freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/0g6DnnHCw7KH2NzH
patreon.com/futurefragments
ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=904213
ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=904595&postcount=14
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdz0nFLuGKsDE7sssvZGEvP6GWZq0zLcH1yuvHw7dfeUCNk_A/viewform
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG0xAbfkvXJMjpAS-C-9aPj6NJbsr4aE1&jct=nbyk2aeJw3N_z14xeYw1Jf-bWgarZg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG0xAbfkvXJMjpAS-C-9aPj6NJbsr4aE1
youtube.com/watch?v=i9XNZ8nWjD8
poal.me/i7c8mq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>> Chat
>discordapp.com/invite/0g6DnnHCw7KH2NzH
Disgusting.

Have you actually joined?

There's surprisingly only a few no devs in the Discord (Batchscript/Eynx)

>no devs
>namedropping on an anonymous imageboard
yeah nah your a cunt

Where can a nigga find a programmer for his awesome game if hes an artist/designer?

Hard mode, no tig-source or reddit.

Stop pushing your shitpost against bokudev you obnoxious jealous nodev.

look for work at different studios

or if you want to find a good business partner, that's really hard, you'd probably have to know someone irl, and you'll have to prove yourself, show off your artwork and such so programmers know what they can expect from you

i've no tolerance for no devs.

aren't you already programming this though?

finding a programmer willing to work on an existing game is difficult

As a programmer who used to work on a project, let me tell you that the artist contacting another programmer has to be the biggest fail of an idea.
Unless your programmer specifically states that he needs help or unless you really plan to dispose of him, don't do that.

Its for a different project than bokube am using bokube as an example of my art though.

So is any work on the game done other than art? Would the hired programmer be starting from scratch?

Why are people so against working with others?

Instead of 100 people making their own shit, if some of them worked together, one completed game might come out

I know there's issues with it, disagreements about everything, but no one even tries. They just waste their time.

It also teaches valuable skills. I don't get why people are so opposed to it.

I tried 4 times and only succeeded once.
Either there are disagreements or someone just disappears and stops replying.

Just reposting this since it was posted right before the thread went dead last time;

Looking for programmers for a pre-existing project I'm working on.
Would need to be able to program in GameMaker ideally, but other engines are fine too.

You'd be paid a portion of Patreon profits, which right now isn't much, but once the demo's out in February, the amount would swell up pretty quickly.
For an example of how large it would likely grow, patreon.com/futurefragments is another game I'm working on/heading.

Programmer would need to be able to work on the game full time, would need to be very skilled in their respective engine enough to do a solid variety of genres within the same game
(And before anyone says no good programmers are here, two of the people working on my games right now are from this board, and they're both great at their work, so I'm asking in hopes I can find a third person).

If you have examples of your work and/or feel you'd be a fit, please email me at [email protected] - 18+ only, as the game is an adult game.

ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=904213 and ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=904595&postcount=14 explain a lot more about the game and how it works, as well as showing off a ton of assets for the game.

The picture attached is from the game too.

Are you a programmer? Il work with you if so and not abandon you user.

Direct social interaction is painful

Yeah but if you meet on places like this, both of you should get it.

I'm 1MA but I tried collab'ing on some bigger projects (although they were just Jam games).
All in all, I'd rather have another programmer that's better than me because I can more or less manage with modeling but I'm not that good at coding. What's your skillset?

Just saw this now, so sorry for the double post, but the programmer would be starting from scratch, yep.

I'm not the artist, I'm the writer/character design/game designer.

Also, yes, if we can find someone reliable/skilled, we'll likely replace him just so he isn't stretched so thin, as he has other projects of his own that have recently come to light, and I'd really prefer him to not keep trying to do more than he's able to time-wise.

The only agdg artist that I trust in here is theonian because he's genuinely tried to collab with people.

No offense to bokube but I somehow don't trust him.

Never trust twinks

On the subject of working with others -

UE4 Programmer looking to dev space game of any genre (Anything from a 3D space combat game, to a Top Down 2.5 shooter, to some kind of tablet game. Can do VR as well)

Have tons of space assets, work put into world building a space pirate universe. Story done and adaptable to any genre.

I just hate working alone. I hate not having anyone to bounce ideas off of, and being unable to get feedback until way later when I finish something.

I have a portfolio as well.

Looking for anyone really, who have at least some skill or desire to learn (I can teach UE4 BP). Don't care what. 2D artist would be amazing for HUDS/UI but no one likes UI work so I'm not counting on it.

[email protected]

>don't talk to me, my son or my grandson ever again

>yet you dont trust bokudev who is genuinely trying to collab with a programmer.

Out of curiosity, what game do you need help for, and why?

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdz0nFLuGKsDE7sssvZGEvP6GWZq0zLcH1yuvHw7dfeUCNk_A/viewform

Reminder to tell us about yourself, agdg. Don't answer if you already did, and don't lie to the "are you making a game?" question.

>disappears
they get burned out with the project but feel bad about it so instead of maning up and saying they quit they just avoid it and ignore the issue and pretend the project doesn't exist, i exited 2 collabs this way

>tfw I've done this 3 times

Wow what a faggot

If you are a programmer and have all the assets done then whats the problem? you don't need an artfag
99% of games here fail because they are made by programmerfags who can't art so their game look like shit and gain no attention

Everyone does this. Also it's more humane this way, because your collab partner thinks you maybe died in a car crash and that is why you aren't responding, instead of making him depressed by saying you simply quit.

Well, I don't have all assets done, just tons of shit like models and stuff I'd need. I lack effects. So effects would be good, but I mean I don't expect to find effects artists here.

Anyway I just much prefer collaborating. We can get a lot more done and it saves time / is helpful to share ideas.

Just a team player is all

He has been making his own game for a while and I don't see why he would need a programmer right now. Sounds like he's just memeing but I'm too lazy to check the discord for confirmation.

>team player
this is LITERALLY the last place on the internet for you then

I don't get along with normies on other websites desu

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG0xAbfkvXJMjpAS-C-9aPj6NJbsr4aE1&jct=nbyk2aeJw3N_z14xeYw1Jf-bWgarZg

Add useful or interesting videos related to gamedev.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG0xAbfkvXJMjpAS-C-9aPj6NJbsr4aE1

There are many places on Veeky Forums that manage to collab succesfully why is AGDG different?

>business partnering with random fucktards on the internet

It's just a salty nodev. Don't worry.

If you're an artist just find one coder friend, if you're a coder just find a drawfag.

Having a team of more than 2 people is not worth it. You'll have to make unrealistic amounts of money to finance it.

I was wondering, /agdg/, how can an indie game be a huge hit? As I see it, it's pure chance and good timing. I mean, if Tetris would come out today, it would be just one of a dozen weird indie puzzle game. Same goes for Super Meatboy.

I dunno about business partnering, we could evaluate our progress and how well we work together and go from there if it's successful

But mostly I just want to do it for fun and experience. If it turns into something more, great. If not, no different from making a prototype that goes nowhere except it has a better chance of success.

make something that isn't complete shit. just make something that people would actually enjoy playing.

70% luck, 20% art, 10% fun game mechanics

If you have lots of money, you can split 70% luck to 35% luck 35% marketing

Super meatboy and Tetris were genre defining.

Are you ever going to have a non-pixel shit protag?

Are you ever going to have a game?

If you are a dev you should see this
youtube.com/watch?v=i9XNZ8nWjD8

>successful indie dev makes bank yet doesn't actually love video games
Every time

CUTE

Is a speed stat needed in an ARPG? I mean, it seems useless to me because you either make the player move SANIC fast at high levels or what?

I noticed this as well. You can easily tell if the dev is in it for the money or not:
If they are just a money whore then they will stop making games after they get rich
If they are in it for the dev then they keep going and invest most of their riches into their next project, like the braid guy for example

Post some of your work.

The biggest thing with collaborating with strangers on the internet is that anyone who knows better will be looking for something to suggest that you're not only capable but also hard-working, and able to see projects to completion (i.e. you have already done so). Nobody wants to invest themselves into a project only to have that investment fall to pieces in the end because of someone else.

That's what happens when you bank your well-being on your hobby.

Is this Vine?

I'm sorry user, but she is 5/10 tops. I only let QTs who are 7.5/10 or above to order me around and stomp on my balls with their heels

>is your low-res game going to not use pixels
???

Doesn't look like a whole lot yet, but I've got support for passive and active turrets for my Top Down 2.5 Space Combat game.

Passive turrets have a cone of fire in front of them, if an enemy is in it, they track and fire.

Active turrets track the mouse and fire

Support for modular turrets to easily add more, different types, new ships etc.

At first I wanted to keep this relatively simple since it's a side project for fun, and have it just be kind of like a single player MOBA where you can buy progressively better ships/upgrades.

But now I'm considering making it just like a single player open-worldish game since a single player MOBA is a little.. yea. I'd still have moba elements (fleets launching fighters at each other, capitals working kind of like towers)

Opinions? Changing it from a moba will drastically increase the scope tho..

>/agdg/ defending pixel-shit
wew

Literally 100% of computer games use pixels you autist, only games like simon don't

>liking games over not-games
ok

PM me in discord an il tell you about the project

You as well

Some user yesterday asked me "but where is the game, bruh", when I showed some UI progress.

Well, now it is kinda a game. Every time you push the "END TURN" button, people in your space colony eat food. At its current state, the game is about acceptance of the existencial threat of running out of food and not being able to get any more of it.

QUESTION: What do you think - how should they get more food? I currently think of implementing "Hunting&Gathering Expedition" mechanic which will produce fruits and dinosaur meats.

>discord
no thanks

>space colony
>hunting and gathering
user you're mixing genres. Space colonies are usually designed to be self sufficient (ie have on board farms) or trade whatever resources they're harvesting for food

What should the theme of my ARPG be?
poal.me/i7c8mq
poal.me/i7c8mq
poal.me/i7c8mq

>oh god please stop trying to liven up a stale genre

Odd unity editor bug.

When I wrote a scriptable object that's meant to hold a list of items for my game as an Item database.

However it doesn't atually load naturally. If i edit the editor script (just by adding or deleting comments) and recompile the object list will work as intended.

Or if I attach a script (any) to the scriptable object and then switch it to none it will work fine.

However if I don't do these things its jull null and my editor window won't load it

attached gif to show

PRUGWESS!
The system for the magic is finally made!
Here's how it work:
By pressing up and down you have the menu (magic/save/load/quit) and by pressing left and right you have the spell. Right now it doesn't have spells, mostly because I just finished the casting menu...
The first two spells will be casting music and changing the direction you shoot in.

Also note that the "attack" isn't gonna be offensive as much as it's gonna be practical (for switches and all), mostly because I want my game to have as little violence as possible. Which is why it's a sleeping poison and not a real "attack".

This being said, my hand are finnaly healed!
I CAN WORK!
WOOHOOOOOOO!

And while I was in the hospital, I've missed sex. Anyone in france?

are you a grill?

Fuck off with your normie blog

No, sadly.

Fuck you, you too.
At least there's progress in my post

>I've missed sex. Anyone in france?
yeah, you near cognac?

You should stop including blogshit in your progress posts otherwise people will ignore your progress and only reply to the blogshit. See

actually, the story of this game is quite fitting for hunting and gathering

They are a first expedition outside our solar system. They arrive at Alpha Centauri and it turns out that the planet is experiencing Kessler Syndrome. This pretty much breaks their colony ship into pieces and the crew is forced to land on the planet with emergency pods. The leader manages to pilot one of the colony modules safely to the ground and that becomes their headquarters - the same colony that player controls.

Lots of equipment, food and people fell all around the planet. Player can explore the wilds to find the equipment, food and people that survived the fall.

However, it turns out that the planet is teeming with life - thick forests, fruits, water. And suprisingly, it turns out that the life on that planet is almost identical to earth's. And as player explores around, it turns out that the jungle is inhabited by nasty dinosaurs.

If I manage to finish everything else, I might just code in a story about unraveling the mystery about why that planet is so similar to earth.

You should have a good look at how Unity manages serialization under the hood to avoid getting those bugs which are not really bugs.

MY DICK

It better not be fucking time travel or aliens seeding life everywhere

I assure you, it is definately not anything normie sci-fy tier.

>like programming
>hate the content phase where the programming is complete and levels must be made, tested, balanced etc

>make tons of prototypes, 'complete them' from a programming perspective, but never have the desire to spend the time making the levels and actual content

wat do

without blogshit much less people would respond, maybe even none

Once again.
Engine dev and start a patreon.

I'm near lille, so pretty much no...

I know, and usually I try not to, but right now I just had multiples week without being able to do anything, and I really needed to talk about it.

There's not gonna be any more "blog" in my progress after now.

I'm probably missing what you're saying, but this doesn't help my issue.

The only serialized asset would be the item class (which is necessary for obvious reasons)

I'm just looking for the function that's being called when these actions are being taken so I can include my own code to fix this issue

Hmm, I do make some bucks every month selling a genre starter kit for UE4. I could expand that to patreon instead of sellify/itch and **actually update it**

My guess would be you have a bug in your editor script where it is expecting the scriptable object variable to be set

>The only serialized asset
I'm stopping you right there. tldr incoming

When you start to use either editor scripting or scriptable object, you have to understand the C++ --- Scripting serialization process that Unity does under the hood to make sure that everything works.
Imo, how variables will appear or how the editor will decide to load and show the scriptable object depends on that.

This was just a suggestion, but I can make a wild guess and say that you scriptable object doesn't appear correctly in the editor precisely because it wasn't loaded properly from the C to Script transition I talked about.

>Unity

Design sure was fun back when I was an ideaguy

now design is the fucking worst. I fucking hate it.

I'm working on a colony ship game, we should make a connector between the games so you can import gameover stats from my game (how many colonists were left, how much resources/equipment you had) into the new game of yours

What about the most used engine in AGDG?

>it's popular so it's good
wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

popular by nodevs on adgd no less

it's literally shit

>it's popular so it's bad
wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Where did I say that?