/ovg/ - 49 days till MikeyMas Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Our Mumble server is incredibly active and features over 30 regular visitors, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478373267155.webm
youtu.be/azkVJM6G7hw
forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-old-are-you.49033/page-6
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1Gfk7vKLg
forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-october-development-update.1664/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=FUqe19rF_EY
mediafire.com/file/wxkdo432n6s69nm/usui_32p.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ENDURACERS SAVED rF2!!!!!

GUYS ENDURACERS ITS OUT AND ITS THE FUCKING MOD OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!

Ah, yes, BAM Racing

enduracers in rf2? sign me up.

replying to previous thread

whatever i can borrow from my dad/grandpa/sister/uncle/whoever

hah
have a (You) m8

btw. is picrel still making qt webms?

We are going to build a big, long and beautiful race track and Canada is going to pay for it.
We're going to Make Racing Vidya Great Again.

sj please come back we love you and miss you.
we are sorry you were right all along we should have listened ;_;

>He drives auto

he forgot to turnleft at the bottom of fuchsröhre, fucking pleb.

>implying you know anything about driving in dry conditions

Why you gotta post my Focus again?

still here? good! now post webms

First off, I'm not Picrel, second that isn't Pircels car. And third, I make shitty webms.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478373267155.webm

at least it's blue

Off to a good start.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478373693807.webm

this video was alredy posted before
got anything new?

Let me look through my recordings.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478374599126.webm

I'll make a few of these kinds I guess.

protip: gripping through corners in a compact sports car is more fun to watch than some OP wagons struggling to go straight

>struggling to go straight
Cute. Well I'll continue to win races with it going in a straight line and not hitting anyone in the corners. while you sit back with your gripping corner car with no power.

i know you mess around with less grippy setups because of the performance rating system, but what i meant to point out is when you go too far it becomes extremely painful to watch

And that's why you need to know how to properly tune your vehicle. You can have a shit handling rating and have a very grip worthy car.

Plebs don't tune their own setups, and every one of my cars has a unique setup that I build for each one.

good for you
i just wanna see nice webms

But I told you I only make shitty webms. I even stated it.

the old one with focus time attack was nice
don't be so hard on yourself, you're gitting gud

>and every one of my cars has a unique setup that I build for each one.
as opposed to?

>S2 Street race
Why does this exist?

which nfs games are like underground 1 and 2 the most?
i only ever played shift,most wanted and underground
most wanted was alright but could have been better

>he doesn't put the same suspension settings on every car

>mr gallardo balboni getiing same setup as m5

no.

none. carbon is the closest. anything pats carbon and most wanted belongs in the trash

>>mr gallardo balboni getiing same setup as m5
>
>no.

"you don't know it is dumb until you try" - WAT Tuning Lab motto

>you don't know it is dumb until you try

"thats retarded for many reasons" - WAT engineering department :^

hi james

Majority of players just do upgrades. A few players do setups and transfer them from car to car. Not many people bother making a unique setup for each vehicle they have.

Also video uploading of the Wagoneer.

>A few players do setups and transfer them from car to car
m8. i seriously dont get this. how does one do that. can you put a tune on a car its not meant for or do you mean something else.

i can see people using the same principles based on the platform and then tweaking it to fit

thats a comfy pic desu

Exactly, it's an arcade game so even people knowing how to setup a car may not bother. And then, there's all the people that can't even setup a car.

They write down the setup they have for one car. suspension height, rebound stiffness, camber, toe and so forth. Then just pluck those numbers into another car. They don't fucking know if it's better or not, they just do it. I remember this being a huge thing in back in Forza 1 and 2. You would download a setup and it was just a clone from another car. And was usually shit on that car.

Also video is up.

youtu.be/azkVJM6G7hw

>They write down the setup they have for one car. suspension height, rebound stiffness, camber, toe and so forth. Then just pluck those numbers into another car. They don't fucking know if it's better or not, they just do it.

dear lord. thats worse than leaving it stock

Maybe they found some sort of exploit setup that works across all cars.

not possible desu

lol yes it is

Exploit setups have always been possible, they are just way harder to do now.

I know I abused the shit out of some stuff back on Toca 2. Mostly the Monster Trucks and Baja Buggies.

Welcome back our true leader

unprecedented numbers, SJ really gets people excited to participate in our community. Truly a great leader

forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-old-are-you.49033/page-6

>old fuckers
>xD

Christ boomers are bad.

are you still there

I made a video instead. I'll make webms when I wake up. I'm tired.

>you will never be a german simdad

good night

And that's not all to that either. When I am elected president of the /ovg/ Shadow Government, I plan to open up a new racing series. I plan to fix the problems that other series organizers have failed in the past to fix. We're going to Make Racing Vidya Great Again and all you need to do is go out and vote this Tuesday.

You've got my vote President-elect Juct

Adventures in rFactor 2 Modding episode 397

Say hello to the new boss, same as old boss

what the HECK is going on with that track???

inb4 Kita is all excited to see the successful importing to rF2 of road textures from Whiplash

nope. the antiroll settings alone will fuck you if you change layouts and front diff settings wont even exist if you dont start with an awd

>stuff back on Toca 2
not forza

I thought you guys said is was simcadey and bad phyics

that was just URD shills

exploits in the tuning were definitely in existence in forza 1-4

proof, I want to try them

let me guess the same guys who told you to "show proof of purchase" for the urd mod

give me a break user. seriously use your damn brain for once.

>buying/paying for mods
I actually joined a racing league that was running the super v8s in AMS
but before I could participate I would have to go through training which would require me to buy the urd mod...fucking no

Realroad up and running, looking mint

Gonna set up walls, sectors and a basic AIW for more in depth testing now

t. 2011

Alright so just so everyone is aware, McCann Racing and M1GT Racing are the best teams in PWC.

What makes you say that my fellow seaman?

Is that a benis

N------------------------N------------------------N
------O------------------O------------------O------
-----------D-------------D--------------D-----------
----------------N--------N---------N----------------
---------------------O---O---O---------------------
N---O---D---N---O---L---O---N---D---O---N
---------------------O---O---O---------------------
----------------N--------N---------N----------------
-----------D-------------D--------------D-----------
------O------------------O------------------O------
N------------------------N------------------------N

Basic specular settings are up. Proper latitude/longitude/altitude are set up too so it will more or less shine like this at this particular time of day

Things are starting to get interesting

nice

I don't remember them, but I remember that NFS always had all sorts of exploit setups and that FM5 and 6 had a lot of PI related exploits (the same kind that our vagoneer friend does).

Video courtesy of james which is the first fucking result for glitch NFS PS tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1Gfk7vKLg

Also see Codemasters F1 games. For a while the optimal setup was basically every slider on one extreme, and that setup worked for all the cars.

>tfw no SNP votin, haggis eating, tartan wearing lass to grope you in virtual reality while you're edging so hard the top of your dick looks like an Irn Bru cap

>tfw no kira

forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-october-development-update.1664/

BUY AUTOMOBILISTA™ NOW

T O R Q U E
O
R
Q
U
E

ONLY ON AUTOMOBILISTA™

is formula truck included in automobilista now? I have always loved those trucks, but the fact that it was standalone made it inactive.

YES

SOON

for a small fee

halp for my summer car pls

finally managed to finish my car without dying, car is starting well with nice idling, but doesn't move when I shift
I checked but it doesn't seem to miss a bolt somewhere, any clue?

Did you screw in the pedals?
Is your clutch fluid leaking out?

Yes I screw pedal, I do will check fluid for leaking out. Last time I see no leak of fluid can be sight.

You can't see the fluid leaking, just see if it can be topped up then check all the brake/clutch lines

thanks for pretending to be me
Pedals are screwed, also I noticed I could only 2 master cylinders for some reason, I filled up the brake and clutch one, don't think I have a leak as they go full easily...

Try changing gears and pressing the brakes a bunch, then see if you can fill them again

something happened, I could drive out the garage, I went for a quick drive around the house and gears were shifting good but something broke and now it won't shift again

fuuug

What is the most realistic racing game on PC that can be played on an XB1 controller? My wheel/pedals are a bit unaccessible right now

Anything

Check the fluid it's probably empty again

Maybe not everything is as tight as it should

I'd like to buy a wheel/pedals/shifter, but I can't justify spending a big amount in one shot. What would you recommend buying if I wanted to save some money, or add pieces as I go?

Take a look at the OP, lad

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

How can I get better at DiRT?

youtube.com/watch?v=FUqe19rF_EY

150 hours in and I still suck

who /tougebattle/ here?

Damn, I'm dumb. I tought the T500 had hall sensors in the pedals. It does not, there are two crappy pots that fuck up a lot with time.

Three pots obv.

brake before jumps (especially jumps before corners) so you don't go airborne
you can't turn or brake when your wheels don't have contact with ground

All the time
mediafire.com/file/wxkdo432n6s69nm/usui_32p.7z

>the ovgtouge days will never come back

I swear, ovg is too conceited for illegal street racing