First fun car?

Sup Veeky Forums,

Finally have the financial resources to get a "fun" car, but I've only driven econoshitboxes my whole life. What's an entry level sports car I won't wrap around a pole in two weeks? Thinking new edge Mustang or a Civic Si.

Also, not trying to spend $20,000.

>What's an entry level sports car I won't wrap around a pole in two weeks?

How about just don't do open throttle on a 45 degree turn, these idiots i tell you, muhh fast car

just learn how to drive damn it

Well since it's a fun car it's going to have to be RWD. Mustang is probably a solid choice.
Also the only way not to wrap yourself around a pole is to not drive like a retard.

notchback foxbody

Mustang GTs are fun cars. Simple to work on and maintain.

OP here. How would a Civic Si compare to the mustang? I've never driven anything with more than 100hp to the wheels, but would the Civic get old fast?

Yes. The only novelty is the VTEC sound. But there's no power, can't do any drifting in a fwd.

Yes you can just get shirty bald tyres and enough low end power

Just sliding a car around does not count as drifting. Get over it FWD cucks.

>lowend power
Even in a light rain with bald tires i could get a stock EG to burnout

But then again who cares about a FWD burnout?

Miata any gen.
Fox body mustang.
C5 vette, maybe z06
Mr2 first gen or third gen.
VOLVO 240.

Civic Si if you have curvy roads to hit at speed, 'stang if you've got straight lines and streetlights to race to.

hey pham, i'm in the same situation, well sort of.

i plan on getting a v6 mustang, memes aside, i'd be going from 110hp to 305hp so for me(us) that would be a huge step from shitboxes. also because insurance would fuck me(us) up having a v8, or so i heard. the ecoboost i feel is too modernized to be a true muscle car, but i might end up getting the v4 econoboost. used of course. 2015 models and below all seem to be selling below 20k.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

V6 mustang has no torque. Avoid it.

2003 mach 1

hmm, even though i'll use it as a dd? i don't plan on doing too much crazy stunts with it...

>TFW T-Top notchbacks are unicorns only being sold by "I know whud I gott" baby boomers.

V6 S550 is the only Mustang worth buying short of a GT350.

Get an older mustang and mod the fucking shit outa it

Fox Bodies and 4rd gen make my dick very hard

hate the newer mustangs too they are ugly, heavier and just shit.

t. aussie

Agreed my nigger

I've got one of those mustangs, they are fun.

Any V6 Mustang post 2011 is worth buying if it's cheap enough, just try to get the one with the performance package, that suspension upgrade and the 3.31 gears reeeaaaally make a difference, from a slush box to basically the same feel while driving of a 2005-2010 GT.

Also, don't go for an automatic.

280 lb-ft of torque is pretty decent.

C5 corvette. Z06 if you can. They are amazing stock but if you ditch the pushrods for camshafts and supercharge it, its a fucking rocketship. Driver focused cockpit and great styling. You will not regret it.

>280 lb-ft of torque is pretty decent

If you get a civic si get any civic 6th gen and older since they actually handle very well and are super light

YOU DONT NEED TO DRIFT TO HAVE FUN

All the anons saying oh you can't drift don't even drift on dry pavement and are most likely 15 yr olds with no cars

My crown Vic makes more torque than that

V8 is best dd

The cockpit on a c5 does not look good lmao, they share the same exact materials from a lumina for Christ sake

Depending on what Crown Victoria you have, the Interceptor is rated at 275 lb-ft or 287 for the LX Sport.

It also weights like 700 pounds more than the Mustang, so it better have more torque.

yeah i've been looking into v6 premiums (2012-2016 models) locally, and they sell anywhere between 12k - 20k with less than 80k miles on them. looking at a gt for the same price and i lose the features of a premium. so in due time i plan to get one, hopefully not in black

Yes its very tacky feeling but the whole driver oriented part is great, I have seen some amazing custom interiors

>he does not drift around 90 degree corners in his FF french-made family shitbox

I bet you don't even have a masters in Initial D, fagtron

>Drift, let me show you what drifting gets you senpai

Civic Si has better handling than a Mustang. Mustang has more straight line speed.
It would probably be harder to kill yourself in an Si honestly.

I bought a "fun" car for 3k

Ion redlines are cheap as fuck

What car?

>Ion redlines are cheap as fuck
nigga

get the cobra

TFW my car breaks in half because it's a flimsier than Jeremy Clarkson's flaccid dick and I applied the brakes too hard.

Well, you can get a gt of that body for like 4-6k. A 200hp si civic is gonna cost like 15 grand right? I mean, its in 03 cobra or even 03 z06 pricerange.

This nigger clearly hit something because he can't drive