think what drew me in though was Cyrodiil way back in the beta. It's just so fucking big, I think it's actually bigger than Oblivion was, and it feels like a real place with rolling hills and fields, rather than all crammed together. the pvp was great too. getting ambushed while picking flowers, sneaking into enemy held Cheydinhal and dueling another player on the bridge, and never just getting one-shot, always having a chance.

hows the pvp in this game?
Would being a caster and just sitting back shooting spells into large crowds and watching people die be a fun way to play this game? thats what i like to do but idk if it would work in this game.

world pvp is basically that; defending forts means standing on the ramparts dropping AoEs on people trying to breach the walls.

k im sold. lol.

>How was your first experience in ESO
I can't remember anything about Bleakrock or Bal Foyen but when I got to Stonefalls shit really picked up, people standing around naked and heavy banter in the zone chat, some fucking noob in the smithing area constantly doing the /shout emote (I still do this from time to time)

Rate mai lizard

uglyandloweffort/10

long shot says it increases damage against targets that are farther away. Does that mean i can use my sorcerer spells with a bow and do more damage to further away targets? The tooltip seems to suggest so.

looks like every other lizard

I spent like 45 minutes making her ;_;

>became bonnie and clyde right out of chargen
Pretty good intro.

I think what hooked me wasn't any experience in particular but the general feel of the game, the way the combat is better than pretty much any other TES, the "comfy" feeling of it (as much of a meme as comfy is), being able to wander the world as an adventurer, seeing other adventurers and not really being the chosen one (outside of ignorable main story nonsense), etc.

I was sitting on a beach in Stonefalls watching the lava flow into the ocean and listening to distant eruptions when I subbed.

Tits-Hang-Low/10

sounds like some sort of indian name.

The character creator is an annoying tool, more time spent in it doesn't equal better looking character.

Or an, you know, argonian name?

I'm downloading this now and will probably start playing tonight. Is there any helpful newbie essential information I should know? I'm leaning towards a Templar tank because smiting foes is cool.

hahaha goddamit you just ruined it.

I made a character but I don't like how he turned out, if I delete that character will I lose the collection stuff I redeemed on that character like hair and mounts?

no, collection is permanent

Nice, thanks. I got scared because it said I would lose everything.

fucking cucked by talent calculator again

I think it looks good. People who don't appreciate lizards shouldn't judge imo

Hey guys, my tank is about level 24 or so. I've been reading up on skill set ups and guides to help my character and I find that I can tank most dungeons without much issue.

Sometimes though, random dungeon finder puts me with players who are like cp 400+, and I notice that I feel extremely squishy tanking. This also tends to be dungeons that seem a lot harder like the DLC dungeons or that imperial prison thing.

Is this just a result of my character not able to properly scale up? Should I just try to power level as much as I can and worry about tanking later?

2 skill points at the end of the mages guild questline. Don't know anything else tho cause I'm new.

What is the price of ancient elve motifs at the moment? Started playing again and had a few in my chest, but cant find anything in the guild stores

T-thanks

which negate morph for pvp? heal or damage?

I just got to Davon's Watch. What's the earliest point / place in the game I can respec?

Depends on your intended combat class - DPS, tank, healer, etc? Even something as complex as eve online has to follow these basic rules.

I have no idea what I'm doing, can I irreversibly fuck up my character?

The amount of quests in this game seem really overwhelming for a newcomer. Should you do all of them?

What kind of fucking jewery is this? If I'm stuck I have to fucking pay gold to be able to play again even though it's the fault of the shitty programming skills of ZOS?

no

City of Mournhold, in Deshaan, which is the next zone after Stonefalls, which is where you're at now.

No because respeccing attributes and skills is cheap. Only thing is racial choice. Just pick if you want to do a stam or mag build, then pick a race that has bonuses to those. If you don't like any of the races with stam/mag bonuses that match your build, pick a race with health bonuses. Worst is playing stamina Altmer.

If you're OCD like me then yes. Also do them for you know, the story. Otherwise just focus on the main faction quest to advance the storyline.

most random sidequests you find in the world are just for a little flavor

you have to pay like 150g, maybe up to like 1k if you've recently traveled, if it works the same, not sure, and that's at lvl50.

it's next to nothing. if you are pissed about having to pay that pittance, maybe you are the jew here. I assume that they put a cost to it so it can't be abused to skip travel costs on normal quick travel.

and travel to player is already free

a lot of other mmos dont let you attack anyone in town

yes, but there are a number of optional quests (like the dreugh invasion in stormhaven that I completely missed until I took I route I haven't before) that result in a pacified area that is easier to traverse if you need to go that way again.

it's rather more noticeable when I'm out collecting writs in another alliance I haven't been to before with that character.

>How was your first experience in ESO and what hooked you?
My first experience with ESO and my first MMO experience was in the beta. The starter islands were so packed with people starting new characters that there were immersion breaking crowds everywhere and I wound up competing for spawns with dozens of other players. On top of that I sucked at combat. Not really a good experience.
One night very late, when the crowds had thinned, I went out exploring. It was a beautiful night in Stonefalls, the moons were out, off in the distance a sorc was dropping lightning on something. I got immersed. That's when I decided to buy. Never regretted it.

What's up with this main quest stuff? The prophet tells me to go to the harborage, I do some quest for him, he tells me to fuck off for now, I visit some wayshrine and he immediately asks me to come back to the harborage.

Why the fuck did you tell me to fuck off if you want me to return immediately?

Is he playing games with me?

when he appears is based on your level so if your level is high enough when you complete one quest, he just appears again instantly and offers the next. they should really increase the level checks for MQ, considering how easy it is to "overlevel" it. not that it's much of a problem desu

it used to be once every 5 or so, but everything is scaled now so it's immediately available.

you should still complete your faction's main questline before Sancre Tor, otherwise you get continuity errors (character dies at the end, then he's back again in a quest you put off) or not knowing the npcs that act like they know you.

What's a good race just to try the game, free wekeend and all that
Am I limited to characters?
How do classes work here?

I'm currently wondering if I should try magic for once in these kind of games and I'm making a qt High Elf, dunno if I should go with Woof elf though, or even Dark elf

Or make a qt redhead Nord girl

Last time I played a MMO was TERA beta

Thanks. I'll make sure not to rush the main quests and do normal quests inbetween.
I'm a new player, so wasn't aware it didn't use to be this way.

>traditional dunmer magsorc
or (pic related)
>radical nord stamsorc

I just found a crafting motifs 11: ancient elf, is that worth anything?

also, join the fighters and mages guilds as soon as possible. you level FG levels by killing daedra/undead, MG levels by finding lorebooks, and you need to be faction level 5 to complete their questlines.

there's also the undaunted, which you level by doing dungeons, and the DLC has thieves guild and dark brotherhood as factions and skill lines.

Thanks, I already joined both FG and MG when I got to Davon's Watch.

The first undaunted quest sends me all the way across the map, so that will have to wait for a while.

Not sure if I want to start DB and TG yet, because they both want to send me to another map and I'd like to explore all ofStonefalls first.

>Making my character
>LOL LOST CONNECTION
FOR FUCKS SAKE

if you go afk or alt-tab for too long 5 min I think on either character select or creation screen it will boot you from server

yeah, I've been playing for 3 months and only done the introductory quests for TG and DB on my characters. the game is huge, but I did roll different characters in all alliances.

I'm testing voices as shit, god dammit 3 times now,

Is there (E)RP in this MMO?

Yeah.

if this is to your taste:

Is there anyway to buy armor and weapons from players? I haven't found an auction house.

>beta

I had a similar experience. Played as the exact opposite kind of character i wanted to when it came out so I wasn't that annoyed about the wipe; ended up playing female bow DK bosmer running around through auridon.

Stayed up all night exploring while listening to daft punk, got to where they'd blocked lyris' quest in the harborage storyline and decided that was time to have a break and get some sleep.

That party when the server didn't shut down was amazing too

Why do you ask?

look for guild traders in main towns, those are the auction houses

>getting random whispers from a guy 20 levels below me asking if i had any gear he can have

So I just checked out ESO fashion, is it me or does it feel like most of the additional purple motifs are variants of the blue (and imperial) racial styles?

Also Breton alternative when?

Fucking PC restarted when I went to bed to download TESO. I'm so fucking angry. Only got to 10 percent. God fucking damn it. Fuck you fuck you FUICK YOU

Also "you must wait 12 seconds before posting an image reply. Veeky Forums Pass users have lower cooldowns" wtf? wtf is going on today?

If my FPS starts dropping when I increase the SubSampling quality, what is it that I need better? CPU or graphic card? Or both? If it's CPU, do I need more GHz or more cores? sry for shit english

Didn't you hear that Veeky Forums is bleeding money at sanic speed and Hiroshimoot is looking to sell the site before he has to shut it down?

So wait, which races uses frost?
Beacause I made a High Elf sorc and all I see is thunder

Can I change name I noticed a typo? I'm in what I asume is the tutorial

Which class fits better with Dunmer racial bonuses?

>daft punk
ayyyyyyy Mah Fellow Friend

what did you listen to, mostly? everything?