Should i buy one?

should i buy one?

also dont show me ones without speedster humps

Any year before they put turbos in

i was looking at a 2003-04 S with a 6 speed, they have the fastest factory 0-60 and most displacement. not as nice looking as the newer ones but it isnt that much slower considering the price difference, and at the end of the day ill still be a douchebag porsche owner in the worlds eyes regardless of how much money i actually spend

Are you buying it because fun or because "it's a Porsche"

I think he just want to show of with this trash.

Just buy a Miata and slap a turbo in it and add some sticky tires.

What's wrong with liking Porsche?

Nothing unless OP is badgewhoring

>buying an used pleb porsche
>entry level model in the line up
>the model which lowered the brand's image like the Cayenne, Panamera, Macan and Pajun did/will do

Are you questioning if op is a badgewhore? What do you think?

Buying an expensive Volkswagen.

> Car is 70% 911
>Somehow that's a bad thing

The remaining 30% are the problem.

you mean the engine being in the right place is a bad thing?

I thought it was a Sky

>implying the Cayman isn't better than the 911 if Porsche stopped purposefully hobbling it

>if Porsche stopped purposefully hobbling it
If my grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike.

Considering she gave birth to one of your parents, it seems like she didn't even need wheels to be the town bicycle.

#REKT

I mean not OP but there are what, two porsches in existence that I wouldn't drive? Hell, only the SUV.
Not just because it's a Porsche but because I genuinely like them.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Cayman is worse than the 911.

They're well made mid engine roadsters that are fun to drive, what's not to like?

Cayman GT4 begs to differ

991 GT3 RS begs to differ

>$80k car VS. $180k car

you fuking retard

>costing more makes it worse

Too heavy.

I'm saying that it doesn't compare, they're not in the same price bracket

wheelbase too short

>implying there's such a thing
>wanting slower turn-in and response
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

That's not how it works

Exactly, the 911 is so much better, the Cayman doesn't even compare.

You better not buy one with the humps put in aftermarket. That just screams poor nignog.

Post yours

Literally the only thing long wheelbase is good for is highway comfort.

I don't even own a car, all I have is a buspass. The 911 is still better though. :^)

More stable at high speed tracks
>muh toe-gay

>not having a car and a bus pass

From what I understand, the new cayman is very close to the new 911s, and is even better in some ways. Better weight distribution and lighter/not so pigfat.

I would pick a specced out cayman over a base 911 any day.

>I'm gonna ignore the irrefutable facts you're reffering to based on you not owning either of the cars in question, completely disregarding that I don't own either of them aswell

>specced out cayman
>base 911

>still cheaper

The thing is, we're not talking about the price, we're talking about which is the better car. If you don't even want to compare them, it should be clear how much better the 911 is.

A GT4 is cheaper than a base 911

>>I'm gonna ignore the irrefutable facts you're reffering to based on you not owning either of the cars in question, completely disregarding that I don't own either of them aswell
Someone's mad

I refuse to believe that anyone can be this brain damaged

Even if I ware, my point still stands.
Speaks volumes about yourself if someone brain damaged can see things more clearly than yourself.

Its not that much better though, the cayman is more performance oriented and the 911s are more DD focused/status symbols. I like driving dynamics over some extra power.

It really comes down to what you want to use it for. The Cayman is a legit sports car, the 911 makes some concessions for usability.

Some memespecs for you. Definitely not a large enough gap to say one is far better than the other.

more memetimes

I don't really care about specs and laptimes someone measured. It's obvious that the 911 is better than the Cayman because Porsche designed it to be. Just look at your picture, the Cayman is lighter, has more power and better suspension, yet it's barely faster than the 911. If Porsche let it off the chain, it'd destroy the base 911. But no matter how you look at it, ultimately the Cayman is a gimped Porsche. It's absolutely sad that a godtier manufacturer like Porsche gimps one of their models for any reason, but they do. The only reason to get a Cayman is if you can't or don't want to afford a 911. The Cayman exists for the sole purpose of milking additional money from a lower price segment.

>I have never driver a car: The Post

No it doesn't you autismo.

The fuck? Using your assfucked logic, every car sucks because the P1/918/LaFerrari exists, or some other super good and expensive car.

I can see it now:

"Hey user I need an econobox what do you think about the Mazda 3? It has a pretty good interior and ride, and it drives better than it's competition"

>Get a 911 you fucking idiot it's better than the mazda 3

Christ. No wonder you have a bus pass. No person this stupid can possibly have any set of employable skills to hold a job able to afford a car.

nice strawman holy shit

>get called out
>WAAH STRAWMAN

>more stable
Hold the wheel straight.

Quote where I said or implied any car sucks.

>implying turns don't exist

Here i'll reword it.

"Hey user I got around 80k and I'm looking for a really good sports car that's decent in a straight line too and was looking at the Cayman. What do you think?"

>Get a 911 you idiot it's better than the Cayman

Yup, still looks like you got autism desu senpai

None of this was ever said or implied in this thread. Stop making up fictional scenarios where you would be right.

It does not make any business sense to let the cayman destroy the 911. It would only harm the brand. The 911 is marketed as a useable DD that is an excellent sports car. The cayman is more just a sports car. So if you want to DD it, sure the 911 may be better. But for me and everyone else on this board, performance and driving feel trump some back seats and prestige.

So if you are some 9-5 cuck who never seens a mountain road, the 911 is better. If you want a pure drivers car, the cayman is better. Plus you get to save some money.

>It does not make any business sense to let the cayman destroy the 911.
My point exactly. Porsche will never allow the Cayman to be better than the 911.

Note I used the word destroy. The cayman has marginally better performance at a lower pricepoint, which makes it a better car for many people.

From "Nice Strawman" to "I never said that"

wew lad

You don't know what a strawman is, do you?

This.

The "Spyder" humps on the 986 OP posted looks like the type of thing a Mexican would slap on with double sided tape.

Kinda like fake hood scoops and those vents poor people slap on old Escalades to make them look "newer".

>mfw I look up what a Pajun is
every time Porsche releases a new model line I just get angrier

What's wrong with Porsche? Why would they put the MR car below the FR in their lineup?

Shouldn't the 911 be MR instead

It's their legacy and also the thing that makes them special snowflakes

It kind of sucks really, that they instead gimped the better platform.

With all the bullshit (cayenne, paneramara) they're releasing anyway they could make a "Cayman 911" or some shit

I'd still drive a Cayman though

Well I mean I don't mind it. RR is a more flawed platform but it makes things interesting and unique. Also it's impressive how they can keep the 911 so competitive with midships like ferarris or lambos. And I mean their supercar, the 918 is mid engined so there's that.

I think the 911 is at this point more of a status symbol. But nowhere near the level that a Ferrari is since to most people it looks like a regular Porsche

COME BACK OF THE YEAR

MY NIGGGA