Why haven't they made a supercar/halo car yet?

Why haven't they made a supercar/halo car yet?

>22b

No

Other urls found in this thread:

boronextrication.com/2009/11/04/subaru-uhss-and-boron/
youtube.com/watch?v=H5Gu8RhXzsk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they're a dying company incapable of innovating

>dying company
>sales increasing every month here in the US

why should they

they made the BRZ you flop

Subaru has nothing to prove anymore. People eat up STIs and WRXs

>STI has gained maybe 50HP in 20 years
>weight gain means the power:weight has barely budged

It's laughable

I figured the eternal STi was their halo car. Not every halo car has to have 2 doors and 500 horses

HALO cars are a money sink.

Because it's just a branch of Toyota which made several Supracars

What would subaru even make? I feel like in this day and age, they would just make a reliable 3kgt vr4 but with a fat nose for safety

new SVX when

on that note the SVX was about as close as they came to a halo, was intended to compete with the 300zx, RX7, Supra etc.

>tfw no flat-8 awd subbie

>dying company
My Subaru averages half a million car sales a year. They have won 10 awards with how many cars they sell.

Eh. stable

That's not what subaru is about.

Subaru strong
boronextrication.com/2009/11/04/subaru-uhss-and-boron/
it would be a pointy forester
flat 8 has some balance problems

It's almost impossible to drive a supercar and be able to vape at the same time.

There would be hundreds of thousands of car accidents. Especially considering the type of hipsters that drive STI's as it is

They did! Well, kind off.

>Subaru vape meme
Get some new material, cold fish.

I'd really like to see someone build a flat 6 that can drive around on 40lbs of boost all day. Sure the block and heads would have to weigh well into v8 territory but the fact that a flat 6 is inherently balanced means a high redline which combined with stupid amounts of boost would probably make for a superior power to weight ratio when compared to an equivalent v8

Ruf Flat-6s run 800hp all day, everyday. They're insanely reliable.
That not enough?

boosted v8s can run well into 1000+hp.

If you overbuild the flat 6 a bit more I'd bet those sort of numbers are achievable.

youtube.com/watch?v=H5Gu8RhXzsk

Thousand hp Porsches aren't anything new. But they're usually unreliable, because those tuners just want the numbers, so they slap on big turbos and that's it.
Can't imagine 1000hp V8s being MUCH more reliable. They can be, but usually aren't.

Tfw there are Ford Focuses capable of spanking Subaru's godmachine. It needs at least 25 more horses

What stock focus beats out a stock WRX/STi?
It isn't the new RS, that thing is a screaming pile of shit.

>was intended to compete with the 300zx, RX7, Supra etc.

no fucking way the SVX was a lazy pigfat auto cruiser

the WRX STI was the performer