Wheel cleaner

what does Veeky Forums use as a wheel cleaner? i dont want to spend 5$ on wheel cleaner anymore. can i just use soapy water? i usually use the car wash soap left over when i'm done washing the car but it doesnt do that good of a job. any advice?

i'm also thinking about removing the wheel from the car and deep cleaning the back of the rim. the wheel weights wont come off if i start cleaning back there right? i'll be careful around them but i dont want them to peel off somehow

Other urls found in this thread:

pksafety.com/3m-7500-half-face-respirator.html
pksafety.com/parfil.html
m.advanceautoparts.com/p/blue-magic-products-metal-polish-cream-7-oz.-400-06/7040003-p?iv_=__iv_p_1_a_214327102_g_12425515822_w_pla-191562197542_h_9028057_ii__d_m_v__n_g_x_pla_y_6201684_f_online_o_7040003-P_z_US_i_en_j_191562197542_s__vi__&utm_source=ACQ&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_content=shoppingcampaigns&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhvbABRDOp4rahNjh-tMBEiQA0QgTGm1GMp-OWBPubT9KlTqLGl-WGG1gdJbakYwjM6rDA84aAjyP8P8HAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Paint stripper works a treat on wheels, so long as they aren't painted from factory - especially for removing brake dust.

As someone who constantly has to clean his wheels. I think the best bet is to take em off, hose em down, hit em with degreaser/acid, hose down, and dry.

Meguair's Hot Rimz

Youre' well-cum

You clean like fucking garbage and you should feel bad.
Touchless cleaning is only for maintenance cleaning. It's not a cleaning solution.
You will need wheel cleaner and a brush to properly clean wheels.
OP wants to clean the inside of his wheels for the first time, not hose some dust off of them.

These look fucking terrible.

Even a quick rattlecan paintjob would look better than that flaky shit.

You don't need to clean them, they look fucked anyways.

watch out tho
brake dust can be nasty
pksafety.com/3m-7500-half-face-respirator.html
pksafety.com/parfil.html

Hydrochloric acid works pretty well
used it for 3 years while being a car washer at ford. burns brake dust under your skin after like a minutre or two of contact so wear gloves

>all these acid dudes ITT

wouldn't that shit be a problem for the rubber?
I guess at least it would make shit age a lot faster if you don't take off the tires first.

not unless you take a couple hours per wheel and scrub the acid into the tire.
it does good work of getting tire sealant off tho
im supprised you didn't bring up the lovely reaction hydrocloric has with aluminium

Wonder wheels: Hot wheels.
Got about 90% of the dirt off first time. Kept using it erry wash and the barrels cleaned up nicely too.

I go trough front brake pads in less than three months.

While I'm washing the rest of the car,
I just let the wheels soak in regular water and dish soap, then hit them with a pressure washer when its time to rinse the car.

how should I clean clean painted wheels?

Why dont you fags just use a mitt and whatevers in the bucket when you are done with your cars body? Are your brake pads that shitty?

>as someone who clearly doesn't know how to clean wheels

>can i just use soapy water? i usually use the car wash soap left over when i'm done washing the car but it doesnt do that good of a job.
Scrub harder you limp-wristed sissy.

>using dirty water to clean dirty rims

kek

Use to use Eagle 1 cause it had all the acid to brake up the dust

I use chemical guys signiture series wheel cleaner. You're supposed to dillute it, I do so at the lowest ratio on the bottle. Best value imo, like 12 dollarydoos on amazon, which might seem pricy, but you get a lot out of it; given you dillute and don't use the full bottle like a retard

also, forgot to mention you're supposed to wash your wheels first OP, before the paint. If you do wheels last you can get overspray.

>chemical guys

i like them. i plan to buy a orbital rotary buffer from them soon, waiting for the black friday sales to hit. my two (2) favorite chemical guys are that latino guy with the brown skin and slick back hair and some other latino guy who is fat, light skinned and has a beard

I just grab a microfiber soaked in soapy water after I wash my car, wipe the wheels down with the cloth and rinse it off, works fine.

Man step it up. Hydrofloric is where its at.

Yeah, I enjoy their stuff. I've also got one of their foam cannons that attach to your pressure washer, works p. well. It foams just fine using a little soap, but you have to use a shit-ton to get it to froth like in their videos, at that point its a waste.

I just bought a focus st with 31k miles on it and inside of wheels never looked cleaned. Read about this blue magic metal polish and rubbed my aluminum wheels with microfiber while off the car and shit was like butter, been a week and the inside of wheel stiil looks great and it rained the other day
m.advanceautoparts.com/p/blue-magic-products-metal-polish-cream-7-oz.-400-06/7040003-p?iv_=__iv_p_1_a_214327102_g_12425515822_w_pla-191562197542_h_9028057_ii__d_m_v__n_g_x_pla_y_6201684_f_online_o_7040003-P_z_US_i_en_j_191562197542_s__vi__&utm_source=ACQ&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_content=shoppingcampaigns&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhvbABRDOp4rahNjh-tMBEiQA0QgTGm1GMp-OWBPubT9KlTqLGl-WGG1gdJbakYwjM6rDA84aAjyP8P8HAQ

pretty much what i do as well, have a dedicated microfiber cloth just for wheels.

U sure the metal aint just wet in certain places boiz