/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare game you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon leaks. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
If you don't have a PSP game for Adrenaline access, your only option is to use a PS3 to download from PSN then transfer to the Vita. Demos cannot transfer, only full PSP games and PS minis will work.
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RdLaeP3L84M
3ds.mordor.space/3dsbrowserhax.php
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5eu9h2/how_to_successfully_use_browserhax_on_the_first/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it possibile to shrink XCX files to fit the game in a 16 gb sd? (for huehax)

What should i do with my n3ds? Hacked it

sell it and buy a vita

Steins;Gate? Hello?

nintendo shit the bed by banking on 3D displays instead of high resolution displays

Can you please for one thing stop making threads early, and for another please mention Legends of Exidia by name in the OP? While people still have a chance to get it.

why would I need a more powerful console to play no games?

where are non-shit places to find vita games?

enjoy having a mario + pokemon console, nintoddler

What is the chance of slowhax being just a boot-up from homebrew launcher? I won't have my 3DS for a week and forgot to get exidia when I had the chance.

Too bad the PS3 isn't a portable.

enjoy having a port-of-indie-PC-games + weebshit console, sonygger

Slowhax WILL work from the homebrew launcher. The problem is an ARM11 kernel exploit (in this case slowhax) isn't enough to downgrade as of 11.0, you NEED DSiWarehax to downgrade native_firm to an exploitable version.

Thanks. I will.

Enjoy your nogames.

just gotta believe man
youtube.com/watch?v=RdLaeP3L84M

I guess I'll just hope more hackable DSi games are found like the user in the last thread talked about

>his portable 'console' doesn't even have first person shooters, or literally the best way to play one of the best JRPG's ever made
>it can't even run SNES games well, never mind PSP
>Literally just full of mario and pokemon clones

Can someone link me to how to use cheats with 3ds games installed on the menu? I ave cfw and a gateway

Every guide, because they're old, keeps directing people to use the Yellow site for BrowserHax.
Which has been dead for about 3 months now.

Someone should add this into the pastebin/OP for those that still need the entry point thru BrowserHax.
3ds.mordor.space/3dsbrowserhax.php

Its a complete mirror and works entirely as it did many months ago.

>
>
>>his portable 'console' doesn't even have first person shooters, or literally the best way to play one of the best JRPG's ever made
>>it can't even run SNES games well, never mind PSP
>>Literally just full of mario and pokemon clones
It canrt run rsn essences games? Vca singwjectuon since months ago

>first person shooters on a console
>the best JRPGs are available with VC
>SNES games run perfectly with either VC or homebrew emulators
>literally more diverse games than the vita and its gazillion visual novers

You don't even read the OP or you would have seen the pastebin does have a Browserhax mirror.

>implying the 3DS isn't a weebshit console as well

Why do people post vita screensize pictures?
Because there is no games to display in there

no

No what?

>rsn essences games? Vca singwjectuon
this desu

It is kinda both, it can make weebs and non weebs happy somewhat equally.

FUCK IM GONNA DO IT
IM GONNA UPDATE MY VITA TO PLAY STEINS;GATE 0

TIME FOR REGRETS

I was trying to restore my sysNAND with Decrypt9, but I somehow can't boot it anymore.
I put all files on the microSD from my last backup and with my setup I could boot with a9lh into Decrypt9 by pressing X, but it somehow doesn't work anymore.
Any ideas?

So if we learned anything about the way console bans work, do I have anything to be concerned about in using a system transfer (to and back) to hack a 3DS I intend to sell?

don't do it user, someone will make a 3.60 eboot later.

you're going to regret it like me updating my 3.55 PS3 to 3.6x just to play catherine.

NOO user DON'T DO IT
JUST GET A PS-TV AND KEEP THE HAXXED VITA

Don't do it you fuck
It's literally possible to port the text
How many years did you wait for the first game retard? This is nothing in comparison 0 isn't even that good

I have a question for you lads
The Monster Hunter Generations red 3DS comes with 10.7 right?
is over 350$ for it getting mega-jewed?

BUT IM TOO POOR TO BUY A PSTV AND I DONT WANT TO NOT PAY FOR STEINS;GATE

It's either update my vita or return it for the PS4 version but I'd rather play it on Vita it's comfier

>$350 for a 3DS

Extremely

I guess I'll have to wait with getting a new one until I go back for a visit to yurop, any and all videogame equipment, games and accessories are all too expensive here.

Anyone recommend me some good PS3 rpg's to play on my cobra PS3?

Where is good place to get a hackable 3ds? EBay is full of Jews and Gamestop refurbish their consoles and update to latest firmware.

stores. Just search for serial number and should be golden. If you can find something like the monhun Generations bundle etc, even more surefire

Tales of Vesperia, Xillia 1/2, other games in the series
Eternal Sonata
Demons Souls
Ni No Kuni
Nier
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
Persona V in 2017

a comfy game now isn't worth losing hundreds of comfy games in the future
don't throw away CFW, just buy the PS4 version
also, how the fuck can you afford a PS4 and not a vita TV?

>Persona V in 2017
just play the nip version right now, you can watch videos if you get stuck

I got the PS4 when I had an actual fulltime job

Currently working part time so money is shit

The PSTV is cheaper than Steins;Gate 0.

Depending on where you are i can send you one. Ive sold consoles nationally and have been in thw business for over a year

There are people literally giving away their PS TV

don't do this, you would have to be literally retarded to ruin the game like this

how does it ruin the game?

shit, where?

>IM TOO POOR TO BUY A PSTV

I am an amerifat. Willing to buy one for a reasonable price.

persona is a story driven series, if you don't know what the fuck is going on, what's the point?
playing persona 4 golden right now to tide myself over till release

They are like £40 in the UK

>if you don't know what the fuck is going on, what's the point?
the gameplay???

how the hell do i whitelist talkman travel tokyo?
i got it to work once for like a day, then never again

Persona is 70 percent dialog, 20 percent gameplay and 10 percent animated cutscenes. They even managed to turn a fighting game into a visual novel

again, story driven series. The experience would be greatly diminished, and the gameplay is essentially the same as persona 3+4 just with a slightly different menu. If you really want a taste of Persona 5 gameplay, launch ppsspp and play p3p

I'm trying to run basehaxx but every time I go to change the team's name the game just crashes and goes "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart." Did I do something wrong? Please help.

Ill sell you one with a 64sd card for 300 usd (incl shipping)

>300 usd
lmao

That had already been accomplished by BlazBlue.

Show me a picture of your firmware and being able to go onto eshop/miiverse. Needs a time stamp as well.

daisuki~

Well im not American so whatever, if i was id sell you one for something like 200

>dl pokesun from freeshop
>220 minutes remaining
fucking nintendo

A Jew gotta jew.

1 of 2 (proof of hacks)

ez ban

I love you too, Akari!

no i wasnt retarded enough to go online with the moon leak
i just want sun so i can start over and choose the baracat

F

2 of 2, proof of unban, never accepted the uela on this device so its impossible for it to be banned

new to this shit and i just hacked my o3ds
can i copy paste the files onto a bigger sd card? will that fuck up anything?

Edit: I installed the newest Decrypt9 right now and I see there has been an option added to keep a9lh. Does this mean a sysNAND restore deletes a9lh? I restored the sysNAND I had from the last time I installed a9lh, so I thought it is included in the NAND backup.

>own a black n3ds xl
>have the urge to buy another 3ds

wtf

Is it worth playing tales of vesperia again if I've beaten the 360 version?

>own a OLED vita
>have the urge to stick it up my ass

wtf

The PlayStation 3 version of the game features full voice acting which is almost double the size of the script in the original 360 version. The game also features various new characters such as Flynn as a fully customizable, permanent playable character as well as Patty Fleur, a young girl with blond hair, who is an entirely new playable character. The game also features several unplayable characters from Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike which the game ties-in with.

In addition, Repede, Flynn, and Patty are selectable as on-screen avatars with new mini-games such as a racing mini-game for Repede. New subplots, skits and main game quests as well as side quests have been added. The game also has new songs added to the game's soundtrack together with remodeled towns and new towns and dungeons. The game also includes new bosses such as the Sword Dancer from previous Tales games, Don Whitehorse and Clint/Tison/Nan, players are also able to replay boss fights at Nam Cobanda Isle.

In addition there are also new gameplay elements such as higher Overlimit Levels up to 8, more Mystic Artes for everyone, new Artes, skills and equipments for all characters. A new key item has also been added called the "Artes Ball" which allows an additional 8 Artes Shorcuts to be assigned to the previous 8 slots combined with the L1 button, which allows for a maximum of 16 Artes. The game also features a wide variety of new character costumes which include cameo costumes based on characters from previous Tales games, as well as costumes based on characters from other series, such as Xenosaga and Sgt. Frog. Also included is a scene-skip feature, a Team Arena in the Coliseum which also has new battles and modes. More Grade Shop features have been added for New Game +. If you watched the Vesperia First Strike anime OVA, some of the elements from the OVA will tie into the PS3 version of the game.

Yes it's worth it to play it again.

jesus. that's so firm. 8/10

>hacked wiiu
>hacked vwii
>hacked n3ds
>so many games to play
>dont want to play anything

wtf

how long do 3ds hardware last?

dead next year

meemsa

Will Nintendo be dropping support for the 3DS soon? Should I still buy the 3DS then?

eyy faggots s;g 0 TL patch for the PC version is now in the works so calm the fuck down. I think there's another group attempting to mod the jp release as well so just wait.

These. Also,
Resonance of Fate
Disgaea 4
Disgaea D2
3D Dot Game Heroes
Drakengard 3
Ar Tonelico Qoga
Ar Nosurge
Trinity Universe
The Guided Fate Paradox
The Awakened Fate Ultimatum

I'm having so much fun on my n3DS cycling it on and off along with the wfc every 5 seconds trying to get this to work. :))))))))

where'd you read this?

Switch is suppose to replace the Wii U and 3DS next year

you know you can just enter and exit the settings and that achieves the same thing as power cycling it, right?

No I didn't because I was following plailects guide and this is so annoying but it'll be worth it when it FINALLY works.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I finished installing A9LH/Luma on my O3DSXL, and I installed my Gateway emunand as sysnand. I also kept my emunand partition on my SD card instead of removing it, because I still like the idea of using both CFW and Gateway, and I followed the guide for being able to use Gateway on A9LH with Luma installed.

Thanks guys. /hbg/ has been good to me and plenty of others.

I also (almost a week ago) installed sysnand CFW on my Wii U and have Haxchi and region free. The Wii U scene is progressing at a rapid pace! I haven't even tried pirating anything yet because I've already bought most of the Wii U's worthwhile games anyway.

Still need to hack my Vita though. I still haven't bought a memory card yet. Where's the most reliable place I can find a cheap 64GB? Amazon has them for like $100, but I'd prefer to pay less if possible. But I don't want to get scammed either.

If you can mess with your router, you can do this
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5eu9h2/how_to_successfully_use_browserhax_on_the_first/

>guy who made his localfriendseedcode public is butthurt because his code is being used by people to get unbanned

Is there even any proof this shit works?
Been at this for like a fucking hour.