EVE Online General /eog/

Join a Corp Edition.

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Now:
>ASCENSION DEPLOYED updates.eveonline.com/date/2016-11-15/
>EVE IS NOW F2P GOY
>Rewards, Gnosis, Goggles and a new destroyer, don't forget to redeem it.

Future:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, visual updates AND also free stuff, plus a new ship

Past:
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

1rst for amarr.

Daily reminder that the moros is the worst dread and the nag is better than the moros in every field of the world

If only those Moros pilots could fly the Naglfar.

I can now (I think) competently fly Caldari T1 battleships with T2 fit.

What should I do to make money with them?

If I'm only interested in running L3/4 security missions, is it fine if I just stick to SoE?

I'm getting kinda tired of juggling all these different agents in order to avoid a drop in standings.

Incursions
C3 with sneks if you also have good drone skills

>(I think)
this however smells like you actually can't

Oh sorry I should have said T2 missile stuff, not the guns.

Daily reminder that neuts answered webifiers are ewar

meh for pve
unless you're gonna use a golem
raven navy issue is ok but still not great
snek needs good drone skills to get acceptable clear times in wormholes and its not accepted in incursions

mfw I picked Minmatar in SoE Dagan and I am Minmatar

Which are the best small projectile guns for close range? I'm not sure whether to go with 125mm, 150mm, or 200mm autocannons.

whatever fits.
200 generally the best

first

Sorry mate just went for dinner. I'm actually training for the snek atm. 2 days left on sentry V. After that I'm gonna train for the fighters? I've seen a lot online about using a gecko on it with ratting

gecko is not a fighter, its a heavy drone with twice the bandwidth that uses no specialization skill and does omni damage

Oh right. Got confused then cuz I was checking the skills of variants to see what would improve it. So only the heavy drone + interfacing will affect its damage?

yes

Is WH venture gas harvesting worth it for an alpha? I have saved up 20mil and I can probably buy the skill with a couple of days mining/mission running

if you live, yes

Reminder to make a new account if you need a GMs help with anything.

cool skin for a shit battelship

How do I fuck over my corporation of (mainly) hisec L4 mission runners?

Kill their Faction Standing.

Had an old account that needed a mission reset the other day, they did it in a few minutes

Recently re subbed again and looking for a new Corp, anyone here from Altruism willing to tell me something about them?

>anyone here from Altruism willing to tell me something about them?
hey, it's me! altruistic guy! go joing allout

>Altruism

Please explain this meme

is mining in wormholes worth it?

Yes for gas.
Yes for ratting on a subscribed account.
Yes for minerals on a subscribed account that lives in w-space.

but what do you do with the minerals?

Probably use them at your POS, since you live in the middle of nowhere.
Maybe look for a hi-sec wormhole, then take them to a trade hub.
It'll sell well, but getting back home might become hell on earth.

/ss13g/ here:
Laugh derisively at our tremendous faggot.

pupper

are the minerals better in high tier wormholes?

youre as big of a faggot as he is

Should I actually really not be doing wormhole relic and data sites on my t1 uncloakable frig? Every site has sleepers

like you can talk, conno

breath plasma

You're looking for pirate sites, not sleeper sites. Pirate sites only appear in C1-3 wormholes.

All w-space is -1.0 sec, it's all as good.
That's why wormhole PI is so great.

It's only exploration sites that vary.
Those are tied to the system, not it's sec level.

You want C1/C2/C3 sites with Nullsec NPC faction names.

>implying The Connoisseur plays the spess MUD
>implying The Connoisseur wouldn't roll a plasman

>>implying The Connoisseur plays the spess MUD
He does.

Wait seriously? Shit.
Well at least our game is older than yours.
What's the ckey to metagrudge him at?

oneiros

claymore

caracal

vexor

Is subbing directly the cheapest way to get game time?

It's not fair
How come their faction gets the prettiest ships AND most skins

1 is there a Veeky Forums corp
2 if i want to grind enough isk to get a plex and make my character omega again, would it be easier to play my former-retail character, or would it be faster to make a new character from a different race? Im not sure if any one race has better alpha skills for making isk than the others

>1
All-Out, but they no longer accept newfags because they're too elite

>2
what a retarded question kys

can alpha account still use their ISK to gamble with? I remember there was a site you could bet on sports using isk.

The only restriction is what skills you can use and half speed skill training

white stag exit bag

>care 4 kids in charge of transporting stuff

That depends on how much your time is worth.
Assuming you earn minimum wage and buy at full price, you need to earn around 500 million ISK an hour to beat out spending real money.
If you buy through Steam through an underdeveloped 3rd World country (VPN, or whatever) you need to earn like 1.25 billion ISK an hour.
And of course, the figures get even more disgusting if you aren't straggling on minimum wage.

retard

>1 is there a Veeky Forums corp
Pupper Appreciation Station
>2 if i want to grind enough isk to get a plex and make my character omega again,
>would it be easier to play my former-retail character,
Yes, of course.
>or would it be faster to make a new character from a different race?
How could you possibly think that would be faster?

>Im not sure if any one race has better alpha skills for making isk than the others
For monkey making? No, not at all. For general play:
Caldari = Gallente > Minmatar > > > > > > > > > Amarr
...but even Amarr is manageable.

Protip:
You've got THREE (3) character slots per account.
That means 1 PLEX can give your 3 characters worth of Industry/PI/etc. plus Haulers/Spies/whatever.
Always always always multi-account train if one of your character slots is open and you want to level 2 dudes.
At the time it's as good as subbing 2 characters, but it's better in case you drop down to 1 PLEX a month.

>Pupper Appreciation Station
lol no

>unironically joining a redditchan corp

How do I avoid this

>it's another instalock svipul 5km from the gate episode!

Have you tried not being degenerate?

biomass yourself weeb

i was under the impression that each race had different skills they were allowed to learn. If i play gallente but they can only learn mining skills or some shit, that would limit my gallente formerly-retail one. But I see that most of the skills alphas are allowed to learn are all equivalent.

Wrong image. Can't find the one I meant to post. Never mind

>cargo tengu

Restricted to your race's ships, your race's weapon type, Missles or Drones, and your race's EWAR
The other skills are pretty much exactly the same for all Alpha

autism/blogpost incoming

there are exactly 4 wormhole systems that are C1's with a hi-sec static, that have the right planet combination to create all P2's, as well as a minimum of 6 barren or temperate planets for advanced factories

after months of searching I've found one of them. now I just need friends or something...

>friends
You mean alts

>now I just need friends or something...
Alts or something. Also the POCOs.

>after months of searching
took us 36 hours to find one of the two systems we wanted that existed in game when we moved.

the pocos are all 0% pocos, which is awesome

but yeah I want to put up an astrahaus or a POS or something, but I'm worried about losing it to invaders, so friends (who can also profit) would be nice

the current residents have an astrahaus of their own,...it's a 5-man russian corp. I would join them but I highly doubt I can contact any of them let alone communiate.

I only get in-game a few hours a week. I'm sure I could've found one if I dedicated an entire weekend to it.

While you wait the however many hours it takes you to train all the skills to huff gas try buying a heron and fitting it for exploration. A mil and a half might do, and you can make insane dosh (for an alpha) in one of those. I started playing about 4 days ago and i'm ~150 mil from a plex just by running a heron around C1-3 WHs.

I used to play EVE a long time ago, but stopped because I'm an unemployed loser who couldn't keep paying a sub, and had no reliable way of plexing every month.

Give it to me straight. Is it worth playing the game with the new Alpha state clones as F2P? They seem VERY restricted, but I've always wanted to play EVE again. I imagine just about every single corp and alliance refuses to let alphas join, like trial accounts.

There's plenty of corps who will take alphas
If you're happy getting a lot of cheap frigates blown up then there's plenty for you to do

>I imagine just about every single corp and alliance refuses to let alphas join, like trial accounts.

it's the opposite. corps LOVE alphas

>unemployed loser
>no reliable way of plexing

But that's the whole point of being an unemployed loser, having time to do shit like farm plex. How could you not even do that?

Also you might as well load up your old sub, alpha will be the exact same experience

I'm too unimaginative to come up with new ways to get lots of ISK, I have no access to the fountain goldmine of ratting (at least it was when I played), I have no ability at pvp, I'm extremely unlucky at exploration, and morally opposed to scamming.

The most ISK rewarding activity I was able to do was incursions, which I did do for a little while.

So I fit a ceptor for wormholing relic sites ... do I understand it correctly that I cannot be stopped by a bubble and because I fit 2 warpstabs, I cannot really be tackled by a lone guy?

>trading alt struggling with a mission for standings
>warp my fleeted main in to help
>get concorded for attacking the mission rats

What the fuck?

My explorer killing astero has 2 scrams.

An arazu can double scram you from 20+ km

>yarp

Damn, I just want to make some ISK to spend on PvP ships. Does that mean that if I am double scrammed, I have no chance to resist, or does it work like ECM and I have a chance to resist, since I have some stabs?

just go mining

Scrams are not chance based. You could try to jam them and escape but that would be about a 10% chance

Oh well, thanks anyway.

One more question ... since the short range warp scram disables MWD aswell, but has only 2 strenght ... can I MWD with 2 stabs? Cause thats one way I see of MAYBE gtfo if someone invisible on dscan drops on me.

So I just started the game and I get you do the career stuff, but after that is it just joining a corp and helping bros out with their goals and dreams?

Yeah you could get away from a single scram with two stabs

do what you wanna do if doing what you do do with other dos then do with them dos

No.
Stabs only affect your ability to warp.
A scram will shut down all related modules no matter your warp strength.

>no making sure to right click for pilot info on "rats"

God damn I love this game when that trick works.

I just want a really big ship, like not for combat, just a big ship where I can go "ya that's my ship"

Oh yeah I misread that, yeah you still won't be able to mwd but you can just warp out

do it then

DSTs, jump freighters, orca, rorqual