/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Northstar Edition

Currently on sale on Origin as well as consoles. Enter "TITAN20" code at Origin checkout for an additional discount.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network update with info on DLC, new Titan kits, game mode tweaks & more:
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/
Angel City map coming december, late november for preorders
Prime Ion and Scorch skins coming in December
The pc network has been purged, join on the new one linked above

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

If you cant find games in a specific mode, try playing mixtape.

Doomed thread

Post your main Titans why not?

Name a better faction leader

Protip: you can't

Northstar is the antithesis of my playstyle but I appreciate its role

not sure about spectres/grunts, i know they have a kick and melee animations, but auto titans do have unique animations. melee ones in particular. i saw a tone or ion do some WWF elbow drop onto a pilot

right here fampai

How do I into Ronin? I wish to embrace my inner weeaboo

man i ilke a lot of the robit designs in this game, i just wish they mixed up the feet a bit more. most of the feet are these prong/duck lookin things

>He use hitscan weapons

Y'know what's gonna be fucking fun? Dousing the floor in thermite with Scorched Earth and then using Incendiary Traps as massive grenades.

yup, definitely works. saved my ass and got me some kills i would not have gotten otherwise. slowly starting to like ronin more and more, just really need at least 1 or 2 competent titans on your team for ronin to work well

Because they're factually good designs.
Cheap, faster, and provide balance like actual feet. Why do anything else?

>tfw you play as Ion and Legion players are too dumb to stop shooting when I have vortex up
I literally take our their entire health bars in one go, it's amazing how easy it is to bully Legion.

yeah i get it, the physics work.
>Why do anything else?
for variety and cosmetic reasons. theyre pushing cosmetics a lot so i dont see why not. if its not hard for them to design new models, or at least parts of new models(robit feet for instance) then i think that would be a nice addition that a lot of people would like.
i like the robots for the most part, but sometimes id love to use the holopilot character model while still being able to use stim for example.

Postan again

Yeah, I'd like more customization for my pilot. I like robiwaifus, but the ones right now looks the same male as female plus two bumps. Wish I could make something a little better like Ash.

Who 6-4 here

Your about to get shitted on dude.

Shitter detected

>4.11

Hey

What game mode would you recommend me to play for the fastest queues? I just bought this game and even though I suck, I am a horrible FPS player, I am having a lot of fun. Not sure what game modes are popular.

attrition

Attrition or Bounty Hunter

Cant wait for Prime skin

Thanks!

I switch to the 20% vortex dmg boost for legion spammers every time. They're too dumb to stop holding the trigger down! lol

I really want to like this game.
Too bad the servers are garbage
If I wanted to rubber-band around I would play the deathwing beta

so what does the happy hour do?

Gives you five extra merits

extra merits

Yeah it seems like they shit themselves around this time pretty regularly. Like, unplayably bad.

Guess it's not just me then.

I wanted spring-loaded feet that allow the pilot to bunnyhop without crouching shenanigans!

Bought game yesterday. Northstar

Like so!

>merits
I'm still not sure what these are

You need 10 to level

You can also use em to buy shit

guys what are good weapons to use

I tried playing with all the beginner weapons and I"m awful at all of them. Literally every other player I run across blows me the fuck out

the only way I can get points is by equipping the mgl and shooting at distracted titans. My mgl is lvl 15 and all my other weapons are like lvl 4 or 5

oh yeah and I literally can't perform well in any titan

how do I acquire skill at competitive shooters

To be honest, what would really make the campaign just solid gold is some extra missions. I would absolutely be willing to pay extra for additional campaign content because while it was great there just wasn't enough of it.

maybe start in LTS to get gud with a titan because it'll take too long otherwise. Then get gud as a pilot?

>someone saved my crappy OC

Neat, and I feel sorry for Legions, it's not their fault

The best weapons are (To my knowledge) Volt, CAR, Devotion, Alternator and the first Assault Rifle.

Alternatively, go fucking balls to the wall into the deep end and run with the EPG. you'll get good or quit the game

that's funny as hell but that legion might legit have brain damage.

all legions have brain damage

>no orgasm sound mod when you enter a titan

Also I could imagine pilots modding their titans that reflect their fetishes.

Considering that the Titans are actually intelligent to some degree in this game, that comes off as pretty rapey.

is there built-in aim assist on the PC version?

Don't you mean self-aware or sentient? Because all Titans are intelligent to a point.

Considering that titans are literally programmed to get killed if it means saving the pilot, I think it's pretty obvious who's the dom and who's the sub in this relationship.

>US west side lagging to shit
>one player leaves, making it 5v6
>no friendly Titans
>enemy team drops 4 Tones minimum

I want this game to succeed, but this shit right.

I know it exists on at least some abilities (Salvo Core's targetting has some pretty noticeable assist), but I'm not sure how prevalent it is or to what degree.

nyet

Yea I never lagged before until tonight. I wonder what's going on.

Probably everyone buying the game now, I saw the pop at 30k around midnight cst

was your team all northstars at one point? Might have been me who left. Literally unplayable lag not registering shots

I hit the same lag spike, everytime I spawned I couldn't even move.

Nope, it was Drydock. Only two friendly Titans fell and that included my Ronin before the Tones started to lock down everything.

Kinda hilarious, because hits would still register. EPG kills errywhere.

yeah, would have been more fun if I didn;t get placed in the exact same spawn after struggling to get loose 3 times

I don't understand why everone on the frontier gets upset over polution that they feel the need to go to war over it.

>some shitcunts who don't even live in your house just break down the door and start shitting and pissing on everything
>not getting mad about it

It's literally fucking nothing.

Anyone else getting shit ping at the moment?

What setup you guys use for your pilot? like weapons, attachments and all

How do I use the nuclear evac it never seems to blow

your titan has to be doomed and you mash E.

Doesn't work unless you eject in doomed state.

>mash E
Ah I only hold it down
thanks

you can't eject manually?

nope, I hope it's a bug but I bet it's to reduce nuke ejects utility in an ambush

You can, but nuclear eject only blows in doomed state.

I've been working on regenning every weapon so I don't really have "a" build, but here are some general guidelines I work with for all of them.

OPINIONS INCOMING

>Tactical Abilities
Stim, Pulse Blade and Phase Shift are always going to be useful. Stim is my favorite, but Pulse Blade gets pulled out on objective game modes or if the enemy team is full of Cloak players. Phase Shift is fucking ridiculous on CTF (you can run flags with it). A-Wall gets an honorable mention for how strong it can be in objective game-modes. Grapple and Cloak fall under "not 'meta' but still fun", while Holo Pilot is funny but horrible.

>Ordinance
I've only really extensively used Arc Grenades and Firestars. I much prefer Firestars. They come out faster than a grenade and do a not-insignificant amount of damage to Titans. If you hit a Titan in the crit spot with a Firestar, your Titan Meter gets a pretty solid boost.

>Kit 1
Generally I'll run Power Cell until I unlock Tactikill on a given weapon, then I'll run Fast Regen. Phase Embark is required for Last Titan Standing.

>Kit 2
Low Profile. Buy it. Buy it now and never use anything else.

>Primary
Regardless of the weapon, you're going to run Tactikill. Know what's better than Stim? Stimming every ten goddamn seconds. Know what's better than throwing a Pulse Blade in a building? Throwing a Pulse Blade in a building, killing everyone in it, then having it up to throw in the next one. It's great. After that, the attachments kind of depend on personal preference and the gun.

>Secondary
Anti-Titan weapons are going to be more useful than pistols in most cases, but ultimately this is your call. Of the AT weapons, the MGL is my favorite by a huge margin. That thing shreds Titans.

>Make the enemy beg for mercy

Arc nades are so good for stopping them ninja's in their fucking tracks.
>Enemy used stim to go fast
>Nail them with arc nade
>Devotion starts spooling
Hows that Volt treating you now faggot?

How does it feel to be slow, Pilot?

Just wait till i get my titan you little shit

You're supposed to save the stim to get out of that

Never attack from the front, go around and flank or wait for your allies to distract the enemy. Initiate with arcwave, empty your shotgun, get a few hits in and then RUN!
If your dashes are empty, use swordblock and walk away slowly. Don't commit to a fight, unless you feel like you can doom and execute the enemy in 3 seconds or lesse.

Oh shit, if this is true, you're the man.

They're sorted by popularity.

Unlock the Softball if you like grenade launchers. That thing should suit you.

So is there any point in wall running outside of getting over walls? It just seems to get anyone that tries it killed.

>Smart pistol works against cloak
Nigger what

Running on walls is faster than running on the ground. Whenever possible, you should be on a wall.

2smart4u

What, you're bothered that the megacheese outcheeses your own cheese? Move to Switzerland! Your cheese stinks anyhow!

Smart pistols ttk is a lot higher than the volt/CAR/Alternators that vaguely look in your direction.

...assuming every shot of the rifles/smg hits, which they generally don't unless you're moving like a slug. So it's literally just counting the time you're in someone elses' field of view and then instagibbing you, no skills involved.

HALEHALEHALEHALEEAHALEAA WHAT THE FUCK TODAY HALEHALEHALEEHALEE

But from what I have seen, you're better off being inside a building, that exposed on a wall.

Only if there's 3+ Tones. Camping might seem good when you're playing against other camping shitters, but ll it takes is one decent player bunnyhopping his way through with an EPG to ruin your day.

Has the game gotten better yet or is it still Tonefall 2?

We will know nov. 30. If they haven't made non SMG weapons competitive and nerfed Tone into the ground they can fuck off with TF 3 if it's ever happening.

>changing the op every thread
Stop, my autism

>yfw AVENGE_ME

I seriously hope they don't change the ttk or nerf Tone or weapons but instead buff what needs to be buffed.

The ttk is absolutely perfect as it is!

Question: can I change my titans voice

why do all the robots have vaginas

I can't jack off to this

I want more of these lines, and adding more ought to be easy.

I want one that says "VERWEILE DOCH", for literary reference value.

oh look its this cancerous faggot again

Hey /tfg/ ill give you a heads up, anytime this notorious faggot posts dont take anything he says serious, he's known as laughing stock and is possibly the biggest shitter in Veeky Forums history

Yes if you use a controller

This is why you'll see slow walkers with inexplicable aim
Core only soft locks if you have a regular salvo lock, not that you need ANY kind of help with that stupid Titan
>space is literally infinite
>let's set up our dirt farms on resource rich planets on earth's dime
>oh fuck someone want to actually use "our land" to advance human civilization muh freedoms
Drinking piss makes you inherently unreasonable

pls respond