65mph Highway

>65mph Highway
>Start accelerating on the onramp
>normies are going 40mph on it
>start riding their ass to make them accelerate
>get brake checked
>normies merge onto highway at same 40mph, and accelerate to 70mph while on the highway itself.

Aren't you supposed to merge onto the highway as fast as the people who are already on it? I dont understand all these people who don't floor it on the onramp. This is what literally causes traffic.

>People on highway have to slow down to let people merge
>Rinse and repeat every ramp

Fucking why?

Nobody taught them how to drive properly from young on.

I was taught to accelerate to the highway flow speed, even if that means pedal to the floor.

Others were not taught to do this, or are afraid, or are too stupid. Probably a combination of the three.

Nonetheless, it's common sense to do this, even without being taught, but many people lack common sense.

On a side note, some on-ramps are really too short, and should have been made a couple hundred yards longer...

>le nurmies XD
>they do things I do not so XDDD

Nevermind the fact that you drive an automatic shitbox, run the windows operating system, and stream mainstream music in .mp3 format... THEY are the normies; not you.

Fucking peasants! When will they learn?

I know in some states they stop before getting on the highway then get up to speed with a gap. Drivers training teacher told me this.

>some on-ramps are really too short, and should have been made a couple hundred yards longer..
They really are, I know a couple where I really go to punch it to merge on at highway speed

....What are onramps?

I'm used to driving slow shitboxes that require full-on WOT to accelerate up an on-ramp such that I am not eaten alive.

Now that I have a WRX, I find myself going way too fast without noticing since I'm used to absolutely having to wind the piss out of my previous cars. It is cool being able to go half throttle and still be flying much faster than in my old MX-5.

Seriously why are people so afraid of flooring it? An italian tuneup isn't bad for the car.
During heavy traffic hours the onramp has metering lights to let only one car go at a time. You might be thinking of that.

This is a problem. My Mustang GT and my motorcycle can easily handle these short on-ramps... Many drivers cannot if traffic flows full speed.

I also own and operate a tractor-trailer combo. When I'm loaded, I'm always loaded to gross...

It can be a fucking headache trying to merge when I simply have like 200 fucking feet to attain highway speeds... THIS can cause traffic slowdowns for everyone else, and is risky for me also.

I don't think OP is talking about that, he's talking about idiots in crossovers. For reference, I drive a Ranger with the 3.slow and a slightly sticky parking brake. Even my turd can reach 65mph with time to spare on a medium length on ramp. Idiots just don't fucking get on the gas.

Well living in NJ all my life then moving out to Cali I defiantly see this issue. At least in comparison from state to state, most jersey fucks will floor that shit and join the flow of traffic pretty smooth. Cali on the other hand, everywhere you go someone is on their sunday drive. Oh and don't even get my started on the fucking redlight at the end of the merge, what the fuck does that accomplish?

I did drive long haul briefly, and witnessed that red light shit there. They try to "stagger" vehicles...

When I take like two fucking minutes to reach 60, I learned to just run the fucking light to keep my speed up. At that time there were no cameras, but I cannot speak for now.

>+1 for running the light
I drive a moderately quick car and I still run that shit, look for cops, look for cameras and go. Waste of fucking time, gas, and shifting my shitbox for no reason just to speed up to 65-70mph

>During heavy traffic hours the onramp has metering lights to let only one car go at a time. You might be thinking of that.
When I lived in PA, there were some onramps that actually had stop signs on them. It was a special kind of fucking retarded.

Flooring it will damage the rods which is bad.
Flooring it also puts more wear on the tires.

My friend told me in high school.

what in the fuck nigger

A friend is like a dad your age but not related to you and they actually want to hang out with you.

My previous car was so lacking in power that when I drove through the mountains on I40, it could not hold anywhere near the speed limit despite downshifting twice.

So I should not have had to brake for the cars in front of me when getting onto the highway even if floored it, yet somehow I very often did...

Part of the fun of getting on the highway is revving out my shitbox on the on ramp. Most people don't like fun, though, and see driving as a chore.

The speed limit on ramp should be only from upon entry to ensure the safest cornering speed without losing control.

From then, start increasing speed until you enter the freeway

I always slowly crawl onto the on ramp at maybe 20 miles in 2nd gear. I usually get tailgated as I let the distance between me and the normies in front of me increase.

Then I don't floor it, but I accelerate hard so that I'm going maybe 5 or 10 over by the time I make it to the highway.

The person behind me I imagine usually believes that only old people drive Volvos and that their vee syx ohnda akourd is faster.

it isn't fucking kys

>Nobody taught them how to drive properly from young on.
You forgot arrogantness. Some drivers genuinely feel others should get out of their way. I've seen them FORCIBLY merge onto the freeway at slow speed. That forces other cars to either rear end them or slow down and let them get onto the road. Those people drive at the speed they want and give no fucks about what other people want.

>On a side note, some on-ramps are really too short, and should have been made a couple hundred yards longer...
We have some on ramps like that but they were forced to be short because another Off or On ramp existed further down the road. In order to have enough merge or un-merge room for that other ramp, this ramp was forced to be shorter.

Of course, a longer ramp costs more too. The various construction companies make their bids on projects. The low bidder wins. Probably one of the reasons why the bid was lower-priced was due to the shorter ramp. Construction projects always have tons of people standing around or walking very slowly. They should just reduce costs by increasing efficiency instead of having nepotism or sinecures for friends of the family.

>I learned to just run the fucking light to keep my speed up. At that time there were no cameras, but I cannot speak for now.

Merging traffic is too selfish so the red light enforces merging technique. Besides staggering vehicles, the red light is there to reduce hysteresis in the existing freeway traffic. Merging traffic often appears in big pulses due to red lights on city streets. Those pulses can cause traffic jams on the freeway. Once stop and go occurs on the freeway, the total throughput drops. By regulating the merging traffic pulses to even out the inflow of new cars onto the freeway, the total throughput of the freeway is much higher.

In a related way, when drivers in stop and go traffic keep moving slowly without braking, a big gap appears in front of them. As long as they keep moving forward slowly and use the gap to reduce the amount of stop and go effect behind them, at the very least that improves fuel economy for everyone behind because they don't stop and then accelerate.

Even if i floor it on the on ramp i wont make it to highway speed

>I learned to just run the fucking light to keep my speed up. At that time there were no cameras, but I cannot speak for now.

The state has a "HERO" number you can call like 624-HERO or 777-HERO in some states when you see state highway violators. It doesn't convict them, but if they get enough calls from different people against the same suspect, the state will put a notation onto that person's computer listing. The state then sends a "hello how are you doing?" polite letter to the perp. If you have recorded video of the violation, you can be encouraged to submit it as attachment at their witness website feature. They encourage reporting of HOV violations, toll lane violations, littering, hit and runs, property damage, odometer violations, road rage, etc. The complaint is not counted if you don't provide your verifiable name/address. I don't know if police are able to see it on their computer records when they do a check, but I hope they do. That way, those perps get a ticket instead of a warning simply because their computer record is littered with complaint notes.

>On a side note, some on-ramps are really too short, and should have been made a couple hundred yards longer...

thank fuck I have 6.2l of American freedom

That's fine, at least you aren't scared to put your foot down.

What's a dad?

I don't understand how people can be afraid of merging on the freeway, it's pretty much the only time you can really floor it.

At my work we have a GMC van with the 6.0 in it, it has enough power to throw you in your seat. Its hilarious just because it's a van and it can out accelerate anything that isn't a sports car

Even my NA 1.0 econobox doesn´t have a problem with short ramps.

OP here, have about 2.3L's of japanese 4 cylinder ,14 psi of pure boost, and AWD. Feelsgoodman

Don't be talking shit on the V6 accord m8

>Atenza mps
>AWD
You have fwd and a rear diff that sometimes gets given a bit of power

The rear diff always puts atleast 10% of torque in at all times, with a split 50/50 distribution during acceleration. The rear diff can also be locked and sent 100% of the power if it detects the rear wheels are losing grip. Theres actual drift videos of the Mazdaspeed 6.

They still understeer horribly. I wanted one for years but I couldn't shake the feeling that I would be better saving another 5k and getting an evo

Not op, but I have an 06 MS6(us)
The understeer really isn't bad for such a heavy car. It's definitely manageable and more more discrete than an evo

I have an 06 as well, OP here. It can pull 0.82 g's on the skidpad which is pretty good. Weight isnt really an issue, the Double Wishbone and Multilink suspension is as good as it gets. It handles really nice on the twisties.

I have a 08 Mazdaspeed 3 as well. and it handles a bit better than the speed 6. After tightening the suspension its even better, barely understeers.

I have only ridden in one and the understeer was kinda scary on the touge. After riding in a cefiro on adjusties I was expecting it to just rotate around the corners, but the front wheels would break loose quite easily