EVE Online General /eog/

Overheat Your Painters Edition.

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free sp, beg for it here if you have to.
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Now:
>ASCENSION DEPLOYED updates.eveonline.com/date/2016-11-15/
>EVE IS NOW F2P GOY
>Rewards, Gnosis, Goggles and a new destroyer, don't forget to redeem it.

Future:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, visual updates AND also free stuff, plus a new ship

Past:
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

games.chruker.dk/eve_online/
eve-gatecheck.space/eve/
youtube.com/watch?v=xxPN6L09hU8
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Guide_to_Logistics
zkillboard.com/kill/57524748/
zkillboard.com/kill/57552428/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thanks calvin

The secret to going through player controlled null is to claim that you're an alt and you need an invite to the intel channel. I got 60 jumps in.

How up to date is this site?
The item database seems really nice.

>games.chruker.dk/eve_online/

whats the best way of mad grind of isk for a new player?

fuck of nooooobs fucking fuck fuck offf

Based Calvin

buf the maller?? OK?? CPP?LEASE?

Whats the mittani been up to? Isn't he one of the staples of this community?

>What's George Bush been up to? Isn't he one of the staples of America?

The whole point of BRAVE is to spoonfeed drooling retards just enough info to turn them into useful little drones that will mine and rat for the corp wallet while spending all their surplus Isk on overpriced ships. The shitters in charge entertain them with just enough low effort content so they stick around for a while. Most quit the game after a couple weeks.

I thought that only worked on CVA

>Database: Mosaic (2015-05-02)

Busy getting divorced and losing his doge.

Daily reminder the moros is the worst dread and the nag is better than the moros in every field of the world

Why aren't there ships that can carry more than one capsuleer? Ships that can't fit pretty much anything but can go extremely fast in warps. I want to make the Uber of EVE.

Daily reminder minmatar cruisers are the worst cruisers. They're the only set of offensive cruisers that get 1 less gun than every other ship but get dumb double damage bonuses

Can I solo missions as a new player for mad dosh? What is the difference of complex running and running missions? Which ship would you recommend for a newfriend for PvE? Is there some sort of meta when PvEing with other people, like some sort of equivalent of the MMO trinity (healer, tank, dps)?

you cant do shit as a new player

Oh shit, yes! That too!

to make the most money as a new player would be to do faction war sites and missions

Liar.

I've made 2.5 bil so far in a week.

>My dad works for Nintendo

I've done the tutorial over 30 times now and sold the injectors for 50-55 mil each.

Not my fault you're bad at this game senpai.
I plexed in 2 days

>lose 3bil in ships on 4 of my characters today
>set waypoints to jita
>30+ jumps per character
I feel like this game is more of a chore than entertainment at this point

>What are jump clones

Do implants still have a chance of breaking after jumpcloning?

Is it possible to make a True Amarr that doesn't look like a hideous old jewess?

>inb4 grinning puppers

no

No.

>amarr

Removed in the f2p update because babby can't lose precious implants

>Can I solo missions as a new player for mad dosh?
Yes but not for mad dosh.
>What is the difference of complex running and running missions?
DED plexes are dungeons with loot as reward. Missions are more like mining with guns. They don't make much money but they're always there when you want to run them.
>Which ship would you recommend for a newfriend for PvE?
Depends on your race.
>Is there some sort of meta when PvEing with other people, like some sort of equivalent of the MMO trinity (healer, tank, dps)?
EVE just has DPS and healers (logistics ships). Sometimes people use a ship as a tank.

>grinning puppers

implants never had a chance to break if you jump cloned

the fuck are you talking about nigger? no such thing happened, ever

How do escape gatecamps?

Stay cloaked and hope some other idiot jumps in after you and gets tackled instead.

sub 2 second aligning ships, cloaks, cloak MWD trick, burning back to gate and jump back trough, lots of warp stabs, etc

>Hit your microwarp drive
>Hit cloak immediately afterwards
>Maneuver out of the way of the tard that's going to try and ram you
>Wait for them to leave, get out of targeting range, or wait until some other idiot comes through and they start blowing him up

Alternatively, don't put yourself in a position to get gatecamped.

luck
scout
1) align cloak mwd wait for the mwd cycle to end uncloak spam warp
2) align and mwd to the gate to get there before ur slowed too much (doesn't work if they have web bonii)

Thanks for the helpful reply my man.
Is there some kind of guide on how to play logistics ships? I've always enjoyed playing healers and more support oriented roles in every game, so I'm leaning towards logi. Is it super hard/expensive in EVE? Is there a demand for more logi pilots? Sorry for spamming questions, this game is overwhelming (but very fun too).

>I've done the tutorial over 30 times now

Are you new?

Only takes 20 minutes if you're not a retard and know how to contract 5MN quad to your self

real job pays more

>Can I solo missions as a new player for mad dosh?
Low level ones, not too good vs exploring or ratting but still ok

>What is the difference of complex running and running missions?
Complex are escalations that you get from ratting or scanning and often have multiple rooms with no real isk until the very end and it can be very random.
Missions pay you by turning them in after completing the objective, and maybe some tiny loot drops.

>Which ship would you recommend for a newfriend for PvE?
Usually drone boats (Vexor, VNI) are the easier to fly with low skills, if you are alpha it will depend on your race.
Also battlecruisers are very easy to get into for a new guy to run missions with.
After that, its all battleships and T3Cs

>Is there some sort of meta when PvEing with other people, like some sort of equivalent of the MMO trinity (healer, tank, dps)?
Incursions.
You will need a battleship to do those.
There is not really a tank, but the logi equal healers.

Logi for PvE does not exist aside from the Logistic Cruisers which require a lot of SP.
As for PvP, its hard to say, it depends on your corp.
Most of the time people will either go for logi fleets or not, because of how logi works you can't really be a solo logi man unless you are very brave or know what you're doing.
The demand to have the logi skills is high tho, the problem is that's not the only thing you should be able to fly.

There is no better income in this game than 50 mil every 20 minutes.

FW missions can generate 200m an hour easy

"can"

And you can't semi-afk that like you do the tutorial

Is checking for pod kills the best way to pre-empt camps? Campers seem to be massive dindus which makes them stick out on the map tbqh.

what about 900m/h warping a carrier around while everyone just gets to look at you no matter how hard they want to kill you

is FW fixed already?

no, it's still muh afterburner hull tanking webs and snakes

eve-gatecheck.space/eve/

youtube.com/watch?v=xxPN6L09hU8
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Guide_to_Logistics
Your best bet is probably joining one of the big nullsec newbie corps if you want to fly logi all day. You might also be able to do some PVE stuff meant for bigger ships in a group of low SP pilots.

tappits is a fag

>50mil every 20minutes
you sell limited skill injectors?

>me
>1994
>playing Air Warrior through AOL
>huge persistent maps with 300 + players
>can get like 6 players in one b17 in pilot, gunnery and bombardier positions
>me
>now
>nothing like it ever since
>only bitter disappointment wherever I turn
>fuck you EA
EA's victim I most miss is one of the earliest and the one nobody ever talks about or even puts on that image macro.

You realize there is a bug that lets you inject 1000 of them at a time right? They have been a hot commodity

Should be patched soon

>gorillion new traders since f2p xpack
how do I compete??????????????
literally get 0.01 isked as soon as I update any of my orders

Bots

You can just leave your order up and eventually it will get filled as the demand rises again

>believing the bot boogeyman meme

Its true, an user a while ago came on here and shared the source code of his bot. It was a simple mouse macro that would click at certain coordinates of his screen and change orders at random intervals between 2 and 10 seconds as to not get detected by CCP's dumb bot detector

>mouse macro
how did it know how much to change the order by and when?

another simple macro would click inside the number field, copy the number. The macro would then read the amount and the following amount above it and then subtract 0.01 from it, then paste the new number into the number field and complete the change

Undercut so hard you order starts destroying the market.

What Minmatar ships aren't shit? I'm Omega and love thier aesthetic.

>shitmatar
>having any sort of aesthetic

they're all pretty shit

the rupture gets 4 guns and a double damage bonus that gives it about the same as all the other cruisers with 5 guns + damage bonus its pretty shit.

Stabber is even worse, gets 6 high slots, but only 4 guns and 2 launcher slots that are pretty useless. 4 mids and 4 lows makes sure you can't fit ANY tank or ANY damage to this piece of shit

Can you take your fanfiction to tumblr? Thanks.

>not fitting defender missiles on your stabber
ishiggity

>be exploran in lowsec
>find data site
>another alpha in a heron sniffs me out
>tfw I have drones and he doesn't
Watching him gtfo felt just right. 3mil from that site too.

Uhhhhhh wouldn't that make them great?

Why does everyone poopoo on whatever anyone wants to do in EVE? The community on Veeky Forums is bitter as fuck. You wanna mine? Idiot. You wanna PvE? Idiot. You wanna PvP? Idiot. You wanna explore? Idiot.

You guys can seriously eat a fuck. EVE isn't about minmaxing your autisic fit.

>mwd before cloak

MWD first is suicide, sometimes your cloak will activate on the next tick and you will be stuck there uncloaked with a bloomed sig for a whole second.

That might of been me if it was days ago.
Didn't see any drones though

Is investing 14 mil in +3 cybernetics a good idea? as an alpha?

>fan fiction

are you fucking retarded, I could go back into the archive and find his source code if you really want, it was about 3-4 months ago shouldn't be hard to find simple C++ code

>wouldn't that make them great?
No it doesn't because medium projectiles are shit, you only get 4 guns instead of 5 and every other cruiser just flat out damages you in almost every respect.

God god forbid you post something like this on reddit and they downvote you because "well muh stabber is good because I said so"

All ships are good with the right fit. Don't listen to sperg easy mode drone boat playing retards.

The better pilot will aways win.

We are waiting.

>he doesn't fly the XLASB stabber

I will push anyone's shit in cruiser vs cruiser with my Minmatar cruiser.

>enemy thorax out tanks, out DPS's you

ye

thats pretty garbage

but it's memetic

>zkillboard.com/kill/57524748/

>zkillboard.com/kill/57552428/
>5.5b worth of Nitrogen Isotopes

>3 CPU mods and a PG mod
>lowest end fucking auto cannons
>beat by the shitty SFI which also has bad fitting and fit with dual 180's

Can someone explain the whole COSMOS thing to me?

vile rat :^))))

>antipharmakon shitter drugs
>not standard booster master race

dual 180 SFI can be really good as an anti T3D

COSMOS missions are story line missions about various factions and their history

so can a caracal

a caracal will easily die against 2 svipuls
SFI can dispatch a small gang of 3 svipuls just fine