>Emissions testing only
>Quick and easy, no appointment needed
>Inspection is free at designated stations

PA State Inspection:
>Every year, emissions and safety
>Must be done by a private mechanic
>Pay for testing, retesting if not passed
>Incentive for shops to charge for unnecessary repairs

Why is this allowed? It's a huge time sink to get three cars inspected every year, and each time I need to tell the mechanic why I don't need a $370 "fuel system cleaning".

BC Inspection: Nothing. Not even smog. Only one time for imported vehicles.

I feel bad for you.

SC inspection: does not exist. At all. For anything. It doesn't matter.

I used to live in NJ and it wasn't a big deal to go every 2 years. Pick any day at a whim and drive to the inspection station.

But PA on the other hand just seems ridiculous, especially needing to do it every year.

TN: No inspections, why are they even a thing?

Texas inspection was pretty easy when I lived there. In Oklahoma now with no inspection.

>Why is this allowed

Because dealerships and auto mechanics have lobbyists that they send to Harrisburg that keep this bullshit going

Louisiana inspection:
>do your lights and horn work? gib me ten bucks a year or twenty every two years

Mississippi inspection:
>used to be a thing, but they got rid of it around last year

I just have to tell the inspector that my horn is the red Radio Shack button on the dash. kek

lmao

>Asshole button is required by law
Explain this shit.

It's considered safety equipment for states that do safety inspections

(((inspections)))
(((front plates)))
(((emission tax)))

TN inspections in my county
>do you have a cat?
>does your gas cap hold pressure?
>check engine light on?
I dont mind at all. Honestly so many shitboxes on the road i wish for them to check basic shit like making sure people aren't driving with wires showing or any other blatent safety issues.

>Why is this allowed?
My state stopped emissions testing of cars newer than 2008. Older cars still have emissions every 2 years before tabs can be renewed.

I live in Va and just bought a car from NC. It feels so great to not have front plates on my car since it didn't come with holes in the bumper.

Safety testing eliminated here many years ago.

Emissions testing eliminated here a couple of years ago.

Feels good!

Arkansas inspection
>none
>they don't even check if you have properly working headlights
>know of this because when I got my truck registered, left bulb was out
>someone registered a 2 stroke dirt bike, and another guy registered a modified Side by side

>Live in Tennessee
>No inspection
>Drive with no cats
>Freedom

PA State Inspection if a mechanic is a longtime family friend:
>nothing

>drive with dogs instead

(((New England)))

Pretty sure California is Emissions testing in all areas.

>New York
>emissions and safety every year
>so much salt the cars rust out within three years of rolling off the lot
>no one can drive
>for some reason we have a 27 year import law instead of 25 like the rest of the US?
>55mph state speed limit

Please God kill me now.

NH emissions testing is just seeing if the OBD is throwing a code which isn't really emissions testing at all.

WA inspection:

OBDII check for some people
Nothing for most
Absolutely fucking nothing for motorcycles. Never. So few people ride them that you can cut out the cats and clean air systems all you want, get a dyno tune, and go blazing towards spokane (they're too poor to afford traffic cops for some nice stretches of highway) and nobody will ever call you on it. The federal rules, like those regarding weed, are simply not enforced.

>fellow SC fag
there is that "road tax" though.

>WA inspection:
The state of WA requires new cars to meet California emissions standards. Cars since 2008 no longer need emissions checks. Eventually, once the number of old cars decreases, emissions checking will be eliminated.

It's not that violators can't be spotted. Most new cars broadcast their statistics to the manufacturer anyways. If the state taps in on that data, it can easily determine which cars are emitting the most pollutants based upon what that car's computer is saying from its sensor readings and on the fly adjustments to controlling that engine's power and fuel economy.

Missouri:

If it's older than 5 years, only one time per new owner when the car is sold. $12.

meanwhile in yurop

most of the semi-rural PA counties don't require emissions yet, which is nice, but most inspections I've gone to have been either at a dealer and I pass, of I go to my uncles garage and its nothing.

>I'm sorry my state's drivers shit up your roads

>Ontario

>Southern areas require Etesting. System is a clusterfuck and you often only find out if you need an Etest that year when you go to renew your sticker
>Test takes 10 minutes and is largely paperwork on the shops behalf.
>Doesn't cost a whole lot, but a CEL is instant failure

>Northern Ontario
>No Etesting required
>There are people in Southern Ontario who buy cottages in Etest-less areas and register their vehicles there
>There are people every year that get absolutely fucked by doing that

>Iowa
>No testing
>nobody gives a shit

>most of the semi-rural PA counties
I'm in Bucks county. It's nice, but I guess I'm still too close to Philly to escape these sort of things. Emissions doesn't bother me too much though, everything but my daily should be exempt after the first test. Safety is another story, I don't want to pay some shop to poke around my car on their lift every year.

Maybe I need to go back out by Lewisburg.

> Montana
> ...

There's literally a scam that involves setting up a business here for the express purpose of having a fake "company" car.

Also this state is fuckin beautiful.

> still have to live in Iowa

>Florida
>no testing
>but have to live near giant bugs and spics
Not sure if it's a fair trade or not.

>live in wannabe redneck town in Oregon
>no emissions unless living in Portland
Life is good

See people driving here with no hood, doors, exhaust, fenders, rusted to hell, straight piped cars running 30+psi

Besides the boring ass roads, SC is based.