/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ - #618 - Team Sonic Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWsdcpsyHIg
youtube.com/watch?v=BzQ7wKzuAjU
youtube.com/watch?v=rkybesB0WeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bless him indeed

fast

Kek. That's great.

Remember to pay for the games that you play

I have never payed for a single vidya so far

Sixth for best character.

Ha, these are great.

Shoes are a bit small though.

I think that's supposed to be the case since they're chibis

>That shadow
>HGH
>dancing with guns

I'd legitimately buy that.

Pfft. I love Sonic's expression in that one panel. Who's the next character to get a comic after Omochao?

Here's the translated version.

Chao

WOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO
AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

when?

Never.

>Sonic & Knuckles: Unleashed

>More Mediocre Wherehogs

I still love that Japan has Sonic loving chilidogs.

>it's a night level

youtube.com/watch?v=BWsdcpsyHIg
youtube.com/watch?v=BzQ7wKzuAjU

how would you feel if Unleashed 2 was just World Adventure (i.e. w/out the werehog)

I don't understand why the werehog's design is/was so hated. It doesn't stray that far from Sonic's base design and it's not like cartoon characters have never worn Halloween costumes.

because 06

The design itself wasn't hated as much as people though Sonic turning into a werewolf was a dumb concept, and the gameplay was ass.

If it's going to be a boost game I'd rather they bring Blaze back and make a Sonic Rush 3.

This

The only flaw was that the moveset was locked behind exp. The werehog plays great once you have it.

>Shadow shirt with guns
>It's official
Based

>youtube.com/watch?v=rkybesB0WeA
>13:42
Uh Amy, I think there be some bigger concerns at the moment

Oh, that Shadow one is perfect.

I shall prepare my heart

More like
Whorehogs

I don't think I've ever seen anyone hate on the Werehog design. People have problems with the gameplay.

Can you post the translated Storm one? I don't think it was posted here.

Also is that a dark chao on the back? Want.

Are you kidding? That's like, 90% of the hate that I see. If you do find someone who has specific gripes with the gameplay, their general response when you press them on it is "Well, if it was knuckles, it would have been okay"

You must be browsing the wrong places.

This entire thread is proving you wrong.

Go to literally any place besides a sonic related forum. Of course sonicfags like us are going to be alright with the design choices, it's been 8 years and we're still fans.

alot of fake shadow fans last thread

Most people dislike the concept of the werehog, not the actual design.

Madman

It's not the design; it's the idea and how it was implemented. People say Knuckles would be good for it not because they dislike the werehog's design, but because Knuckles makes sense as a character that would have that kind of brawler gameplay.

I unironically think Jason Griffith is the best Sonic voice we've had and I really miss him. Roger Craig's voice just sounds so nasally and sarcastic and even though he's been around for a couple years I still can't get used to it.

Implementation is part of design. Go ask Yoko Taro about that.

I SEE NO HEAR NO EVIL

It makes me sad thinking about how neglected Knuckles has been lately. These three work so well together and it feels lonely with just Sonic and Tails all the time. We need Knux there to balance the team out.

In this context by "design" we mean how the character looks, not their gameplay.

Luckily for you, he's on Mania.

yes and I'm very excited about that. But the chances of him being at all relevant in a main 3D title are very low.

To be honest, I never really cared for the Sonic, Tails & Knuckles team. I personally think Knuckles works better on his own.

That being said, it is stupid just how underused Knuckles, Amy, Blaze, & pretty much every character not named Sonic, Tails & Eggman have been in the 3D games.

What do you mean

Not to mention, I think Sonic Tails & Amy make more sense as a trios team than Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles.

>Blaze
Please look forward to Sonic Rush World in the year 2420.

But how the character looks informs opinions on gameplay. Because it's a wolf sonic, people were extra critical of gameplay that a character designed off the base of knuckles would have.

I think Knuckles works well with Sonic and Tails, but he'd work better as the head of his own side-series and it's so disappointing that Sega never got fully into that the way Nintendo did with Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I kinda miss the serious plots in Sonic games. Back then I actually cared about the characters and what was going on in the story. That's not to say having a lighthearted story is bad, but the recent games' plots have just been so unfunny and dull that I can't bring myself to care about what's happening anymore.

No, the gameplay was ass and would've remained ass had Knuckles been playable. At best the only changes would be lack of stretchy arms and addition of climbing and gliding, with the latter mitigating how bad the platforming is.

>it's so disappointing that Sega never got fully into that the way Nintendo did with Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario.

I think the only reason why we never got, & will never get a Knuckles, Blaze, Rouge, Amy, Chaotix, etc. spin off games is because of Shadow The Hedgehog.

And not to mention, some people can't look at Sonic friends without instantly sperging out.

>his own side-series
but user, you have the Penders comics! Aren't those enough for you? :^)

Tails and Knuckles got their own spin-offs, the problem is they were confined to the Game Gear and 32X respectively.

>because of Shadow The Hedgehog.
I forget where I heard this rumor but apparently before Shadow came out SEGA had a poll asking fans which character they'd want to have their own game, and Knuckles was beat by Shadow.

ALL
HAIL
SHADOW

I'm not sure Sonic's friends are popular enough for their own spin-off games.

I love you

Same here. Thankfully the comics have been helping to fill that void. The recent games have just made 0 attempt at making something where I can even remotely care about what's going on
That's Knuckles in Name Only
I just realized what the acronym for that is
How many people gave a shit about Wario before he got a spin off?

I think they would. Not multi-million super hits, but popular enough if they start small and build up.

I only like his take in the Boom cartoon. Colors, Generations, and (especially) Lost World was quite annoying at times

>Not Sonic Rush Burning Soles
cmon fampire.

Someone in /v/ said that Miyamoto don't care about characters he didn't create, but Wario somehow able to get his games

>Not multi-million super hits
If it's not that, then it's not worth the money to SEGA.

*As a matter of fact, he probably wouldn't even let Rosalina be in any more games, besides the Galaxy games, if she wasn't so popular

It was a huge mistake asking what the Japanese fans wanted. 95% of Sonic's player base was western at the time, and now even less Japs are buying Sonic.

>wash your hands before eating
He wears gloves, though.

Sonic Battle sequel when?

Wario started out in the Mario Land games, which weren't a Miyamoto project. Wario was able to succeed by taking over the Mario Land series in 3.

>Omochao is a strange robot, there are a lot of them, they can appear anywhere and anytime. Its entire being is a complete mystery. No one knows who, when, where, or how it was made. One thing’s for sure, it’s not Dr. Eggman’s.

Well, /sthg/, looks like it's up to you to figure out the mystery of Omochao.

good lord this squirrel will be the end of me
It was Geralds greatest creation when he was locked up. that tape was for Omochao, not the Biolizard.

It was made by the developers.

Seeing as GUN has researched and utilized Chaos, It doesn't seem too odd to say they made it. Maybe as some sort of psychological weapon?

So serious question in regards to this.
Would Boom be better off being on Disney XD or Netflix?

>Yfw it's the reason Nigel is so fucking angry at the old GUN regime

Does Netflix have running kids cartoons they air exclusively? Do they do well?

I still don't understand why they were so low. The show was never very advertised, and it used to have a terrible slot on CN too for the first season. Why was that episode's rating so low?

I assume not many have Boomerang.

This is great.

>Rosalina in more games
FUCK

Metal Sonic is never getting a comic, is he?

I have DirectTV and I have the most basic program package. I don't get Boomerrang. Don't get Disney XD either.

And that's what Sega's main issue is. All the games need to be is profitable. Get a relatively small team to focus on making a solid game with distinct gameplay and good fundamentals, then build on that foundation is bigger and bigger ways for sequels as the brand itself is built up bigger and bigger.

There's another Madagascar spin-off called King Julien. The show is already on season 3 and seems to be funny and well-written. Not sure what to say about Skylander Academy, though.

>squirrel
You mean chipmunk

Swettingman.png

whatever she is its diamond

>Rosalina be in any more games*
*codename for "you're going to be stuck in spinoff/cameo purgatory forever, bitch"

oh good, that makes me feel better

I agree

Have you seen much of the Mario spin-off games lately? She's basically part of the main cast of Mario characters just like how you would say with Silver being part of main cast of Sonic characters.

Yeah and the fact that Nintendo acknowledges her even more than Wario shows how much they care