I'm really into hot rods & classic cars

>I'm really into hot rods & classic cars..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nailed it

Big fan of Café Racers too

Looks more like a vw fan boi

Why the hell does Veeky Forums hate classics again
Is it the father issues thing

I literally don't understand why people like old cars. They're objectively shit in every way compared to more modern cars, especially in the styling department. It's like they let retards design every car until the 70s.

Fuckin this.

Naw i see those more as vapefags. This is dumbass neo-greaser shit. Just need to be sleeved up with some bullshit ed hardy flash work tattoos
>the sparrows i got cause they symbolize freedom
Shit that makes you want to headbutt them in their black thick rimed corey feldman sunglasses.

>especially in the styling departament
E30 best looking Bmw
???

OP here. Never post on this board but went to a car show earlier today and this all i saw. Dudes with undercuts, neckbeards, tap out shirts & vapes. Didn't know if Veeky Forums had memes about these kind of guys.

I literally don't understand why people like manuals. They're objectively shit in every way compared to more modern automatics, especially in the performance department. It's like they let retards buy manuals until current year.

its a boring box

E30 is the single most overrated car in existence

>HURR I LIKE BIG FAT A PILLARS FUCK VISIBILITY AMIRITE
>DURR GIVE ME MORE LE SAFETY FEATURES
>I ENJOY PIGFAT AUTOMOBILES

people enjoy old cars because they weren't filled with useless bullshit that didn't improve driving experience.

if a car was heavy as fuck, it probably had a fuckhuge engine and a strong chassis, but today every car is pigfat with a puny engine and 3 tons of fucking safety equipment because the typical consumer is not competent enough to drive safely.

That's not true, also, that's a second series e30 pictured, and also also, the e30 is relatively modern, barely even old enough to be "classic"
Look at an 02 series and tell me it looks good.

luld at that fake //m

old BMW

A modern sports car will trash any classic sports car in its class, and look good doing it. In fact, modern cars can probably walk classic cars a class above them, that's how much better they are nowadays.

lmao

todays V6 Camrys are faster than most muscle cars

new BMW

>black on black in low lighting so you can't see how bulbous it is and that none of the lines make any sense
Promise you're not brave enough to dare posting the front end of that fish looking motherfucker, either.

so bold and progressive

wow so majestic classic cars are beautiful
>V8
>0-60 in 11 seconds

>especially in the styling department
That's the one area where they are subjectively better.

and just think of how fucking quick modern sports cars would be if it weren't for useless safety and bullshit technology weighing them down

if you took that much weight out of a new mustang gt or camaro ss, it would become a fucking rocket ship

They just don't make 'em like they used to, eh?

meanwhile my old 100hp shitbox automatic 1.6l does 0-60 in 11 seconds too

just wow

Because they are shit.
The only classics worth any money today or worth owning at all is old school mopar

Chargers
Challengers
Superbirds
Darts
Dusters
Hemi cudas

Chevy and Ford from those years literally can't compete.

Your shitty 4 cylinder automatic economuter has the same performance as a classic, top of the line V8 powered sports roadster?
Classic cars are a joke.

E46 m3 engine swap
??
>done

yup

lmao you can still get Darts and Dusters for pennies

if it isnt a Hemi 440 Six Pack or some rare trim no one cares

that doesnt stop it from being one of the most overrated cars of all time

it still looks a shit too

S65 swap would make me forget how it looks tho

500$ and an afternoon amiright?

So is this the latest forced meme?

I don't even know how i would answer to such a dumb statement in the real world. Sure, modern cars may look fresher, but they look so much more boring. It's like the only people who can still somewhat design properly are Mazda, and even then i'm scared to shit they'll ruin the upcoming RX.

Also i dislike modern interiors being absolutely filled to the brim with useless buttons for everything from the seat warmer to the ecoboost, also the fuckhueg screen from the entertainment system, that probably doesn't even have a separate can-bus and therefore is a security issue, because some nerd could quite literally hack your car and kill you.

>I'm really into hot rods and classic cars

I guess the shitposters needed something new.

>no lowballers, i know what i got

except fords sohc engine from that era fucking dumps shit all over the mopar and chevy engines

Those are too new to be classics.

>DOOD CLASSICS SUCK NEW CARS ARE FASTER
Yes let's compare an F91W to a 50's Rolex and say the Casio is better because of the features.

Veeky Forums is a bunch of wannabe fucking Nascar drivers. Only children mindlessly worship numbers and performance, which is why 12 years olds are the only ones still watching F1 and paying attention to trashy statwhore supercars.

Serious question. Who is going to taje care of the Delages, Delahayes, Auburns, pre-war Cadillacs and pre-war Bugattis of the world.

I don't see any millennials taking up the flag outside of a few Silicon Valley millionaires/billionaires.

Do millennials even know these exist? Or is this the next of many aspects of car culture ready to die?

Nobody on Veeky Forums. They'd melt them down to make turbo housings.

Car hobbyists will be the "train enthusiasts" of the world in 2020.

All aspects will die, not just pre-war car culture.

All carfags will look as absurd as: youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

Those will be cared for simply because expensive classics are investments or museum pieces nowadays. What worries me is the average guy's classic that you can actually find at meets.

>mfw I have dual car/train autism
delet this

Probably never owned a car, neither a license.

Both of you could not be more objectively wrong.

>you like muscle cars?
>yea i like muscle cars
>i bet you do

What did he mean by this?

EH?

>bashing classic cars for their styling

Obvious bait
Are you even trying?

Trains are GOAT too

>trashy statwhore supercars

>this obvious poorfag actually thinks modern supercars are trashy

I get not liking modern cars, but this is just ridiculous.

E30s are great but why did you post that ugly piece of shit

The thing with old cars is they were almost 100% original styling up until early 70's, and not just for an expensive car, but for you average family mobile. Now yes there are unique cars today, but most of them are high end and when it comes to an average family car today, they all look relatively to same. Now look at pic related, its a modern 2013-2016 truck with the hood and bed of a mid to late 50's, Is that not totally out of place, original or unique? It greatly shows how different and more elegant the middle class car was back then. And yeah that truck looks like shit but it was a great way to show the concept.

Also look how fucking elegant this shit is.

Have beard, can confirm.

I prefer retard than trying to build a car that looks slightly different than everything else conforming to the same standards

you dont say....you cant mean...Technology progresses ?

lol wat is quench

>I don't see any millennials taking up the flag outside of a few Silicon Valley millionaires/billionaires.

They're the only ones who would have the resources to purchase and maintain any of the pre-war "super cars".

There is no aftermarket, everyone who would have serviced them is either dead or senile and they were never made in big numbers. If you liken them to something modern it's like a Murcielago or Veyron- they were rich peoples toys in their era and remain that way.

>4 years away
>somehow complete transition to pure autonomous vehicles or some shit

u wot m8

the craft lives on. Internal combustion engines principals remain the same. and many are learning the actual skills of the trade. Welding, body craft, true engine building. As opposed to assembling and tuning for boost on e85

kys

kek, this.

blew the fuck out of an older corvette stingray with my n/a four cylinder.

boomers, carbed engines, and pre '90s turdmobiles need to die

>not liking classic cars
user, it's okay to like normal cars that are recent or current. But if you ever want a fun car, unless you're making over a hundred grand a year, you're gonna be driving a classic. Or one of them GT-86es or the equivalents.

And honestly, you don't need to get caught up in the consumerist trap of only buying new things. It's all just a ploy to get you to spend money on shit you don't actually care about, to impress people you don't like.

And most of the companies you're buying from are producing shitty cars in third world countries. On the political level, you're supporting their actions which have taken jobs from thousands of people in not shitty countries. Just so they can pad their profit margin.

I'll be glad when the self driving car kills these companies. Even if it kills automotive hobbyism.

Kek, you need to die faggot

You're a lying sack of shit he probably couldn't hear your shitbox knocking over the sound of his dual exhaust

I'd venture to guess my shitty carbed 350 truck would outrun your sorry ass.

Apart from having very flat proportions it's not all that aesthetic. If it were shorter and narrower like a European classic it would look utterly ridiculous.

>I'm really into vintage bicycles and eco friendly cars