Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iN-J4Jydnkc
youtu.be/-r79BXCZii4
youtu.be/1-8uYCabSog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wanting to get rid of that classic V8 rumble
What are you, some numale cuck?

180° headers are fucking sweet you drooler

Can only really source 'em from circle track suppliers these days so unless you wanna cut up your car and do a lot of fabricating still, not really worth it.

I'm more interested in the 7000 rpm scream

What are the benefits of 180° headers?

In theory? Timed exhaust pulses to better scavenge and remove spent gases from the cylinders. In practice? A better sound, if that's your thing.

So is it the same concept as equal length headers?

Egh, sorta- Similar goal, but 180 degree headers take the 18436572 firing order of the old crossplane V8s into account.

They Make an angry american big block sound like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=iN-J4Jydnkc

>Idles like a muscle car
>screams like a ferari.

Truly the sound of glory

rock hard

one of the few ways to make an American V8 sound great

theyre awesome

God damn

Closer to try-y's
Ya so a ford with the "old" 15426378 SB order (65-85 289/302) will not work the same as the "new" 13726548 SB order (86-94 302/5.0 and 351/5.8's).
Even if the block and heads are identical.
Long tubes are a bitch in most cars.
Getting 180's to fit is a nightmare. And you'll never go over a speed bump again.

>Damn, you're taking me back

Those are some old school headers man..

Holy shit. I like the way my turd gen sounds straight piped with two resonators, but damn if I got a good deal on those headers I probably couldn't refuse.

You do realize that sound has nothing to do with the headers right? You'll need a different firing order, 14:1 compression, and a huge cam, then maybe you'll be in the ball park

180 degree headers are sweet as hell but they will not fit at all on most street cars and if they do fit you'll have ground clearance problems. They work in a car like a GT40 because they go up and out the back and they work on race cars because they're made with them in mind.

>You do realize that sound has nothing to do with the headers right?
wut
The GT40 would've sounded very different with equal length headers than with the 180s it had. Of course his slowmaro isn't going to sound like that with 180 degree headers, but it will sound different.

> different firing order
no, thats what the crosover pipes are for.
> 14:1 comp and wicked cam.
for the nasty idle and crisp high rpm tone yes, but regardless af cam and firing order the exhaust pulses will still come out with the same spacing and have the same even scream, assuming the pipes are hooked to the right cylinders.

>you do realize blank, right?
>gets btfo
its over something small, but i like it when smug tripfags get btfo

Oh lord..

wow an american v8 that actually sounds good.

You are one stupid fucking faggot, you know that? That car has that high pitch specifically because of the headers it has.
>see pic

This is what it would sound like without them
youtu.be/-r79BXCZii4

And here's a 67 Camaro with 180 headers
youtu.be/1-8uYCabSog

Now stay in your lane you fuckin lot jockey