I just put a pair of 12 inch subs in the trunk of my shitbox. I'm looking for some good bassy tunes to play...

I just put a pair of 12 inch subs in the trunk of my shitbox. I'm looking for some good bassy tunes to play, as I'm growing tired of the 60 or so I have. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6OJWaTyIjkY
youtube.com/watch?v=PvAZBYV1BrI
youtube.com/watch?v=tm7Wft5X2KI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-WLYWl4dhY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=31C3-SmPrDw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iXlCSS2hw
youtube.com/watch?v=V_hpgPQ20Zs
youtube.com/watch?v=7VE3NoWhROc
youtube.com/watch?v=cgw7Yv8je-k
youtube.com/watch?v=ismS9OUNeqU
youtube.com/watch?v=K0ZpOuzoKtM
youtube.com/watch?v=TqjQjJZzmeI
youtube.com/watch?v=0fGRu8sqsLA
youtube.com/watch?v=RImjSe5-4kc
youtube.com/watch?v=szKxAdvlCCM
youtu.be/FcAnG1yoFz8
soundcloud.com/bahtbeats/baht-glass
m.soundcloud.com/velvetpancake
youtu.be/FyNm-XZMeRA
youtube.com/watch?v=gMUhMtfP_gU
youtube.com/watch?v=iXOyIKGzMzo
youtube.com/watch?v=cLXp0MY5Mko
youtube.com/watch?v=ucvH04PGHuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ylsYtNlw8QI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8a8HCTkjtc
youtube.com/watch?v=lb-rzvG7ETc
youtube.com/watch?v=KM1jgEJHiTE
youtube.com/watch?v=S96SguswXY4
youtube.com/watch?v=uR8oLyr0HGA
youtu.be/oua0ab5oEno?t=24s
youtube.com/watch?v=cn4VlaUQXEY
youtube.com/watch?v=RFyELa7W-8s
youtube.com/watch?v=1iouJn_XL7g
youtube.com/watch?v=mBmL7iZpCb0
youtube.com/watch?v=qdcJSJftTaU
youtube.com/watch?v=8VrEkkI-y0w
youtube.com/watch?v=bOyU_OzRXnM
youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
youtube.com/watch?v=q6T0wOMsNr
youtube.com/watch?v=9hJ4OROIvxY
youtu.be/TsTPyLXgK6M
youtube.com/watch?v=nqtobIpZt68
youtube.com/watch?v=djE-BLrdDDc
youtube.com/watch?v=E5ONTXHS2mM
youtube.com/watch?v=OXor30_XZMY
youtube.com/watch?v=M1YgTXmTRAc&list
youtube.com/watch?v=KY3SzX6maCc&list=PLA8E66CEB100418E8&index=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NiN - Down In It

youtube.com/watch?v=6OJWaTyIjkY

Ah good pick. Added to the collection

Already have that one.

youtube.com/watch?v=PvAZBYV1BrI

youtube.com/watch?v=tm7Wft5X2KI

E-40 Bamboo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-WLYWl4dhY

NHT Boyz On the Corner
m.youtube.com/watch?v=31C3-SmPrDw

Philthy Rich Moving Birds
m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iXlCSS2hw

Uhhhhh im spacing out bro.

Any user got a suggestion on a decent amp i can buy?
I have this weak cheapo amp powering a 10" sub.
Its in my truck so im limited on space.

youtube.com/watch?v=V_hpgPQ20Zs

Swell - I'm Sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=7VE3NoWhROc

with love from /chill/

Nickelus F - second half of "emu"

Lil ugly mane - Leonards lake

good

Mega NRG Man - Back On The Rocks

Chief Keef - Faneto
youtube.com/watch?v=cgw7Yv8je-k

Chief Keef - Blew My High
youtube.com/watch?v=ismS9OUNeqU

Chief Keef - Citgo
youtube.com/watch?v=K0ZpOuzoKtM

M83 - Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun
youtube.com/watch?v=TqjQjJZzmeI

Kodak Black - SKRT
youtube.com/watch?v=0fGRu8sqsLA

Kodak Black - Like Dat
youtube.com/watch?v=RImjSe5-4kc

21 Savage - X
youtube.com/watch?v=szKxAdvlCCM

youtu.be/FcAnG1yoFz8
In the high 30's. Easy to hit.

Or...
Barely Alive, Virtual Riot, Dodge&Fusky, Bear Grillz, Protohype, Twine etc.

Nice looking amp, too. Though i can tell by internals its 300-600 watts. Ive never heard Helix, how does it sound?

Jus go through my likes and reposts on SoundCloud senpai, all I bump in my car with my ported 15
soundcloud.com/bahtbeats/baht-glass
m.soundcloud.com/velvetpancake

Here you go oppie
youtu.be/FyNm-XZMeRA

its not mine user. i swtole it off google.

youtube.com/watch?v=gMUhMtfP_gU

Curious. Whats your setup?

GONNA GETCHU

youtube.com/watch?v=iXOyIKGzMzo

inb4 nerds complaining that these aren't bassy because their twenty bucks desktop speakers can't recreate the frequency

i bought a cheap all in one setup. 2 12" Crunch branded subs with 1000w between them, built in amp. at $400 installed, absolutely worth it.

no, pls Dagumi, no eurobeat

Download the Decaf collection, you can grab it off TPB

Nothing but distortion uleh

Does anyone know the name of the song with that guy who raps in short sentences and sounds Jamaican? I think it's a relatively new song. My friend played it in his Golf while entering the parking lot of a car meet and it pissed everyone off. I think it might have been Tech N9ne.

youtube.com/watch?v=cLXp0MY5Mko

This it?

As a pro installer i have to say that price is outragous. all of that is worth about $200 installed IF that. Well, wait... Whats your amp? And be honest.

as i said it was all in one. amp is built into the back of the box. and as a professional installer you must know that professional installers over charge for the service. the speakers were 250 the the install cost me 140

No, but it sounds similar. The guy uses maybe 3 words per sentence.

Albums on the Telarc label are your absolute best bet for mind-blowing DEEP bass. Four of them that come to mind are:
Time Warp
Bachbusters
Star Tracks
and the granddaddy of them all Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture preformed by Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra

That version of 1812 has the cannon shots recorded down to 2 Hz!!! Why 2? Because that's the technical limit of the frequency response of a compact disc!

I will warn you, with any of these discs, you can damage speakers if the amp/sub/box aren't carefully designed. This is not hyperbole, this is an absolute fact. There are even warnings on the CD inserts.

Really just go with Tech N9ne and anybody else on Strange. You can't miss with that label. Krizz Kalico does a lot of stuff with Tech and both of them use really bassy beats. Krizz is also good for when you don't actually want rap. Guy's got range.

I can't really listen to rap if the artist isn't a chopper. The lyrics, tempo and presentation are overall much higher quality much more consistently due to the high skill floor.

Install price is fine, you got got with the price of the unit, they're $170 on amazon.

Also you might be interest in knowing your amp is 400w, not 1000w. Max ratings are bullshit, you want RMS ratings

$400 installed for 400wrms through 2x12s isn't that bad though

no i know, i was just saying what the box says. and yeah i know its cheaper elsewhere but it was kind of an impulse thing. wanted that instant gratification

Electric wizard-funeralopolis

Try Urizen.

This is going to drive me insane.

whats the point of having a good audio system in the car if the sound of the car/driving just gets in the way of the music

...but it doesnt. i have mine in an 06 accord. cant hear my engine or tires over the music if i have it turned up around half volume or so

Ok. So, the install fee sounds about right... Which ive always thought was way overpriced. Installing amps and subs are just ludicrous easy. But the subs cost about $50 a piece = 100. Then an amp that does 600 @ 2 ohms, i could go the Boss route and get that for $80 or i could go the Hifonics route and get that for $120. But assuming its crunch they probably went cheap. $180+140 is $320. Then a prefab box is $40... $360. Eh, well, then the wire kit. Ok, i guess that is fair. Other than the rip off installation i suppose that checks out.

Not having a shit car with garbage isolation helps, Mr. 90's Shitbox that you could hear a pin drop on the outside of from the drivers seat with the engine running.

wiring kit was included, but i didnt use it and opted for a larger gauge one so yeah

and i got dinged for some piece to let me use my stock head unit

So you want some nice low bass. I got you senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=ucvH04PGHuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ylsYtNlw8QI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8a8HCTkjtc
youtube.com/watch?v=lb-rzvG7ETc
youtube.com/watch?v=KM1jgEJHiTE

What guage? 8 or 4?

>
>What guage? 8 or 4?
Since 8 would be standard for 400w and he said he upgraded, I would wager he's got 4 ga

Also an example of the decaf i was talking about earlier:
youtube.com/watch?v=S96SguswXY4
youtube.com/watch?v=uR8oLyr0HGA

i wanna say its 14 gauge. you tryna troll me?

Ozzy Osbourne: Mama I'm Coming Home off of the No More Tears album.

youtu.be/oua0ab5oEno?t=24s

Yeah, you're not gonna hear the engine or tyres over it.

>14 guage

and if you don't want to listen to rap here's some starting points.

youtube.com/watch?v=cn4VlaUQXEY

youtube.com/watch?v=RFyELa7W-8s

youtube.com/watch?v=1iouJn_XL7g

youtube.com/watch?v=mBmL7iZpCb0

youtube.com/watch?v=qdcJSJftTaU

youtube.com/watch?v=8VrEkkI-y0w

and finally

youtube.com/watch?v=bOyU_OzRXnM

Not sure if you like electronic or not

1998 (kissy sellout remix) - binary finary

You guys are fucking with me right? Everything I'm reading says 12 to 16 gage...

Brah we're talking power wire, you're probably looking at speaker wire.

Ah my bad. I'm not well versed in this stuff. I'll take a look in a bit.

History of the Soviet Union to the Tetris Theme

youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

Search in Youtube Perfume Playlist

Blast it 24/7

Here's a sample
youtube.com/watch?v=q6T0wOMsNr

you can thank me later

>good audio system
>exterior noises suppress music
kek what the fuck are you retarded?

Wait... Are you OP and you have something above 8 ga as ground and power!?!

To be fair, though, you can run GOOD 12 ga power and ground on 400 watts. I have seen it. Monster 12 ga wire(and i have some if you want a pic) competes with many 8ga kits. Im not kidding.

That image, fucking kek!

I'll take pure copper 8ga over shit aluminium 4ga every day.

As long as its OFC and the strand count is high per guage, yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=9hJ4OROIvxY

Im just going to throw this out there.
These are all power/ground wires

Left: Boss 8 ga
Middle: Monster 12 ga
Right: Cadence 8 ga

See how the Monster wire is actually bigger than the Boss wire?

I hate how companies, all they have to do is make the outer rubber the specified guage and not the strand count(what matters) the correct guage. So much faulty bullshit in the car audio business as of now...

Copper carries roughly double the current than a similar amount of Aluminum does. And remember that ampacity charts assume that you are using Copper.

So, in this instance, assuming you have a 30 ampere draw over a 16 foot run, 8 gauge is acceptable.

BUT

If you are running Aluminum (CCA), in order to use this chart, you have to double the current up to 60 amps. So 4 gauge would be required.

And obviously, 8 gauge is much easier to run and hide than 4 gauge is. For that reason alone, it's always better to use Copper wiring.

No I was thinking speaker wire. The power wire is 4ga

>running 3000 RMS through 4 ga wire literally ever.

Fuck... That...

All kinds of 50 cent shit if you're into that. Get Rich or Die Tryin has a lot of fun tracks.

If you want bass you can't go wrong with Late Nite Tip that's if you're into rap.

youtu.be/TsTPyLXgK6M

>tfw local car audio shop does installs for $1 if you buy their equipment
>but their gear is overpriced and who wants to let someone install their shit for them

we're running 1200 w rms on 12 gauge cca china wire. fucking works fine lol

>monoblock is ran with 4 ga AWG pure ofc copper welding cable

Only Satan could pull that off.

When it's a two foot run, it's fine.

"What are the Laws of Physics for $400, Alex?"

>Already have that one.
Can you list the 60 songs you already have

>whats the point of having a good audio system in the car if the sound of the **CAR** just gets in the way of the music

My stock car was always quiet. I can have the engine running and I really have to strain to hear or feel it idling. So perhaps you are complaining not about cars in general, but mostly about your own choice of car. Sure, if you drive a 1980 Yugo type car, you will hear both engine and road noise. But even in my cheap (non luxury) GM car, it's fairly quiet.

>whats the point of having a good audio system in the car if the sound of the **DRIVING** just gets in the way
If your car didn't have sound insulation and dampening put in by the manufacturer, then you can add sound insulation as mentioned at or other archived noise reduction threads.

You can also stop using your cherry bomb or other exhaust noise tuners. You can replace your catalytic converter. You can use a better muffler instead of that generic replacement whose vibration transmits back up to the car body.

If you've modified your suspension for more sporty stiff response, you will have more noise, but that was your choice so don't complain about the noise. You can choose less noisy tires though. Tire noise is one of the largest sources of road noise and can be greatly influenced by the choice of tires.

doesn't it hurt your ears though? It hurts my ears and I'm not even in the car.

>have polk audio component system in trans am
>V8 exhaust resonates the entire car
>fully sound deadened under carpet and drive-train tunnel and rear hatch and under the plastic interior (need to do doors)
>all you can hear is the super clean audio when its turned up.

only at full throttle can you hear the engine running with the audio system playing. but thats because its straight piped

suicideboyssss

youtube.com/watch?v=nqtobIpZt68

>not having a car for spirited driving, a comfy SLAB, and a truck

just loop an mp3 that says "Look at me, I'm a nigger!"

>I just put a pair of 12 inch subs in the trunk of my shitbox.

Some people just can't have enough bass.
Those are the cars that go down the road and you hear that *boom* *boom* and nothing else but that "boom* *boom* *boom*.

My dude

>adding subs
underage b&

>1000w between them

What are the fuse sizes? The amplifier power cannot be more than the power drawn from the car's 12VDC system. Or do you mean that 1000W is the peak instantaneous power?

>Distortion intensifies

I like this song though, you have a clean version?

>whats the point of having a good audio system in the car if the sound of the car/driving just gets in the way of the music

I've been in lots of different cars all my life decade after decade. Some were loud, but some you cannot hear or feel the engine idling and that's with everyone in the car dead quiet and the head unit off. There are lots of quiet cars out there decade after decade.

If you have a loud car but want it quieter, then you can add sound insulation like others said. But there really are cars that have great audio sound and enough air space in the cabin to let the sound bloom. It's harder to have excellent (not just good) sound in the tight cab of a truck.

this shit is playing through my system right now and it's making my house shake youtube.com/watch?v=djE-BLrdDDc shit song but bassy

>we're running 1200 w rms on 12 gauge cca china wire.

The fuse on the line dictates the max power that the line carries. Any chinese speaker system can claim to output 400 Watts RMS to the subwoofers, but if the fuse on the 12 volt line is for 30 amperes, then the output won't be more than approx 300 watts since there is inefficiency plus cooling needed for that system. The sizes of the multiple windings in that subwoofer will also limit the power. Some of these chinese subwoofer parts have extravagant claims. Sure, the speaker says "made in usa" but 100% of the parts are from china. It was more accurately partially assembled in the usa so if 70% of the final assembly was in the usa, then it can claim to be made in the usa.

I'm 100% sure it was Panda
youtube.com/watch?v=E5ONTXHS2mM
*dabs*

Linear Power speakers and amplifiers are, in fact, Made in the USA. Pretty much the only non-American parts in their amps are the Japanese Nichicon capacitors. Even the circuit boards and heatsinks are American produced.

LP stuff ain't cheap, not by a long shot, but it is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. You should try to find a dealer and check them out.

youtube.com/watch?v=OXor30_XZMY

Here is some nice meme music, the whole album is very good if you haven't already listened it it already.
youtube.com/watch?v=M1YgTXmTRAc&list

The Package by A Perfect Circle

saw them live on the 2nd, shit was mad hype man

This thread is cringe as fuck, you're all retarded.
Car audio people have to be some of the stupidest people in existence, it's embarrassing.

This is generally true. Car Audio is the only place in the known universe where the Laws of Physics are broken on a daily basis. Why there haven't been multiple Nobel Prizes in Physics from the Car Audio community boggles my mind.

Prime example is the guy up above who has a 1200 watt amp driven with 12 gauge wire. Ohm's Law says it can't be done, but goddamed if he ain't doing it. Just ask him.

You seem upset

Just frq sweeps

>wahh stop likeing what i don't like wahhh

Fuck off, cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=KY3SzX6maCc&list=PLA8E66CEB100418E8&index=4