/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

DD2 when edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

=============================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SZNbabKjKpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

false hopes and despair edition

At least you aren't a Guild Wars fan

You can't go wrong

whatever happened tot hat game

It got a sequel
a shit one, nothing like the original. No other game sequel makes me as salty, except maybe ME3

>No other game sequel makes me as salty
I've bought a console just for Brotherhood of Steel.

Ooh, that's gotta be a big one
At least you had stuff like New Vegas after

I want my pawn to run into enemy and hit everything with sword. How do I inclinations so she won't be grappling or climbing shit?

>Turned in five sour ambrosial meats for the innkeep's quest
>Didn't think to forge a spare
>Apparently now fucking Valmiro wants one

>Shameless Slutvertising
I switched out Maelstrom with Seismic since MS always fucked the whole screen, is it equally good or should I just deal with the giant ass storm blocking my view?
(Also I think she gained 1 or 2 levels)

Oh god, spent like 4000h in GW1, but GW2? Max. 300. Then afair the Add-on came and you had to buy the whole game again... fuck ANet / NCSoft.
Man I still remember Ascalon so fondly.

You have no idea. I've always hated console games and that experience didn't help. Dragons Dogma is actually a very big exception since I also hate japanese games, especially those shitty menu-turn-based J"RPG"s.

Sleepy arisen

I feel like had I been a Fallout fan I'd have been livid

Then Fallout 3 comes out

Then Fallout 4 comes out after Vegas and manages to be even worse than F3.

photo hunt:take a picture of your arisen looking up at the hydra and post it

tfw just beat hydra yesterday but didn't take a screenshot

Broccoli pls go

>want to make cute loli for player
How do you work this character creator to make cute girls

fighter pawn?
scather/ challenger/ mitigator/ utilitarian

I need images of Elder Ogres!

don't bother, she'll have an ugly scar across her chest

get an idea from the character sliders in the op and then work from there

Can you still farm discipline in Gran Soren post-game?

Warrior actually, that's why I don't want her to grapple or climb. I used scather as primary before and she insisted on climbing cyclops so I changed it to mitigator/challenger/utilitarian, but now she's much shyer about charging the enemy. And she's still using grapple which means utilitarian being tertiary is not low enough. I'm about to try swapping utilitarian with scather, but I am still worried about conflict of interest because of mitigator/challenger combo.

If I'm a magick archer, what other classes would be good to get some levels in?

The guy who made the loli preset actually picked the most "child-like" body/face parts already. That's why you see so many (wo)manfaced lolis. Because everybody wants to make unique snowflake and use completely body/face different parts. The best way is to use the provided loli preset and work with it without moving too far away.

Is it even worth min-maxing in this game? I want to play assassin but the "best" builds say to warrior from 10-30 and then sorcerer from 30-55 and then assassin but it seems kinda like a hassle.
Is straight assassin viable?

Is this meme games? if its yes, i consider to buy it on steam.

I am just rolling Sorc till the end of times because I want maxed magic attack, fuck optimal builds I want unlimited power.

yes
sorcerer

>when you pick up the game after a long time and forgot how you wanted to level
HELP

>that one asshole and his crew of 3 others sitting in the corner blasting
youtu.be/SZNbabKjKpA
why won't they toss him out already

>killed the condemned gorecyclopes faster with my level 38 sorcerer than I was able to with my level 140 fighter with gold dragonforged lvl2 BBI armor and weapons

There's a problem with this.

Which one is the better Loli
Emilia or Jailbait

Now try it on something big

>Haven't played in like a year
>Steam sale
>Game is like $10

Here we go again. Is hard mode good for someone who has played the game a ton before? I wanted a real challenge, but I heard it gets kinda easy later on since rewards are doubled. Is it going to become boring?

Oh, and is Mystic Knight satisfying on PC? I can only imagine it's a million times better with the better framerate and the frames not being lost every time you slamfuck your orbs.

help

it'll be a challenge that's for sure
MK is fun as fuck

My first Arisen is waifushit

BAW GOD, HE CAN'T DEFEND HIMSELF

Can I make cute naked lolis in this?
And how many loli bondage / bdsm / skimpy clothing is there?

You can

But you shouldn't

Why shouldn't i

I'm the trashman! I come into the ring, and start eating trash!

I come in, i throw trash all ove-all over the ring!

Fuck you, now i have to make a Danny Devito pawn

about two weeks until /ddg/ competes in the Veeky ForumsL 7
pretty excited

I don't know what this is, but i like it.

How is vitagen doing?

I still think /pol/ has the best players.

general vs general in a game of virtual divegrass

they're set to play in the knockouts as well

Got any webms?
I don't even know how vitagen's team looks like.

is there a conflict or something?

these webms are from our inaugural game
we had to play in the qualifiers to actually enter the league

they have nice aesthetics
shame about their performance though

WHEN AM I GOING TO STOP PURIFYING WANDS GODDAMMIT

I WANT A MAGIC SHIELD
I WANT THE ICE MACE QND THE HOLY SWORD

NOT THE FUCKING TWO STAVES I ALREADY HAVE THREE OF

>japanese tomboy clones

this sounds nice but simultaneously bad

last one, /ddg/ won 4-0

unfortunately no matches from Veeky ForumsL 6 have been uploaded so i can't even make a webm for you
they might have changed their roster/ aesthetics for the upcoming tourney anyways

i think you and your pawn have to be a Red vocation for you to purify a mace/ shield
what i do is i purify something then godsbane and switch to another vocation to see what i get. might get something i'll want in the future

>OP's mod links aren't working anymore

Dammit I just want a nice nude body replacer since I like staring at my character's anus while I travel but everything on the nexus doesn't have them or is filled with a bunch of extra cheats I don't want

I tried that the last time and it was all shit I already have.

too bad, the items are seeded and the only to get what you want is to keep going forward and forward until you finally get what you want
ABANDON ALL DELUSIONS OF CONTROL

Running really low on rift sheckles and could really use a hire. Let me know what spells you want.

I'm still trying to find nude modes that don't add a shit-load of unnecessary cheats while still actually being good nude modes

What's wrong with you mate it takes like 3 minutes to find 3 different nude mods without any other shit bundled in

I already have full almost completely goldforged sets for myself and my pawn. Why does obtaining the last few items I want have to be such a pain in the dick?

I already gave up on the everfall bullshit rares I wanted. Is Ur-Dragon stuff worth it? I haven't beaten him, Death, or Daimon 2.0 yet.

When I'm all done for good, the final fight is just gonna be force feeding my previous arisen his own arms in less than a minute. I wish it wasn't so anti-climactic.

>Less than a minute
Not even, you're gonna decapitate him in one swing

I'm being lazy

Can I just drag and drop everything?
I got a nude mod and found a bunch of nice looking armor along the way.

Or is there some weird thing you need to do?

the first time I fought the senescal, my pawn killed his pawn almost instantly

That was at level 70-something.
I'm past 150 now.

What is a good Assassin build

No level scaling,, lmao

whjy are japanese so shitty at making game?

play as warrior or fighter for a bit for the hp
then switch to assassin for max attack and high stam

Grace soon

Full assassin

Using sixfold bolt and exploding rivet for MA, but i'm not sure what to keep for my 3rd skill. What do you guys think?

Ricochet

If I use the art of metamorphosis, then quit the game in the middle of it without saving, will it still count as being used?

>someone actually took my pawn
>gave him a skull
>rated him 2 in all categories

simple as 1 2 3

The OP says BBI after level sixty but what kind of gear should you have? Even if you are 60ish can you go there before fighting Grigori?

>ddda 2 announced
>crossover outfits/movesets with other capcom titles
>rashid in ddda
anyone else picturing his wind technology as super cool in the DD engine?

>want to give people rc
>check past summons. your names sound familiar
>your'e there
i'll get you guys some other day, i want to give other people i haven't rented yet some rc

What is the most fun weapon, and why is it a gold dragon forged iraklis?

Grig or ur-fagit weapons would be best. Of course you can always hire some good pawns and have them do most of the killing until you can catch some bitterbutt lvl1-2 weapons.

does anyone want some RC?
i've got room for one more
i'll pick your pawn up tomorrow

Why do most spells have shitty cast animations that force you to stand in place for like an extra four seconds after casting a spell? It's like they want me to only use focused bolt.

I've found 2 "gear lvl 1" so far and a "novelty lvl 1" whatever that is.

death kind of fucked me over but lucking after I used a wake stoke he left and I found a riftstone further in I had to repair. At least I'm not alone now.

I only had that one wakestone so wish me luck.

guys I'm innocent wtf are these guards on me for

m8 I went into BBI at level 28

I've been going there since level 20 (and only sometimes carried by a lvl 60 mage pawn)
It starts off easy then gets harder the further you go in, although there is random difficulty spikes.
The second or third boss you'll find is a cockatrice that's very doable for lvl 30-40, but in the hallways around it are a rapesquad of special hobgoblins who I couldn't even scratch before they stomped my shit. It's a lot of fun going in underlevelled, though.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sorry Reynauld user, I completely forgot to come back and post after I said I'd check, I got about 370,000 from you, plus the gift, so cheers for that.
I've still got Ishmael with me doing bbi runs, so expect a (hopefully decent) payoff at some point

have you finished the main story?
bbi is doing even at level 1, but i REALLY wouldn't recommend it if it's your first time playing this game.
not because i don't want you to have a challenge, but because everything from bbi is much better than the main game. the atmosphere, the enemies, the weapons and armor you get. trust me, your gonna enjoy bbi but please finish the main game first.

>thought they were unkillable until someone posted a webm of killing one my setting himself on fire

I'll wait till post-game or maybe even on new-game-plus then.

But lets see how far in I can get before dying just to see.

I just ran into a giant spooky that fucked me and my pawns up pretty bad.

Just bought this shit. Any must have mods/performance tweaks I need to know of? Also, does anyone have any character presets for cute lolis?

The difference between a perfectly optimal build and a shit one is pretty minimal. Don't worry too much about it and feel free to switch vocations as you please. I think straight assassin is supposed to be pretty fucking optimal anyway.

>Any must have mods/performance tweaks I need to know of?
>gransys texture pack
>don't blind me
>an enb of your choosing
>dl8nput hook mod for the "don't go running around outdoors looking like a retard" effect

>the atmosphere
You are right about that. This place creeps me right the fuck out.

What the fuck is this?

ah shit we only made it mad

fuck this is awesome