Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Low Leveled Edition

Previous Thread:

>I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/barefootmatthew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>HOPE in charge of following their own rules

Vae to make HOPE great again.

post cats

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Master Ruseman, Awena, Valsi, Meyer The Shark, Surbrus Mindfang, Apothecary Beatus, Ancora Softpaw, Oren Nil
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic
EU [Here]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae The Spectre, Roxtar

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you
Don't Join [FUN] or [HOPE]

Those are troll guilds made to trick members away from joining the real above official guilds.

There's only 2 active Veeky Forums guilds, HOPE and FUN in the OP.Please don't troll new players with that bloated list, that info is almost completely false or misleading, and I see you are now trying to convince people that it's not.

But as others pointed out in many threads before this, you contradict yourself by posting FUN and HOPE, that's just one example. It's pretty obvious you're trolling, but it's gotten old.

Vae is literally everything wrong with HOPE, all he does is shitpost about rats, fetishpost about cats and namedrop to drag members down. He has a known problematic history just like Rexxie, who is also not allowed in HOPE. This was not the first time he used the Abo Bants card, and it won't be the last.

HOPE allows shitposting as long as you call it banter

Vae will me me pregnant. I'll force his gay cummies out if I have to!

give me the data dump about the next xpac, i've been away

>cummies
pls no

Is Guild Wars 2 on sale anywhere for black friday? Was thinking of giving the game another shot.

You missed the sale, it ended on Monday the 21st.

You heard it here first folks. It was me. I killed HOPE and gw2g.
ALL ME
Who says I need to be forced?

next thread we're merging with because of low post rate, thanks for understanding !

Oh well, that's dumb. Is it worth playing with just a vanilla account?

Did you do Silverwastes? Honestly, a basic account is pretty gimped unless you LOOOOOVE fractals without the HoT classes, HoT stats or HoT fractal rewards.

it's a good MMO for wageslaves like me. the core game is definitely worth it. if they don't do a hierarchical expansion system, i'd suggest you skip HOT though. pretty light on content and the maps are convoluted

VOTE FOR VAE FOR HOPE GLEADER 2017

Hurry up and breed me you sexy beast

and by a good mmo for wageslaves i mean you can go long periods without logging on and it doesn't matter. my character's gear is still top tier even though i haven't logged in in like half a year

Does it surprise anyone that ArenaNet is full of Hillary Clinton supporters?

what could possibly make you say that

twitter.com/barefootmatthew

Dont forget to thank anet

anet should be thanking me for playing this shitfest

>check for SW chest farm party
>see this

Anyone into mursaat feet?

who the fuck is vae

The only good charr to grace HOPEs ranks

every piece of character dialogue throughout the entire game

Been away from the game for almost two years, last played sometime during the living world stuff with Scarlet. Just got into the game again and I'm enjoying it, going to buy HoT, but what should I do story-wise to get up to speed? I've finished the personal story and got 100% map. Is season 2 of living world worth getting? What free content can I do before starting HoT?

Also, I mainly used play PvP and WvW, what's the meta for Guardians right now? I remember having a lot of fun with a Meditation build in PvP/WvW roaming, but now my bursts seem kinda weak against everyone else and people seem to have massive burst damage. Do these new masteries /elite specs increase damage/survivability much?

Dry Top and Silverwastes are free, access to the Living Story is not necessarily, you have to log in during its release to get it for free. LS2 is sort of worth it for the trinkets, but post-HoT I think you can get better stuff just by doing LS3.

HoT gets you up to speed faster than farming Central Tyria stuff will.

Check MetaBattle linked in the OP for meta guardian builds, I think Sword/Focus+Longbow is still the meta but there may still be a Sword/Shield + Mace/Focus tanky semi-bunker build going around for SPvP. MetaBattle will tell you the truth.

almost forgot:

>Do these new elite specs increase damage/survivability much?
Yes, they're meta in every build except PvE DPS Engineer, which is slightly better as base Engineer but only slightly.

>it's not even Caturday but the cat-related spam is already unbearable

A deal's a deal, user!

You have to suck and bite on my femsura nipples!

Vae is a gift

hey look, I found a whale.

Vae is cancer incarnate

daddy please yank my ears and pump my femsura cunny full of cum

Vae isn't cancer. He is a cute friendly musky mcharr

Musk, IS cancer.

musky femsura crying after diagnosed with terminal fluffus cunnitis

You can play WvW as Guardian without HoT, just pick up lootstick and [Empower] 1 1 1 1

musky femsura rubbing her cunny after a charr spooged into it

Should be the picture for the the next thread.

I hope everyone bought the Kodan tonic. And why is the new map not as fun to play and already empty? Doing the achievements for the gauntlet is a chore.

The new map is a bit harder to traverse because of the lack of waypoints, while also having lots of packs of mobs with annoying mechanics.

Try going around the map and you will keep getting chilled and frozen solid all the goddamn time. The fact that the last story instance is swarmed with vet and elite mobs, while having no repeat mote for the achievs, does not help.

The winterberry node is nice though. It gives 5 berries and it instantly completes the winterberry gatherer daily. Gives you even less of a reason to step into that map.

Bad design IMO, it's like Dry Top but less cool and less bustling.

how often do the winterberry nodes in the actual map reset? can i just farm them if i have lots of characters/lots of time?

The nodes are character bound so yeah, with a lot of characters you'll have berries coming out of your ears.
There's just not much to do. I don't mind the setting, but content-wise it's very sparse. I think you'll find it turns into yet another farming map like SW since flame trains are rather lucrative.

>berries
>in the ears

Wait, fuck, do I have to do all the previous LS3 story bullshit to get to Bitterfrost, or can I just walk in?

buy the teleport scroll from the npc

Do the first part of the newest episode that lets you into the map, then buy the Bitterfrost Frontier portal scroll and move it from character to character. Quickest way to do it

That helps IMMENSELY, thank you.

After doing the first mission once I've been able to just walk in on any other character.

Huh, I didn't know that. The scroll still helps for characters with no map completion like most of mine.

>vae is the cunnyposter
that doesn't make any sense

Cheetahfu and Vae mating for the sake of procreation

pulling vae by the horns and relentlessly fucking him from behind

impregnate me

No

I will volunteer

vae knotting my femcharr ass

>The Flameseeker Prophecies legendary gets an updated effect
>Projectiles turn into a beautiful tome in protective cerulean light trailing with pages
>Guardian has no shield projectiles but engineer, mesmer, and revenant do

It's just not fair....

Just started playing yesterday even though I bought the game years ago. Feel a bit burned out already. I've got a few questions:

-Should I reroll an elementalist? Apparently they're the best class in the game or should I stick with Necro until level 80 while I try to get a handle on the game?
-What's the best way to level up? Should I bother with the PvP and WvW modes when I'm such a low level?
-How do I check what region I'm in? I think it's NA, but I'm not sure.
-Any general tips? I use a basic salvage kit on items I don't need and store the materials, but some material storage is full for iron, silver and soft wood logs. Should I sell my excess materials? Should I sell gear instead of salvaging it? Should I avoid gathering?

47 berries per character... two unbound sickles per character for extra magic... 12 characters... that's 560 berries and about 3,000 unbound magic per day... 24 sickles for 50,000 karma per day... so about a month of excess karma to spare... that puts me at... roughly, 16,800 berries and 60,000 unbound magic by January...... 200 exp per node, x 30 x 12 x 30... about 2.2 million experience from gathering nodes in my spare time......

This game has many features that are account-wide, such as the currency wallet, achievements and ascended gear. You don't need to focus on a certain character if you don't want to.

It is true that elementalists have some sort of viability in all game modes. However, I would argue that in PvP they are extremely boring and too reliant on team mates because they can only support. In other game modes they are usually just top DPS, while being very squishy, so it may be a bit hard for you if you start with that profession.

Necromancers are quite a bit more forgiving because they are simply way more survivable in all game modes, except for PvP. Necromancers are also the top profession in fractals hands down. However, they are pretty bad at raids atm.

What makes Necros good in dungeons and fractals but not raids? And what's the Necro fractal build?

h...h-HELLO????

fluffy twat

anyone want to pop my ripe winterberry?

No

any gw2 memescords? i'm not in any of the servers to join the guilds and their cords, wanna meme around tho

Could be worse, they could be far right, Trump supporting /pol/cucks.

IS THAT SEXUAL HARASSMENT?

fuck off khubbo

youre not very nice are you

Is Elementalist the only class that is basically "good at everything"

dat ass

Have NEVER played an Engineer, but after some research, it seems like a pretty legit class. Just have to get over some of what I consider to be "goofyness" in the class.

you are a huge cuck, i thought you enjoyed hearing these things

nice forced charr memes btw, so funny! youre not funny

someone's butthurt

i dont get it. what am i forcing

If only 5 was a reflect..

Guardians will get them when mainhand shield meme becomes a reality, and it's used offensively.

server doesnt matter, you can play 90% of the game together with them, the only part is WvW but even EoTM is a possibility, just join up with a guild there was one attempt at a gw2gcord but it was entirely the NA guild anyway, they're best tied to guilds, all you need is a link anyway

yeah i get butthurt over forced charr memes i feel really bad

fuck off khuckbbo

>what am i forcing
>>

this
>le femcharr dragon wife XD
very creative!

was that all?

Any leveling advice for an aspiring Engineer?

>was that all
no
>spams this and a ton of other furry crap for months encouraging your guild members to do the same
>contributing in making us the furfag infested general we have now

thanks

kala the cunnyposter confirmed

delicious autism tears

delicious femcharr cunny

Fluffy charr vulva.

>HOPE gets blamed for shitting up the general
>its just FUN the whole time, even making up the shitposts blaming HOPE

cuck guild

cringe