/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Previous: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

FIRST FOR KIRKHAMMER

A H H
H
H

ewww

lewwwd
>FIFY

no its gross!

Ahh, pubes, or some say pubesm...

Is it ever explained why Amygdalas casually hang on the side of buildings?

Same reason why insects do

Yeah but aren't they great ones? The fact that you don't really interact with them aside from the 2 times they teleport you to an area and 1 boss fight in the frontier is kinda weird.

Can you equip two moon runes?

i dont speak moonrunes

Miyazaki working on that second DLC I see

Amy was a Great One, the others are lesser Amys. Maybe they didn't fully ascended.

We know that Amygdala was the great ine behind nightmare frontier, but who hosted that nightmare?

Aren't the "lesser Amygdala" bigger and have tentacles in their mouths, unlike normal Amy?

Are there any good yt channels that do lore stuff? I like to listen to stuff before I go to sleep.

redgrave does some good videos, he's very good at specifying when he's speculating and when it's backed by the lore. Production value's in the toilet though, no editing at all, but that's only a problem if you're like 12 years old.

Anyone wanna join me in forbiddem woods pt 2?

>when it's backed by the lore
Almost never in his case

Micolash. Same way Maria hosted the Hunter's Nightmare and the Fishing Hamlet.

Bigger is not better. Great Ones are usually very weak.

Yeah i'm sure those giant ayy's that turn cities insane and shoot magic out of every orifice in their bodies are very weak

Best physical gems found in game? Can't be doing the Chalices now.

Would you guys still play a bloodborne game that wasn't directed by Miyazaki but still made by From Software?

Ayys are not Great Ones. Celestial Emissary is but the others are just experiments. Strong is diferent from powerful, just look at Rom he's keeping a illusion throgh the whole city, maybe even more, but he doesn't atack you and is hopeless whithout his spiders. We are the monsters.

22% dlc winterlenters

I would probably not enjoy a Bloodborne sequel even if it was directed by Miyazaki. I don't like sequels, especially for complete games like this.
Besides, if it's a sequel made by modern FromSoftware it's guaranteed to be garbage.

I feel like it's another kind of Lovecraft reference, specifically from the story 'From Beyond'. In that story, a mad scientist develops a machine that allows you to see things your normal brain can't perceive, and it turns out we're surrounded by monsters and overlapping dimensions every moment of our lives. Getting enough Insight works the same way, the sane normal world you thought you lived in is in fact filled with horrible monsters and nothing is safe or normal.

Yep, you can equip all three at once

Underground near Kosm?

Yeah exactly those.

Damn. Well, this might be a blessing in disguise. I need to up my game against them anyhow.

Try Aegon of Astoria, he has a complete lore playthrough. It's fairly long.
He even has redgrave as guest sometimes, as well as Jerks Sans Frontiers, who himself make lorevideos, although on very specific stuff.

parry their grab, visceral during frenzy pop

I remember freaking out when I saw Yahaha for the first time and again when seeing one right outside the cathedral ward. I began looking out for stuff on my second playthrough wondering what else did I miss with low insight.

Oh, and last thing. Eye runes help out with getting better drops?

Thx you

use a heavy weapon and stagger them until they die

Yeah gotta work on my timing. Always messed it up in Mensis.

Yeah Eye runes help.

I usually just use a running or strong (or unzip) attack to stagger their first grab, then wail on them.
Take a sedative, maybe heal and run to the second one. If you have a weapon on par with the fishing hamlet levels, it should be fairly fast.

Great, thanks.

Also more humorous Bloodborne images please.

Huh. Just found one that was 22.3%. That was quick.

Discovering the Amy for the first time is a trip. I remember on my first playthrough going for that item on the left exit of the cathedral ward when suddenly I was grabbed by nothing. Turns out that nothing ends up being a massive fucking ayylien spider latching on to the side of the building.

>Rom
>He

What's the order to complete chalice dungeons in for chalice's so I can get an uncanny Ludwig sword, and later the high-tier physical gems?

Just a quick question: does that work with +15 % hp runes? Like having two of the same percentage runes equipped?

It's based off %, so equip the 3rd moon rune on the first slot, 2nd moon rune on the 2nd slot, and 1st moon rune on the 3rd slot.

Just follow the guide in the OP.

Which one?

>Chalice Pastebin
Or the Imgur link.

yes, you can stack any of the runes. the game only gives you one rune of each % though, so at most you can have a +15%, +10%, and +5%

Yeah I found it. Seems I need to access the Ailing Loran which means I need to farm those ingredients well here I go.

does the order in which you place runes or gems have any effect? so best blood gem should go in first slot and so on?

>using a sedative
Just let it proc during a Visceral and you'll get away scot-free.

No and no.

No, just make sure your gems are focused on a particular stat or attribute instead of having stats all over the place. Keep in mind that element attributes (fire, bolt) are strong against certain units but also weak against others. I'd recommend avoiding a fire/bolt runes on your primary weapon and instead putting them on a side weapon. Or just buy the fire/bolt paper with insight.

It's multiplication user. the order doesn't matter because of the commutative law

Why is he so perfect?

If rom is a great one why does he give out kin cooldblood? Arent kind great one descendantes?

Orphan is all physical and some bolt damage, right?

Kin are just creatures that are related to the nightmare/cosmos
You can be a Great One and Kin

I heard that he wasn't and that he's just been bestowed with these powers to keep things hidden.

Redgrave or ENB, his lorethrough is top notch.

No, his projectiles do arcane damage

He literally did nothing wrong.

There's something funny about a horse raping you.

Arent ayy lmao's kin too? Because they appesr "outside" the nightmare

Those red ball type things?

Yes, and so is Ebrietas. You don't have to be in the nightmare to be related to it.

Does Bloodborne skill transfer over into dark souls, just curious

So, the Hunter's Nightmare is sort of like Valhalla, only you eventually go insane?

Yes, it makes DS a bit too easy

how so?

It's like playing Bloodborne in slow motion and with easier backstabs

Kind of? It's a difficult transition, from Bloodborne to Dark Souls, because you have to be a lot more defensive and cautious in the latter than the former, but it also makes you engage with the combat a lot more. You become less conservative and much more aggressive. At least, ideally.

>you have to be a lot more defensive and cautious in the latter than the former
The opposite actually

Yep, in fact everything is a lot simpler. Rolls are faster, parrying is safer, and there's no weight limit.

>Ludwig can be visceral attacked in his first phase if you hit his head enough times
Been playing since release day and I only just learned about this. Also took me about three playthroughs to notice the lamp in the Annalise's chamber

>Rolls are faster
Enemies are faster too so it's pretty irrelevant.
>and there's no weight limit
That doesn't affect difficulty and complexity at all.

Lmaoo, first time fighting watchers on isz and I get immediately an arcane radial offshape.

Whose dick did you suck for that kind of luck?

Does it have a good curse though?

lady maria's

The curse is kin down
But it's not korean. It's only 26.3 % arcane atk up

The only difficult transition for me was getting used to faster rolls and the new parrying. Aside from that both games feel the same in terms of combat. The only difference I found is that Ds3 bosses are a lot harder than anything in BB (not counting chalice dungeons), but I think BB was the better overall designed game.

I found DS3 a lot easier than Bloodborne.
Then again I've been playing since Demon's Souls

>Second undead giant fight.
>Deals 700 damage or more in one standard attack.
I'm not perfect and I fuck up dodges all the time but why must enemies deal so much fucking damage?

I've played all aside from Demon Souls and I disagree, but I guess it just varies on experience. The combat in BB is a lot smoother and faster which made it easier for me to get into the flow of things whereas the combat in DS can feel a bit slow and clunky at times. You can get punished a lot harder in DS because of how slow everything can be.

I feel like the dark souls 3 bosses were only hard because they were bloodborne bosses without any of the bloodborne mechanics that the player relied on

He kicked my ass the 2nd time around too, I honestly wasn't expecting it since the 1st encounter is almost too easy. What got me is he starts adding in extra attacks to his rotations after you trigger his scream which can easily one shot you. This is probably one of the few bosses in the game where you have to take your sweet time.

I always ring my bell because of that. I can kill it alone but it takes so long that I don't bother. By the time he's done with his "slam the ground with mace until my infinite stamina pleases" the cooperator behind him took half his health.

Yeah kind of, I certainly think that faster rolls made boss fights easier. You can dip in and around with rolls twice as fast as you can in DS.

>fire/bolt runes
Nigga what?

I meant gemstones, my bad.

I want to put my dick into each and every hole on an Amygdalas head

I was using Ludwigs and found it missing despite his arms and what not being practically right besides me so I had to be right near him to hit the bastard. I got some spin to wins on me and one time it OHKO'ed me and his scream nearly killed me once as well. The only frustrating aspect was Ludwigs greatsword in trick form not landing a single fucking hit whereas my hunter's axe in trick for did just fine what a rip off.

They've got too much insight for that. Your dick will be fried.

A human from our world would be unaffected by this. That being said we'd probably straight up fucking die.

Post FC webms