/mcg/ - Mine raft General - C418's cat edition

Last thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Bky7bdSP
youtube.com/watch?v=ggYoL_IaV9k
strawpoll.me/11733725
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw no hobo

hey everyone

So Hobo is probably dead, right? Just like the last guy who was paying for hoboserb.

Maybe Hoboserb is cursed.

Isn't the
>when hobo stops paying by the 23rd
message really old though?
Maybe the serb going down is just coincidence?

It was different a month or two ago. Maybe it was a joke.

I assumed that the 23rd is just when the monthly payment is due and that the "when" part of it was the joke.

I searched the news for the death of a homeless man in Australia over the past few days, but didn't find anything. Hobos die all the time, so it may have not make it to the papers.

Do you think it was the abbos, or the emus?

>Get minecraft itch
>mojang somehow made combat even worse
>no matter what I do I'm not having fun
Not even christmas is this disappointing

You fucked the title.

It was most likely an abbo riding an emu

Don't you think I know that?

>hi turmfalke
hello xXxSPoRKY2004xXx
I have no idea who you're mistaking me for

There's literally no point playing vanilla uness you're BRAND NEW at the games. They lost their direction long ago and the only shit they add is either "community is getting restless, better churn out a useless but pretty mob or block" and "dude wouldn't this be cooooool tho?!". Sure there's a few neat redstone-esque things, but it isn't worth putting up with all the bullshit.

Why do we have a skype but not a discord?

advanced enough where i wanted a new design

end-game AE2 is literally MAWPC but i like it

>Sure there's a few neat redstone-esque things

hell even that's not worth it because i'm pretty sure all vanilla redstone has modded equivalents (are there exceptions?)

not to mention modded has way more redstone shit.

why haven't you tried modded yet?

it's really easy to get into. years ago i remember being reluctant because i thought i'd have to memorize a ton of recipes, but it turns out there are mods that fix that quickly display recipes for anything.

Discords kill threads and are very much a reddit thing.
Only good use for them is containment when you already have a circlejerk, or for individual servers, or other things that are not anonymous.

Since no one ever talks about skype in the thread, I assume it's ded, or people who actually use it know how to contain themselves.

no bully

Just made 2 renders.

good to see you noodlor
nice renders as usual

hype 4 esl minecraft

Old tower with buttresses

Yeah. Automating everything is fun. Actually just playing creative is boring.

Thanks, Big Guy! It's all part of ChunkWorld Redux. An improved version of the first map with all the 15x15 builds.

Pic related; the very first version ;^)

top left would be my pick of the buildings from this pic
very nice

Why are you namefagging anyway

There is no reason for you to be doing so

same reason as noodlor i suspect
people like my stuff, so i keep posting with it. but thats objective to the person viewing

but you aren't posting shit anymore
you retired from content creation, so retire the name

>people can't like your content unless you attach your name to it
At least be honest about the fact that you're attention whoring.

I'm playing IC2 on 1.10

Hello dear /mcg/, it's been a while since I kept up with Minecraft.
What modpacks are the recommended/least worse now? Last one I played around with was with one of the thousands of iterations of the FTB main pack, Infinity Evolved I believe, but now I can't even install the launcher anymore because it's been replaced by some curse client thing that gives me nothing but a Windows Installer error. Is it kill? What should I do if I want lots of industry mods with a little pint of magic?

I do notice there's a "Curse Modpack Downloader" on the OP, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it/to do with it

>would you play on a TFC server?
>would you prefer no admin interaction, or would you be okay with an admin trading with other players, talking in chat, and just playing on their own server?
>and how would you feel about these mods being added? pastebin.com/Bky7bdSP if they were added there would be no extra installation steps required, or just 1 at most

M A K E Y E R O W N

On the FTB Mainpage there is a legacy install underneath the big install button.

Trust me it's worth it to stick to the classic.

are you asking a question or quoting something?

if you're asking, a question
Yes I'll play
Of course admins can play on their own server, why wouldn't they be allowed to
and additional mods are vital for TFC, I'd argue for lots of content mods to be added as well, as vanilla TFC is pretty shallow

Huh. Somehow that detail completely escaped my attention, thank you user.

I would love to, but sadly I never took the time to learn how to mod minecraft on a "mod by mod" basis, so to speak, so I tend to stick with the big, bloated releases.
I'm guessing compatibility issues with trying to make your own makes the entire thing a hellish process to do, though?

Linking to previous Bread.
Does this line issue happen with any other game or just Minecraft? card

I ended up just getting a gtx 1070 to replace my R9 280 3GB which will be here in a week that I promise to not just use to play minecraft

I'll be able to see if it is poor driver support or just the architecture not up to par with Nvidia.

I'd figure that much after having AMD for about 4 years now. I'm finally done with their shit and probably won't be looking back ever. Thanks.

Samurai Jack was the best show to come out in a long time.

asking
ty for your feedback

Yeah I'd play tfc

And the more mods the merrier

It's incredibly easy thanks to MultiMC™!

>download MultiMC
>create a new instance
>download all the mods you want and dump them in that instance's mod folder
>go to instance settings and press install forge button
>set some other things like dedotated wam if necessary
>launch instance

There, 100% your taste, 0% bloat.

I will have a look at this then. Many thanks, user

we have an irc, it's like discord but better

Only happens in minecraft so far, haven't played many other games recently though.

The skype is probably the MofSkype, but I could be wrong, and that thing's been around a long fuckin' time because most of them don't want to get away from the shitty program for some reason.

Hoboserb has a discord, but with the serb ded, it's kinda wonk right now.

The IRC has been around for a long, long time because I thought people might be up for actually doing Single Player With Chat™ but it never took off.

I've been working on a TFC instance with basically those addon, progress up to some machine age with IE and Railcraft/trains in general, and TC as a sidegrade for magic around iron, but without any oregen alterations and ShinColle as a lategame thing and resource sink. So all the basic TC materials aside from Greatwood would have to be created with the alchemy part or maybe crafting. I'm maybe halfway through adjusting recipes and shit but stopped fixing that for now because I wasn't at that point in my personal playthrough anyway. I wouldn't mind finishing this and maybe adding something else, then throwing it on a server in a couple days.

That sounds like it would be a really nice pack to play

WurmCraft Ultimate """"""Lite""""""

After some reviews, It's properly finished.

Namefagging is handy to Ctrl-F my OC posts. Otherwise I'm just shitposting about Mojang here!

Besides /lgbt/ & /mlp/ (Asie's favourite!), What other boards do you all visit at 4chim?

>Direwolf simply went full nope on omega bees
I guess not even he has patience for bees anymore, oh wow.

>/mlp/ (Asie's favourite!)
I have no idea what you're talking about.

M O D S
O
D
S

What model memepad is that

X220, I upgraded from an X200 a while ago.

The trash man cometh...

recommend me a god tier texture pack or your mother will die in her sleep tonight
pixel perfection not permitted

Unity

>Find three villages and a desert temple playing solo
>Load of great loot
>Night
>Le skeletons appear
>Get shot to death
>YOUR HOME BED WAS MISSING OR OBSTRUCTED

I remember why I don't play this game

>Not having a shield
>Not having armor
>Not putting your bed in an area that doesn't have anything blocking it
>Not making a waypoint
>Playing anything past 1.7.10

>vanilla

(you)

Anyone happen to know if bleeding and poisonous modifiers in tinkers construct stack with each other? Or does only one do damage, effectively overriding the other?

youtube.com/watch?v=ggYoL_IaV9k
And unsurprisingly enough, everything changed once again.

Azanor is the most schizophrenic mod dev.

But if this means no more unfitting minigames, i'm fine with it.

I still hate him for scrapping the TC2 research mechanic. Yeah, it wasn't fancy, but it actually got you out in the world exploring.

well according to the video, the basic researches will do just that, and the connect the dots minigame will be reserved for the more complex researches or "theories".

>Those tentacles in the background

the entire time all i wanted was for him to go look at the damn thing.

Why does thaumcraft look like ass now? What happened to the Thaumometer?

what do i build here?

I'm about halfway finished setting it up. Would you be okay with the world having a pre-existing rail system that was made about a year ago using worldedit? It was created to give players a way to travel anywhere from 5,000 to 25,000+ blocks away to a variety of different biomes without nether traveling or anything like that. Players will still have to make their own mine carts to use it. But if more than half of people don't want that and just want a completely new world with no rail system, then that's how I'll start the world off

strawpoll.me/11733725

>mekanism
nice.

he hasnt figured out jsons yet

>What happened to the Thaumometer?
1.8+

I'll use the same seed regardless of which way the votes turn out, so either way the terrain will look nice. Whether you want relatively flat land to build on or mountains to build into, there'll be something for everyone right at spawn

I remember someone actually figured out how to do the rendering and fix it in the newer versions but he never took the guy up on it, and just stuck with.. that.... embarrassment.

what were the "essential" thaumcraft addons i saw someone mention a few weeks ago here?

Fuck this piece of land in particular

Not shown, the basalt volcano behind me and the village walls that surround it.

I like the idea of a TFC serb. I hope you'll keep us updated on what your going to do.

Love,
user.

anyone know what happened to Veeky Forumscraft server?

I'm gonna get some sleep now. Tomorrow I'll look into paid hosting options. The votes on the strawpoll will determine whether the world has a pre-built rail system in it or not, leading to about 5 different locations over a distance of 25,000+ blocks

Always go dedibox, It's just cheaper if you can handle the power.

Kimsufi is wonderful for this sort of thing.

And does anyone know of a program like amidst that works with TFC?

Trees :3

Bigger tree's

>Painterly
Nice. Literally best texture pack in existnce

Farm or maybe a general settlement.

>tfw all the mods are ever so slowly trickling into 1.10
>all the 1.7.10 versions have been abandoned
feels bad man

Fun is still possible user, don't give up

Giving that pack a go.

Time to wake up Mr. Freeman...time to wake up and..smell the ashes.

>Creeper hiss in the distance.

You can probably still make unique mod packs with mods you've never given attention to in the past, such is the size of 1.7.10's mod library.