/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #447

''That comfy time of the year'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677
strawpoll.me/11645517 (New)
strawpoll.me/11645519 (New)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=V6Gzly1HGeo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Here's hoping that the upcoming art contest produces lots of good work. Maybe someone from /lisg/ could win something!

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Mad Max: ???? ????

I wish I could do something but I don't have any talent.

Max is #1

They're allowing 3D renders and cosplay this time. If you want to make something, give it a try.

Also photography.

Max likes looking at photos!

Molli is #1

I didn't know they were allowing photos as well. Neat.
Those are cute socks.

Molli! Hope she is doing well and having fun.

LNA and Alice Marsh are #1

Season 2 when?

S2 is about Alice and Lisa solving a mystery
They encounter the other wildlife in Arcadia Bay and also some humans

user, please.

Me too.

Chuu~

The mystery of aunt Max's missing starry sock. After solving several more important mysteries along they way, they discover she was wearing it the whole time! Silly aunt Max, wearing mismatched socks. So scandalous.

Don't even try to deny it. You need to accept how awesome you are!

>mismatched socks
Max is a bit of a klutz and morning grouch enough to do this regularly when she's late for class again!

Chloe always teases her about it when she undresses her later that day.

Chloe's surprisingly a morning person. It used to be because she wanted to leave the house before Joyce and David were up.
But now she gets up, watches the sunrise, then makes sure breakfast is ready for when Max wakes up.

It is true. Chloe is all action in the morning. Max plops back down and groans into the pillow.

See: ending of this clip.

Hey! This clip...

Whenever they stay with Joyce and David, Chloe gets up to help her mother cook.
They've all come a long way.

Max can be so silly sometimes. We still love her though.

Everyone loves Max!
But only Chloe gets to be in love with her.

Name me quality LiS crossovers.

Max is grouchy in the morning!

She just needs some coffee to perk her up and get her going for the day!

Where does Nathan's sister lives again? I remember it's close to a literal jungle from that email and someone last thread said it was in South America. Brazil, Colombia, Peru?

Brazil, yes.

Also Chlobear snuggles, huggles and kisses get her going too.

Brazil. Kristine was a member of the Peace Corps.
I don't know how big the Prescott family is, but at least one of them seems like a good person. Maybe others are as well.

Chloe looking like she's gonna sneak up and hug Max from behind. At first Max might me annoyed since ti's still early but then she leans back into the embrace and relaxes.

G'night

Night user.

Sweet dreams.

>Somewhere there is another reality where episode 5 made sense
To be honest, would warp time to get there regardless of the consequence.
Might travel to france first, and do it in the dontnod offices, just to make sure no innocents were hurt by a rogue tornado.

I wonder if /lisg/ still exists in that universe. Maybe we're all bizzaro and post pictures of bagels and moon rocks. Maybe the whole board is dedicated to inserting Carl Brutananadilewski into different scenes from the game. "Eh uh, what's you name again? Blue hair mosquito tits. Shoot dat car bumper over there. Ahahahaha the stupid bitch shot herself. I'm taking a selfie of dis and uploading it to facebook. *sigh* It don't matta. Nonna 'dis mattas."

new game when?
I fucking loved it, cried like a bitch and had weird warm feelings of love for a month afterwards.
Recommend me something to fill in this void, except living life, I'm on a break

Love "interactive movie" kind of games like stuff Telltale makes. Heard a lot about LiS so picked it up a few days ago. Finished Ep3 yesterday and so far it's pretty good. Even though I get tears in my eyes when I watch a movie, tvshow or playing a game, haven't cried here yet. But the game does a good job making you feel like shit or sad during some of the choices.

Speaking of choices, I kinda hate that the game forces to choose between the two and there's no middle ground. Like in the end of Ep3 I'd love to have a choice to tell both of them to shut up and stop arguing without taking sides.

The writing is ok but feels a bit lazy. Like by the end of Ep2 I'm pretty sure who's the main bad guy in this game and it's not one of the two that the game is pushing you towards the whole time.

Overall it's a pretty good game with a few flaws that I hope they're gonna fix in the next game. Oh and hope for more voice actors because it ruins the atmosphere for me when one person voices 5 different characters and they all sound the same.

And time rewind is a neat feature.

What is lisg's slogan?

Ready for the mosh pit shaka brah!

>Like by the end of Ep2 I'm pretty sure who's the main bad guy in this game and it's not one of the two that the game is pushing you towards the whole time.

Without wanting to spoil anything, this would be an interesting thing to discuss when you do actually finish the game. I'm still in a few different minds about it, over a year later.

Comfy cute cuddly.

It's funny that the voice actor thing never bothered me. Then again, I'm not a native, so that probably helped.

And if you love "interactive movie"-type games, you'll come to love LiS sooner or later despite its flaws for that, if not for some of its other qualities (most noteworthily the world, atmosphere and character building). Cinematically and cinematographically, it's pretty remarkable for the medium. And there will be more emotionally heavy scenes in the next episodes, so make sure to finish it and stay out of here until you do.

Is this picture rare yet? I'm looking to trade it for more cute pictures. Please leave your offers in the thread. (offers must be in jpgs pngs or gifs, text offers will be ignored)

Here is a happy Kate for your sad Kate.

Low and common image. Blocked.

Now she's sad again.

Much rarer picture, offer accepted. We can always fix that frown.

That's made her happy again.

We'll see :)
Obviously there's supernatural things going on but I think I know who is responsible for what happened to Rachel and Kate. Unless those red folders are a totally different thing. Don't remember the names on the folders and names of other missing persons that you find on someone's computer.

I'm not a native speaker as well. It didn't bother me that much but it somewhat spoils the immersion when I can clearly hear that Victoria, Dana and Brooke are voiced by the same actress. I absolutely love quality voice acting in games. Overall VA is not bad but it's clear that studio was on a budget (after the not so great sales of Remember Me), which is a shame. Telltale were in the same position but after a few successful games they managed to snag quite a few of great VAs for. IMO. their best game yet - Tales from the Borderlands.

I didn't mean to sound like I dislike the game. I actually really like and enjoy it. Just a shame that the studio didn't have a bigger budget for it

Some of the budgetary constraints also were a blessing in disguise. Such as for the visual style they chose to go for and maybe wouldn't have if their budget had allowed differently. I think they were always going for the soft, not overly realistic, painterly style, but a lot of it could have still looked very different indeed with more "polish", and I can see how it could have been worse off for it. Especially with regards to the characters. The more abstracted and stylistic visuals promote immersion and projection and especially in retrospect make it all feel so much more personal.

And just overall the game has a certain unpretentiousness and charm that I can't help but feel also comes from the fact that they did not have a large budget and did not incept LiS as the success it should later become. It was an experimental project for dontnod - one out of many they'd proposed at that. It is Square-backed, but it still was a very small-scale, practically indie endeavour if you look at the size of dontnod's team.

And while I think most of the VAs did a pretty great job (certainly on their primary characters), it is indeed very noticeable that they do voice multiple chars. It should break immersion, but for some reason it didn't for me. The only time it alienated me was in a scene you haven't seen yet - and it just had me laughing there.

Kate is #1

That's not how you spell Chloe.

I miss this game so much.

I even eat the foods and wear the cologne I did when I was playing it, in order smell the associated smells, and try to relive the feelings.

I miss Chloe.

Help. :c

No emoji :c

Play it again in a few months user.

Sorry your spell check must be broken.

Kate a best.

Chloe a worst.

Chloe is the heart and soul of the game. Kate is nothing.

Kate is great

Now you're talking user.

Ya preach it.

Your mum isn't nothing, cunt

I gotta go friend. I'll Kate post more later.

Have a good day user.

Episode 3 stream when?

Probably not until January. I'm sure everyone is busy with the holidays.

"Bae > Bay"

I have nothing against Kate, I like her and she represents some of the best of human kindness. But this thread needs some Chloe to balance things out.
She represents the strength of humanity and also a high level of cuteness.

We could always post pricemarsh

No. I only ship Chloe with Max, because that's what they want.
Chloe and Kate could be friends.

I understand that many of you take pricemarsh as a romantic ship but I meant it as a platonic ship.

But shipping almost always means romantically.
Then again, Pricefield isn't really a ship since it's canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=V6Gzly1HGeo

Go Chloe, go!

I want to go to a Max Caulfield photo exhibit

Wake up, /lisg/!

Done and done

She's ready for the mosh pit!

Yes she is

poor kate

I hope Kate improved her relationship with her mother, aunt, and anyone else that blamed her for anything that happened.
If not then it's their loss. Kate has other family and friends that truly care about her.

>tfw /lisg/ won't last much longer

They better announce something about Season 2 already.

I wish there was a picture of Max and Chloe dressed up and enjoying a nice romantic dinner

How do you deal with feeling like shit /lisg/?

We will last forever user dammit!

That is bait, and I'm just the right person to fall for it. I give you this!

Walking the dog. Plugging in earphones and driving my bike or car. Reading. Crying. Sleeping.

That's not going to happen for months. I really do not think we will hear news until after Vampyr is released and allowed time for people to enjoy and cover.
So time is not on our side. But as long as content keeps coming out from artists, video makes, and writers- and we still have our posters- things here will be fine.

Always look on the bright side of life. *whistling*

Doing all that at once might be difficult user.

Bonus.

With that attitude it will be!

>replaying the game for the first time
>Warryn texts Max about her secret
>Max's reply is "= kek"
What did she mean by this

Not sure how it was bait, but I appreciate the pictures!
I know the first one is from Gaberoid. Certainly an earlier one.
The second one is cute. But I'll just assume Chloe meant she was tuck on a bus with their food so she ate some and opened the wine. Not good to do that stuff if she was the one driving. She knows better than that.