tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
FNN 2 has been released
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/
The game is currently on sale, the code 'TITAN20' can also be used
The TFG team won the CTF tournament, reddit lost

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wfxDIyYU9nM&t=1468s
youtube.com/watch?v=v6YJjkO7F5A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Titans in cloaks when?

>He use hitscan anything

>no titan loadout customization
>can't choose titan chassis
>slow as hell titan movement even with extra dashes
>no OS voice option
>pilot appearence tied to ability instead of weapon class
>automatic rodeo
>only 2 pilot weapons at a time
>AI only on certain modes
>no burn cards
>no shield for titans
>unnecesary batery mechanic
>no frontier defense
>no challenges
>no stats menu
>slow and tedious merit system
>wall hanging tied to a perk because reasons
>no IMC vs Militia
>no chaingun or quad rocket in MP
>no triple threat or arc cannon at all
>fewer and worse maps than titanfall 1
>is there even turret/spectre hacking?
>worse weapon/titan class balancing
>sarah's face

The campaign was amazing but how is the multiplayer any better than Titanfall 1? It's like they decided to ignore everything they did right in the previous game and started from scratch. No wonder why the population is so low.

>"Trust me"
I actually teared up a bit desu

Jesus christ Tonefield 2 is giving me an ulcer. God forbid you get someone who actually knows how to play in one you might as well just exit the match now since they'll just steamroll unless you use it yourself.

Which assault rifle is best for wide open maps?

I would like to point out that all but like 5 of the things in your list were updates to the first game.
>frontier defense
lel that wasn't added till half a year after launch mate. give this game ONE month at least.

>Get doomed as Tone
>Salvo into the sky and target it at legion crawling behind a shield
>Eject while rockets still fly
>Free new tone
I haven't used tone for 4 gens, and after 5 level in it i probably never will again.

I've come across a few decent Tone players, and they definitely wreck, but most of them don't have a clue what they're doing. Then again, Tone is just "M1, M1, M1, Q" for immense damage so it's not exactly a difficult Titan to use

How are they going to nerf Tone into the ground?

>I would like to point out that all but like 5 of the things in your list were updates to the first game.
I'm not sure what you mean, from the points i posted only OS voice and FD were added post-launch in the first game.

>give this game ONE month at least
k, let's see what happens in 2 days.

>No wonder why the population is so low.
If Titanfall 1 is so much better, why is it doing worse?

longer lock-on time
nerf damage
nerf core
give ordinance a proper cooldown
less insanely aggressive tracking on missiles

There are a number of ways, friend

Alright holy shit

I have to give up on Ronin. I want to love him but he's too fucking fragile to be in that close all the time

Bare minimum make it so it isn't a one shot kill to pilots and remove the god 5mile wide AoE so you don't reward shit players for missing a dozen times,

I liked both campaigns about the same, but I thought Titanfall 2's campaign had too narrow of a scope. I would have actually liked it if they threw in a few "filler" missions where you're just randomly killing the IMC in huge fuck-off battles. More missions would have also given them a chance to develop the supporting characters like the mercenaries or Barker and the 6-4.

Titanfall 1's campaign has the opposite problem where it's just warfare, and there's no central character or personal conflict.

If you're going after full health Titans, you're playing him wrong. Your targets should be Pilots and Titans with half health or less.

>All these camos
>All advocate gifts

>things are changed
>"why have things changed?"

lmao

that sounds kinda boring but OK, I'll try

Maybe not on a map that's an extremely open space like Crashsite

playing ion with vortex shield perk is your best bet. count the lock ons and get the shield up and pray that tone's own retarded shield isnt up. the return damage is incredibly high

>things are changed for the worse
>"why have things changed for the worse?"
I think it's valid criticism.

no it's not

like, we get it, you're a senile old fuck who doesn't like the new direction the game has gone. The 100s of 10/10s pouring from reviews seems to point you as the retarded minority who wished he had Titanfall 1.1, instead of a full sequel.

literally off yourself my man :)

>tfg beat Reddit AGAIN

How can they even compete?

>People still defending the MP
>Despite the sky diving population
>Despite all of the refunds

Guess everyone that played the shit out of titanfall 1 just developed shit tastes huh? That must be the issue.

Must we do this now?

>cloakfags

>1600 people playing in my region
>2300 on titanfall 1

WEW

Titanfall 1 is about as good and would have equally good reviews, except that it was billed as the Official Xbox One Flagship Title and people really fucking hated the Xbox One back then.

>Despite the sky diving population
The player count has literally been rising throughout the whole week.

>Despite all of the refunds
Link your source fag.

Are you saying all my points were mistakes that needed to be fixed? No one ever complained about them back in the day, the only complaints people had were about the lack of campaign, weapons and cosmetic customization. And don't fool yourself, most of the praise from "official reviews" is directed towards the campaign, not the multiplayer.

why do i lose speed when pessing A/D when slidehopping? im not holding W or letting go of crouch. im turning my mouse slowly. i cant figure out what im doing wrong? i can do it fine going in a straight line, but the moment i try to turn at all, my momentum drops to near zero

Titanfall seems to be plagued with bad luck, we endure to go fast though

Why is there not a single good map? They range from decent to dog shit. Most don't even feel like they were made for wall bouncing and flowing speedy gun fights. I think this is really were they droped the ball, the titans feel sluggish and fragile sure, and the balance is utter shit but a few patches can fix that. But if they don't start pumping out good maps soon then this game won't last another 6 months.

;_;7

Tips for Scorch?

>that feel when you end a game of Amped Hardpoint at the top of the scoreboard with 0 kills
>because you captured the closest point to your spawn then sat there the whole game

man that was exciting

I have to agree with this. Too many wide open areas and maps that are one-sided in favor of one of the spawn points.

Know the maps very well so you can flank, and skullfuck people with the Inferno shield when you get in close

If that fails, go maximum area denial and use traps and flamewall to keep people reined in

i think eden is a good map, and complex prety decent. crash site is total shit and drydock almost as bad because of all the mantling that happens every 2 seconds

I just nuclear ejected on crash site through a solid object and ended up in a 10 foot box that wasn't out of bounds but that I also couldn't leave. I missed the entire epilogue because I was above the map trying to escape a box.

I actually really like Drydock, Forward base, Eden, Canal, Exoplanet and Boomtown. They have enough verticality that I feel like I have way more approach options than I normally would. Homestead has too much open field with nowhere to hide or wallrun. Complex and crash site are absolute garbage that belong in a CoD game.

>your connection has timed out
>we were winning

FUCKING KILL ME I WISH TO DIE

>legion cant even beat tone in a 1v1 dps race

>tones core melts any titan in 5 seconds with no aiming required

wow!

Man, seeing BT grab Jack like that really makes me miss the first-person embarking animations from 1. Executions, too.

titanfall 3 when?
BT comeback when?

Yeah, I don't know why it went third person other than to show off your character for those future cosmetic shit they'll sell.

How do i git gud with the EPG? any webms of EPG being gud?

predict movement. Think of it like a rocket-launcher in Quake

Will they make it even worse or actually good like the first one?

Lead your shots. Just play with it, after a while you'll get a feel for how fast the projectile goes and where to aim.

Other than that, just keep your speed up and bunnyhop like a motherfucker.

anyone? ive checked so many guides and i dont understand. do i have to do something else before pressing A/D? no matter what i seem to do, i slow down immensely once i press a directional key.
i watched frothy's video where it shows his inputs and i copied it(same as i was doing before), and still the same result. could it be somethin like auto crouch/sprint or some shit like that?

did you play quake previouslys? no? you're fucked kiddo

Easy way to play it is to stay above everyone and keep moving

>Titan loadout traded out for more distinct Kits with a fair amount of variety in how each plays
>Titan Kits balanced using chassis
>Movement is the same as the First game, if it is slower it is to prevent Titans from being able to keep up with Pilots
>I agree, no OS voices kinda sucks
>Pilot appearance tied to ability makes them more distinct in terms of their capability
>No Burn cards because it creates more reliable sub-bonuses that accompany the Titan-build up cycle
>No titan shields because borderline immortal titans were OP in the first game, fun but OP. Keeping a titan alive is now its own reward.
>No IMC vs Militia
The IMC is a corporation, the strongest assets they have are those that they contract out. Apex, Vinson, Angel City and Marders' group are all IMC

youtube.com/watch?v=wfxDIyYU9nM&t=1468s

youtube.com/watch?v=v6YJjkO7F5A

Post music from the Frontier

I miss my Japanese girl OS voice. I want her back for Ronin.

Feels good man

I'm happy with the executions being 3rd person but I'm salty that the embark and debark is 3rd person. Those are really more about immersion

Apex and Vinson are pure mercs for sure but I think the ACES wouldn't work for the IMC, seeing as they killed Barker's buddy and all.

How, all I get are fucking banners.

I thought Barker was Militia.

Also, Apex is technically independent, but many of their contracts are bought out by IMC. Oi makes it a very obvious point to stop fighting when the money runs out.

i can't believe someone looked at salvo core and said "yep, thats okay"

I feel like they looked at it and said "yep it's fine" without looking at how fucking fast Tone can build to its core

It's an "oh shit that's awesome" moment when you see it in the Meet The Titans trailer and Tone trailer.

how do i into beam rifle?

>Titan loadout traded out for more distinct Kits with a fair amount of variety in how each plays
Do you even realize how ridiculous this sounds? Just do the math, compare 6 preset classes against the option to choose any combination of 6 chassis and 6 weapons, then imagine adding on top of that all the ordnance and kit options. Now that's some real variety.

>Vanguard Titans (like BT) seem to have an artificial intelligence. Other Titans have never been shown to be that sophisticated, and are likely just expert systems.
>I was under the impression that this was the Militia's way of making their smaller force more effective, by integrating AI with their pilots, while the IMC uses well programmed war machines and dreams of supervillainy.
Vanguards are the first Militia-born Titan, and they're immediately shown to be immensely powerful and sophisticated, more than a match for any IMC Titan just because of how versatile it is. The Militia values its manpower and equipment more than the IMC does.

[RDDT]'s alright sometimes

>Only Ion gets the Red Baron paint job

who thought this was acceptable

>Die round 1 in Coliseum to a guy who cooked a grenade
>He tea bags
>Win the next two rounds in a row with direct EPG hits
>He get gets another cooked grenade kill, mashes crouch again
>Final round
>He kills himself cooking a grenade after I phase shifted

Not him, but the pre-set Titans allow for some pretty unique mechanic interactions that wouldn't be possible with the system from the first game.

Take Scorch for example. His barrels don't work without the rest of his kit. Having "barrels" as a mix-and-matchable option would be useless unless you took the rest of the Scorch kit.

I'm in favor of the change, and I enjoy how the current Titans play.

>not realizing ronin is the hard counter to tone :^)

Barker is pretty much Militia with him and 6-4 contracting themselves out almost exclusively for the Militia. Despite being self-proclaimed mercs and all, Aces and 6-4 are just MCOR dudes but paid more and can pick out the missions they want. Purely speculation, but I'd imagine it to be a relatively safe assumption on how those two Militia factions operate.

>Pilot appearance tied to ability makes them more distinct in terms of their capability

A step into the right direction and just something they would naturally do considering how Pilot appearances were determined by weapons in TF1. Although, they all just fucking fall short because everyone is practically the same model and color schemes were just thrown out the window.

I'm green with it

Each kit, based on the specialty kit you use with it, can alter your play style.
Northstar can be played one of 4 ways, for example.
Sniper oriented for flanking with the piercing kit
Ambush style, baiting enemies with the twin tethers
Guerilla tactics with the sustained cluster missile
Or save up for big, prolonged barrages with the Viper kit.
With the exception of Tone, each Titan kit in 2 has a pretty wide range of playstyles available to each

I know Ronin says that the sword is yours but how about the rest of the titans get a combat knife?

>Tone losing a fight
DELET THIS

Just want to point out the mercenary factions in multiplayer are probably not canonical at all. Apex and Vinson work for the IMC in the campaign but sometimes you kill IMC skinned enemies in attrition/bounty hunt. The Marauders, the 6-4, and Barker's people are obviously staunch militia members and not mercenaries.

That's fair, I think.
A bit more distinguishing features would make it easier to see "Oh, this guy is stim because he has some crazy backpack or something.

>someone posted my webm
Wow, consider me flattered

Holy shit that made me hard.

>Get told to git gud with Ronin here
>Get proficient with Ronin and never look back to Tone
>The sword is yours, pilot

>Tone eating huge amounts of shit from other Titans while Ronin blocks like a maniac
>HURR DURR GG EZ TONE SUXX

Shitton of coliseums. I lost count how much it took for me to get all of them after the first hundred. I unlocked almost all banners and signs so i either get camos or credits, haven't gotten a single execution or titan nose art.

It was said before and I'm not sure if this is stuff reinforced by the art book/mobile game or user talking from his ass, but basically the remaining IMC troops post campaign are controlled by Spyglass whom has his own goals.
Ash died in campaign but was rebuilt and now placed under control of Vinson who has more to gain going against the IMC now that the winds have changed.
ARES is baffling though, unless it's even more of an ass pull with Spyglass causing a schism.

It is pretty easy to distinguish between Pilots, but it just peeves me to no end that they threw out the IMC vs Militia appearances. Appearance should have been multilayered with weapon, faction, and ability determining appearance. IE a Militia Pilot with LMG and A-Wall would be bulky, have a Militia Assault helmet, and largely restricted to warm colors and earth tones for colors.

>tone half HP at the beginning of the fight
>another titan joins the fray and begins lowering his HP even further while ronin sits there like an idiot
>whiffs his salvo
>did less damage than tone while nearly being doomed in the process
So a shitter fought another shitter and barely won = counter? If anything you could've done all of that with Ion and not take 90% of your health from a single Q

>have tone cornered, hes almost doomed while im at full health

>lmao time to rush down this shitter and kill him

>SALVO CORE, my entire healthbar evaporates in seconds and somehow he survives

Wow, great game!

is it just me or should you always use long range mode on legion

short range seems like dogshit

Long range mode uses up two bullets per shot.

Long range is always the best and you should always keep yourself at a distance, but close range mode will fuck up people like no one's business. The sheer amount of fire you can lay down on another Titan with Power Shot can easily doom another Legion or Scorch. Granted, it is pretty terrible against Pilots no matter how fucking close you are.

Yes, also don't ever use his ult in close range mode

>make the enemy BEG for mercy

yes mistress

How do we fix Titanfall 3?

New to the game, so this may be a stupid question. Sometimes it seems like titans have more health than usual. For example, a ronin usually has 3 bars but sometimes I'm certain I see them with more. Is this a mechanic/upgrade or am I retarded?

they probably got a battery from a teammate or have the battery boost.