/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/11/netflix-4k-streaming-pc-kaby-lake-cpu-windows-10-edge-browser/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Resolution
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll get in early and repeat my question. Why the fuck doesn't Desmume emulate GBA? Are the developers retarded?

if good programmers are expensive

why are FOSS emulators free?

I can't imagine what else SP was doing in those three years while he was listening to end users if he wasn't hearing "the gui is shit." Apparently he thought they just meant it didn't look pretty at first which is why he went to the PS3 GUI when that is just as bad if not worse than RGUI? I can't even think of a single other problem in RA since 0.9.9 or whatever as big as the gui, so I also thus can't imagine what SP has been doing when he has been listening to end users besides the mednafen enhancements. All he really needed to do was look at the stand alones he was porting cores from as far as their GUIs and realize WIMP is what PCfags desire as well as generally what is expected as far as layout too.

What is really holding SP back is this bizarre belief that his program needs to be the same on every platform when different platforms are different for reasons beyond his control. Input choices, screen real estate, functionality, and users on one platform not being the same demographics as the users on others.

Is redump org kill?

anyone have some bezels for ps1? please anons!

byuu uses freebsd and his dick is feminine

I pointed that out to him when he announced the tool but he told me to fuck off.

What's your CPU by any chance? Mine is an i7-4790.

Also, I've actually found a way to get the menus to not crash on me in one to ten seconds. I enabled threaded video (on my v1.5.3 of RetroArch, enabling threaded video would instantly crash the program upon restart, I had to edit the config manually with Notepad++ to even use it again) then it let me control the menu while it was out of focus. I was able to load ParaLLEl and various N64 ROMs, some of which ran beautifully, some of which didn't. Pokémon Stadium has some mostly minor graphical glitches (along with a seizure-inducing one in one of the menus for the Kids Club), Yoshi's Story slows down a lot in level 4-2 when the effect near the water's surface is on-screen and has relatively minor graphical glitches, Perfect Dark crashed RetroArch after the "Expansion Pak Detected" screen, and Conker's Bad Fur Day looks really fucked up, but Smash 64, Super Mario 64, and Ocarina of Time all worked like a charm.

After loading a ROM, I would alt+tab to another window to bring RetroArch out of focus, and then mess around in the menus. Doing this, I was able to load up the slang port of CRT-Royale, which didn't effect performance at all, as well as remap the controls for Super Mario 64. (These default ParaLLEl controls are a bit of a mess; who hits the button on the right for the jump button and the button on the bottom as the attack button in a platformer, especially a 3D one?) There was still some crashing, though. Sometimes when I hit F1 to enter the RetroArch menu, the executable would instantly crash before I could even see the menu. At least once it crashed after I hit "Apply Shader Changes" (I had to hit that after starting every game for whatever reason, even though the shader is set to the default one in the config) and there were a couple other crashes too. But in general, the highest stability I saw with it was while it was alt+tabbed out of focus after enabling threaded video.

fuck reicast
redream now boots games
DC emulation is saved

RetroArch will enter maintenance mode and eventually die.

maister is too busy.

Alcaro only codes to kill time or when he's bored (cares about the project but not enough to go through all the shit code).

enygmata only codes to kill time or when he's bored (doesn't seem to care about the project at all).

Kivutar will replace RetroArch with something else to keep the lakka project going.

radius will marry, have two kids and live a comfortable life in ecuador.

aliaspider will hack something else.

mudlord will shitpost about "fixing RA" but will never submit a pull request.

zeromus will write a monograph on why SP/RetroArch/libretro failed.

simias won't give a fuck.

no, mudlord cannot code at all.

I can finally play picross properly.

These old games are shit. Otherwise you'd be playing them right now.

how does devil may cry 3 emulates on the pcsx2?
i downloaded the pc version and applied a widescreen patch but the port is just to horrible to play.
is it any better on emulator?
also how big of a factor the style switch mod is for someone new to the series?

I'd say they have a lot more to fix on the DS front before they even begin to worry about GBA.

Runs without issues using the Opengl renderer but there is always that PS2 blur that DMC makes a lot of use of.
DMC3 is not designed to be played with style switching on the fly. It would make the game extremely easy.

ok thanks user i guess il just play the game on the emulator for the better graphics.
opengl render allows you to crank up the texture resolution and all the anti aliasing shit right?

Is there any way to emulate Pokemon HeartGold yet? Did Desmume improve at all or did all development halt?

I wonder if they got taken down

Really makes you think.

what if byuu-san takes over retroarch? he will force 4:3 on all of you. integer scaling will be deleting

how can a dick be feminine?

>redream now boots games
proof pls

I guess making records of dumps is now illegal

what are the best CRT filter meemsa?

compile it or go ask inolen

>>maister is too busy
yeah he's so busy that he singlehandedly wrote a vulkan renderer for mednafen
>>shit code
SP spent 3 years refactoring it so I doubt it would be an intimidating factor for potential contributors. In fact, lioncash has just made some pull requests.

>he singlehandedly wrote a vulkan renderer for mednafen

Except he didn't

Is there any way in gods green earth to get this thing working on dolphin? It can't pick up any inputs for shit.

Now you got me curious.
Don't tell me it's model replacement or some way to add more polys to models.

Is mudlord going to save reicast?

Why the fuck would it emulate the GBA? Theyre two completely different systems, only sharing a cpu.

>reposting.

I think something is wrong with my Retroarch search, instead of just go to the searched term it actually chose the first thing it founds.

It won't die permanently, RetroArch-Next will happen

Is it possible to connect my pc to a PVM and use emulators?

This kind of clusterfuck is generally what I expect from RA.

Probably, you'd have to make sure of a couple of things beforehand like what sort of signal it supports and what sort of connectors it accepts.
Don't plug without researching beforehand, if your monitor doesn't support 30khz and you plug a computer (that isn't using CRT_emudriver or something similar) directly on it you could damage it.

I believe in our little muddy-kun

I thought that only worked for searching filenames for content.

Why.

Nope, it worked for everything.

I see a lot of people on here complaining about Desmume.

If you have an android phone I can't recommend Drastic ds enough. It runs every game I throw at it perfectly and having the touch controls is really nice, and allows you to play more on the phone than on a computer.

Closed
Source
Garbage

What's wrong with an emulator being closed source and paid? It runs better than the open source alternative and has many features you would ever need.

Tell me more

Closed source emulator can only just be a temporary solution. Look what happened to Kega Fusion.Really good emulator but the dev is gone so it’s dead.No x32 emulation for you.

Why did you delete your reddit account ?

tell you more what? I'm not convincing you guys to buy just download the fucking apk if you want

I played:
>all the phoenix wrights
>pokemon soul silver
>zelda
>wario ware
>prof layton
>999
>ghost trick

>Kega Fusion
never heard of it. I dont see what the issue is cause the ds isn't receiving any updates or new games.

The problem is that pressing Enter key confirms twice, pressing Start on the gamepad doesn't.

Jokes aside, mudlord is one of the few emudevs I really like and respect, always cool to talk to about anything technical

The problem is every new update of your OS can (and eventually will) break your emulator.

That is, as long as he takes his meds. He can be really unstable at times which is unfortunate

just got a 4k tv, what should i emu on it?

Intellivision

(You)

>4K

Reminder that by buying 4K-compilant hardware you support hardware DRM.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/11/netflix-4k-streaming-pc-kaby-lake-cpu-windows-10-edge-browser/

>Reicast
It's all about demul mate.

What?

But how does this made sense?

I mean when you're using the search you generally would do this using the keyboard since since you need to type something, now we need to click the search button>type something>click the start button on the freaking controller!?

Come the fuck on.

It's a bug. I pointed out a bug.

Calm the fuck down dude

I've seen people playing HeartGold on Desmume years ago. What's wrong with it?

They're only expensive if they perceive what they do as work. FOSS stuff is often done by enthusiasts and hobbyists, but there are also exceptions. Most contributors to the Linux kernel are full-time employees of companies who have a business interest in Linux.

do i still have to go through cli stuff to record a webm in RA?

don't forget about the massive input lag that Sony has been trying to prevent from getting out.

it doesn't confirm twice here in windows

Windows 10 here, HUE keyboard (a mechanic abnt2 one) same shit as just tested.

So with the current state of Citra how long do you think it will take for it to get most if not all the catalog running at a playable state?

>So with the current state of Citra

Fun to goof around, but not really suited for serious playthroughs

>how long do you think it will take for it to get most if not all the catalog running at a playable state?

10 years, 15 if zeromus joins the project

What is native res for PSX. Just want to know whether there's much point in going over 4x internal res.

Typically ~240p. It varies from game to game though (and can change in-game too).

>retro console dev general.png

>Really good emulator but the dev is gone so it’s dead.
Still werks for me.

I refuse to believe some of these games run at some bizarre resolutions?

Finally

Infinity years(ie, never). Citra is going nowhere. Need a competent team to make a new emulator.

>I refuse to believe some of these games run at some bizarre resolutions?
>?
So, do you refuse to believe it or don't you?

Are you not aware that GBA games can be played on a DS? Did you eat lead paint as a child?

Why should it? The GBA portion uses a completely different processor, just like how the 3DS uses a completely different processor to play DS games

I think "(Menu) Swap Ok & Cancel Buttons" would sound a little less less confusing.

>retroarch
>press esc
>instantly quits

fuc

The purpose of DeSmuME is to emulate the DS, not the GBA. Like I said, they're completely different systems. It would be a huge fucking waste of time and effort. Fucking kill yourself.

The point of emulation is to emulate the original hardware. The DS can play GBA games, therefore the emulator should as well.

I swear there was only one less when I pressed the post button

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Resolution

256×224p, 256x240p, 320x224p, 320×240p, 512x224p, 512×240p, 640x224p, 640x240p
320x448i, 320x480i, 370x448i, 370x480i, 512x448i, 512x480i, 640x448i, 640×480i

Thanks.

>Citra is going nowhere.
Care to explain? Or is it just another /emugen/ meme?

>640x224p
Stuff like this is just so weird. Why stretch it out on a game that will be played on a 4:3 screen (at the time anyway)?

It allows you to render less maybe?

How do the various 3DS pokemon games run on Citra ?

You could render less by going 320x240

They don't.

> Why stretch it out
Do you mean horizontally or vertically?
If you mean horizontally it's due to technical limitations. 640x480 is too much for most ps1 games. Also 480 is only possible with interlacing, which developers at that time may disliked. But some games have still room for up-resing so they go for 640x240, which gives a much sharper output image than 320x240.
Vertically it isn't stretched, the area beyond 224pixels is basically overscan. And the horizontal picture gets squished so 320x224 is 4:3 and not 320x240.

What do you get out of lying on the internet?

The truth is lies now?

What are Twinaphex opinions on sex dolls/robots?

Because I found it super unhealthy to be angry about emulation there all the time. Figured I might as well try and spend more time on actual coding rather than fighting. If I could block Veeky Forums and other social media without adverse effects to the media player I use for audio streaming and things I would use that particular proxy filter to do that.

He finds them disgusting

Can't you just add a line to your hosts file to block Veeky Forums? That shouldn't affect anything else.