Miata general

Miata general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0a76haKChfg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like we need another shit thread about a shit car you miatacucks just love to drive.

I'm somewhat new to Veeky Forums, is this b8?

Every thread on this board is a miata general

this board has generations of shitposting. few years ago it was a Chevy HHR fad, then a fad about posting a trip called Frosty, then it was Eurobeat, then it was all these shitty Miata threads. almost wish every Miata owner on this board would pack up their purses and scarves to move to their own board

> I've been on Veeky Forums since 2015 and think miatas are only popular because of that YouTube video

how are they remotely good? i was an automotive tech for years and drove a few, the only good one i drove was a mid-2000s Mazdaspeed one with 6spd trans, that thing was kinda fun. the ones like OP posted have a garbage interior and are slow as hell. theres far better short wheelbase RWD cars

Lurk moar fgt

>thinks an NC is good
loooooooooooooooooooooool

>how are they remotely good?
Hmm, I don't know, let me just go ask almost every single car reviewing publication of the last 25 years that has written articles about why the miata is good.

people seem to think Subaru is good when Boxer engine are a horrible design so i dunno. going off what ive driven youre far better off getting a 180sx or AE86 than a fruitmobile Miata

How is it a horrible design when they out perform inline fours in every application?

Let's start with why nobody else uses them?

Just shut up and fuck off you insecure faggot. Every time someone posts a thread about the miata, you always come in here and have a cry about how the bad old hairdressers car touched you in your naughty place.

Nobody reasonable is going to spoonfeed their opinions to you on why they like a particular car. You're not owed an explanation. There are plenty of other threads on Veeky Forums, so find one that doesn't trigger your repressed desire to suck dick and stay there.

And before you ask, yes I'm mad.

Nice rebuttal

We've been shitposting about Miatas here for literally a decade, but congratulations on having been here a year.

NA or NB, which has more space inside for the driver? Im a big guy.
Also which is better in general in terms of the engine, assuming both have the 1.6

NA. I'm 6'5 and have little problems with my NB though. Even long distance.

6'0 here, getting some problems looking up at traffic lights. Shouldn't be a problem if you live in the US, but I have to lean forward somewhat to see the lights.
No idea about NB tho

5'8 and I have problems sometimes looking up at the lights. If I'm the first car coming up to a red light sometimes I have to stop a bit short so I can see the lights if there are no lights on the other side of the junction

I've had mine for almost two weeks. Autocrossed it last weekend, loads more fun and capable than my pigfat Mazdaspeed3.

I, too, am 5'8" and had this issue with my '95.

One day in '09 or '10 I removed the visors and it got a lot better. I have never once regretted this; they really got in the way.

Also, posting my '95 because Miata general.

Has someone here experienced rattling coming from the dashboard driver side on a 95? I can't find the source and don't want to take apart the whole thing.

Kienzle user, is it plug and play for the Miata?

Love the miata but man its too slow for me stock, and I love in florida so no twisty roads.

What do /miata/?

kill self, living in Florida that should be easy

6'3" im never going to fit in one am I

I think you're just trying to overplay your height.

it mostly depends on your torso height.

6'1" and I fit it one well enough
I'd still floor mount a seat eventually if I bought one though.

I'd always hit the softtop over decent speedbumps.
6'4". Haven't hit the hardtop yet.

>Miata
>Has someone here experienced rattling

top kek
it's part of the experience, suck it up faggot

6'1" long torso here, I fit in an NA6 well enough with a stock seat, a foamectomy would've definitely helped.

Seeing lights was a bit of an issue, also getting blinded by any vehicle higher than yours (damn near all of them) at night

I don't know how a visor delete helps that at all desu, they're really not in the way. Maybe they're different in later cars

>Seeing lights was a bit of an issue, also getting blinded by any vehicle higher than yours (damn near all of them) at night

speaking of which, you can win that stupid stancefag contest where they drive below the stick with just a slightly lowered miata, provided there aren't stanced miatas around of course
pretty hilarious

im 6'1" and fit in my NC with helmet and hardtop on easily

i fit in my NA almost as well with just a floor mounted seat

Hey guys I am interested in buying a Miata but I have never driven a manual car before so I am worried about how I would get it home. I do ride motorcycles so I am 100% familiar with the concept of a manual transmission but I don't know how different it will feel in a car

I'm shipping a Miata from Atlanta up to NJ, what are the odds of this ending poorly?

Clutch in clutch out.
Test drive some other car nearby. "Borrow" one if needed

Looks fun. Is that Meteor Gray?
>tfw can't get blue in Club
>tfw no good blues in Mazda lineup atm except for the CX-3
>tfw no good colors for the ND
Mazda get your shit together

>mfw the cheapest NA with a/c here that isn't a wreck costs 6200 bucks
How expensive would it be in the states?

mm'bout $3,500 obo

Got my delrin door bushings in today, absolutely unbelievable how good they are. I'll never own a convertible without them again

1500 if you are patient, 3000 if you are not.

so you believe the meme?

Bought to go to a guy tomorrow and try to cop his 91 miata. He wants 1500 but let's see if I can Jew him a bit, car runs great but looks terrible.

Wish me luck.

Also, is there an idiot proof guide to making a miata faster? Cursory research tells me to start with a 1.8l, and build a custom head, but beyond that I'm clueless.

Holy shit that's fucking cheap m8s. Especially considering that the average man here earns about 500 dollars a month so even a basic miata counts as luxury.
The USA is truly Veeky Forums heaven.

my 94 with rice aero

Looks pretty fucking bad

Uhh turbo

>spend half a year on Veeky Forums looking for a good suggestion for a car
>every other thread "miata"
>fuck it and get a toyota avalon xls, immaculate condition

Fuck I'm happy with my purchase.

people just spout miata whenever people ask "wut car is gud" with zero related information

congrats on the purchase

for the love of god please tell me how I can get a bike on my NA like yours...

lol the stickers are to cover up fender dents and the stock front bumper was in bad shape. i got a good deal on this one its fiberglass weightreduction meme

Have 1990 NA6 and live in Florida, stock is slow yes but turbo is easy and fun. Plus there are plenty of people around and online who can help with anything you need.

These door bushings are becoming the new fingerboxes aren't they?

Listen, I'm trying to buy this car but my family is all about four wheelers, awd jeeps, mustangs, etc. They are extremely opposed to me getting a miata, like honestly opposed.

I tried the arguments like
>looks nice
>good after market
>fun ride
>convertible
>potential for fast
>I like it
But everything gets shot down.

Tldr why the fuck do you drive a miata?

why are you in a position such that your family has final say in purchasing decisions
are you even out of high school?

It's not like they can have the final say, but the entire fucking family is so opposed to this car. The conversation should be
>hey I found a miata for cheap
And then I should get
>looks cool
Or
>not my style, just make sure it's a solid ride

But instead I get like, pure venom, it's weird. Specifically "why do you keep going for jap shit???"

Like what?

Does your family post on Veeky Forums

No offense but you sound like you come from one of those white trash families.

also their opinions should faze you at all, why do you even care, seriously. I mean they arent paying for the car right?

>jap shit
when people not on Veeky Forums say this kind of shit they really want a brotruck
you should probably get away from your family very fast

not him but theres nothing wrong with a brotruck, its just that people who act like that dudes families are cancerous. Doesnt matter the type of car they fawn over.

t. someone who owns a miata

his family is cancerous though

They're not paying for the car but why wouldn't the family's opinion be worth something?

They just don't get that I found what I'm looking for, a light, sorta good on gas, sporty looking car. I don't want to go into debt buying an f350 from a dealership or spend thousands "fixing up a muscle car."

They're assholes about it but at the end of the day they just bought into a different set of memes, it's so fucking annoying to have someone act high faluting over a damn car though.

>why wouldn't the family's opinion be worth something?
They seem like assholes regarding cars to be honest

There's a good chance your family is just ribbing you and you're a giant pussy

I get banter sometimes from my close family about my cars but I just give it back and don't whine to Veeky Forums

ricer miata

My grandpa used to have a miata, even got to drive around the indycar track with Paul Newman. Now that I've got a job, I'm thinking about copping a miata for cheap as a fun little car on the weekends. Any tips, best model years, things to look for/avoid, pricing, etc? I'm not real good with cars, so I'd like to avoid having to do a bunch of work on it, but I'm also saving for a house, so I don't want to drop too much cash on a new toy, since I already have a dd. I moved to the south and we've got a lot of nice windy roads down here so I want something a bit more fun to drive than my civic. Pic unrelated

>why wouldn't the family's opinion be worth something?

Because its your car that YOU'RE buying. When you get married you are for sure going to easily let go of whatever sportscar you have because your wife tells you that it's unsafe and blah blah blah

Eh it might be. I've looked at some other cars, mostly Japanese, and they all get shit on though. I drive a manual dodge neon and they think it's pretty cool, and it isn't a bad car but they only like it for being American made.

There's nothing wrong with American cars but they haven't made anything (that I know of) that checks the boxes I have.

It's whatever. I'll get the miata and use it to step destroy my brothers ford probe in a race. I doubt my dad or mom or sister will race but I can just rub the one win in.

Can a miata outrun a mustang if there's enough corners? I dunno if I could take my brother's track car in a miata.

Best/comfiest Toyota

Are there any jdm engines that do well with the miata? All my friends tell me to do the ls swap but that seems too "normal."

I'd like to stay with 4 cylinders for dem empeegees

Newfag postan ITT so I don't have to start my own.

Gonna be getting my first car soon and have my heart set on an NA miata. Have a budget of about 3k, I will be able to put some money into it to fix it up down the road so it doesn't have to be perfect.

Just wondering what I should be looking out for and what to avoid?

j32a2

k24 swap

youtube.com/watch?v=0a76haKChfg

Also what's Veeky Forums's opinions on NB miatas?

great car to learn manual in
give it some gas and let the clutch out nice and slow
every time you press the brake, press the clutch
dont give a fuck about people behind you, they just jelly you have a miata
once you get it moving you will get home fine

how do i do a smoother first to second transition in the 6 speed

do i have to slip the clutch for a while? like upwards of two seconds at the bite point and beyond?

i think NB better than NA, but some NA are a lot cheaper so you can't go wrong really

look for broken springs and frame rail dents, not that they are huge issues but maybe you talk them down because of it

Somewhere there is a used miata buying guide, probably on miata.net. That should tell you everything you need to know about buying one. Good luck.

use google you fucking retards, i know some fucking "miata enthusiast" is gonna spoon feed you to show off his miata prowess, but seriously it's not that fucking hard

I got mine before I even knew of Veeky Forums and I was easily able to narrow down every single fucking possible thing, google fucking "miata buyer's guide"

fuck I couldn't even resist spoon feeding you worthless dubs-getting fucks
pic rel my miata best miata rip bb

>do i have to slip the clutch for a while? like upwards of two seconds at the bite point and beyond?

no you fucking moron, you have to give it some gas as you're shifting, there's no reason to slip the clutch in 1st to 2nd and yes I've driven the 6-speed

fuck beat me to the spoonfeed

i literally would have never thought to give it gas, it was just doing the normal lift to shift thing

idk man, you have to give it a little gas (literally like 5mm of pedal travel) as you're shifting through any gear for it to be truly smooth in my experience, try it out

I figured this out driving my Miata home through Denver, first time driving stick

Not trying to brag, it's just seems like a pretty intuitive thing to figure out

PSA to anyone ITT having concerns over driving stick:

It's not that fucking hard, if a shit for brains 17 year old could figure it out on his first try after watching a couple of instructional videos you can too

Once they get the speedmatching right without a few milliseconds of test clutch, just putting pressure on the throttle a moment before letting the clutch back in helps.
As opposed to letting the engine/tranny sync and _then_ going back on the gas, smoother if you're already getting back on it and let the clutch soak up that tiny bit of difference.

>Mfw revmatch perfectly for a downshift and the exhaust crackles a bit

wow it really looks like a toy in that photo

>lurk for a miat
>gorgeous example pops up
>no money to buy it
>time passes on, the car goes away
>have the money and go for the best that is on the market
>NOW THE SAME OLD CAR COMES OUT AGAIN AND I DONT HAVE MONEY TO BUY IT AGAIN

I am so fucking mad right now. I bet if i even try to sell my current car the beauty that keeps avoiding me will go away as well.
God damn it all!

>thinks there was a Mazdaspeed NC
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

what is the Miat in question and what do you have

Black NA with cream interior, leather seats, 1.8 engine, Nardi wheel, AC.

Mine is green with black cloth interior, 1.6, stock wheel, no AC.

I really hope the black car has tons of problems or i will run my head under a bus.

looky here buddy, leather fucking sucks in a Miata, and in my honest, experienced opinion the 1.6 is more revvy and fun than the 1.8 and OBD1 is less of a pain. Fuck AC, you've got a convertible. Only time I used mine was on a long trip on the interstate in sweltering heat but top down + hat would've been fine

If it's the original 1991 British Racing Green, that's a fuckin cool color, post a pic m8

T-thanks user. Here it is. Still love it to bits.

newfag here, what youtube video?

hey fellow slav, where you at?

So it's a '93? That does look like BRG which is cute, we only got it in 1991 here in the US

It also has the lightweight wheels on it, those are really nice

you should straighten your headlight covers, it will really improve looks

Bulgaria.

The previous owner told me its a 1997.

What is wrong with the covers?

Blog post incoming

My Miata, value wise, is at the ceiling of the Miata market.
I would like to mod it, but I wouldn't see that money back.

Would trading my 70k miles 96 Montego Blue, 2 owner, entirely stock, still has all original documentation, zero rust even underneath, with brand new blue canvas Robbins glass soft top, and real BBS basketweaves
FOR
A 1.8 with ~115k miles, big brake kit, hard top, RPF1s (or 6UL etc), sticky tires, good suspension, Torsen, CAI, sway bar upgrades, and bucket seats
be a dumb decision?

Nice lol that's a fuckin shithole, at least you've got a Miata

I'm from the Crimea but I've been all around

Idk why I assumed '93, we got the "toilet bowl" grille emblem from '93 and the lightweight wheels around that time too

Your headlight covers are bent, they get that way from being leaned on when working on the car etc.

To make them flush, pop the hood and literally grab the metal part of the headlight cover from the back, and give it a pull so it bends up

Repeat with the other headlight. I find it easier to bend them a bit too high, then close the hood and bend them back down so they sit perfectly level. It's a really obvious thing to spot because the gap between the back of the cover and the hood really stands out, the front of the car should be one smooth bubble

probably not, you can sell your Montego for $7-10,000 on bringatrailer pretty easily if it has good options

Then find a good stock 1.8 with hardtop for 3-4k (easy enough if you're patient and skilled in searching)

Dump the rest into mods, you'll be able to afford a lot, and it will feel much more personal

for reference, here's my now dead Miata, on the right is ath the previous owner's house with fucked headlight covers, on the left is after I got it home and fixed them

it's subtle but very noticeable